Can This Be Happening? Ch. 01

Story Info
She tells him the truth.
1.7k words
4.55
44.3k
8

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/27/2022
Created 02/11/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As far as days go, this one started out normal. Ashley and Megan were sitting back talking with the TV setting a dull soundtrack to the evening. Ashley, statuesque and 115 pounds with long brown hair and green eyes, was lounging in a pair of shorts and a tank top. Megan, however, was her polar opposite. She was all of 5 feet tall and 160 pounds with short blonde hair and brown eyes. She was sitting back in a pair of track pants and an Old Navy T-shirt, trying and failing to twirl her hair around her finger.

"Can you believe that Kevin is hot over her?" Ashley said breaking into a wide smile

"Not really, I always thought he was hot over you." Megan stated matter of factly.

"Whatever!" Ashley threw a pillow at Megan.

"Seriously. The boy does nothing but gush over you when you aren't around. God, I swear that you are on his pedestal."

"What does that mean?"

"You know, when you are so in 'love' with someone that they get put on your pedestal." Megan threw the pillow back at Ashley. "All I know, is that you could vomit on him, laugh in his face, then fuck his best friend and he would just smile like you let out a cute burp." Megan rolled her eyes.

"Not even. I don't know anyone who wouldn't get grossed out by that!"

Megan just rolled her eyes again and tried to focus on the TV. Truth is, her pedestal was occupied by none other then Kevin. He was 6 feet tall with bright blue eyes and short blonde hair. He was toned but not beefy and his smile could make any woman's knees buckle in a matter of seconds.

"What are you thinking about?" Ashley asked.

"Work," Megan said forcing a smile.

"Bullshit."

"What do you want me to say?"

"I want the truth."

"You can't handle the truth." Megan mocked, laughing hard.

"Fuck you. I know more than you think."

"Right."

"You don't think I know. Come on Meg, it's so obvious." Ashley got up and sat down next to Megan on the couch. "I'm surprised Kevin doesn't."

"What?" Megan stumbled on her words. "How?"

"Duh! It's the only thing you seem to want to talk about, you become a giggling monster every time you see him, and your hands shake like a shack during an earthquake." Megan was unable to form words. "How long has it been?"

Megan pressed her palms against her eyes and let out a deep breath. "Four years."

"Holy shit! You've been holding onto it for that long?" Megan just nodded. "And nothing?"

"He kissed me once but he was pretty trashed so I don't think he remembers."

"Aw, honey! It's probably the cutest think I've ever heard!" Ashley wrapped Megan in a hug and knocked her over.

"Dear Penthouse," A deep voice said from behind them. Megan and Ashley scrambled to their feet and looked into those bright blue eyes. "Don't let me stop you." Kevin crossed his arms and leaned back into the door.

"Hey Kev," Megan said, trying to control her hands that were now shaking.

"And just when I thought today was a bust." He broke out into a big grin.

"The day isn't over yet," Ashley said, slapping his arm and walked into the kitchen. From the doorway, behind Kevin, Ashley pointed at him and gave Megan a stern look. Megan shot back with a look that could set off a war. Kevin looked at Ashley who smiled and wandered behind the fridge door.

"What was that about?"

"Nothing. Just a little argument we were having earlier." Megan smiled and felt the corners of her mouth shaking. "So, the day hasn't been great huh?"

"Not even close." Kevin walked over and sat down on the couch. "It started off alright but then the boss called me into his office and then reamed me about some project that I wasn't even a part of."

"That sucks."

"Yeah, but that was icing compared to what happened when I got out of work." Megan sat down next to him and put her hand on his arm and then quickly removed it when she was shaking even worse. "I get to my car and it wouldn't start. I call a tow truck and they bring it to the auto place and then I find out that my starter is stripped." He sat up quickly and turned to Megan. "It's gonna cost me $300 to get it fixed." He then flopped back onto the couch and let out a heavy sigh.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?" Megan held her breath waiting for and answer.

"Not really." Megan felt her heart drop an inch.

"Oh, I was thinking maybe we'd get some drinks." Megan knew he would like this idea. Kevin would always have a drink after work if his day had been bad.

