By the Horns Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Just in case," Mike said and Nadine nodded her head.

As they approached the door Mike handed Nadine Thor's leash and when she took it she was amazed that Thor went right to her side. The other dogs stayed with Mike and as they exited the house she felt Thor was eager to go. Once the door was locked Mike and her began the long walk to the park. Along the way Mike and her talked about her life. She told him the basics about her growing up. Her mom was a nice woman and her dad was the coolest ever.

"The one thing I loved about my mom was she was a stern woman, but she was the nicest person you'll ever meet," Nadine said happily reminiscing about the past.

"Sounds like it," Mike agreed.

"She always made sure that we had all our school work done, then she'd make us a nice dinner and it was fun," she said and Thor rushed over to a bush.

Nadine laughed as he was very urgent in getting to the bush. He sniffed it repeatedly and walked her in a wide circle around it until he finally found his spot and lifted his leg.

"Marking his turf?" she laughed.

"Yup," Mike replied and had to hold Geri and Fenris at bay.

They were just as eager to mark a few trees and shrubs of their own. Mike relented at a few as Thor kicked up some grass on the bush and trotted away. Nadine saw Mike was being attentive so she went on.

"My mom was thrilled when I went to school. I really wanted to make them proud and get my four year degree, but then Trevor had his accident," she said softly.

"I saw the game, it sucked," Mike comforted.

"Yeah, it's been a rough struggle to get him back up," she said softly.

"I know the struggle part, but it takes only as long as the person needs to get back to walking, then it's done," Mike replied.

"What do you mean?" she asked unsure of his meaning.

"I mean that when I was done with my surgeries I had eleven months of rehab and after that I was on my way," Mike said and used the handle of the shovel to tap his knee.

Nadine heard not the sound of wood on bone, but wood on metal. Her eyes widened at the sound.

"I don't have a knee anymore, I have an artificial joint," Mike said and Nadine was stunned. He went on seeing her expression, "See my knee was in like a million pieces and the cartilage was gone so they had to go prosthetic. My leg was fine, but the joint was fucked beyond repair. It took them a few weeks to decide not to amputate at first. The doctors didn't see any infection so they decided to use the prosthetic joint, and I'm glad they did," Mike said reflecting.

Nadine thought about that and then about her husband. His surgeries took about three weeks, then he was in therapy for nine months. The doctor said football was a no go anymore, but he could live a normal life. She then thought about how long he wasted away and it suddenly made her ask.

"So how did you come to grips with that?" she asked.

"The only easy day was yesterday," Mike replied.

Nadine's face screwed up as she heard the simple phrase and it actually made a chuckle come from her lips.

"We say that in the teams. It's simple, you never know how hard the next day will be, you can only put the hardship behind you and go forwards regardless of whatever may come," Mike explained.

The logic was sound and Nadine could not help but thinking about it as they walked. Mike realized he gave her something to think about so he left her to it. Thor was also a reason they kept going as he saw the park and his not so gentle tugging on the leash made Nadine pick up the pace a bit. The group made it to the park and Mike slipped the leashes off the dogs. The only thing spoken between the two was a series of laughs and shouts as they played with the dogs. Mike had a few balls in his pocket for the dogs that he threw and the dogs happily chased. Nadine threw a ball for Thor a few times and all in all they had a fun time.

As the group began it's walk back from the park the dogs began to act a bit oddly. Mike was hoping to make it back before they did, but Fenris couldn't wait. Mike dropped his head as he watched the dog find a spot after sniffing the ground and Mike shook his head.

"You couldn't wait three more minutes?" he asked rhetorically.

Nadine turned to see Fenris crouch and do his business. She turned her head as the dog let go and Mike sighed.

"Jesus! That's more than you weigh!" he exclaimed and Nadine laughed.

Mike took out the shovel and dustpan and handled the mess. As Nadine was laughing Thor began to sniff the grass nearby. She saw it and her eyes got big.

"Thor no! Please no!" she begged, but the dog crouched.

"Eww!" she squealed as Thor let go.

Mike had just barely finished the clean up when he looked over and saw Nadine looking away nearly horrified as Thor did his business. He let out a chuckle as Nadine looked like she was going to be ill as she held his leash. Mike shuffled the shovel and dustpan and walked to Nadine with a smirk on his face. As he got close to her Nadine finally was able to look at him and when she did he extended the items to her.

