Business and Pleasure Don't Mix

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,302 Followers

"Do I look like some money grabbing bitch to you? Do you think that the only reason I'm with you is because of your damn money? Well do you?" she yelled accusingly at me.

"Babes, I'm sorry about the other night and no I don't think that, it's just that, you know, if we got together and it didn't work out," I started to say before she stopped me again.

"So this gives you everything and me nothing, is what you're asking? You can go out and whore around and leave me high and dry if I complain?"

"Heather, I'd never cheat on you."

"Oh, now I get it, you think I'm the one who's going to cheat; that's what this is all about. At least I'm happy I found out ahead of time what you really think of me. You really are a miserable worm aren't you?" With that she turned her back on me. Now I got mad.

"All right miss high and mighty, what would you like included then. I want to protect my business interests and everything I've built up to this point but if you've got something to bring to the table, now's the time to speak up." She stopped and turned around.

"How about if you cheat on me? How about ten years down the road you want to replace me with a newer and hotter model? What happens then?"

"Well, we can draft something into the agreement that covers that if you're afraid I'd do something like that. I hate this as much as you do, but if it's all laid out in black and white at least we'll know the consequences if one of us decides to stray."

"So, in other words, you don't think we will make it? Is that what you're trying to tell me?"

"Heather, that's not what I'm saying. I love you to death and we may never ever need it, but it'll cover the both of us if we do."

"So, if you cheat on me, I can get whatever I want?"

"And the same applies to me if you do." She stopped and I could see the wheels turning in her head.

"I don't like it, but I understand the reasoning behind it. It's like we're putting together an impersonal marriage contract; point four, condition three and stuff like that. Well, at least one good thing came out of all of this," she winked at me.

"What in the hell was that?" I asked.

"At least I now know for sure you want to marry me," and with that her frown became a smile. "Steve, I know you would never try to screw me over, well at least not outside of the bedroom. So, if I have to sign some ridiculous pre-nup to have you forever then I guess that's what's going to have to happen. Let's just get it over with so we can go back to the way it was before you get cold feet."

"I won't get cold feet!" I said in a matter of fact voice.

"Whatever," she scoffed. Grabbing my hand she led the way back to our bedroom. "We need to put these last three days behind us and I only know one way to start the healing process." I was late to work the next day.

It took a couple of weeks to get the exact wording hashed out. My business and house were off limits but everything going forward was fair game. What it came down to was that if we decided to split it would be a sixty/forty split with me getting the sixty percent since I made the most money. However, if one of us cheated, the party at fault would get, at the most twenty-five thousand dollars and the rest would go to the wronged party. The most detailed part was when it came down to what was considered cheating. The definition not only dealt with the physical act but also included emotional dishonoring and shaming of the other party. I expanded it to include the effect it could possibly have on my business. All in all, it was detailed, thorough and best of all now complete. We both signed it. After the document was notarized the lawyer kept a copy and a copy was put in our bank safety deposit box, and I hoped forgotten. That night we went out to dinner to celebrate.

It was like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I sat there just staring at her thinking about how much I loved her and how close I'd come to losing her.

"Happy?" I asked.

"Very," she said reaching for my hands. "You know I do love you don't you?"

"And you know I'm totally in love with you, also?" I replied while our eyes made love to each other. "Let's skip dinner and go home."

"Not on your life cowboy. I'm hungry and I need a big piece of meat tonight," she said looking at me. "And maybe dinner too."

"What would you say if I asked you to marry me?"

"You all ready asked me, don't you remember? I figured now with our talk about a pre-nup finished it was a done deal."

"But, I never actually said the words."

"Ok Steve, let's hear them," she put her wine glass down and folded her arms."

"Here? Now?"

"What better place. At least I'll have a bunch of witnesses to this monumental event," she giggled nervously.

I knew she was just teasing me knowing that I'd never do it in a public place like a packed restaurant; but this time she was wrong. I had been carrying that ring around with me for the last month waiting for just the right moment to give it to her. I stood up, walked over to her and pulled her to her feet.

