By the Pale Moonlight Ch. 03

Story Info
Tara meets those she's been warned about.
5.2k words
4.63
8.8k
15

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/12/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'm sorry that this took so long to reedit, but I got overwhelmed with everything and wrote a terrible chapter and I apologies about that. That being said I am going to do my best to keep up with this story and get back into writing. At the moment I cannot promise an exact time on when new chapters will come out but I do promise it will not be two years. Thank you all.

----------------------

A large black wolf ran through the trees, twigs snapped and leaves crunched under the weight of his monstrous paws. He ran swiftly and quietly; dodging rocks and sprinting through brush. The cool night air blew through his fur. He let out a loud howl as he sped around the side of a lake and jumped upon a large flat rock.

The wolf sat, panting. Slowly he started to transform. His bones cracked and disjointed; his femur's lengthened and snout fractured caving in upon itself. His spine straightened and ears melted onto his skull. Black fur fell off in clumps and jagged daggers sucked back into his skin. The creature howled a deafening song of pain.

A large man lay nude now in place of the wolf. His muscles rippled and twitched as he caught his breath. Sweat drenched his brow. James had been transforming for nearly two hundred years, yet somehow never got used to it like others had. Some wolves he knew fully embraced the change, pulling strength and true power from it. The change never weakened him, and though he would never let the others know it, he absolutely hated it. He looked into the lake, noting the half crescent reflection of the moon.

He should be with his pack. No, he should be with Daniel. The boy was one of his closest friend and Beta, but couldn't help himself around women; or power. This new female was a dangerous combination of the two, and she didn't even know it. Daniel had gotten himself into some bad situations before James had taken him under his wing. He had calmed down over the past 50 years but there were still spurts of his old life. Daniel once tried to lay claim to the mate of a rival packs alpha. He nearly started a war between the packs, he nearly got himself killed.

He stood up and dove into the crisp cold water. It seemed to be the only thing to truly clear his head. Anyone else would be shivering at the thought, but James loved the feeling of a cool nude swim. The water flowing through his long hair, the weeds rushing past his skin; it felt almost as good as laying with a woman. Though swimming was something he did often, he hadn't been with a woman in more years than he could count.

He swam to the shore and pulled himself up lying flat against the grass. He stared into the midnight sky. Lost in thought he ran his hand across his chest, resting it on a pendant given to him by Gideon before he disappeared. It was a moonstone; a special stone to all Were-creatures. It was believed this stone had mystical properties to increase their power, not only physically but mentally as well. Gideon was the only known Were to possess such large pieces of the stone.

Gideon had worn one on his wrist and one on his ankle. One hundred years ago, Gideon gave one of them to James. He said he saw great potential in him, and with the power of the stone, he would one day be a legendary Alpha. The moonstone was in the shape of a crescent moon, and it never left his chest. He briefly wondered what happened to the larger one that Gideon kept. He growled at the thought of his killers keeping it for themselves. He needed to stop thinking about Gideon; He hadn't thought about his old pack master in years. He knew it was only because of the girl; the girl that somehow, shared his blood.

-

It had been a week since Tara's conversation with Dr. Miller. Everything had gone back to normal and no one seemed to be paying specific attention to her; not even Dr. Miller. It was as if their conversation had never even taken place. She went to class as normal and her classmates ignored her; as normal.

It was a particularly crisp and beautiful day outside. Tara looked down at her math work. She wasn't sure what Advanced Algebra had to do with her degree. She hated the whole subject of math. After a while the whole equation turned into a series of squiggles and dots.

Tara turned looking out of the window; the wind whistled and birds sang. A large predatory bird sat in a tree near her; it was a hawk of some kind. She had seen her fair amount of wildlife on campus. Mostly songbirds, chipmunks and squirrels but the occasional eagle, turkey vulture or coyote would venture in. The wind blew in the smooth sound of an acoustic guitar. That was it!

She closed her algebra book. It was way too nice to be stuck inside. Mid-term or not, her sanity was worth it. Since the incident at the coffee shop last week she hadn't dare venture outside. She only left to quickly run to her classes or get something to eat. She had been surviving on junk food mostly.

