Candy's Fashion House Ch. 10

Story Info
Kelli takes another step forward, then a step back.
8.7k words
4.64
18.7k
18

Part 10 of the 19 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/01/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,553 Followers

Thanks to Charlie for all the editorial help and guidance. Charlie you are a star!

*****

The next day I got up early and went to the new factory to meet the contractors and catch up with the foreman and make sure we were on track. The initial ground work for the extension was going well; the machines and material had been delivered. I discovered a small storage facility nearby that we could use as a cutting and preparation room. So with everything progressing well I headed off to my day job. Every spare moment I was ringing local fashion outlets talking about our products and new designs, I phoned around franchise outlets and suppliers looking for deals. That night I went straight to the factory and started work on the office construction. I decided to do the office segregation and fit out myself to save money. I worked until way past midnight. The next few days were replications of the first. And by the end of the week I was starting to feel the pinch.

Candy kept coming around and checking on progress, and checking on me. The hardest part was driving home after working so late on the factory. Thinking outside the box I checked out the room we had been using as a storage room. I set up a camp stretcher in there. It meant I could work longer hours.

After all my ringing around I actually had some commitments from local stores and some suppliers.

It was time to have another meeting of the wheel tappers and shunters to discuss progress and bring everyone up to speed.

Candy stopped by and picked me up for the meeting and on the way we talked about production and what the roadblocks were. It was nice to get some good news and to find out we were miles ahead of where we thought we would be.

We were all sitting around the table talking I was stalling until Siobhan turned up. Eventually she did rock up and when she walked in there was a lot of head turning and questioning glances, the exception being Lauren who gave her an icy cold deadly stare.

I got the meeting started and introduced Siobhan to the others and informed everyone she was our new marketing manager. There were a few mumbles as I described her role in more detail.

Lauren grumbled bitterly. "Why wasn't everyone asked or informed before the appointment was made."

Karla didn't look that happy either, I wasn't sure if she was really unhappy or whether she was just supporting Lauren.

I asked Siobhan to share with us what she had been up to since she started on the project.

She plugged in her laptop and brought up the new web page. That immediately changed some of the murmurs to ones of approval. The web site was awesome. She hadn't activated the purchasing options, just the photos and descriptions. She used Kelli as the main focus and the shots she had chosen were awesome. Once she had finished with the web page she ran through the Facebook and Instagram pages. She had put in a big effort. The traffic flows across all of the social media was impressive.

The murmurs were now cries of approval and everyone with the exception of Lauren was feeling a lot happier.

I ran through the construction progress and I let Candy talk about the production. That created a lot more murmurs of dissatisfaction; again they were unhappy that I had acted without gaining approval.

I tried to explain the logic behind my decisions and I did tell them that I had to act quickly to get the deals I did and the cutting room facility was a necessity.

I got to the main topic from my perspective I really wanted to go with the fashion show and party to celebrate the opening. It couldn't happen without everybody's approval.

There were again mumblings of dissatisfaction from Karla and Lauren. Candy on the other hand was ecstatic. She loved the idea. I got Siobhan to explain why she thought it was vital, and as she went through the reasoning and logic. Karla came around and agreed that it was a great marketing idea. Her only concern was would we be ready?

I went back over the progress report and stated my confidence that we would be ready. At the end I promised to work twenty four hour days if that's what it took.

Candy chimed in, "Sweetie you are already working sixteen hour days!"

At the end everyone seemed happy with that decision.

As I was about to close the meeting Lauren interrupted me saying she wanted to raise the topic of investors.

I replied, "Sounds good, who have you found for us Lauren?"

"Michael it is the same investor I had at the last meeting. I will not reveal their identity. I want you to vote trusting me. Look at all of the decisions that you have made in the last week alone that you didn't seek approval for. I want you to trust that I wouldn't do something that would harm our business."

Karla butted in, "Michael you all know that I know who this investor is and I approve, and you need to trust me as well as Lauren. We wouldn't put our investment in jeopardy."

