Can There Be Peace Ch. 17

Story Info
A woman returns from the military to face her past.
13.8k words
4.73
5.9k
3
3

Part 17 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/10/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2017 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story may contain sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the age 18. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please do not read.

Author's note: A special thanks goes to Ed for his work on editing my stories. Any mistakes you find are not his fault; they are mine for not making all of the changes he recommends.

*

"I see. Come with me," The Great Mother replied. She walked around to the front of the house and instantly Eve was standing before them. "Eve, I know you want to be in charge. The only one standing in your way is Jane. Remove her and I will make sure your sisters and their followers kneel beneath you." Karen opened her mouth to protest but it snapped shut. "Watch and learn daughter," she heard her mother say in her mind.

"It will be a pleasure," Eve said looking at Jane with murder in her eyes.

Jane sighed, "Eve, we both know you can't win? Why do you want to take control?" She paused and then added, "I understand wanting to kill me. But the rest? Will you at least explain that to me before you try your best?"

"Do you have any idea what it is like to spend ten thousand years with someone else's foot on your neck?" Eve spat. "Then my sister takes the place of males and I am still a slave without any say about my life."

"But didn't you submit on your own?" Jane asked confused. "If you felt that way why change masters? Why not just tell everyone to fuck off and do your own thing?"

"Like she would let me." Eve jerked a thumb towards the Great Mother. "She let Lilith run wild and I had to sit and watch like a good little girl."

Jane looked at the Great Mother surprised, "Is this true? You made her remain a slave to man?" Instead of replying, the Great Mother looked away. "Well shit..." Jane looked at Eve, "In that case I understand. I would have made a break for it the moment her back was turned instead of trying to fuck over Karen. That was wrong Eve and you know it. She had nothing to do with what happened to you."

"She would never have let me go." Eve spat. She moved to slap Karen but Jane stopped her.

"She would and you know it. You wanted to take the easy way out instead of having to work for things like the rest of us." Jane said. She lowered her voice and said, "On a side note, touch her and I will kill you for real. You will become nothing more than a memory. No one, and I mean no one hurts my family."

Instead of replying, Eve began muttering softly. She smiled as the black bird of death formed before her and swooped at Jane.

Jane smiled and reached out her hand to touch the bird. In the instant, she made contact the bird turned to black dust and floated slowly to the ground where it disappeared. "My turn? Or would you like to try something stronger?"

Like a volcano her hate grew and she shot it like an arrow at Jane. At the same time, she cast another spell, stronger than the last summing Death himself to work her will.

Jane caught the arrow and cupping her hands changed it into a white dove, which she tossed into the air. She watched it fly off before turning to look at the figure before her. "We meet again; do you think you will have any better luck this time?"

Death didn't like to be mocked and reached out to pull Jane's soul out of her body. Instead of being able to grab on to it, it remained as if it were smoke. In anger Death swung his skive and was amazed when it went through Jane as if she wasn't there. Suddenly he smiled, if a skull could smile and pointed down the driveway as he faded away.

While she wanted to turn and look, Jane kept her eyes on Eve. From the side she heard Karen say, "I claim this one as mine to deal with." From the corner of her eye, she watched Karen move away.

"Stay out of this sister, I'm warning you," Eve said coldly.

"Not on your life Eve. Fuck with me and I will show you how to make someone suffer first hand." Karen said coldly.

Jane knew Eve was about to attack Karen so she strode forward and slapped the girl as hard as she could. "My turn," she said looking at her. With one hand, she reached out and began choking her. "Spells are all well and good, but I like the old fashioned way." She lifted a leg and pulled her knife from the ankle sheath. Holding it before Eve's eyes, she said coldly, "Shall I show you how the Aztecs' removed hearts for their ceremonies?"

Eve's eyes got large. She knew how they killed the slaves. She tried to cast a spell or even speak but with Jane holding her like she was it was all she could do to get air. She looked into the woman's eyes and knew she could never win like this. She closed her eyes, raised her neck, and hung loose instead of fighting back.