Tara turned around in her chair looking for her shoes; she saw them near her dresser. Standing up she made her way over, she kicked her roommates discarded laundry back over to her side of the room; that girl was such a slob. She caught something out of the corner of her eye. She turned around quickly; startled. It was only her reflection. She stood up straight and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked awful. She hadn't so much as taken a shower in the past week.

Tara walked over to her mirror and grabbed a lone old hair brush and attempted to run it through her thick mane. It pulled and hurt and the third time the brush became stuck she gave up and threw her hair into a bun on top of her head. She almost put effort into her appearance, she really, truly, did try.

She desperately needed to change her clothes as well, her sweat pants and t shirt were starting to become one with her flesh. Tara stripped off her oversized black t shirt, and giving it a small whiff, threw it into the trash can. There was no saving it. She slid down her sweat pants and looked back at herself in the mirror. Not only had she not showered or taken real care of herself in a week, she had also run out of underwear, and was stark naked. The only thing she wore was the stone she had found. There was, conveniently, a hold drilled into the top of it, she placed an old thick piece of leather through it and make a necklace. She had worn it all week. It sat perfectly between her breasts.

Tara looked herself over. If only she could gain some confidence she may truly become beautiful. Her flesh was silken and smooth, spotted with the occasional scar that she couldn't remember getting. She had curves for days and long strong limbs. Her witch of a mother had always tried to get her to dress nicer and act like more of a lady. Until the day that women died she would say "You could be a model if only you would cut back on those french fries." She was almost happy the women had died.

Opening up the dresser Tara grabbed a black v neck top and slipped it over her head. She sighed as she looked at herself. Her free breasts burst through the top creating more cleavage than she had shown in years. Tara grabbed a pair of dark jeans and after pulling them up, carefully zipped attempting to avoid the bush she had forgotten about. She would most definitely have to take a shower later.

Tara laughed at herself as she walked over to her backpack. She couldn't believe she was going out in public looking like this. No bra, no panties, hair a mess, and the worst part is the actually looked kind of good! She opened the backpack and grabbed her id and some loose cash; then grabbed her keys and walked out of the door.

Escaping through the emergency exit door of her building she walked into the cool crisp air; she took a deep breath. The air smelled of brittle leaves and grass. What should she do? She hadn't dared to go back to the café. She had made a huge scene, cracked their door and not to mention bled all over the place. Luckily the few other people who were there hadn't wanted to tell anyone.

There was a large field in the center of campus that other students called the Quad. There were some nice Oak trees situated randomly and they each happened to have a bench underneath them. On a day like today that may be a nice place to sit and people watch.

She walked through the grass by-passing the sidewalk. Even though she had shoes covering her feet she would still much rather walk on the earth.

Tara looked around her; the Quad was a large fairly flat piece on land. A few thick oak trees lay scattered; offering shade and sanctuary to any passerby's.

A group of students was occupying a section of the field playing Frisbee. There were five of them, three boys and two girls. They were obviously close and very flirty with one another. Tara wondered if any of them were dating or if they just led each other on in a sort of sick sudo-sexual ritual.

She was spellbound by their social connection; the comfort they felt around one another. A red haired girl played keep away from two of the boys. They chased her in circles laughing. After a few minutes of the same cat and mouse game the boys stopped and looked at one another. They seemed to know what each other was thinking; one went left and one went right. The smirked as they stalked their prey.

The girl seemed to get nervous, she threw the hostaged Frisbee to her friend, but she seemed to be busy flirting with the spare boy. She turned to run when one of the boys grabbed her by the waist.

Tara ran into something hard. She fell backward and landed flat against her back. She gasped for breath and looked around her frantically. What happened to the girl? Did they get her, did they hurt her?

Tara felt a hand grab her arm. She looked up into pale blue eyes.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't even paying attention" The owner of the pale blue eyes said. Blinking she looked past them. The owner was a fine specimen of the male species. He was slightly taller than average and seemed to be very thin and lean. His voice was smooth and low. She noticed his hands were rough.

