Burning Honey Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
elleem
elleem
166 Followers

The man sighed and ran a hand through his honey-colored hair. It made him look tousled in a way that had Aspen's knuckles turning white where they grasped the sink.

"It wasn't supposed to go this way," Cary said. Aspen thought the name suited him.

"Wait, what?" Aspen turned now to face the man. "Wasn't supposed to go what way? What do you mean?" Aspen had a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

"I knew who you were last weekend at the gala." Aspen simply continued to stare at him, mouth slightly open. The man went on. "I recognized you from the picture on Ruby's desk."

Aspen was processing this. He knew the photo Cary was talking about; he and Ruby on the beach, his arm around her, Ruby with her customary wry look, Aspen grinning too broadly. He'd wanted to be flattered when she'd had the picture printed and framed, but he'd always had the sneaking suspicion that she'd chosen it more for the way she looked in her bikini than out of affection for him.

"To be honest, Aspen, I asked Ruby to invite you. I wanted to talk to you. What ended up happening...well, that wasn't the plan. I generally have more self restraint than that. Than this." He was watching Aspen carefully.

None of this was adding up. "You planned that? To talk about what, exactly?" He asked, eyes narrowed.

"Look, it's a long story, and this bathroom isn't really the place. I was going to tell you about this earlier in my office but...well, I got distracted. I need your help, Aspen. And hopefully this will help you, too."

"Help? What are you talking about? How couldIhelp you?"

"I can't get into it here. Can we go someplace to talk? I'll keep my hands to myself," he raised them, palms facing Aspen in a gesture of appeasement, "I promise."

He lookedso fucking impossibly sexylike that, something between hope and desperation in his face, looking at him like he was all that mattered in the universe, that Aspen almost made a grab for him.

But Aspen knew better than that now. Play with fire, get burned. That was how it went.

"No, you look,Cary," Aspen was suddenly furious. "You set up some strange meeting and end up mauling me in your fancy black car.Thenyou waylay me as I come here to see mygirlfriend, youremployee. Now you tell me you want me tohelpyou? No way," he said, shaking his head. "No fucking way. I don't know what you're playing at here - trying to seduce me to use me against Ruby, or -"

"It's not like that," the man broke in, and Aspen could see some heat in his gaze now. "I told you that wasn't part of the plan - I didn't expect you to be so... And then you come in today wearing those ridiculously tight pants and you gave me thislook-" he cut himself off with an almost agonized groan and Aspen had to remind himself to breathe.

"The bottom line," he said after a moment to compose himself, "is that I don't want to get mixed up in - whatever you're up to. So no, we can't go talk somewhere. I'll find my own way home."

Cary looked as though he was trying very hard not to say something: Aspen gave him just a moment to out with it, but when nothing was forthcoming, he sighed and made for the door. Cary didn't move.

Aspen pulled the door open, looked back. "You won't be seeing me soon this time, Cary," he said firmly. It was for the best. The man was clearly dangerous.

It occurred to him as he pressed the call button for the elevator that he should be proud how well he'd managed that. Last time he'd seen the man he'd barely gotten out a coherent thought. This time he'd solidly put him in his place. Which was the right thing to do, he reminded himself.

So why was he left feeling like he'd just made a terrible mistake?

elleem
elleem
166 Followers
12