"You must think I was born yesterday. The moment my back is turned you will attack." Jane said. She looked at Lilly, "No offence mother, but your sister is an idiot." She released Eve and tossed the knife into the driveway next to her. "There's the knife. I'll even turn my back." She backed up a few paces and turned around. Down the hill, she saw Karen was sitting on a woman and had her arm twisted up behind her back. "I see my mother, my other mother, showed up."

Eve looked down at the knife and then at Jane. It wasn't hard for her to figure out that no matter what she did with it, Jane would block or move out of the way. No, she had to do it herself. She looked at Lilith who smiled at her. No sneaking up wouldn't work because her sister would warn Jane.

"No sister, I will stay out of this. I have faith in my daughter," Lilly said as if reading her thoughts.

Jane turned her head slightly, "One question if I may. Great Mother, no offence meant, but how can you raise a daughter for ten thousand years and her be dumb as a brick? Sandy's cat, Meowzers is smarter than Eve. Though his makeup skills suck."

"What do you expect, he's a cat," Lilly interjected with a laugh.

"I guess you and I will have to discuss it sometime Jane. It seems I managed to screw up all three of my daughters. One went pig wild before, one's going pig wild now, and the last is troubled."

"No, one is learning love and compassion for her fellows, one is just frustrated, and the last will find the peace she needs before the sun rises again." Jane replied turning back. She looked at Eve, "How do I give you the opening you wish for? It will fail but until you try and fail, we will not be able to move forward."

She looked at Jane and shook her head, "Anything I do you will block so why bother?"

"Because you need to get out of your system Eve. Don't you want to be able to go where you wish? You don't need to stay here, or even return to your mother's realm. You can just walk away." Jane bent down and picked up the knife. She looked at it and then at Eve, "But you don't want that. You think you have it coming to you, like we owe you something." She paused, "Hold that thought."

She turned and looked at her mother. "Mother, you have been around the block once or twice. Perhaps you can answer something for me. Why is it that everyone holds a knife like this?" Jane showed her the knife held with the blade facing forward.

"Not everyone does daughter," Lilly replied.

"I know. It should be held like this." She flipped it around so it faced towards her body. "This way is much better it allows many more moves than the other way." Jane looked at Eve, "As I was saying, you think you are entitled and we owe you something. The only thing I can think of that you are owed is this." She took a sweeping swing and cut a thin line across Eve's neck, continued the spin until she was facing away from her and continuing the movement of her arm touched the knife hilt first against her belly. In a low voice she said, "If I wanted, you would be dead now and not even your mother could bring you back. If you want, we can do it the other way." She paused and then smiled, "Hey Bony, I know you're out there watching. Come on back I have a customer for you, perhaps two."

Right on cue Death returned and looked at Jane. She pointed at Eve who blanched and backed up. As he turned towards her and stepped forward, she ran and hid behind her mother.

"Please mommy I don't want to go away," she whined.

The Great Mother looked at Jane, "You made your point."

"No."

"No?" The Great Mother said surprised. Even Death stopped and looked back at Jane.

"No. All I did was get her to hide behind you. Nothing has changed except she will try her best when my back is turned. So no, nothing has changed. Either Eve admits defeat or she kills me and wins. No pausing the game in the middle when it looks like she will lose." Jane replaced her knife and crossed her arms. "So the answer is no."

"Daughter, please let it end now. Don't do this, I am begging you." Lilly said.

"Mother, it must continue to the very end." Jane replied. "If you wish, you can go down and ask Karen to bring our guest up. I would like a word or two with the both of them before a lightning bolt comes down and misses me."

"I don't miss Jane." The Great Mother said. "I won't let you kill Eve and that's final."

"Then give it your best shot and then stand aside so Eve can pay the price properly." Jane said. Those words caused Lilly to break away and run down the hill to Karen.

"Granddaughter, don't force me into killing you. It would destroy Karen and Lilith both." The Great Mother replied.

"You can't kill me, I fall outside your sphere of control," Jane replied. Seeing she wasn't getting through to her, she added tenderly, "You have to trust me to do what is right. You are setting a bad example for your three daughters. If you don't trust me, how can they?"

"You don't ask much do you?" she said finally.

"Jane what the hell is going on?" Karen asked marching up madder than hell.

"Bony and I are teaching Eve a lesson." Jane replied not looking at her. She glanced at Karen and her mother holding a woman between them. "I know I said you can have her but may I use her as an example instead?"

