Candy's Fashion House Ch. 09

Story Info
Candy's Faison House gets real and a new beginning.
8.5k words
4.64
19.5k
22

Part 9 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/01/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,545 Followers

Thanks to Charlie for the editorial help and for guidance.

*****

I held back the tears long enough until she was out of site and then I had to pull over and the tears flowed. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I sat for ages trying to get control. Fuck her she was such a bitch.

I called my boss the next day and took the rest of the week off. I used the time to follow up on some of the equipment for the factory. The sewing machines were easy, and I got a good deal by shopping around and found some machines that were left over from an unused consignment.

The workstations were also easy I found through a friend that a local salvage yard had demolished a local facility and there were some brand new workstations that still in there wrappers that would be perfect. I talked to the construction company that I thought would be the best fit and as we talked I managed to negotiate the price down so long as I could fill in as the supervisor.

As a backstop I organised a meeting with my bank. I went in and met with the business loans officer to discuss the business plan.

The loans officer seemed impressed. He went and brought in the manager to view my proposals and he was suitably impressed as well. When we went over what I could provide as capital and collateral they were on board agreeing they would be prepared to offer me the finance provisionally at least.

That was all I wanted to hear. That way if Lauren and Karla didn't want to play then I had alternatives.

I reworked the spreadsheets based on the savings I had been able to make over the last few days. I talked to Candy about machinists, whether she knew any.

She had a lot of connections through her involvement in the LBGT community. By the end of the day she had a group of machinists that were interested. She didn't want to talk money with them so she left that part to me. I did some research and found what I thought was a good rate, it was going to be above the industry standard, and I hoped that we could be flexible and offer floating work hours. When I talked to each of the individuals it was obvious they were all interested, so I locked them in.

I couldn't wait for Friday night to roll around. I was getting more excited by the minute.

When I rocked up to Karla's office the others were already there and were sitting around talking. The moment I walked in the room went absolutely quiet. It was like one of those old cowboy movies when the good guy walks into the saloon and everybody stares at him. I felt like they were definitely talking about me.

Candy just about cried when she saw me, Laurens face dropped and she looked devastated. Karla shook her head in dismay.

I sat down and placed all the papers and documents on the table, "OK guys are we ready."

Candy started, "Kelli you are a fucking idiot that's all I wanted to say. Fuck you look terrible."

I smiled, "Thanks for your support, you look lovely as always."

Lauren couldn't resist, "Yeah I'm with Candy, what the hell were you thinking. Where the hell is Kelli?"

Karla threw in her ten cents worth as well, "Michael, I don't want to comment on your private life, but the other day you were a beautiful vivacious gorgeous woman, today you are well to be polite "scruffy" You are the only person I know who can make nice clothes look terrible. Why don't you take as much care with your appearance as you do when Kelli is in the house? I mean how you expect to represent a fashion house dressed like that escapes me! In the fashion world, appearances matter."

I groaned, "Yeah thanks everybody for all the kind comments, but as somebody said at the last meeting let's leave my personal shit at home, we need to move on, it is after all my life and no one else's business." I could see the look of disappointment on Laurens face, like I had just slapped her.

"OK let's get under way. Last time we decided to go away and consider our options regarding levels of investment. So I am going to go around the table and we can all talk through the perceived issues."

Candy was on my right so she started. "I don't want to comment really; at the last meeting Kelli you mentioned that you wanted me to take a 51 percent stake in the company. My position is different I don't care about any of that. I just want this to go ahead. I understand how much work you have put into this but really I am happy to go with what everybody thinks is fair. Besides I totally trust you, I know you would never do something I didn't agree with."

Lauren was next. "I am happy for Candy to have a 40 percent holding in the company, I think that's a fair reflection on the value of the designs and concepts. I understand your position Michael and the logic behind it, but it's not realistic."

Karla was next. "Yes Lauren I think that's probably fair, I was personally going to say 35 percent but I will go along with Laurens suggestion. In all honesty we wouldn't be here without Candy having the designs. Michael the logic behind your suggestion is that you want to protect Candy's position. If I have understood your point of view you are just future proofing. You are worried about what might happen if some of us were to on sell our shares, which would leave Candy at the mercy of new partners."

