Butterfly Wings and Kisses

Story Info
Is it possible to really know someone?
9.5k words
4.47
13.3k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A short story written after I saw one girl stare at another on my train. And I admit to avoid proof reading a much longer story. Enjoy and, as always, comments welcome.

It was so much easier, now that the trains had bike compartments. No more struggling to get the bike onto the train and no more getting in everyone's way.

Following my afternoon ride, I eased my bike into a stand in the compartment at the back of the carriage. Standing I stretched, trying to iron out the kinks that a twenty four year old body definitely should not have. As I stretched, I glanced through the window into the seated part of the carriage.

And I saw a very familiar blond head of hair. My girlfriend, Annie, had obviously got on the train before me, presumably at the university stop, and was heading home. She was seated and looking down at her lap, presumably engrossed in her iPhone.

Just as the train doors closed a girl jumped on the train. Both Annie and I noticed her as she plonked herself down on the seats across the aisle from my girlfriend. As the girl settled herself, she glanced across at Annie and then looked around the carriage.

In the instant after the girl boarded the train, I managed to check her out. And I was impressed. Longish brunette hair flowed around her pretty olive skinned face. As she moved to her seat, I couldn't help also noticing her cute bubble butt and long legs tightly squeezed into her jeans.

As the train picked up speed, the brunette glanced at Annie again, and the second glance lingered just a half second longer. Hardly noticeable, almost imperceptible, but I definitely saw her gaze fix on Annie, before jerking away.

Slowly, casually the brunette moved in her seat, twisted her body so she sat with her back to the window, and swung her legs up onto the empty seat next to her.

Now that I could see her face more clearly, I guessed she was around twenty one and even more achingly pretty that I had first imagined. Even more impressive for a breast lover like me, her loose blouse more than hinted at ample breasts constrained by her green bra.

For a moment I thought she had only rearranged herself into a more comfortable relaxed position. But when she glanced a third time at Annie, her eyes seemed to linger on Annie's body, albeit seeing only her side on profile as Annie bent slightly forward, still presumably engrossed in her iPhone.

The brunette then looked down at her lap, and a little smile flashed across her lips. She raised her iPhone so she held it in front of her. The brunette gave the impression that she was an ordinary girl sitting comfortably, just idling away the time by looking at her phone.

But I just knew from the flow of her glances and movements that she had different intentions. Now she could sit and, by looking past her iPhone, surreptitiously check out my girlfriend. And Annie hadn't noticed her plan and seemed quite oblivious to the cutie opposite her.

As the train started to leave the next station, the brunette began to twirl her hair with one of her hands. Her body language started to unambiguously say she was interested in someone or something, maybe what she was looking at on her phone or maybe my girlfriend sitting opposite her.

A movement from Annie then caught my eye, and I watched her turn her head and stare out the window, seemingly deep in thought. Maybe I was over reading the situation but the brunette continued to check out Annie, even though Annie was focussed on watching the train pull into the next station.

For about ten minutes and two stations, Annie continued to thoughtfully look out the window, while the brunette continued to look at or past her phone. But when we left the station immediately before the one at which Annie and I would get off, Annie's attention drifted back down to her lap and she seemed to be doing something with her hand bag. I was confused as to what Annie was up to, but after a minute or two she stood up facing the girl.

And the brunette's eyes drifted up from her phone and meet Annie's. Annie smiled, her cute dimpled affectionate smile. And the girl broke into a radiant smile in return. Annie stepped into the aisle and I was the only one who noticed Annie's hand stretch out and a small piece of paper flutter from her hand into the girl's lap.

In chaos theory they say that the flap of a butterfly wing can start a chain of events that leads to a storm. The flutter of that piece of paper was my butterfly wing, one small thing that led me down an unexpectedly stormy path.

Both the brunette and I watched Annie walk down the aisle of the train, with a sexy little swing of her hips, and wait by the door. We stopped at our station and Annie got off. But I was frozen by what I had seen. I couldn't move, let alone think that I should get off the train.

The brunette just stared down the aisle even when Annie had stepped off the train. But when the train moved forward, she looked down at the piece of paper Annie had given her. And when she tapped something into her phone, I just knew that it was Annie's phone number.