"What's this?" she asked confused.

"Your walking him after all," Mike said seriously.

"Mike!" she exclaimed and shook her head no.

"It's the law Nadine. He made the mess and you have his leash, so get crackin'," Mike said smugly.

"But Mike that's...." she said and her face showed pure revulsion at the task at hand.

"Get to it," he prompted and Nadine took the shovel with a shaking hand.

Mike crossed his arms as she looked like she was going to retch as she tried to clean up the mess. When he felt like she was going to be sick Mike interceded. He took the shovel and dustpan from her and cleaned it up himself.

"Wuss," he chided as he got the mess contained.

Nadine huffed at him and took Thor's leash. She walked by him and stuck out her tongue and walked back to the house. Mike laughed hard at that as he got the other two dogs in tow and they made it back to his place. When they got home Mike led the dogs to the backyard and let them go. He also walked into the backyard and deposited the mess into a trash can in the backyard and put the shovel and pan next to it. Nadine followed him and the two took a moment to watch the dogs run around the backyard. The pair stood by for a few minutes watching the dogs run and laughed when Fenris jumped into the pool. Thor stood at the edge of the pool and thought about it, but he ran off to the grass with Geri to play. Nadine smiled as she watched the dogs playing and Mike patted her back.

"Are they always like this?" she asked.

"Sometimes. Sometimes more so," Mike replied.

Nadine smiled as Thor rolled around in the grass and Fenris got out of the pool. He shook off and trotted around the yard rubbing his fur along the ground. Nadine looked at the clock and saw it was getting late after a few minutes of watching the dogs play. She sighed and Mike understood the meaning behind it.

"Time to go?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said softly.

"Let me get your bowls then," he offered and walked to the kitchen.

Nadine turned to leave and as she did Thor perked his head up seeing her leave. He groaned softly and laid his head down between his paws. He blinked a few times seeing his new friend leave and began to whimper a bit. Nadine didn't realize his sadness to see her go as she was inside, but she felt his eyes upon her. She turned to see him with his head down and waved to him to say goodbye. She noted his tail began to wag a bit and she giggled at that. She had indeed made a friend.

Turning the corner to the kitchen Nadine was met by Mike who had her bowls in hand and was putting them in a plastic shopping bag. He tied it off and handed it to Nadine who took it then he led her to the front door.

"Hope you had a good time Nadine," Mike said softly.

"I did, thanks for being open for dinner," she said in a chipper tone.

"Hey I didn't have to cook," Mike joked making her laugh a bit.

Nadine saw the sincere look on his face and patted his back. She walked to the door and like the last time he watched her till she was home. It was a comforting gesture that Nadine appreciated. As she closed her own door she saw her phone was blinking. She silently cursed that she forgot it and went to it. She picked it up and walked to the kitchen to rinse the bowls. When she opened them she found they had already been washed! She hadn't seen it but before they had walked the dogs Mike had set them in his dishwasher. Nadine smiled at that and set the bowls in the cupboard. Once done she looked at her messages.

Her phone had four messages. The first was her mom saying hello and wondering why she didn't call as much. The second was her friend Stephanie calling her with some interesting news. The third was Trevor calling to say he would be late. She sighed at that and the last was Stephanie again. This time she was far more insistent that she call her. Nadine listened to the urgency in her voice and sighed. She called her friend and was shocked at how quickly the phone was answered.

"Oh my God chick, have I got something to show you!" Stephanie said almost singing into the phone.

"OK," Nadine said in total confusion.

"Hey sweetie you really need to come to my place...and I mean like now. You are going to love this!" Stephanie said the last part in a sing song voice.

"All right Steffi...you make it sound like the world is ending," Nadine said laughing.

"Maybe a little," Stephanie giggled and went on, "Now hang up and get your little tooshy up here!" she demanded.

Nadine laughed out loud at that and shook her head.

"OK, give me a few minutes," Nadine said and Stephanie hung up.

