Butterfly - The Girl in the Woods

Story Info
Man finds a woman left naked in the woods.
12.1k words
4.45
27.7k
35
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jackie_em
jackie_em
1,552 Followers

Note - this story is a romance. There is some sex in it, but if you're looking for something with tons of explicit sex scenes, this story isn't it.

*****

It all started with my divorce. My name is Jacob, and I'm a 40ish nerd who made it good. I'm generally fit, but not at all muscular, about 5'10" and 160 pounds. I'd partnered with a couple of college friends to start a tech company. They were the hard tech guys, but I was a numbers guy who could still find his way around a computer pretty well. Brad was the marketing guy, who was pretty decent with tech, while Simon was the serious tech guy. Between us, we made a good team.

We did well, starting a company and after some years of hard work and barely scraping by, we ended up selling it for a nice chunk of change that we split between us. I met Andrea in the early days of the company. She was pretty and came from money, but for some reason liked me. I guess I was lucky, because her family had the bucks, she insisted on a prenup, so when I later caught her cheating on me, she walked away with nothing from my windfall.

It was partly my fault. I was so much a workaholic, and so focused on my job that I didn't pay enough attention to her. When she didn't get it from me, she found someone else who would give her that attention. In that sense, I can't blame her, but I just couldn't forgive her cheating on me, particularly when I found it was a long way from the first time she'd done it.

At any rate after fifteen years of marriage, I got rid of her cheating ass. Let daddy or her latest little fling pay for all her clothes and shoes and vacations. I might have been obsessed with work, but she went off on vacations, and as I learned, she screwed guys she met while she was there. Call me strange, I don't need lots of different women. I just wanted one who loved me and would be faithful to me. Andrea wasn't that.

We sold the company and took our money as I divorced Andrea. Brad and Simon said they were going to live a little before they tackled their next big thing. After shedding myself of Andrea, I wanted to get away from everyone, partly since I think she'd screwed almost everyone I knew, including both Brad and Simon. I bought a small cabin in the woods, with electric, water, and indoor plumbing, then got internet connected.

I had a cell phone, but it never occurred to be me get a landline. Hell, I seldom used the phone anyhow. Most of my calls had been to or from Andrea, Brad, or Simon. Besides I could always Skype if I needed to talk to someone. I'd wanted to try to do some writing, so I took my computer and headed off to my cabin. With the mountains, I had no cell service, but I really didn't care much. I did my writing and did emails and whatever social media I was in the mood for - usually not much, since most of my social media contacts were friends and ex-lovers of Andrea.

There was a small town about twenty five miles away. I'd hit there about once a week for groceries, then just cooked at the cabin, stayed there and wrote. It didn't always go well, but writing can be that way at times. When it was shitty, I'd just take long walks in the woods. I got turned around more than a few times, but always managed to find my way back.

One day I was out walking in the woods to clear my head, and as I walked along, I thought I heard someone weeping. I got as quiet as I could and tried to trace the sound and see where it was coming from. As I got closer, it sounded like a woman or girl weeping. I tracked the sound to a clearing where I found a stark naked girl, maybe twenty years old, sitting there, crying her eyes out.

I stood there stunned, watching her. She had a pretty face, and was slender with maybe b-cup breasts. I guessed she was maybe 5'6" and 120 pounds, and from what little I could tell seemed to have a nice shape. I couldn't even imagine what she was doing there naked or why she got there. I just stood there gaping until she finally stopped crying and realized I was standing there.

"Oh my God."

She turned and looked like she was about to start running away.

"Please. Stop. I'm not sure what's wrong, but I just want to help."

I wasn't sure why I even said that. How was I supposed to help? What kind of help did she want or need? Who was she? She stopped, turned partly back to me keeping her side to me to expose as little of her body as possible, while using her hands to try to cover her breasts and pussy. She looked at me and looked frightened and uncertain.

"Who are you? What are you doing here? Why don't you have any clothes?"

"Please, sir. I'm embarrassed."

I was wearing a long sleeve flannel shirt over a tee shirt, mostly to protect my arms from the brush in the woods. I took off the flannel shirt and held it toward her. She still looked frightened and was about twenty feet away. I slowly moved closer, with her constantly looking like she wanted to run away. I got within ten feet and held the shirt out to her.

