Caged Ch. 01

Story Info
The beginning journey to freedom.
2.4k words
4.53
20.2k
35

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/21/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The emptiness of the communal room was starting to get to her. Ari was not used to the quietness of the facility but that was to be expected for the next couple of days. The facility had been empty due to the mandatory annual leave and everyone was either home spending time with their family or enjoying their freedom. She however, was required to stay as she was new and she had not gotten the seniority to vacation with the rest of her colleagues.

Ari did not mind that much. She enjoyed being alone but after several weeks of solitude, her mind was turning into a muddled mush. Constantly reviewing past notes or sitting idly about, she needed a new form of distraction. Hands resting on her keyboard she was busy typing away until an idea began to take form.

Deep in the bowels of the facility was housed a peculiar specimen that they had only recently captured. She remembered that faithful day as if it was yesterday. The excitement and terror rolled inside all who were there though many felt that they had just put their lives and reputations in danger just by knowing of its existence.

A discovery of a lifetime, some called it. Something that no person alive would believe if they saw it and it was all theirs. The company that she worked had a reputation for creating monstrosities. Its focus was genetic engineering, splicing different genus together; viruses, bacteria and then the occasional animal. They usually passed it off as researching how they could in turn their discoveries into something for the betterment of mankind.

She knew of course the real reason why they did these things was not for the betterment of mankind but for a more sinister reason. They had a god complex. A group of modern day Frankenstein's as most joked. However, things have become slow, grants being taken one after the other and now they had nothing really beneficial or fun to do. That was until however it arrived.

At first no one believed what they had seen. From what was noted, it was a creature similar to that of a wolf with slight characteristics of a human. Most thought it to be some charlatan spoofing the facility or possibly a competitor. Others were not so sure. Determined to figure out its origin, they had planned to ensnare it as best they could. She had not been there for the actual capture but she was there when it had been brought in.

They had managed to somehow restrain the beast through the use of an array of tranquilizer. This made it dazed and disoriented. Of course, they were unsure of how the dosage would affect its system, so they had to place it into the containment unit fast. A lucky few were stationed outside, taking notes and documentation of any changes. No one seemed to notice that the animal was slowly recovering; its senses increasing with every passing moment.

All seemed oblivious to the danger that was awaiting them. As they busied themselves with sample collecting, drawing blood and monitoring vitals, the creature was starting to stir. The medication had finally purged from its system though a residual amount still left it somewhat inebriated. On the cold metal table, its eyes slowly open to review its surroundings. The lights above it was blinding, intense and making it a bit disoriented, Closing them and tilting its head, it looked now at the hordes of people about, their words a bit incoherent in its weakened state. Growing increasingly agitated, it was then that its limbs began to move, hands twitching as its lower limbs jerked.

Some took note of the actions but others were too enraptured to care. More jerking and increased struggles. At once, the group to noticed, backing away slowly while one of their members tried to punch in the combination code. The moment the first ping rang through the room, the beast stiffened, body more ridged as it started to break free.

Panicked, the group started to evacuate. Scrambling to the entrance, they were bombarded by others in the back rushing to get to the open door. There was screams, chaos, tripping and falling over themselves to escape. The creature, startled by the commotion arose quickly, yanked off its binds and gathering to its feet. It shook its head side to side as it staggered forward. The scream of one of the scientist resulted in its ears perking in the direction and its attention directed onto the person.

Before anyone knew it, it was a slaughter. The white of their lab coats now crimson as their blood plastered the walls and floors. Everyone ran as others were grabbed left and right, limbs torn apart as others begged for mercy.

She had just happened to walk in, eyes diverted down and her music playing in her ears. She was only supposed to drop off some documents and go up before someone bumped into her. This sent her to the ground, landing on her backside.

Papers flew from her hands, landing to the side as she oblivious to the chaos, started to grab what she could. Crawling over to some of the documents, her hands slipped into something moist, making her recoil in disgust.

Hey, who spilled chemicals all on the god damn floor?!"

Lifting her hand, she turned it, a look of confusion wiped across her face. Before she could investigate, a blood curdling scream pierced her ears. Head slowly lifted before she came to a realization of the horror before her.

A mass of jet back fur was stand, head lowered as the sound of crunching ripped through the screaming carnage.Rising from the floor suddenly, she dropped her papers once more causing the creature stopped. Turning in her direction, Ari was frozen in place, fear racing through her body, shutting down every rational thought in her.

It was utter chaos around her now, the heavy scent of blood finally piercing her nose, the sight of body parts all around her as other rushed to get away. Still motionless, the creatures slowly made its way to her. Others were cowering in fear, finding a safe place to evade impending death.

Claws were flared out as mouth was agape. A row of razor sharp teeth greeted her as she just stared in utter horror.

They were now face to face. Its eyes, those honey gold eyes just looked at her, the muzzle sniffing the air wildly. Gaining back some of her senses, she tried to retreat, backing up slowly only to slip upon the blood of her fallen comrades. Landing on her backside again, the creature followed suit, descending on all fours. It was only inches away from her now; its hot breath infiltrating her nostrils.

Her heart was racing, her body quivering as she waited for her death. Piss ran down from between her legs as she just prayed that her end would be quick. Eyes went wide as she watched the creature move closer to her. She knew she was to die. She was ready to give her life. What else could she possibly do now but wait.