Candy piped up; "Michael, I have talked to the investor and I want to say I think she would be great for the business, she is really into fashion and has already given me some great ideas, and I would love for her to become involved."

I looked at her totally dumbfounded even she was stabbing me in the back.

Candy reached out and held my arm, "Kelli I am leaving my vote with you, you use it as you see fit. I just wanted you to know that I agree with Karla and Lauren, OK."

I took a deep breath; "I am sad to inform you the motion has failed again sorry Ladies. You talk about faith and trust Lauren, but you won't include me in your little group. You introduced this interested party to everyone except me. Don't talk about trust until you are prepared to walk the talk. I will never approve anyone without first knowing who it is. My answer is no."

After the meeting and we were all walking out Lauren pulled me aside. Before she could speak I interrupted her train of thought. "Lauren you may think I am stupid but I know Alecia is your secret investor and I am telling you I will never ever agree to that."

She had a cold harsh look on her face, "Michael if you know its Alecia why didn't you say so?"

I smiled, "I could ask you the same question. You thought you could sneak her in under my nose. Well fuck that, you know I would never accept her. That's why you kept it secret. The fact is it hurts Lauren. It hurts a lot that bitch has already stolen my wife. She has stolen the most precious thing in my life. She is not stealing this from me as well. I will never ever let her in Lauren, never. I will sell everything I own before I approve her. If the rest of you want her so bad I will resign."

Lauren sucked in a deep breath, "Michael perhaps we could get together this weekend? Maybe if we sat down together we might find some common ground and see if we can find a way to make it work. You could bring Kelli out and we could have a nice meal, or we could go out? Please baby it would be a nice gesture."

"When are you going to understand, I don't even like Alecia. When you are ready to commit to our relationship then we can talk. I am not interested in any sort of arrangement with her."

She was shocked at my outburst. "Don't tell me that you are not attracted to her because I don't believe you."

I turned and walked to the elevator. "Think what you like, but Alecia doesn't care about anyone but herself. She is just a cheap slut. When you get sick of her maybe we can talk."

The look on Lauren's face was worth the grief I knew I would get later.

Candy was waiting by the car; I gave her a stern look. "Don't you talk to me, Candy I am angry with you. Jesus, I thought you were the one person I could rely on."

She apologised, "I am sorry but Lauren kept ringing me and coming around. I know I have to get to know her better to build a better working relationship. One day she brought Alecia around as well, and I have to say I like her. I tried not to because I know how you feel, but I'm sorry it didn't work. She is really cool , I know she has done the wrong thing but I can't help that, on a personal note I like her, and you aren't going to want to hear this either, but I think she would be a great asset for the business!"

As we drove off I grumbled. "Jeez you are such a bitch. Bloody Lauren is no better she is driving me crazy."

She just laughed. "Sweetie she is just in love with you and she wants you back. It might be hard for you to believe but I have spent a lot of time with her recently. We have spoken a lot as well and there's no question about her love."

"Huh she sure has a strange way of showing it."

"How so," she quizzed with a smirk on her face.

I explained what she has been suggesting and about the make out sessions, and she laughed and laughed. "Fuck, you are an idiot sometimes. In some ways you are the cleverest person I know, and then you behave like this and I see you are a complete fucking moron. Most men around the world would kill to be in your shoes. Yet here you are torturing yourself, and I am guessing, going without sex yourself. You aren't having an affair are you?"

"No Candy," I sighed, "I'm not. It kills me every time I see them together. They are obviously in love. I wish she would sign the divorce papers and cut me free. At the moment I just go from one day to the next hoping she will come back."

Candy had stopped laughing. "Well, why don't you try sharing? At least that way you will be getting some and you can't win her back when you're not seeing her."

I growled. "Fuck off."

"Shit I know she screwed you over but we have talked a fair bit and I know this will hurt you to hear but I like her. I know what she did was wrong and I don't know the full story. Whatever happens sweetie I am on your side?"

When she dropped me off she kissed me. "Thanks for all your hard work, I know the others haven't seen the hours you are putting in but I have and I will find a way to repay your efforts I promise."