We all build up pictures of how our loved ones behave when we aren't present. I have loved Annie for four years, and I know she is kind of regular in every way. Well not in every way, she is completely gorgeous. But she is kind of traditional and conservative in her appearance and habits.

But that action, namely giving a random girl her phone number, was shocking inconsistent with my picture of how Annie would behave.

I was still shell shocked as I began my bike ride home. It had taken two more stops before I recovered my wits and actually got off the train. Almost five minutes of replaying what had happened in my mind, looking for what I had missed.

As I peddled home the penny finally dropped. When Annie turned to look out the window she might well have seen the reflection of the brunette in the window. That sometimes happened to me, especially in stations. And if so, she had likely realized she was being checked out.

I almost stopped peddling when I thought about the implications of that. God knows we all get checked out, and Annie is pretty enough for it to happen a lot. But mostly we ignore it, and indeed I have seen Annie be almost rude to any guy that hits on her.

But today, the fact that she was checked out and then gave out her phone number stunned me. What did she want to happen next?

Fortunately I had more or less calmed myself before I got back home. Maybe, I thought, maybe it really meant nothing.

Annie was sitting in the kitchen, phone in hand.

"Hi, Zac. Have a good ride honey?" she asked.

"Really good," I said as I kissed her, "But I need a shower."

"You sure do. I will put dinner on in a moment," she said, as her phone pinged with an incoming text.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"A friend from university, Sara. She was on the train coming home. She is a second year but I think she needs some mentoring."

"Cool. That's kind of you to help her."

Annie smiled sweetly at me and her eyes returned to her phone. She began to reply to Sara's text as I went to the bathroom.

Perhaps I hadn't over read the situation at all. Damn it, if Sara was really a friend from university, she would have spoken to her.

As the water splashed over me, all I could think about was that this did not add up. I wanted to understand what Annie and Sara were texting about.

Our evening was really pleasant. Annie, as usual, was the Annie I fell in love with, sweet, funny and affectionate. But behind what I hoped was my equally sunny disposition, I was surprisingly anxious and I guess I wanted to reassure myself by about Annie's surprizing behaviour.

I could ask, but what could I say without looking an idiot. And it seemed such a breach of confidence to look at her phone even though I knew I could, as ages ago we accidentally discovered we both used our birthdays as our phone codes.

That night we make love which was as good as ever, and I slipped into a more relaxed sleep.

I woke before dawn, got out of bed and headed for the bathroom. As usual we both had left our phones charging in the bathroom. Just seeing our IPhones reactivated some of the previous night's anxiety. I knew I shouldn't look but despite that I had to know.

Although feeling guilty, I knew I couldn't stop myself and so I locked the door and picked up Annie's phone.

I first saw a text from her mother asking Annie to check on her parents' house while they were away for the week. But then I saw a longer conversation with Sara.

"Hi Annie, it's me Sara, the girl from the train."

"Hi back. Good to hear from you. Hey do I know you, you look familiar."

"From university, I'm a second year. I have seen you there, but I didn't think you had noticed me."

"Yes, I'm doing my masters in animal behaviour. Notice, how could I not notice such a pretty girl?"

I was more than surprised by Annie's flirtatious tone. And surprized it was with a girl. And surprized it had started just a couple of texts into their conversation. This all seemed so out of character with the Annie I knew.

"Lol, me?" Sara texted, "You are prettier. You didn't seem to see me on the train."

"Oh yes I did. Your reflection in the train window. I watched you watching me."

"Oh crap. I'm so sorry."

"Hey don't worry, I gave you my number after all. Maybe I liked it."

"Really?"

"Yes really, maybe I liked it as much as you."

"Oh my God. Cool."

I was amazed how thrilled Sara seemed by the fact that Annie had noticed her.

"Hey do you want to meet up for coffee tomorrow?" Annie continued.

"Oh yes. When and where?"

"Union café on campus. At eleven?"

"Can do. See you then."

"Looking forward to it. Got to go, dinner calls."

"Bye. Thanks. See you tomorrow."

"Bye Sara."