Nadine was still laughing at that and walked to her bedroom. Stephanie was never really so impulsive so a part of their conversation bothered her. Another part of her was intrigued by whatever was up so she made haste. She changed from the t shirt into a nicer cardigan and slipped on her sandals. She gathered her purse and phone and decided to call her mom on the way to Steph's house. She set her phone in the holder and the blue tooth in her ear. Once it was set she turned the ignition of her car and pulled out. She got onto the freeway and called her mom.

The phone rang a few times, but a familiar voice answered it.

"Hey baby," Nadine's mother said in Spanish.

As long as Esmeralda lived in the States, she still spoke Spanish as her first language. All her children spoke it as she knew it was a useful tool for them. Their father was more than fine with it as he wanted his kids to have all advantages in this life so he made sure they spoke it fluently as well as English. Esmeralda shocked Nadine as she switched to English as they conversed.

"So how are you mi bebe?" Esmeralda asked pleasantly.

"I'm good momma, I got a new promotion the other day," she said cheerfully.

"That's very good news mami! I knew you were a good one for that bank," her mom said in a bubbly tone.

The conversation between mother and daughter continued on and was well natured. It took a turn to why she hadn't been home in so long and when the excited soon to be grandparents could hope for good news. The conversation kept as far away from the problems the two of them were having as long as it was possible, but as is evident in life; mom knows.

"So is he still acting like a fool?" Esmeralda asked point blank referring to Trevor's inability to push on.

"Momma," Nadine begged trying to push the topic away from where it was going.

"Nadine please. Your daddy and I have been talking about going back to New york to visit relatives. Maybe you should come with us and get your head back on straight," her mom said hoping to get her away from Trevor and maybe helping her to push on.

"I would momma, but I have my job to think about and no vacation time," Nadine said truthfully.

"Nadine..." She wished to go on, but Nadine cut her off.

"Momma I gotta go I have someone on the other line," she said softly and hit the switch button.

Nadine had actually cut her off by cutting the conversation off. She knew her mother's thoughts regarding Trevor ever since they had their near falling out. While Nadine had gotten her to give him another chance, Esmeralda never trusted him since. While she truly appreciated her mother's advice, Nadine knew once her mother had her mind made up that was it. Nadine blew out a sigh as she thought of hanging up on her mother, but she drove on.

Nadine dwelled on her mother's words as she drove on and before she knew it she was in front of Steph's house. As she went to park she noted that only Steph's car was in the parking spot so she parked behind it. As she got the car in park Nadine wasn't ready to see Steph was literally in the window and the door opening before Nadine had killed the engine.

"Oh my god baby girl! You have to see this!" Steph sang out in such a way it made Nadine worry.

"Umm Steph...can I undo my seat belt?" Nadine asked as she felt Steph tugging her arm.

Stephanie looked down and saw the belt was still tucked on and laughed. She tapped her foot impatiently as Nadine killed the engine and undid her seat belt. As Nadine swung her legs out Stephanie snatched her arm and pulled her to her feet. Nadine laughed at how eager Steph was being, but deep down she was worried by it. Last time Stephanie was so eager about something was when she got drug to a carnival with a scary ride that made her sick for three days.

"So I didn't know you lived next door to a celebrity," Stephanie crowed.

"I do?" Nadine answered back totally lost.

"Of a sort," Steph replied.

"I'm so lost," Nadine said and her face showed it.

"That we already knew," Steph laughed.

"Hey!" Nadine squeaked, but she had no time for revenge as she was still lost by what was up.

The lost look in her eyes and hopeless smile she had on her face was so cute to Steph that she hugged her tight and pulled her along to her computer. When Nadine was in front of it Steph had her sit in the chair and moved her mouse to make it come to life. As the screen came to Steph went to her browser and clicked on the icons. After a few sites flashed by she came to the one she was looking for. Smiling mischievously she clicked on the icon and on the screen was a picture of Mike in a large ball room on the podium accepting and award of sorts.

Nadine tilted her head curiously at the image and when she read the explanation her eyes widened in pure shock. The caption read.

"Accepting the award for best hardcore scene involving interracial Mike Spikes and Talindra Desire."

As Nadine read on she saw the woman also receiving the award was someone she had seen before. The lady that sat at the table with Mike at the party he had when he moved in. Her jaw found slack as she read on that the scene was a very popular one on the net with almost fifteen million hits in a few hours after launching. Nadine's face looked up to Stephanie and her head twitched as she could only see the cat grin on her face.

