Cape Ann Caper

Story Info
A cheating wife breaks a habit.
6.6k words
3.81
101.9k
35
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
c1992w
c1992w
534 Followers

Cape Ann Massachusetts is an ideal body of water for fishing (both pleasure and commercial). The vicious wind coming off the North Atlantic is subdued on the waters of the Cape. Historical structures line the shore is observable by Cape travelers. Fishermen returning from the high seas find the sight of the land structures beautiful and relaxing. The same can be said for tourists who are treated to tours along one or both shores by operators stationed in Gloucester, at the North end of the Cape.

One of the rather large homes along the East shoreline is that of Jean and Willi Harmon and their two children. Jean Harmon inherited the home as the 4th descendent of the original owner -- a fishing mogul -- as a single woman in college. She met and later married Willi Harmon while a junior in College 12 Years ago. Pregnant in her senior year, Willi and Jean had a large conventional church wedding immediately after graduation. The first child was a source of joy to both but afterwards the joy died an agonizing death for both of them.

A health and workout enthusiast, Jean did not believe in artificial birth control and began forcing Willi to ejaculate on her rather than in her when having sex. Her husband didn't like this but he did not challenge Jean's beliefs on this or anything else. In public she was labeled a nice looking, 'stacked' woman by those she encountered, who wore stylish but expensive and long lasting clothes.

Willi Harmon crewed on several fishing vessels when he was ask, which was often. He spent as much as a week away from home preparing, fishing, and debriefing on return to port in Gloucester. He could have been a hockey player but had little interest in organized sports. His love was classic cars for which he roamed the world to find old heaps, refurbish them, and then auction them. His degree was in Marine Science but he found that the good money and the open sea were more appealing than being a researcher, even though the work was brutally hard and physically challenging -- working long hours constantly on deck in the cold, wet wind on the North Atlantic is not for everyone.

Jean took over as CEO of her family business 5 years ago, when her father died of Alzheimer's. By this time she was an accomplished pilot of their 4-seater single engine prop plane, and had been working in the family business since before college. The family owned and ran a holding company with fishing related assets in 5 cities along the Northern Atlantic. When she was named the CEO she began making trips to the cities where their interests were in the company airplane, with the local manager meeting her at the general aviation airports to which she flew. She also worked with vendors of parts and supplies all over the country for the company commissary.

In short, Jean was a work-a-holic. She was in a job bigger than she was and knew it. Her workdays were often 18 hours long.

On this beautiful Friday morning of June 6, 2013, Jean and Willi were sitting at the breakfast table, chatting and enjoying a bowl of fruit before the cook would soon bring their breakfast. The two Harmon children came bounding into the dining room and hugged both their Mom and Dad, and were followed by their live in Nanny. She almost always joined them at the table when the children had their meals there. Any stranger could have guessed that both parents and the Nanny loved the children immensely.

Maggie was a very black woman, hard as steel who was a roommate of and who befriended Jean Harmon when both were in College - she later earned a social work degree on scholarship, unlike Jean who was a business major. She joined the Harmon household at Jean's request to help shortly after both graduated to help with Jean's ailing father. She remained employed by the Harmon's ever since and lived in a servants quarters Apartment on the large residential estate.

After lots of chatter, and a little eating, Maggie spoke up and said, "Hurry Children, we mustn't be late for the summer camp school bus again." The excited 12 and 8 year olds kissed their parents and hurried out the dining room door with Maggie running behind them.

The cook refreshed their coffee and the husband and wife relaxed and talked calmly after the storm of having their children at the table was over.

At a moment when the room was silent, Jean grimaced and said quietly to Willi, "My Lover arrives at Logan Express tomorrow. You are scheduled to be back from your coming trip On Thursday. That means I want be here when you get home. I will stay with him until he has completed his business and drive him back to Logan Express for his flight to the West. I will guess that we should see each other in about a week or less. As usual, don't call or text me, and my secretary will contact me if there is an emergency."

Willi suddenly had indigestion and depression as he always did when she made these announcements. But he remained silent in his usual acceptance of her plans. His thoughts raced back to when their second child was born eight years ago. The visitors who glanced at the infant knew that a Swedish descent father with blue eyes could not father a Hispanic child with tanned skin and thick black hair -- a paternity test was not necessary.

When the new baby was a month old, Maggie had brought her into the dining room in a carrier along with their 4 year old so that Jean and Willi could kiss the baby and the child goodbye. After the children left, Jean said to Willie, "I didn't tell you I had a lover before I gave birth to Kitty because the probability was that you were the father. But now everyone knows you were not the sperm donor."