As I wandered through the university that morning, I passed Union Café and went in and bought a coffee. And I drank it with a growing sense of frustration that lasted all morning. I wanted to know what Annie and Sara talked about, but there was no way I could overhear them. In fact even turning up when they were there would be creepy.

I so couldn't concentrate on my thesis and I spent the afternoon riding my bike, getting home before Annie returned.

"How was your day," I asked.

"I made a lot of progress on chapter two of my thesis."

"Cool me too, though I rode this afternoon."

No mention of Sara I noticed. And there was none that evening which, like the previous night, passed pleasantly. Apart that is from my growing sense of unease.

Early the next morning my frustration got the better of me and I couldn't resist again looking at Annie's phone. And there was a brief text conversation from late yesterday afternoon.

"Thanks for coffee and for your help Annie. Found those references and they are good."

"Always happy to help a pretty girl."

"You are such a flirt!!!"

"You liked it this morning!!!"

"Hey, I want to buy you a cocktail to thank you."

"You don't have to."

"I would like to, what about Basement Bar on Gordon Street at five tomorrow."

"Maybe let's talk tomorrow."

Their conversation was mostly normal apart from the comment about flirting. That comment, however, increased my frustration and anxiety. Annie really didn't flirt and at the beginning of our relationship she made it clear that she didn't like me doing it.

But I felt helpless, there was nothing I could do to establish what was going on between Annie and Sara.

I managed to do a lot more work on my thesis the next day before a text from Annie totally ruined my concentration.

"Honey, I will be home a little late. Meeting Sara, the girl I am helping with her course options."

I replied, "Cool, have fun. I will prepare dinner. Love you."

"Thanks, you are so good to me. I love you so much."

Annie's last text reassured me and I happily made dinner. I vowed that I would not look at Annie's texts again, doing so just made me anxious. Which was silly given Annie loved me.

She was home by eight and as we ate she told me about Sara. Sara was as interested in the animal behaviour courses as Annie had been a couple of years ago. So Annie was able to explain which ones to take and how to prepare for post graduate work.

"Mentoring seems to suit you," I commented.

I noticed a slightly enigmatic look pass over Annie's face, which was quickly replaced by her normal smile.

"I guess it does honey."

That enigmatic look felt like a warning bell. Something was afoot, but I had no way of establishing what it was.

But early next morning the enigmatic look led me to break my vow and look at Annie's IPhone. And what I saw set in motion the most stormy day of my life.

Annie had texted from the train on her way home last night, "The address is seven Daley Street. See you at eleven."

"Sure, thanks for inviting me. Looking forward to it."

"It will be hot tomorrow, so remember we can swim in the pool."

"Great, see you at eleven."

The address was Sara's parents' house. The pool was their very private courtyard pool. And unlike the café or the bar, I knew a way of finding out what Annie was up to.

A couple of years ago, Annie's parents had been burgled and her dad had overreacted. He had wanted to upgrade their alarm systems and, as Annie was not interested, he had asked me to help. He ordered the most secure and frankly gold platted system imaginable. Full video and sound recording from a number of cameras and sensors.

But as he didn't fully understand what he had bought, I had also gone through the installation with the service team. The key was the console system which was set up in the small storage room where he kept his wine and important papers. That room was now securely locked but I had the code and I also knew that I could link a computer to the console and watch and listen from every camera in the house, without anyone knowing.

So that morning I let myself into Annie's parents' house at nine thirty and checked the cameras. Two outside on either side of the pool, one at the front of the house, two in the kitchen and lounge area and one upstairs in the hall.

There was actually a spare camera and I retrieved that and pondered where to put it. Not in the main bedroom, but maybe upstairs in what had been Annie's room when she lived at home. As I carefully hid the camera where it would not be seen I couldn't help but notice how much of Annie's girlhood stuff was still around.

I locked myself away in the small store room looking at the video and sound feed from each of the cameras. I knew that come what may I could not leave the room and stop Annie. But at least this would let me know the truth.

As I was flicking between cameras, it took a moment or two before I realised that Annie had arrived at her parents' house. When I saw her my jaw dropped. Shorts and a t-shirt were just like normal. But not wearing a bra was so out of character. Her white t-shirt pulled tightly against her chest and her nipples pushed against the material.