"Steve, you're embarrassing me," she said looking around because people were now glancing our way.

I dropped down on one knee and pulled out the ring from my vest pocket.

"Heather, I love you more than anyone else on this earth. You make me happy and I want to live my life with you forever. Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" I said it loud enough that everyone around us heard. The place went dead quiet. Everyone was watching us.

She looked at the ring and silently mouthed, yes. "Yes, you crazy fool I'll marry you," she finally exclaimed out loud. The place erupted with cheering. The patrons clapped and called out their congratulations to us.

We made love that night like we'd never done before. With me between her thighs and holding her hands over her head we kissed forever. She met my every stroke as our lips and tongues never left one another. I felt her climax just after I'd begun mine. We came down together and I knew at that moment I'd found my true soul mate.

We had a small wedding four months later and two weeks after that I found out she was pregnant with our first. After Gary Michael was born she quit work and became a full time housewife and when Casey came along we were complete as she put it. One boy, one girl, and a house with a white picket fence; we had it all.

We would have dinner with my partners and their wives once a month; they'd both gotten married. Every quarter we'd throw a party for all our customers. It wasn't a huge affair, just dinner and drinks as a way of thanking them for their on-going support.

I think I started to notice it just after Gary was born but never paid much attention, but looking back, I probably should have. When she walked into a room, she wanted all eyes on her. She started to dress in a manner provocative enough that would make sure that would happen. At first it wasn't so flagrant then she started pushing the envelope a lot more before she got pregnant with Casey. It stopped for a while after Casey was born because she spent an obscene amount of time dressing our daughter in the frilliest of clothing she could find. She was my little angel but to Heather, she was a doll to dress up.

It was at our quarterly get together, just after our sixth anniversary, that we had our first big tiff. I was working the floor with my partners and Heather was working the floor for an entirely different reason.

I don't think she was drunk maybe just a little tipsy; nonetheless she was getting way too friendly with a few of the males in attendance. She'd always liked to dance, and was an excellent dancer but what she was doing out there was more than a little suggestive. The worst part about it, I wasn't the first person to notice, it was Ann one of my partner's wives.

"Steve, is Heather drunk?"

"I don't think so, why do you ask?" She just turned me around and pointed me at the dance floor. The only way I could describe what she was doing was dry humping her partner right there on the dance floor; the worst part about it was I hadn't a clue who the guy was. When the song ended I was right there.

Grabbing her by the arm I asked her what the hell she was doing?

"Steve, I'm dancing with the son of your oldest client. He asked me if I wanted to dance and I accepted. What's the problem?"

"The problem is I don't like my wife bumping and grinding with some guy on the dance floor, that's what the matter is."

"All the young kids dance that way now, it's no big deal."

"To me it's a big deal and you're not a young kid anymore. You're a married woman with two kids."

"Steve, I maybe a bit older and have two kids, but I'm not dead yet," was her reply.

"I'm not telling you not to have fun, but when one of my partner's wives tells me you're fucking some guy on the dance floor, then it becomes my business. Think about what my other customers are thinking."

"They're probably saying what a lucky bastard you are to have such a hot wife," she tried to say with a smile on her face.

"Not this group Heather. These are old fuddi duddies who wouldn't say shit if they had a mouthful of it. But know this, they would pull a contract away from us in a heart beat if they thought there was a chance of any improprieties going on that would effect their business."

"All right, I'll cool it. But you really need to loosen up."

It was a long ride home. We argued over what was appropriate behavior for the wife of one of the owners. I told her what I thought and she just rolled her eyes. After that it got worse.

At a charity auction two months later she came down in a skirt that I thought was a little too short. I made my displeasure known and Heather said she wasn't going to change.

"Steve, if you don't like the way I'm dressed just leave me home and go yourself."

"You know I can't do that, they're expecting the both of us." I sucked it up and we went much to my dismay.

She made it a point to play the room that night even though I tried to keep her at within arms length. We danced more than half the songs and when they played a slow one, I think she climbed into my jacket with me.