I nodded my agreement.

Karla continued, "If we give Candy a 40 percent stake she would still have a reasonable level of control, because it would mean the other three of us would have to vote against her. So my vote goes with 40 percent."

I looked around the room and everyone seemed happy, "OK well I guess I am out voted. I stand by my original position. If you are all happy to agree on 40 percent then that will be it." The others all nodded their head.

"OK then I just want you all to know that I don't agree. I think Candy deserves better."

She hugged me, "Sweetie don't fret this, I know you will look after my interests."

I shrugged, "Yeah that's fine Candy you know I will, but what happens when I am not here? What happens when we employ and actual CEO and that person isn't so enamoured by you, what then."

Karla offered her opinion, "I said the other day that we don't need a new manager. I think you are capable, I think you need to stop thinking that you are a short term manager and approach it like you are here for the long haul because although I'm speaking for myself here I am sure that the others will agree with me."

Candy and Lauren both nodded, Lauren was quick to add, "Yes if you gave up that horrible job and did this permanently think how much easier it would be."

"Lauren I have to make enough money to support myself, I need that horrible job."

She just shook her head.

"OK then team assuming we are all on board; let's talk business, as I started up the overhead projector Lauren butted in. "Team I have spoken to a few different people who I thought might be interested in investing with us. I have one who is super interested; they have money and are really keen on the idea."

Wow that certainly got my attention. We were all listening expectantly. I applauded, "That's really great news, who is our new investor?"

She looked at me nervously; "Well I don't want to mention any names until it's agreed. They have given me authority to act on their behalf and invest anywhere up to $200,000." She looked around at the others. "Guys we would need to re-evaluate the company split and how the shares side of it would work."

Now I was nervous, but Karla chimed in, "Well I am happy for the investment to reflect the monetary input and the extra funding wouldn't go amiss."

Candy jumped in, "Lauren that's amazing; I don't have a problem with the money equalling the shares split, I would just be so happy to have the financial pressure reduced."

I looked at Lauren, "I am keen as well, the extra money would be fantastic, but I'm not prepared to approve anything without knowing who we are going to be in business with. I need to know who I am voting for or against."

Karla surprised me; she is usually so interested in getting everything right and correct. "From my perspective if Lauren is prepared to recommend them, I am happy to go with it."

I hunched my shoulders and breathed deep, "Karla I like the idea of having the financial input but I have to know who it is going to be."

Candy looked at me strangely and asked, "Why is it so important?"

I responded, "Well we don't know who they are. What if they are a competitor? What if all they want is get hold your designs?? No I am sorry but I will not go along with this proposal until I know who it is."

Lauren grumbled quietly, "Michael I wouldn't be recommending somebody who wasn't going to be in the best interest of the business. Have some trust."

I stared at her; "I have heard you talk about trust before Lauren. So let's see you show some trust in the rest of us and tell us who this mystery investor is? If it's all above board and legitimate why can't you reveal the name?"

She looked down at the table, "I just don't want to Michael; I don't want to prejudice the vote. I want everyone including you to vote unhindered by the knowledge of who this investor is."

Karla was strangely silent. Candy shrugged her shoulders. I don't think she really understood. All she could see were the dollar signs.

It came back to me. "Sorry team but my answer is no, I will not vote to include somebody I don't know. This is a small team and if we get the wrong person it could really put a spanner in the works. I am in favour of another investor. You have all seen the spreadsheets, more investment would be a real bonus but I refuse to vote without knowing who I am voting for."

Lauren looked at me, "Well I want to move a motion that we accept them into the fold, we can iron out the split later; I know they will be happy to go with our recommendation."

I replied, "Lauren you can move the motion, but before I accept this motion I am going to strongly plead with you all to consider what you are doing. If we get this wrong we are screwed. If this person or persons is not prepared to reveal who they are then there is something amiss. I am totally against this."