"If it will stop this madness...yes," Karen replied slowly.

Jane turned and smiled at the woman, "Hello mother. It's time to end your game of body jumping." She turned her head slightly, "Bony, I know you have been waiting a long time for this day. She's all yours."

She heard the woman and Lilly both whimpering in fear. Instead of giving in to it, Karen said, "We meet again old friend." The vision of death stopped and looked at her. It bowed slightly before turning to the woman. He reached out and seemed to draw her into him.

Jane looked at Eve hiding behind her mother. "Move aside Great Mother and let me do my job." After a long second, she moved off to one side. "Eve, it's time. Fight or end it now."

As Death moved forward, Eve whimpered, "Please Jane... I don't want to die."

"Then you know what you must do. Let it go. Let me help you." Jane said simply.

She crumpled to her knees and looked down. In a childlike voice she said slowly, "I... I submit."

"Eve, that's not what I want. I only want you to give up the hate and need for revenge." Jane went forward and knelt before her. Taking Eve's hands in hers she said tenderly, "Eve, I am not here to turn you into a slave again. I'm here to help you grow beyond your past. Please let me help you."

"Promise?" Eve asked.

"I'll even pinky swear," Jane replied. "As a slave you would only turn sour once more. But as the Mistress of your own destiny, you can grow and fly."

"You win," Eve said finally.

Jane looked at her for a moment and then looked back at death, "Sorry Bony, only one for you today."

Karen could almost hear him growl as he faded. "Would you have let him take Eve?" she asked before anyone else could.

Jane looked at Karen for a long moment. "Eve isn't like my mother was. Inside her is a good woman sleeping." She looked back at Eve and smiled, "She just needed to wake up." Letting go of Eve's hands, Jane said, "Sister, I would like you to think about what you really want. More than anything else. Then the next time we meet, we can work together on helping you reach your goal." She looked up at the Great Mother and nodded.

"Come along child," she said as she helped Eve to her feet. "We both have much to think on."

Karen waited until the Great Mother disappeared. "I can see we will need to have serious talk."

Jane didn't stand as she replied, "Mistress, do you want your sister healed?"

"You know damn well I do," Karen shot back.

"Then let me do what I must to heal her." Jane said still not turning. "Mother, do you want me to help your little sister? I know how deeply you two resent each other."

Karen looked at Lilly in surprise. Instead of speaking she was looking down. "Lilly?" she prompted.

"Yes," Lilly finally said. "It's funny, I always thought she had it easy while my life sucked. Now..." She looked at Karen, "I had no idea she thought the same."

"And I only made it worse for her," Karen sighed.

"Please don't fall into that trap Karen. Eve made her own choices. She knelt below you only to take what you had." Jane stood. She looked from one to the other, "Your sister needs love and support to work her way out of this trap she sees holding her back. If you can't find it in your hearts to help, that is okay. But please don't undo my hard work. Your mother already wants my head on a platter, I would really hate to hurt Eve and force a showdown."

"Just tell us what you need us to do Jane. Next to playing with death again, I would do most anything." Karen replied.

"Guide me daughter, I will follow your commands," Lilly said looking at Jane.

"Not commands, suggestions and perhaps help, when the time comes," Jane said. She turned to Karen and said, "With your permission I would like to lay down in the back of the truck and meditate."

Karen gestured towards the truck and watched the woman walks slowly to it. "Sister, I think Jane was right. Mother couldn't touch her. If that's the case, who or what is she really?"

"She is my daughter and kneels beside me under my Mistress," Lilly said. She looked at Karen, "Sister, I for one, am glad she is on our side." She turned so she was standing before Karen and said, "You realize she is going to make all four of us relive the night your mother warped Mary. Will you be able to handle it?"

"Will you?" Karen said slowly.

"After watching her break Eve of the revenge cycle, yes." Lilly said. "But it's you and Baby Girl I worry about."

As they walked slowly to the truck, the others came out. "I trust her but between you and me I'm frightened."

"Karen, if you're not comfortable with this, then have Mary over for a night of pleasure and wait until you are calm and at peace." Lilly would have said more but they reached the others. They piled into the pickup and a loaner Suburban.