"Babes, why don't we blow this place and go home. I'm horny as hell and I felt you growing by leaps and bounds during that last dance," she purred into my ear suggestively.

"I'd love to, but for now cool your jets. We still have to stay for the auction, this is a business dinner not a pleasure party," I attempted to explain to her.

Heather was pretty good until the auction started. We'd won a few items I could use at work. We were getting ready to leave when they started auctioning off a date with one of the hot single guys. I let her out of my sight for less than thirty seconds only to find out that she and another woman were bidding hot and heavy for that guy.

"What the hell are you doing? Have you lost your mind?" I quietly yelled at her through my clenched teeth trying my best to put a smile on my face.

"Just bidding up the price," was her reply.

"Now think about what you're doing if that's at all possible. My married wife is bidding on a date with a single guy. Everyone in the room knows who we are and it gives the impression I'm either ok with it, or you don't give a rat's ass about our marriage. Either way, you've embarrassed the shit out of me. So get your purse, smile nicely at everyone because we're getting the hell out of here before you do any more damage to my reputation; is that understood?"

"You don't have to treat or talk to me like a child."

"Sweetheart, if I don't, that pea brain of yours doesn't comprehend what I'm saying." This was spoken with that stupid smile still plastered on my face. We finally made it out of the building. The blowup started in the car, and boy it was a whopper.

"Steve, I'm not an idiot. I've got an MBA and a degree in accounting," she spat at me.

"Well then use your brain once in a while. You know what they say, if you don't use it, you lose it," I spat back.

"Keep it up, and I know something you won't get the use of for a hell of a long time."

"Is that supposed to be some kind of threat?"

"Not a threat, a promise." Venom was spewing from her lips. I was angry, she was angry and we both were not giving an inch or conceding our point.

Needless to say, I didn't get a blowjob or anything else that was close to resembling sex that night or the next or even the night after that.

"I heard your wife almost bought a stud the other night," Andy said trying to make a joke. "The stuff for the office is one thing, but if she'd bought him, you'd have to pay for that expense out of your own pocket." With that said he could see that it didn't have the effect he thought it would have on me. "Steve, it was a joke."

"It isn't funny now and it sure as hell wasn't funny the other night. So, if you don't mind let's just drop the subject, ok?"

"No problem, I just thought..." I stopped him right there.

"Look, I have to deal with one person not thinking before she says or does something stupid, I don't want to have to worry about you too. Let's just get to work." Not the best start on a Monday morning.

Thankfully work was busy and I could shut my door and do my own thing without anyone interrupting me. The atmosphere at home was chilly at best and if it wasn't for our two kids, I'd probably be sending a lot less time there. We were sleeping in the same bed but there was like this ten-foot high barrier in between us. God help us if we happened to touch. It was like someone had hit us with a hot fireplace poker.

"Are you done sulking yet?" Heather asked me after dinner Friday night. "If you're not, I'm going out; I've had enough frost bite since last Saturday night."

"You still don't get it, do you?" I said looking at her. "And, I'm afraid you never will," I sadly bemoaned this fact, shaking my head I walked away.

"Talk to me, will you? Just don't walk away from me or I'm going to go out," Was she trying to threaten me? "Fine, suit yourself."

I should have put her on a shorter leash. Maybe then I could have controlled her a bit more. No, that never would have worked, not with her anyway.

"I'm leaving, don't wait up." Out she walked in a short, black leather skirt that wasn't hiding a thing and a white bustier that was slit about down to her navel.

"After you leave, where do you want me to send your stuff?" I called out to her. She gave me one look and walked out the door.

I was going to get falling down drunk but thought better of it. My marriage was dying and not even slowly. It seemed she just didn't care any longer. Even though she was a shitty wife, Heather was a great mother, and that was one of the only reasons why I kept overlooking her flip attitude.

She got home just before one o'clock a.m. I faked being asleep. I wasn't in the mood to get into it with her tonight. I heard the shower, the electric toothbrush and finally saw the light go out. She slipped into our bed and instead of staying on her side she moved over next to me. I could feel her hot body next to mine and suddenly she started kissing the back of my neck.