Over the next couple of days I put in really long nights as well as my day job and I was quickly running out of steam, this was hard work.

The weekend rolled around Friday night Lauren rang she was at home and wanted to know where I was.

I explained I was at the factory running some electrical cable.

She asked if she could come over to talk.

I wasn't really in the mood for another fight, but said come on over.

Surprisingly she turned up alone, I showed her around the factory pointing out all the areas of modification. She was impressed but I could see there was something on her mind. "OK Lauren spit it out; you obviously have something on your mind."

"Michael I have a favour to ask. Next Saturday night Our Company is having a party to celebrate the signing of the Water Corp contract. It's a really big deal. The other partners have been impressed by my work and there's a chance I might get offered a partnership." As she talked she had a huge smile on her face.

I hugged her tight. "Congratulations baby that's awesome."

"Baby I need a partner for the party, and I was hoping you would accompany me."

"What about your actual partner." I hissed? "Why can't she go with you?"

"Please don't turn this into an argument. You are my husband and partner in life."

I grimaced. "Really? Because it doesn't feel like it at the moment. The fact we are getting divorced puts an end to that."

"I have told you we are not getting a divorce. We are going to grow old together. Look Alecia will be there with her company as a representative, we couldn't go together even if we wanted to. I was hoping you would want to share what is a pretty big deal with me, and help me celebrate."

I smiled. "Yeah of course, I have just one question, so we go to the party together, we arrive together, we sit together. What happens when we leave?"

"What are you getting at Michael?"

"Well are we going to go home together? Or are you going to go home with Alecia once I have fulfilled my now required husbandly obligations?"

It was her turn to smile. "Well that's up to you; we could all go home together and make it a real celebration."

I shook my head. "Sorry Lauren that idea doesn't excite me, but if you said you were going to leave with me I would be more than happy to accompany you."

"Are you trying to blackmail me? Are you trying to force me to go home with you?"

"Shit I hope I don't have to force you to be with me. If that's what you think then I am not fucking interested."

"Of course you don't have to force me baby; I would love to spend time with you. But just imagine the three of us together, how sexy that would be."

"You're not listening are you Lauren, I am sick of telling you I'm not interested. You can have your slapper girlfriend I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole let alone my dick."

Her face dropped and she looked horrified. "Jesus you can be a real prick, maybe I'll just go by myself."

"If that's what you want, just do that." I turned away and went back to work.

She was barely out the door when I broke down, fuck her I smashed my fist through a wall I had only just built; I collapsed on the ground crying my eyes out. She makes me so mad.

I was lying curled up in a ball when she walked back in, when she saw me she fell down beside me cradling my head in her arms, "Baby I am so sorry. I love you."

I wrapped my arms around her and held on tight. "Fuck Lauren I love you so much." We lay together for ages, tears flowing down both our faces.

"I don't mean to say some of these things but you make me so angry."

She was rubbing my face gently. "Its OK baby I just know that if you would open your mind you would love Alecia as much as I do. You just won't open up, I think it's because you blame her for our problems, you should be blaming me. Shit Michael it was all me, I caused all of this."

She left and I went back to work, but my heart wasn't in it. I struggled on until it was getting late and I crashed, but it was a long night interspersed with tears and feelings of frustration. I couldn't keep on waiting for her. It was obvious that she wasn't going to leave Alecia.

It was Sunday and I was running more cable when Candy rocked up with some sandwiches for lunch.

"Shit you are going to have to take some time off sweetie or you are going to run yourself into the ground."

She pulled out a six pack and we shared a couple of beers as we ate our sandwiches.

She complained. "Shit, look what you have done to me! I am eating sandwiches and drinking fucking beer. It's like I am a man all over again. This shit has to stop."

I laughed hard at her feeble joke, and I realised it was the first time in a long time I had actually laughed.

We talked a little and I had lots of questions about her transition. She explained that even from a young age she knew she was different and as she matured she felt attracted to men. She came to accept that she was gay and started dating guys. She had always loved fashion and loved dressing up so one day she decided to stay dressed and never went back.