Candy looked nervously at me she looked troubled.

I put the motion, Lauren voted yes, Karla voted yes, Candy who had been watching me carefully said, "I am going to give my vote to Kelli. If she is uncomfortable then I am not voting for it."

I smiled at her, "Thanks for your confidence Candy. I addressed the others. The motion has failed Candy and I both vote no. I will be happy to revisit the idea in the future but for the moment we will need to tighten our belts and get stuck in."

Laurens head slumped and she looked upset.

Karla was shaking her head; she grumbled, "Michael I think you have acted foolishly."

"Karla, you seem to be very eager and I have to admit you surprised me by being prepared to vote without knowing who it was. Tell me do you already know who it is?"

She quickly looked at Lauren and then at Candy, "Um yes I do actually."

"You didn't mention that earlier, why was that?"

"Well because Lauren asked me not to and I promised her I wouldn't. I agree with her that if the investors name was made public it would have affected the vote."

I frowned, "Would it have affected Candy's vote?"

She wouldn't look at me squarely, "Probably not."

"But you think it would have affected mine?"

"Yes I think it would have influenced your take on it."

"Thanks for your honesty; let's move right along with the rest of the meeting shall we."

I went over the changes in the spreadsheets and the savings, there was now a one month window starting from next Monday for the construction and alteration phase.

So it was all go. At the end of the meeting I felt such a deep relief I was just starting to get an understanding for how much this meant to me. I wasn't going to let go without a fight. 'No more running away'.

Lauren pulled me aside after the meeting, "Baby you got that decision wrong, we will struggle without more money."

I agree with you, "I guess you will have to work a little harder and find a new investor, but don't come back to another meeting without being prepared to reveal their name before the vote, because it will get the same result."

"I wanted to talk to you about this but things have been so tense between us I didn't want to make things worse. I'm just glad we are in it together. She was clinging on to my arm tightly, like she didn't want to let go. I also want to apologise for being so mean the other night. I had no right to say those things."

"Thanks I am glad we can at least be friends. As far as you and I go, we have to accept that it's over. I have spoken to my lawyer and they are still trying to get a court date. If you didn't contest it we could have it finalised within a month. We may as well stop fooling ourselves and make it official."

The look on her face changed to one of horror, "No I want us to work together and fix this. I don't want a divorce; I am contesting and I will fight you every inch of the way."

I sighed deeply "Why Lauren? Why don't we just let go, you obviously want to be with Alecia."

"No all I want is for us to be together."

I shook my head. "I don't understand you, you say you want to be together but every night you sleep in her arms. How can you say you love me or want to be with me?"

"Michael couldn't we at least get together and talk sanely about this? Maybe we could do dinner tomorrow night? Look even if it's just as friends, see if we can clear the air and see what happens?"

I thought about it and I did want to at least see if we could remain friends. "Yeah OK let's do it at our place, that way we won't embarrass ourselves in public."

We kissed and she scooted out the door.

I decided to go all out for the dinner, I don't know why but I still harboured thoughts that she might change her mind and come back to me.

I decided on a Barbequed Lime and Chilli Crayfish main, it would make a tasty meal. Going with the seafood theme I decided on creamy garlic scallops as my entrée.

I had been working in the kitchen for ages and the entrée was underway. I set the table and put a bottle of champagne on ice I lit some candles and put on some light easy listening music, to play in the background.

I got myself ready I had brought a new shirt and a pair of jeans. When I looked in the mirror I shrugged, shit why is it that I can never look stylish. My mother was right; regardless of what I wear I always look untidy. If this was Kelli I would look chic and stylish, but as Michael I looked untidy. I went back down stairs and grabbed a couple of beers. By the time I heard Laurens car pull into the drive I was feeling pretty good. I dived into the kitchen to check the marinade for the crayfish was OK. Lauren called out as she came in I yelled out, "I'm in the Kitchen."

She popped her head in and I gave her a kiss. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out into the dining room, oh fuck Alecia was there as well. What the fuck!

Alecia smiled weakly, "Michael whatever you are cooking smells delicious."