"I know you're awake, you want to fool around? I'm hot for you tonight." I turned over and just looked at her, not saying a word for a minute.

"I guess you needed to go out and get all hot and bothered with some other guys in order for you to want me, or is it that you want me to know what it's like to get sloppy seconds? Either way I lost the mood when you walked out that door tonight." I grabbed my pillow and slept on the couch.

All right, I didn't sleep but spent the night sitting on the couch. I was tired of the flirting, the dancing and her creaming over every guy who paid the least bit of attention to her. I had a jealous streak a mile wide but my possessive nature had kicked in years ago. She was my wife, no one else's. She married me, which to me meant she was mine and I was hers. I certainly didn't trust her any longer. If she acted that way with me there, I can't even imagine how she acted when I wasn't there. That was way too scary of a thought and it made me sad to think that I'd probably be starting a new chapter in my life soon.

About seven o'clock in the morning I looked up and there she was. She was in her bathrobe leaning against the doorframe with her arms crossed in front of her.

"We need to talk. "I didn't do anything with anyone else last night. I had a few drinks, danced with a few guys and came back home; that is all. I didn't kiss anyone, let anyone feel me up or go to bed with anyone; you've got to believe me." I could tell she was pleading her case.

"Why should I believe you? I see the way you act around our friends; I can't imagine what you do around strangers. I just don't want to fight about it anymore. You live your life and I'll live mine. We'll meet in the center sometimes and life will go on. This way I won't have to worry about you embarrassing me anymore."

"You're giving up on us? On our marriage? She shouted at me.

"What marriage? I've felt more like your parole officer than your husband for far too long. It's like a father trying to save his daughters virginity. He does everything he can but in the end it's up to his daughter to either save it or give it away. You gave our marriage away."

"Steve, you're an asshole. I gave nothing away."

"That's right you didn't. You made me pay with my self respect and the love I once had for you time and time again, but no more; I've got nothing left to give."

"Come upstairs and I'll make you feel good, the way I use to."

"You still aren't hearing me, are you? I'm done, it's over." She got pissed, said something under her breath and walked away.

I thought I could live together but apart from her for the sake of our kids but I was wrong. She did everything she could to get me interested in her and though my body almost betrayed me a couple of times my mind held out.

I never told her about Sunday's quarterly party but she somehow found out. I was looking forward to a nice quiet evening with a few old friends. It had been a struggle at the last couple, but tonight I wouldn't have to keep one eye on Heather and the other on my guests.

"Your wife coming tonight?" Ken asked me as we leaned up against the bar.

"Nope, didn't say a word to her about it."

"Well, I guess there won't be any excitement then," he joked trying to lighten my mood but it didn't work.

The party was in full swing and we were just sitting down to dinner when I caught her out of the corner of my eye. He dress was cut way too low in front and slit way too high on the side.

"I almost didn't make it darling," Heather said kissing me on the cheek. She proceeded to grab a vacant chair, squeezing both the chair and herself between me and the person to my right.

I looked at her and she did look fabulous in what must have been a new dress. It showed her body off and fit her to a tee.

"Linda told me about the party, it must have slipped your mind," she was looking at me. Quietly she whispered, "You wouldn't want anyone to think there's trouble in paradise would you?" She smiled at the couple across the table from us.

"I thought your wife wasn't coming?" Andy reminded to me.

"You can thank your wife for her being here," I told him disgustedly.

"Hey, it's not her fault you can't control your wife." I wanted to choke him right then and there and I think he knew it as soon as he opened his mouth. "Maybe she'll be on her best behavior tonight; you know, trying to make amends."

Heather worked the room as most guys did their best to look like they weren't looking down her top but of course they were. When the band started she calmly walked over and asked me to dance.

"Why are you here? Haven't you done enough?"

"Steve, you have two choices. We can make like the loving couple we truly are or I can be the biggest bitch that ever walked the face of this earth, your choice."

Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,302 Followers