Continuing after a pause where Willi remained silent, she said, "Having said that, He will be flying into Boston about 4 times yearly for his business and his stay is usually about 4 -6 days on each trip. I realize I should have told you this earlier and I am sorry. I will meet and stay with him each time he comes to town. Having said that I certainly understand you might want a divorce -- I will certainly grant a no fault divorce with joint custody of the children. Also I offer a generous settlement to reorganize your life locally -- but I would prefer that we stay married and you live in this house. I hope you will consider accepting my lifestyle and continue to love my children. But if we divorce and you resettle locally until my children leave home for college that will also work. Danny is very attached to you and I am sure Kitty will become so as well. The kids need a father and you are perfect in that role. Think over your options, Willi, today and let me know what you decide in the morning at breakfast. I will be leaving shortly afterwards. Will you do that?"

"Yes."

The remainder of the breakfast found Willi crying, depressed, and angry -- which he promptly suppressed. He walked over to Maggie's - his good friend's apartment and had a seat to wait for her. About an hour later Maggie came into her quarters carrying Kitty in a portable bassinet sound asleep while leading Danny by the hand. When she saw Willi crying, she started crying herself. Not saying anything at first, she handed Willi a cup of tea while Danny worked in his Activity Book and said, "Jean must have told you about her fly-by lover, as the father of Kitty. What did you two decide?"

Rather than answer her question, he asked, "How long has this been going on, Maggie?"

She paused and then replied, "She had one fling right after another before she met you in college which you knew about when you married her -- in fact, many guys hit on her because she was rich, pretty and a known slut. About the start of her third year, her father got sick and must have given her a good talk because after that her grades went up and she started saying 'no' when her phone rang -- remember I was her roommate. The suitors finally stopped calling, and then she serendipitously met you -- the perfect gentleman that she certainly didn't deserve. My suspicion is that one of the Hispanics she partied with before you met her is the one who fathered Kitty and continues to see Jean periodically. But then I don't know. I do know that Jean certainly would not tolerate a casual lover."

Willi blew his nose and replied, " She wants to cuckold me 3 or 4 times per year when her lover comes to this area on business. Or, she will give me a generous no fault divorce if I settle close by and remain a father to her children. She wants an answer by tomorrow morning at breakfast and I am not very rational today."

Now crying profusely, Maggie said, "What a decision for a man to make in 24 hours! Which way are you leaning? Could you actually stay away from Danny -- and now Kitty as well - for just weekend visits? I think not."

Willi cried, "The only problem I have is that I very much love Jean, even though it's unrequited, as well as our children. I am hoping that someday she will say 'adios' to him. Couple that with the fact that I love working on my classic cars in her garages and the stylish clothes I wear socially, and the healthy food I eat here. I couldn't do that if I moved out. You know, Maggie, I find myself more and more wanting to get to sea away from all of this."

Maggie replied, "I love these children and feel a pain right here knowing what a fucked up world they must grow up in. Moreover, I know women. Willi! She want stop this fly-by fling even if she makes up her mind to do it. She already promised her priest but she hasn't stopped. So I would rule that out, and focus on deciding whether or not you will be a willing cuckold or a divorced parent. "

Suddenly after hearing Maggie's counsel he began feeling much better he made his decision and started to relax. Maggie noticed his raised, tensed up shoulders going down and his deep breathing again, and smiled. "You obviously have decided, haven't you?"

End of Part One

"Yes," as he stood to leave and then Maggie stood and walked him to the door. Willie turned around and grabbed Maggie and held her close to him for support. He said, "Please take good care of my children, Maggie." He broke contact and went to the garage to work on his car feeling much better. All day he kept thinking about some way to influence his wife to change her ways, but could come up with nothing. He focused on that rather than his deflated ego and soon found himself unable to take his mind off of her as he slowly machined car parts.

--------------------

At the breakfast table the next morning, Jean asked, "What did you decide, Willi?"

"I want to stay your legal husband and just move into another bedroom. Would you mind?"

"No, of course not. That is certainly the best option for the children and a good one for you. Thanks."

During the next four years they slept in separate bedrooms but never copulated. When Jean traveled, Willi soon no longer wondered if it was a business or a pleasure trip with her lover. A few times Jean knocked on his door but he always refused. His own social life was revved up now. Every single woman with a child in North East Mass considered Willi a prize catch. But he never agreed to a committed relationship with any of them.

On this beautiful morning of June 7, 2013 he was in a pretty good mood while driving to the pier. Willi thought how things might have been but wasn't. But life was good, his children loved him, he loved the sea and the challenges of being a fisherman in the north Atlantic, and he had fought to contain his male ego for four years now and out loud he said to no one, 'Victory!' He always follows one of those outbursts with a silent prayer that Jean would someday love him again -- or really fall in love with him for the first time, whatever the case may be. He parked in a long-term lot and checked in at the dock, only to find that the skipper was the only one who had shown up so far. So the two of them started preparing for the coming trip that would commence in less than 24 hours awaiting more crew.