In that instant, their locked eyes with one another, their breathing in sync as he crept in closer. The chaos around her seemed to melt as it seemed to only be her and it. Coming in closer, he began to sniff her all over before pulling back and licking her lightly on the cheek. She just sat there, eyes wide and mouth slightly agape. Before either of them could do anything, a loud shot rang through the air. The creature fell atop her causing her whole body to stiffen as other scientist ran to her aid.

Pulling her from underneath its body, she realized that they tranquilized the creature again. This time they managed to take it down with an elephant tranquilizer. Asking her if she was alright, she turned her attention now to what had happened. Body parts were scattered everywhere as blood was cascading down the walls and even from the ceiling. From then on, they made sure that any interaction was supervised. No one was allowed in or out of the containment center and if they were to go in, they made sure the beast was chained at all times.

The whole experience was terrifying but the most excitement that she had had. Though interactions between the creature and others were always brief, on occasion when she was permitted to enter, she would linger and watch him. It had become a hobby of sorts now and with everyone gone, she could easily stay for as long as she liked.

Heels clacked along the cold steel floors as she made her way to the elevator. Punching in her code, she waited until the clearance light to flash green. Access granted, the elevator closed and the lift made its way down into the depths of the facility. Once she arrived, the doors opened and she was greeted to complete darkness. Nothing illuminated her path until her movement sent the motion detector on. In a whisk of light, the room was illuminated, clear glass lining either side. They were empty of course, nothing had resided there for some time and they would remain that way. However, one area in particular remained dimly light.

She knew that the creature inside knew she was there. They had developed a sort of rapport with one another, one of either respect or just common courtesy. However, she did not why it would remain so quiet, so reserved around her. Making her way down to its cell, she stopped and turned towards the room. It was watching her. She knew it and she could sense it. Hand reached up towards the panel but her fingers could not enter the access codes.

She was hesitating....why? She had no reason to be frightened. It was chained and it could not harm her. Yet, deep down inside, she was not afraid of being harmed but rather what she might do once inside. Forgetting what would make more sense and be better for her, she proceeded to punch in the combination. The doors of the cell opened and she stepped inside cautiously. Closing behind her, she approached; her hands at her side as she took in the scent of the beast. She stepped in further, the sound of its breathing and a low growl permeating the silence of the room.

Inch by inch she moved now, until the rattling of chains caused her to jump back a bit.

"Easy now, I just came in to check it. No test today, just a visit."

Standing perfectly still, she watched to see what it would do. It only watched her, teeth bear and eyes like daggers piercing her frame. Her heart was pounding but she had to show no fear. She had to remain calm. Slowly, she removed her shoes, her feet were killing her in those heels and besides the more defenseless she seemed the better....she hoped.

Setting them over to the side, her eyes kept clear with its own, making sure that she could watch him if anything went wrong. Moving in a bit closer, she went over, to get a better look at the creature.

Its face was a combination of human and wolf, slightly shorter muzzle but not my much. Hands, if you could call them that, were enormous compared to hers. A cross between claws and hands, accompanied with long and razor sharp nails. She wondered if they had any human dexterity or just for show. Eyes like that of any other predator and ears perked at the slightest sound. Its' fur was coarse and matted from the lack of proper grooming in the months it had been here. It smelled of musk and blood, the chains wound too tight, tearing into flesh as it struggled to break free. She felt pity for the creature, this was inhuman treatment even if it had been dangerous. Stepping closer just a bit more, it jerked in her presence, causing her to jump in response. Eyes still locked onto his, she reached over and took hold of one of the chains.

"If you keep growling at me, I will not help you."

It seemed to understand her, giving her permission to continue. Its compliance was a comfort considering what had happened to others only weeks before, though she still wondered if this was a rational thing to do. Examining the restraints now, took hold of one, twisted the chain then proceeded to punch in the access code. With several chirps, the wrist was free, the creature flexing its hands while she went to the other locks.

"There."

Stepping back, she watched as it remained perfectly still, just looking at her. Eyes turned from her then as it looked down now at the remainder of its shackles. Shooting her a glance, she shook her head in disagreement.

"Oh no, I cannot do that. You killed people and I do not want to die...at least not yet."

Sullenly, it began to whimpered, making her feel worse for just continuing to allow such treatment. That was cruel on its part. Ari always had a soft spot for animals and well technically, this was an animal. Reluctantly, she got down on all fours and carefully removed the rest. With the sound of the finally chain popping to the ground, it was now free.

Still on her knees, she did not have a chance to remove herself when it pounced on her, a deep rumble emitting from its throat as its teeth was bared against her throat. This was it, she was going to die and this was how it would end. Eyes closed, she just waited for the teeth to clench down but nothing. Much to her surprise however, she felt something hard press against her body, causing her to open her eyes and look down.

Well, she most certainly could not call him "it" anymore. Slowly, she reached down clasping onto the fur to find his member, to weaken him if she could to break free.

As her hands slid through the matted mess, he took hold of the hand, raising it high above her. Head lowered, he opened his mouth slightly and in a muffled growl, she heard the faint audible word

"Don't"