I sucked in a deep breath, "Hello Alecia". But I was giving Lauren a dirty look. She smiled, "Thanks for inviting us baby." She walked into the lounge holding Alecia's hand. 'What the fuck!'

I went back into the kitchen wondering if there would be enough for three. I looked in the refrigerator and found a couple of bread sticks, and made a garlic bread to add to the scallops. I fired up the element and was just getting the scallops ready when I felt Laurens arms wrap around me.

"Why is the table only set for two?"

"Because when you asked if we could get together tonight to talk I was expecting you, and only you. I wasn't expecting Alecia. Why the hell did you bring her?"

She put her fingers up across my mouth to shush me so Alecia wouldn't hear. "Well baby I have been trying to tell you, I want the three of us to be able to get along as friends if nothing else. The reality is I want us to be together as lovers. I want to try and make sure that no one gets hurt. Do you have enough for three?"

"Yeah I guess I have enough, you better get another glass and I will bring in the champagne."

She kissed me, "Thanks baby, this is going to be awesome."

The garlic bread and scallops were ready so I dished up dinner. I called the girls who were sitting in the lounge giggling and laughing.

I was feeling a little left out. I refilled the glasses and we sat down to eat.

As they started to eat Alecia gasped, "Oh my god this is amazing."

I smiled, "Thanks nothing special."

Lauren was giggling "Nothing special' baby Alecia is right this is awesome; I had forgotten what a good cook you are."

The champagne was going down a treat and they were right the food was good.

The only thing missing was conversation Lauren was trying her hardest, but it was all one way traffic. I could see her getting more and more frustrated and it seemed to be with me in particular. When I went out to the kitchen to get another bottle of champagne Lauren followed me she whispered angrily in my ear, "Come on baby you have to help me here, if we are going to make this work you have to help me."

I turned and looked at her quizzically, "What the hell are you talking about? Help you? How? What the hell am I supposed to do anyway?"

She was pleading, "Please just help me carry the conversation. Don't leave me hanging."

"Well I cooked dinner I set the scene, I brought the champagne. What have you done?"

I poured the champagne and went back to cooking the main course.

I heard the girls giggling and what sounded like kissing. When I peeked around the door they were indeed kissing. Lauren was standing behind Alecia leaning down kissing her neck and nibbling on her ear.

I finished the crayfish and served it and took in another bottle of champagne.

If Alecia enjoyed the entrée she was overwhelmed by the crayfish. She gushed on and on about how good it was.

Lauren was smiling and going on about it as well overpowering me with compliments.

After dinner Lauren suggested we move into the lounge, I packed up the dishes and packed away the table, by the time I was finished they were already curled up together on the sofa. Lauren had her legs folded up underneath her and Alecia was snuggled up beside her. There was nowhere for me to sit except on the chair opposite them. Lauren tried to get the conversation going again but it failed. Alecia and I were just sitting there while Lauren kept prattling on.

The evening descended into silence, even Lauren got sick of the sound of her own voice. The silence became deafening and the mood became uncomfortable. After several minutes of us all looking from one another I got up and went out to get another bottle of champagne. At this rate we would be drunk, oh well at least we might end up being able to talk. When I went back in they were snogging, Alecia was moaning as Laurens hands were all over her boobs and she was massaging and rubbing her.

They didn't even hear me come back in, Alecia jumped as I leaned over placing the bottle on the table in front of them. Lauren was giggling and she smiled at me. I went back to my seat and the silence returned, I could see Laurens hand moving sneakily as she tweaked Alecia's nipple. She was looking up lovingly at Lauren. I was getting pissed off so I excused myself feigning a telephone call. I walked out onto the balcony to get some fresh air and try and clear my mind." I stayed loitering out there for ages before building the courage to go back in. I knew I would have to face it at some stage and I had promised myself no more running away.

By the time I got back they were making out with a fiery intensity, I could hear the moans before I got through the door.

I went and sat in the chair for a few minutes and they kept making out totally unaware of my presence.

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,545 Followers