As we talked she asked what I was doing about Kelli?

I cringed and shrugged. "I don't know, honestly I do like dressing up, but I don't know what to do. I feel like such a fraud, I mean I understand from your perspective that you are gay and like that men find you attractive in fact it is what you want. I don't feel the same way, every time I dress up I love looking good and it's not that I don't like the attention because I do. It's just the constant hassle of chasing guys away and telling them I am not interested. Shit they won't bloody leave me alone and I hate that aspect of it. I hate the attention I get from men. I bloody hate it."

She giggled. "Well sweetie you are making a decision without having all the facts, have you ever tried it? I bet you haven't have you? You shouldn't knock it till you try it."

I laughed. "God no I freak out when Lauren plays with my bum, mine is a one way passage!"

We both laughed. "Seriously you need to make sure you don't wear yourself out on this project. It's not that I don't admire your dedication it's just that I don't want it to be at the expense of your health."

The week went quickly and by Friday I was feeling worn out. Lauren rang me at lunchtime which is unusual she doesn't normally ring me while I am at work, she was making light conversation without saying much, and she obviously had something else on her mind.

In the end I groaned, "Lauren spit it out what is it you want?"

She hesitated, "Michael I want you to come to the party with me tonight. I know its late notice but I really want you to be part of it. Mikey, I wouldn't even be getting this opportunity without your hard work. I want you to share this moment with me. It's important to me, I want us to put all of our shit aside and I want you to be beside me tonight."

"Yeah OK Lauren I will pick you up, what time?"

"Thanks baby, remember its formal dress, you are going to need a tux! Could you be there by seven?"

I called a taxi and left to pick her up, I knocked on Alecia's door and thankfully Lauren answered, she looked amazing, she was sexy as hell. She had on a cute little black dress accented with sexy black seemed stockings and high heels. She went back in and I could hear her talking to Alecia, I couldn't hear what was said but the tone of the conversation was proof enough that Alecia wasn't as happy with this as Lauren had let on.

Lauren reappeared with a forced smile on her face. She complimented me on how handsome and dapper I looked. I replied that no one would notice as I would be standing beside the sexiest woman in the world.

At the party she introduced me to all of the partners and the clients. There were some local dignitaries there as well. It was a very posh occasion. As I talked to Meryl one of the senior partners she rattled on and on about Lauren, and how proud I must be. Of course I played along agreeing saying Lauren had worked hard on this account and she loved the responsibility.

About then Alecia turned up and she was accompanied by a very attractive young woman, a little younger than her but so very elegant and sexy. The pair of them made a very attractive couple. I could see the jealousy in Lauren's eyes as she watched them move around the party.

I dragged Lauren onto the dancefloor to get her mind off Alecia. She snuggled in tight and we danced slowly to a couple of slow cruisy numbers. I asked who the woman with Alecia was and she grumbled that she didn't know her.

The evening went along well I danced with a couple of Lauren's colleagues and she danced with some. We drank, laughed and it was a pretty good night. By the end of the night we were feeling no pain, it had been a fun . We were sitting at a table with Alecia and some of Lauren's colleagues. She was leaning in close talking to Lauren and it was pretty intimate, I couldn't hear what they were saying or what it was about. Alecia was totally ignoring the woman she was with and she looked pissed off, in fact she was so pissed off she got up and walked away. I leaned in close to Lauren and suggested we should get going because it was getting late. She smiled at me but said she needed to talk to Alecia for a moment. I got up and went to the toilet to get some space and then went outside to get some fresh air. I was leaning on the hand rail looking out over the city it was a beautiful night.

As I was out there enjoying a moment of fresh air the woman who had been with Alecia walked over and stood beside me. We had talked a little during the night, but were hardly friendly.

As she leaned on the rail beside me she asked me angrily. "What the hell's going on?"

I just shook my head, "I don't know, I'm sorry but I just don't know." She was almost in tears; I pulled her in and hugged her.

Cagivagurl
Cagivagurl
3,553 Followers