For perhaps the first time, she looked slightly hopeful. She uncovered her breasts and reached out with that hand toward the shirt. I took another step closer so she could reach it. She took it from me and held it in front of herself, trying to shield her body with the shirt.

"Please, sir, look the other way."

I turned away and could hear the rustle of cloth as she put the shirt on. I waited until the sounds stopped.

"Are you okay?"

"I guess so."

I looked back and she had put on the shirt and was finishing buttoning it up about as far as it could go. It was long enough to cover her ass and pussy, though obviously it was the only thing she was wearing.

"What is a pretty girl like you doing wandering naked in the forest?"

I could see tears forming in her eyes and she tried to stifle a sob.

"Look. It's okay. You don't have to tell me. But I can try to help, if you'll let me."

She looked at me like she wondered if I was an axe murderer or rapist and kind of shrunk away from me.

"Look, I won't hurt you or do anything to you. I swear. I have a cabin nearby. You can rest, clean up, and get something to eat."

Her stomach rumbled, which told me she probably hadn't eaten in a while.

"I swear, I won't touch you."

"Where is your cabin?"

"About a quarter mile back this way."

I pointed back the way I came. She looked and took half a step toward me. She was barefoot, and her feet had clearly taken a beating from walking in the woods with no shoes. For that matter, she had scratches on her body, at least that part of it which was not covered by my shirt. Her brown hair was kind of a mess, and her face was streaked with tears.

"I'm Jacob, and I own a little cabin that I'm staying in."

"I'm Marie."

"Well, Marie, let's see if we can't get you cleaned up, fixed up, and fed."

"Okay, I guess."

I started back to my cabin, but took it slow. Marie was clearly uncomfortable walking barefoot through the woods, but I wasn't sure what I could do at that instant. It took us almost half an hour to get back to my cabin. Marie still looked uncertain as we got there, but I opened the door and she came in. She looked around, like she wasn't sure who or what might be waiting for her there.

"Do you want a bite to eat and something to drink first?'

"Yes, please, sir."

"Roast beef and swiss cheese on pumpernickel okay?"

"Do you have mayonnaise?"

"Sorry, I never use it so I don't keep any here."

"I guess I'll do without then."

"Soda?"

"Sure."

I got her a can of soda from the fridge and gave it to her. She opened it and downed it while I was making the sandwiches. I guess she was pretty thirsty. I still wasn't sure how long she'd been out there. I gave her a sandwich and she wolfed it down before I could even eat half of mine.

"Would you like more?"

"In a little while, but I feel yucky. I need to clean up."

"I can give you a clean tee or flannel shirt, but don't have much else that would fit you."

She made kind of a face, then I remembered I had a pair of sweat pants with a draw string waist. Marie would be swimming in those, but at least they'd cover her and maybe let her feel a little more comfortable. I got the sweat pants and a long heavy tee, and gave those to her. She looked relieved.

"We can go into town and get you some better clothes, once you're clean."

"I'd rather not - not until I have something better to wear than this."

She held out the clothes I'd given her to demonstrate, and I could hardly argue with her. She'd look like some kind of vagabond in that - and a poorly dressed one at that.

"If you give me your sizes, I'll run in and get you a few things, while you clean up. If I'm not back by then, help yourself to food and drink from the fridge."

She gave me her sizes and I drove to town to grab some clothes for her, along with some additional groceries. I wasn't sure how long she would hang around, but I needed to make sure I had enough food regardless.

I bought two bras, half a dozen pair of panties, two pair of jeans, three tops and a pair of sneakers with socks. The clerk at the little store seemed to be watching me with some amusement. I'd been in town a few times - always alone, and I know she had to be wondering what was going on. I bought some scented body wash and shampoo, and even got some mayo at the grocery store.

It occurred to me, I'd left my cabin with this girl there who I didn't even know. I decided it was not a problem. Even if she ran off with my computer, I had a flash drive with my writing files in my pocket. I backed up obsessively and always carried it with me. I drove back with the clothes and groceries and wondered what I'd find of my cabin when I returned.

I came in to find Marie sitting there, watching a DVD on the television, while drinking a beer. I'd told her to help herself, so I guess I couldn't complain if she helped herself to a beer, even though she didn't look old enough to drink.