"So why didn't you tell me you lived next door to such a stud?" she teased.

"I...I...." Nadine stammered totally at a loss.

While she was thankful for the dark skin she had, she knew that the blush in her cheeks was glaringly obvious. Stephanie began to flip through a few more of the articles and as she did Mike's name was mentioned several more times. Nadine couldn't help the rapid eye blinks as she red each one. The next thing on the screen was a club that was filled with several of the awards people and looked to be jumping. Steph it the play option and the video came to life. The after party from the awards ceremony was going on and fully televised. They watched for a few moments seeing the actors and actresses mingling and having a good time. Mike was there and he seemed to be a loner, but then Nadine's eyes got even bigger when a face she would never had imagined showed up. Melina walked in to the picture and she was wearing something that was near scandalous. The tight top she wore was classy, but short. The skirt she wore was not so classy, and even shorter. The thigh high leather boots she had on were just naughty as hell with five inch heels.

With very little modesty Melina snatched Mike from the table and took him to the dance floor. The song that played was a fast paced dance song that Melina took charge of. The way Melina and Mike danced in the party showed they were lovers, but when the screen behind them was showing a scene from a film Nadine's eyes bulged. Melina was in a nasty three way with two men she had never seen before. The way she was being tossed about between the men was something that made Nadine shift in her seat a bit. The raw dirtiness of it all was very upfront and Nadine could feel a slight tingle in her body as it went on. The scene was indeed hot, but then she got a sight of something that made her eyes widen to their highest point.

The clip ended and the screen switched to an actual porn scene from the dancing. The scene before Nadine and Steph's eyes was a classroom. In the room was a chalkboard covered in scribbles that were lewd and made no sense what so ever. The screen filled with a pretty, very voluptuous black woman who looked to be a bit older, maybe thirty five or so sitting behind the desk. She looked to be busy grading papers and not paying attention to much else. The boredom in her face was apparent as she sat and did her work. The scene showed her looking at her phone as it rang suddenly and giggling like a school girl she begin to talk to someone. The conversation was like a smitten little girl talking to her first crush and was very, very cliche.

As she spoke into the phone a shadow loomed over her. Steadily the shadow began to get larger as a man slowly walked into the room. Nadine's eyes bulged as even from behind and in a suit she could tell it was Mike. The teacher had no idea he was there and when she set the phone down the looming figure was crossing his arms behind her. As she set the phone down Mike shook his head in a disappointed manner.

"There is such a thing as a felony you know," Mike said suddenly and the woman jumped from her shoes.

"Oh my god you scared me!" she exclaimed as she turned to see Mike's looming face.

"I'm sure I did," he said back simply.

Mike was standing in such a way as to be very near the woman, but far enough away to make her seem nervous. He stalked forwards and before she could react he snatched the phone from her desk. The phone flipped to life and the teacher tried futilely to take the phone from his hand. Mike seemed to not even pay attention to the teacher as he used his hand to keep her hands at bay then he glared at her with an evil light. Like a snake his hand shot out snatching her wrist and spun her to her desk. The teacher went chest first into the desk and Mike held onto her arm behind her. He stood but millimeters from her very full ass and flipped through the images on the phone.

"So, care to explain why I see about a dozen students numbers on your phone Mrs Weathers?" he asked in a very cold tone.

"Dean Spikes please, I do study hall and they..." she started to protest and suddenly she was cut off by a vicious slap to her ass.

"Ow!" she cried out as the thunderous crack made the women watching the scene jump, but continue to watch on.

"Really now, lying to me is not the smartest thing to do here slut," he said coldly and stuck the phone in front of her face.

The teacher got a scared look as he used his thumb to show her images from the phone.

"Here you are, one of my best English teacher, spreading your slutty legs to any little boy in my school," he said coldly and slapped her ass again as he yanked the phone from her face.

The teacher whimpered under the blow, but Mike wasn't done yet. He slapped her several more times on the ass making her scream and cry out in pain from each one. The slaps were very hard and even in the camera's focus the actress looked like she was in obvious pain.