Karen sat in the front passenger seat and thought. Why was she so fearful? "Because you worry when I have you take over, you will follow in your mother's footsteps instead of healing Mary," Jane's voice came to her as if the woman was sitting next to her. She whipped her head around but the woman wasn't in the front of the truck.

"Was that you?" She asked Jane mentally.

"Karen, have faith in yourself," She heard Jane speaking from her other side. She turned and looked but the window was on that side.

"If we weren't moving I would slap her silly," Karen said aloud.

"Slap who?" Jane's voice came from behind her.

"You know damn well who," she muttered.

"Why would you want to slap me?" Jane asked from behind her. "What did I do this time?"

"I'm just glad it's you in trouble for once sister," Baby Girl said with a laugh.

"For once? I've been in trouble since you poked me with that pistol down in Florida," Jane countered.

"I refuse to turn around," Karen said.

"So are you going to tell her or do you want me to?" Jane asked from her left side.

"As god is my witness, I am going to bitch slap someone the minute I get my hands on her," Karen said turning her head to look at Baby Girl driving. Instead of Sandy, she saw Jane's head leaning forward from the back seat. She let out a little eeep sound and then said, "Just you wait..."

"Yes, I'm in trouble," Jane said with a smile as she leaned back. "But you will have your revenge before morning."

"That's what worries me," Karen said softly.

"Sister why are you teasing our Mistress?" Darkstar asked from beside her.

"Little sister, when someone is stressing over something they have no control over. You give them someone to take their wrath out on instead. I know our Mistress talks a good game, but she gets no enjoyment in hurting others. Thus by me teasing her, I am taking her mind off things she can't control or change, and giving her something else, me, to take her frustrations out on." Jane smiled.

"But aren't you worried that she might snap and kill you?" Darkstar asked.

"No," Jane replied. She thought for a moment and asked, "Tiff, as Karen's slave, what is your first duty?"

"To follow all Mistress's commands without fail," the girl replied smiling.

"Sherry? What say you?" Jane asked leaning forward and looking at the woman sitting in the other back window seat.

"I was thinking the same thing sister. But now I think you are asking something else." Sherry paused and thought about it for a minute. Finally, she said slowly, "My first duty is to keep Mistress stable and know she is loved and not alone."

"Runt? I mean Baby Girl, want to take a swing?" Jane asked.

"Sister you are not going to get my goat again. I have it tied up properly this time." Baby Girl laughed. She glanced in the mirror at Jane and said, "I agree with both but want to add to give Karen peace."

"All three of you are right," Jane replied. "However, let me put it into different words. First and foremost, my duty is to make sure Karen is at peace. That peace includes, making sure she is happy, loved, and I do everything I can to follow any order she gives me." Jane paused and then said, "Baby Girl, say you see Mistress is unhappy. What are you going to do about it?"

"Say, just for example, I have a sister who ran away because she thought it was the best thing for Mistress. Instead it all but destroyed her." She glanced in the mirror before continuing, "I would do whatever it took to bring my sister back home where she belongs."

"What if your Mistress says; No pet, let her live her own life." Karen asked.

"Although there is a conflict, I would still go get her. I would try to get my sister to see how much she hurt Mistress by leaving before we returned. Then when my sister saw our Mistress's hurt, she would stay, and I would take any punishment coming for disobeying a command." Baby Girl replied.

"What would you do Jane?" Karen asked.

"Same thing Baby Girl would do and take my punishment." Jane replied.

Karen remained quiet for the rest of the trip to the club. When they stopped she said, "When you see the remodeling job we did. I don't want to hear ohhhs and ahhhhs. I want you to find flaws and issues. Better to deal with them now while general contractor is there than after he leaves." She gathered up the girls and met the cook, his helper and David the bartender. She told them the same things before going inside. She glanced around and smiled. Walking over to where a man sat with a pad of paper she said, "Give us a few to inspect and we will talk."

"Sure Miss Karen. Take all the time you need," he replied. For what she was paying for the rush job he was willing to wait all day. It was the damnedest thing. He had quoted a price of three hundred thousand to do everything in two weeks. Instead she said, "I'll pay you half a million for the same time if you do it right and on time."