She was wearing my sweat pants which she could barely keep on, since she was a lot smaller than me. I could see her nipples standing up, even through the heavy tee I'd given her. I gave her the clothes I'd bought her and she shrieked with joy and dashed into my bedroom to change. She emerged five minutes later, looking far more modest than I'd seen her before.

I'd been putting the groceries away, and told her I'd gotten some mayo, just for her. She smiled, I think for the first time since I'd seen her. I could see that after she showered, she put something on her various scratches and scrapes from wandering the forest. She stayed barefoot in the cabin, since her feet had taken a bit of a beating.

"So, Marie, what is a pretty little thing like you doing wandering the forest the way you were?"

"You mean naked?"

"You were that."

"I'm from a town about fifty miles away. My mom passed away a couple of years ago, and my dad started drinking a lot and got to be a real hard ass."

"Didn't stop you from having a beer."

"My mom taught me to be a responsible drinker and gave me small amounts of alcohol so I wouldn't see it as something daring or wonderful."

"And your dad?"

"Hated it and said nasty things about me and my mom. While my mom was around she could keep him from getting too bad, but after she died, he went out of control."

"And your dad is why...?"

"I had a boyfriend. We never had done much but I liked him and we hung out and went out together. One night we each had a beer or two and were kissing and making out when my dad came home."

"He thought the worst, I assume."

"He physically threw Joe out and called me a drunken slut and hit me."

"That makes me hate the bastard and I've never met him."

"He told me that if I was going to be a drunken slut, then he'd teach me a lesson."

"You mean...?"

"He dragged me to his truck, tied me up and threw me in the truck bed. He drove up here, stripped me of my clothes, then drove off and left me."

"That total asshole."

"That was last night, and I'd been wandering around in the forest naked until you found me this morning."

"I'm so sorry for what happened to you."

"Not your fault, but I'm sure as hell not going back there."

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I don't even want to go back to my town. The way my dad is, he probably told everyone what he did to me. I'd be totally humiliated."

"You don't have anything to be ashamed of. If anything, he should be ashamed of what he did to you."

"I don't have any money and I'm not sure where to go."

"You're welcome to stay with me for a few days while you figure things out."

"I don't know. You only have one bedroom and one bed. I don't think we should..."

"Look, I'm not going to touch you."

"You've been wonderful to me so far, and you seem to be a nice guy, but I've never done anything with a guy - except a little kissing."

"And you don't have to do anything with me in order to stay here."

"But only one bed and a small cabin."

"There's a sofa, and I have extra blankets. Believe it or not, I can be a gentleman."

"Of all the men I've met, I can believe that of you more than any of the others."

"If you have somewhere else to go, I can give you a lift, otherwise you're welcome to stay here."

"I don't want to impose on you."

"You won't be."

"Are you ... married?"

"I was. I'm divorced now."

"Why?"

"Well, I don't know..."

"Look, I told you my whole sordid story. You can tell me yours."

"I divorced her when I found she had cheated on me - not once, but a bunch of times."

"What a stupid woman."

"To be fair, I should have paid more attention to her."

"Still, that's terrible."

"Not half as terrible as what your dad put you through."

"I needed to get out of there. I just wish I'd left by my choice."

"Just do me a favor. Don't go back there."

"Never."

I grilled salmon for dinner with a nice rice pilaf and some steamed asparagus. I didn't usually go to that much trouble just for myself, but figured Marie deserved a nice dinner. I'm not into that, but mixed up a little dijonnaise sauce for her salmon. She seemed to enjoy it and appreciated the extra effort in making a sauce for her, even though I had no interest in it.

I had internet, which included cable, though I only watched it occasionally when I wanted some mindless entertainment. We turned it on an I found that Marie liked silly romances, so we watched as nice one that she really seemed to like, though she was getting tired by later in the evening.

"I'm sorry. I should have thought to get you some pajamas when I was at the store."

"That's fine. I'll wear your long tee shirt as a night shirt, if you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all. Are you comfortable in that?"

"Sure. I'll change in the bedroom, if that's okay."

"Marie, you can take the bedroom and sleep on the bed."

"Absolutely not. This is your cabin and I'm just an intruder."