"Are you all right? I didn't hurt you did I?" She was somehow standing upright now.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine sorry" Tara finally snapped out of her stupor. The strange man's hands were still gripping her arms. "Sorry. I just spaced out for a moment."

She shook her head and looked at him. His pale eyes were full of concern. His lips were a long thin line and she could see a small red mark where he had nervously chewed.

She pulled away from him and brushed herself off, she then felt a cool breeze against her chest. She looked down to see one of her milky white breasts popped out of her shirt, her pink nipple erect staring at the blue eyed man. Her face grew red; she clutched her chest and turned away from him. She didn't even know his name and he had already seen more of her than anyone had in many years.

"I am so sorry!" His smooth voice sounded like velvet in her ears. She turned around to look at him.

"That's all right it wasn't your fault, I promise. I just so happen to be the world's most un-graceful person." She placed her friendly breast back into her shirt. He laughed and reached his hand out; he brushed away a stray piece of hair from her face. Apparently, she hadn't gotten all of her hair into that bun.

"My name's Daniel." He said as he saw a crimson blush flash across her face. "Is there anything I can do to repay you for the slight concussion?"

Daniel was averagely tall, a little under six feet and fairly thin. Through his plain black tee shirt, she couldn't tell if he had muscles or if he was made of bones. He wore dark denim jeans and a belt with a large buckle. His shirt hung over it so she could only see the silver gleam poking out the bottom.

Tara laughed this time. Was he flirting with her? He was attractive and seemed normal. Though that's what got her in trouble with James wasn't it? It was the middle of the day, though, she doubted he would try anything during the day. He seemed harmless enough.

"Well, it's such a gorgeous day outside. I was planning on sitting in the quad if you'd like to join me?" Tara had never asked a guy out before. Though this technically wasn't a date, it kind of felt like one to her.

"I would be honored to escort M'lady through the quad." He bowed before offering her his arm, she obliged, blushing. This was great. Not only was he attractive and courteous but he was kind of funny too!

They walked through the grass arm in arm. She had solved her mystery in the process. Holding onto his arm she could feel muscles ripple and contort with every movement. He must have been built underneath that shirt. She imagined what he would look like shirtless. Long and lean, sweat dripping down his abs. Sweet nectar pooled between her legs.

Daniels arm tensed up. She wondered if he could sense her arousal for him, but that was ridicules. There was no way for him to tell she was becoming turned on. Maybe she just grabbed his arm a little too hard in her fantasy.

"So, are you new?" Tara desperately tried to change the subject, she shouldn't be thinking so naughty about someone she just met. She had never been a very sexual person. Why all of a sudden is every guy she meets driving her crazy?

"I just mean I haven't seen you around here before." He seemed to appreciate the conversation, loosening up the tension in his arm.

"No, I've been around for a while. I take night classes though, so I'm not around in the day time too often." Tara didn't know they offered night classes.

"Are you cold, Tara?" He pulled his arm away from her grasp and wrapped it around her shoulder. His voice sounded like music, it entranced her.

Tara stopped dead in her tracks.

Wait.

She shrugged his arm off and turned to face him.

"I never told you my name." She slowly started walking backwards. Dr. Millers voice echoing in the back of her mind.

"If he doesn't come for you, someone else will."

Her heart started racing. Did this guy know James? Or was he one of the other that Dr. Miller had warned her about?

"Calm down Tara, Calm down. You must have told me earlier, how else would I know? I knocked you down remember, maybe you smacked your head and forgot." He took a step towards her and she flinched away.

Did she tell him her name? It seems ridicules that she wouldn't remember something like that. She looked at his face, his jaw was clenched and his eyes staring straight into hers. He seemed genuinely concerned that he was frightening her. Maybe she had told him.

"You know, maybe your right." She calmed down a little; still cautious they walked over to a nearby bench. "I had an intense encounter with someone the other night and I've been on edge since."

She sat down and put her head into her hands. She took a few deep breaths.

"You must think I'm a total spaz, huh?" Now that she had calmed down she was becoming embarrassed. She had met a handsome guy who was interested in her and she freaked out on him in public.