This was an Annie I didn't fully recognize.

She looked incredibly hot as she skipped up the stairs to her bedroom. I was pleased that I had put the camera in her bedroom. I watched and heard her drag out a largish steel box that was deep in her walk-in wardrobe. She retrieved a key from a draw, opened the steel box and took out what seemed like a very small piece of material.

A knock on the door downstairs caused Annie to grin to herself. She correctly guessed that Sara had arrived. Rushing downstairs Annie opened the door and greeted Sara with a hug. I noticed Sara momentarily glance at Annie's braless look and then her eyes drifted back to Annie's face.

Annie noticed too and as she turned back into the house I saw her grin to herself. It appeared the minx liked attracting Sara's gaze.

Annie and Sara spent their first half hour just chatting about university. I could see what Annie said about mentoring Sara was true. Sara was a sponge, absorbing everything Annie had to say about post graduate work. And I began to wonder whether I was over reacting and nothing would happen.

After a while Annie said it was time to swim and that she would change upstairs to give Sara a little privacy. Once Annie had gone, Sara undressed in the corner of the room invisible except to the camera in front of that her.

I was stunned by how breathtakingly gorgeous Sara looked. She was about five ten but she was slim and without an ounce of fat. Unusually her hips were narrower than her shoulders, which gave her the most adorable bubble butt, long legs and when she turned around what looked like carefully trimmed brunette pubs.

But my eyes were quickly drawn to her chest. Perhaps she needed her broader shoulders to support her superb large breasts. Olive coloured like the rest of her skin they were capped by chocolate coloured nipples surrounded by a large areola.

Her perfect body was in my opinion topped by her pretty, pretty face. After she put on a bikini which did a good job of covering her bottom but understandably struggled to contain her breasts, I quickly skipped to the camera in Annie's room.

Annie was naked looking at herself in the mirror. While she was a couple of inches shorter and much paler, in many ways from the waist down she was similar to Sara. Long legs, cute butt and I noticed that she must have shaved her pussy this morning.

But above the waist she differed from Sara. Just as tightly built, but smaller shoulders and a-cup breasts with puffy nipples. Maybe if the male population had to vote they would choose Sara over Annie, but for me my blond girlfriend was just as beautiful.

Then for the second time this morning Annie surprized me. The scrap of material I had seen her get out before Sara arrived turned out to be two scraps of material. As I watched open mouthed, Annie slipped on a bikini thong that was so petite as to almost be indecent.

She looked completely hot in it, but I was really troubled by the fact I had never seen it before. Worse than that, I remembered suggesting a thong bikini ages ago and Annie was very cool towards that idea.

Annie then tied her bikini top which was so small it achieved something I thought impossible. It gave the impression her small breasts were about to spill out the sides of her top.

Annie sashayed down the stairs and Sara stared open mouthed. When she reached Sara in the lounge she did a little twirl showing off her butt. That completely had Sara's attention.

"What do you think of this suit Sara? I hardly ever wear it. But a Brazilian friend I met on vacation last summer talked me into buying it the day Zac was out fishing."

Oh fuck I thought. I know who she meant, the guy's name was Carlos and we had met him and his wife a couple of days before I went fishing. Annie had mentioned the fishing excursion to Carlos and he had jumped at the chance to book the same trip as me.

I didn't have as much to do with Carlos's wife as Annie did. I recalled that she was about thirty and quite Latin in the sense of being very open and tactile. And clearly very South American in her swimwear recommendations.

Sara stared for a moment before swallowing hard, she said, "It is really cool. Why did you wear it today?"

"You know, I hardly ever get to wear something this skimpy. But I do like to put it on when I think someone might like to see me in it. So I wore it for you today."

Relief broke across Sara's face, "Oh God...," she moaned, "I was so worried you would think I was creepy, always starring."

"You are many things, cute and adorable for instance. But you are so not creepy. Come on lets swim."

Annie grabbed Sara by the hand and led her to the pool. The look on Sara's face was pure delight. Being called cute and adorable was clearly such a buzz for her.