"You aren't an intruder, you're a welcome guest. There's a big difference."

"A guest who got dropped on you out of nowhere."

"You deserve something nicer than you've gotten lately."

"And you deserve not to have to sleep on a sofa that isn't even long enough for you to sleep comfortably on."

Marie changed in my bedroom and came out in my long tee, carrying her regular clothes. I got Marie a pillow and blanket, and she curled up on the sofa. I kissed her on the cheek, which seemed to surprise her, but she smiled as soon as the shock passed. I worked quietly on my computer writing as Marie fell asleep. I wrote for an hour or two then quietly went into the bedroom and went to sleep.

...

I woke up to the smell of coffee, so I pulled on my pants and came out of the bedroom. Marie was puttering in the small kitchen, still wearing my long tee as a nightshirt. She was humming and had a big smile as she worked. I hadn't fully cleaned up after dinner last night and she was washing the dishes and putting them away.

Marie saw me and gave me a smile that I swear could melt the Greenland icecap. She walked over and gave me a big hug and rubbed the side of her head against my cheek. All I could think of was to wonder what kind of a monster could have been so cruel to such a sweet girl. She then kissed my cheek and let go of me. For my part, she could have kept holding me. I could feel her nipples through the tee shirt, rubbing against my bare chest.

"I hope I didn't wake you up."

"No, Marie dear. I'm fine. I hope you had a good night's sleep."

"The best night's sleep I've had since my mother died."

"It's been that bad?"

"He was always difficult, but my mom kept him mostly sane. Once she was gone, he was out of control."

"It's inexcusable."

"He's in my past."

"Best place for him."

Marie had a cup of coffee and got me one. We went in and sat on the sofa to drink it. She'd already folded up the blanket and put it and the pillow in the closet. It even looked like she'd begun picking up around the place. I don't want it to sound like I'm some kind of slob. I'm fairly neat and clean, but I'm a long way from fastidious.

"So you're a writer? What kinds of things do you write?"

"Stories, scripts, whatever catches my interest."

"And you make a living off that?"

"I saved some money when I was working, and I can afford to take the time off to write."

"Everyone I know has to keep working except a few rich people."

"Well, Marie, I wouldn't say I'm rich, but I can afford to go without working for a while."

"Lucky you."

"Have you been working or are you in school."

"I graduated from high school a couple years ago. I've been doing whatever sales clerk jobs I can get since then."

"Didn't you want to go to college?"

"I had decent grades, but not enough for a scholarship, and I didn't have the money."

"If you had the money, what would you like to study?"

"I kind of like art and design, but where's the money in that? I could never pay back college loans off that."

"You're an artist?"

"That's kind of a stretch, but I like drawing and painting and composition."

"I'd love to see something you've done."

I could see a tear start to form in her eye, as she looked down.

"My dad tore all my work up and threw it out when he was drunk a couple months ago. I couldn't bring myself to do any more for him just to tear them up again."

"The more I hear, the more I hate that man."

"It's the alcohol. Under that somewhere there's a good man."

"Marie, dear, maybe at one time there was, but I think that man got lost."

"I kept hoping he'd come back."

"What about your job?"

"I was supposed to work yesterday. I didn't show or call, so they probably fired me. Too many people need work - they can replace me easy."

"What about the money you made when you worked?"

"I gave most of it to my dad for food and rent. The rest covered my clothes and a few personal things."

"You're welcome to stay with me, though I was only planning to stay here for a couple more weeks."

I could see Marie's face fall, and knew she was thinking about the likelihood of having to go back to her father's place. I also knew there was no way that I could let that happen. Given what she told me, sending her back there was almost like a death sentence. If he would dump his naked daughter in the middle of a forest, he might even do worse, once she returned.

"Marie, if you were willing to come to the city, I could give you a place to stay, in exchange for keeping my place clean."

"I ... I couldn't impose on you like that."

"No imposition. You'd be doing me a favor. Maybe an hour's work a day, and we could find you a job. Maybe you could even go to art school."

"You've already done so much, and I owe you so much."

"You don't owe me anything. I was getting stuck in a funk, and you've brightened my life."

"I'll ... think about it."

jackie_em
jackie_em
1,552 Followers