She looked up at him; he was still standing hands in his pockets looking up into the trees. There was a slight breeze and he seemed to be watching the leaves blow.

"Don't worry about it. We all have crazy moments. You remember I told you my name, right?" He looked down at her, his mouth in a crooked smile. He told her his name? What was it?

"Daniel." Tara remembered. If she knew his name she must have told him hers. She felt like a complete idiot now. She had overreacted for no reason.

Daniel looked into her eyes. They seemed to sparkle with excitement and need.

"I love how my name sounds rolling off of your tongue." He reached down and cupped her chin letting his long thin digits run down her cheek. Tara's heart started racing again.

Daniel suddenly froze. His body became ridged and he withdrew his hand from Tara's face.

"I'm sorry to cut our time short, I seem to have lost track of time." His voice shook as he looked around him. His vision landed on a bench. Sitting on the back of the bench was a large lone hawk.

"Wow, look at the size of that hawk." Tara said looking at the large bird. "Ive never seen one around here before and now I see two in one day, I wonder if it's the same one that I saw outside my window this morning?"

"You saw this hawk earlier?" Daniel stared at the bird, his voice was still shaking and his skin began to sweat.

"Yes, I think so. Are you all right, you don't look so well?" Tara took a step towards Daniel but he quickly backed up out of her reach.

"Yes, Im fine. Sorry I need to go. It was nice meeting you Tara." Daniel turned around and ran. He ran very fast, and very far. Tara watched until he became a black dot and disappeared.

"What the fuck?" Tara really did have terrible luck with men. She sighed and looked back at the bird, it stared at her for a moment, locking eyes briefly, before it expanded its large wings and flew away.

----

James lay nude on the shore line on the lake. He had been in his secret place for about a week. Gideon had shown it to him, not many others knew of it. And those that did know knew not to bother him. His eyes were closed as he listened to a fish bob against the surface of the water.

James heard something in the distance. He opened his eyes and sat up looking into the sky. He saw a small dot honing in over the tree line. He heard the sound growing louder, it was flapping. He watched as the dot grew larger and larger till he could finally make out its shape. It was a large hawk.

It swooped down and landed right next to James. It cocked its head to one side.

"What do you want Cane, it better be pretty damn important to bother me here." James looked at the bird as it started to transform.

It straightened its wings as the feathers fell off dropping one by one to the ground. Its bare wings lengthened and bones cracked as the tips slowly turned into fingers. Its neck elongated and beak shattered revealing human teeth. Its talons sucked back into his flesh and legs thickened.

Sitting in the hawks place now was a man. Drenched in sweat feathers stuck to his nude flesh. He was very tall, well over six feet and thin with lanky limbs. His hair was auburn and cut fairly short. He looked over to James.

"Alpha we have a serious problem." He was still catching his breath from his long flight and transformation. His chest heaved, sucking in, his ribcage jetted out.

This was all James needed to hear.

"Can't you take care of it, as one of my Betas you should be able to control any member of the pack." He looked as the tired bird. "Why didn't you consult Daniel before making the long unnecessary trip here?" James was becoming increasingly irritated.

"That's the problem, Alpha. Remember you told me to keep a look on the human girl while Daniel went back to lead the pack." James had forgotten about that. He had been lost in thought for a few days now.

"What's wrong with the girl?" James sat up straight, if something happened to that girl before he found out the truth he would be uncontrollable.

"Nothing actually, she's perfectly fine." Cane looked uncomfortable. He shifted and plucked some spare feathers out of his arm. "It seems she had a visit from someone today."

James was in no mood to play games today. He jumped on top of the hawk. Pinning him down with his legs, he wrapped his hand around the birds' thin frail throat. Cane struggled but stopped when he looked into his Alphas eyes. He hadn't ever seen him look so intense before.

"Who?" James' voice was low and rough, he growled out the question and if he received anything other than a response he would snap Canes neck. The bird struggled, grasping James hand and gasping for breath, James released his throat slightly.

"Daniel." Cane writhed under his Alpha. "It was Daniel; I think he was planning something, but he saw me and ran off."

12