"Ok, so one thing." Kevin looked over at her and smiled. "You always know what to do to make me feel better." He patted his hand on her leg and Megan thought she was going to fly off the couch.

"What are friends for?" She forced a smile.

"Did I hear drinks?" Ashley popped her head in from the kitchen.

"Sure did," Kevin answered. "Where do we want to go?"

"We can go to the pub." Megan looked at the clock. It read eight-thirty. "Friday night. Some of the guys should be there."

"I knew you were good for something Meg." He smacked her leg and used it to push himself up from the couch.

"I don't know about Meg, but I need to get ready. Give me half hour or so." Ashley ran to her room. This was her kind of thing. Getting dressed up and making heads turn. What Ashley didn't realize is that she can be wearing a muumuu and men would drool like buffoons.

"I don't know Ash, you could go like that and we could drink for free all night."

"Ha ha." She yelled from behind the closed door.

"Do you need a ride to your house?" Megan asked.

"No. Would you mind if I took your car to change and I'll come back and pick you two up?"

"Yeah, that's fine. Just don't be too long. I don't want to stand in the living room ready while Ash decided to try on yet another outfit."

"Half hour, I promise." Kevin crossed his heart and was out the door.

Thirty minutes later, Kevin was back, and looking amazing. He had on a pair of nice fitting jeans and a long sleeve shirt. He had showered and smelled of soap and cologne. Megan was also ready. She was in a pair of jean that were slightly big, a t-shirt and a pair of tennis shoes. She had applied a little bit of mascara, blush and put some pomade in her hair. Ashley was dressed to the tees. Short white tennis skirt; black low-cut t-shirt and black high heels. Her makeup was perfect as was her hair. The three of them were out the door and at the pub in a matter of minutes.

A few hours had passed and they were all feeling pretty relaxed at this point. They had been joined early on by eight or so men who were trying there hardest to get Ashley's attention. The DJ had been spinning good music for a while and a slow song came on. Kevin looked at Ashley and Megan and held out his hand.

"Who want to dance?" He asked generally.

"I will darling." Scott answered. Scott was one of Kevin's friends.

"Not you dumbass. I meant one of the girls." Kevin looked over at Ashley who was batting her eyes at a buff man with dark features. He then looked over at Megan. "Meg, come on, I know you want to."

"Sure, why not."

They headed out to the dance floor and pressed closer to each other. The dance floor was full and it was all they could do to not dance on each other. For a while they just danced. Neither of them said a word. Finally Kevin spoke up.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"You just look so lost in thought." Megan was quiet for a moment while considering her options of answers.

"You." She whispered.

"Good thoughts?"

"Yes." He leaned back to look into her eyes. Megan was looking down.

"Hey." Megan looked up. Her heart felt like it was going to leap out of her chest. "You want to talk about it?"

"Not really," she said with a laugh.

"Meg you know you can talk to me about anything."

"No, really, I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm a chicken shit." Her hands started shaking.

"Hey, it's alright. What ever you want to say, just say it." He just looked into her eyes, his hands tightening around hers.

"You know I'm feeling kind of light headed, I think I'm gonna go home." Megan pulled herself away from him and prayed that her legs wouldn't give out while on her way to the table.

"Megan! Wait!" Kevin yelled after her. She just kept on walking. Her house was only five or so blocks from the pub and the weather was nice enough to walk.

As soon as she stepped outside, Megan finally felt like she could breathe again. Her mind kept replaying the dance and her heart kept screaming 'CHICKEN SHIT'. She heard voices around her and just kept walking until she felt someone grab her by the arm. She was about to start punching when she realized it was Kevin. Instead, she rolled her eyes, pulled her arm away, and kept walking.

"Would you at least talk to me?"

"No."

"Why the hell not?" His voice was loud and angry.

"Because I don't know how to!" Megan was yelling back.

"I..I don't understand?" Stammering his words.

"God!" Megan yelled with her balled fists in the air. Kevin just stood there. "I love you. Ok. Is that what you want to hear?" He just stood there as she walked away.

Megan made it to her house without Kevin. She walked in, went straight to her room, and collapsed onto her bed and let the tears flow. She didn't hear the key in the door, or the footsteps or her bedroom door open. She didn't know how long they were there. Standing. Watching.