----------

A Six O'clock news local TV story on Saturday June 7th 2013 with footage showing behind the anchors in front, said: "The body of a Hispanic male was found in a room of the Holiday Inn in Peabody this morning. The CSI unit could not identify the victim but said he was a 30ish male Hispanic, well dressed and had an athletic build. Immediately the authorities examined the lobby and parking lot security tapes. The body was not that of another Hispanic Man and a Caucasian Woman who had checked into the room under false names that morning where the victim was found. Authorities assume the victim must have visited the hotel guests some times right after they checked in. Authorities are asking the public who can positively identify either of the following people to call the number on the bottom of the screen. Another story we are following tonight is....."

-------------

Maggie Lenoir was relaxing in the Harmon's den while the Kitty and Danny played. She was watching the 6:00 O'clock news when Jean Harmon's picture flashed on the screen. She hurriedly jotted down the phone number. Later after both children were tucked into bed and kissed goodnight, she called the number on the Harmon house phone and received a recorded message: 'If you can identify either of the three individuals shown on tonight's news please state your full name and phone number and someone will return your call on the next business day.'

Maggie spoke slowly into the phone, "The woman on the news piece is named Jean Harmon. My name is Maggie Lenoir and I am employed by the Harmon's as a live in Nanny for their two children. Both the mother and father are out of town and I am staying with the children in their absence." She finished by stating the Harmon residence phone number twice.

The phone rang on Monday morning about 10:30 and was answered by the housekeeper, who transferred the call to Maggie in her quarters. "This is Maggie."

"Ms Lenoir, my name is Jenny Young with the State Police, are you the person who made the identification call last night following a news story on the 6 O'clock news?"

"Yes."

"Has Ms Harmon called you since then?"

"No," Maggie replied, "She often takes extended trips and doesn't call while she is away."

"When will she be coming home?"

"Either Saturday evening late or Sunday morning early in the day as she might go to a social outing in Boston Saturday night. She didn't know for sure. She has an 8 and 12 year old and sometimes she calls them while away from home. If she calls this time I will ask her to call you."

"Thanks. Would you mind if one of our investigators stopped by Tuesday to ask you some more questions, say about 9:00

A.M.? "

"I don't mind." The conversation was ended after Maggie gave the street address of the residence.

On Tuesday morning the housekeeper opened the front door after the bell had rung. An unkempt man presented his badge and said, "Detective Pasquariello to see Ms. Lenoir. She is expecting me."

He was ushered in and shown to a comfortable living room and soon had a cup of tea in his hand that the housekeeper had brought him. He sat looking at a very large wedding portrait and concluded that the bride was unmistakably the lady guest of interest to them in the Holiday Inn Peabody crime scene Saturday.

Maggie came in and shook his hand and then sat in a chair opposite him. She spoke first saying, "Jean hasn't called yet."

Mark said, "Would you look carefully at these two pictures and see if you recognize either of them?"

After examining them in bright light, Maggie shook her head and said, "I never have seen them." Then she called three other members of the house staff to have a look, and they all reported negative.

Maggie continued, "These guys look like business people so you might contact Jean's secretary. Let me give you her card."

She returned in a moment with Jean's card and had written 'Kathryn Grassley' on the back.

Mark Pasquariello thanked her and left after again asking her to call him or Jenny Young at the number on his card if she hears from Ms Harmon.

A half hour later he was sitting across the desk of Kathryn Grassley in the TransOcean Services Corporation headquarters, 15 minutes from the Harmon home.

Mark asked, "When was the last time you communicated with Ms Harmon?"

The secretary replied, " She left me a voice mail Saturday that said..., here, I will play it for you." She then looked at a voice mails on her cell phone and said, "Here it is: 'Kathy, I am taking this week off so tell Frank I will be gone and he should be ready to put out any fires. I should return to work on Monday the 16th. If there is an urgent need to contact me, call me on the emergency number I gave you way back. I have that phone with me and its charged and turned on.'

Mark asked, "Would you give me that number so I might call her. She is a person of interest in a murder investigation in Peabody and I would like to ask her some questions?"

"I caught part of that newscast Saturday evening and the photo shown looked a lot like Ms Harmon." She then checked her cell phone Contact List and then read the number off twice to the detective.

"One more question is, do you recognize either of these people as vendors or customers of your company?"

"Pointing to the hotel guest she said, this one looks vaguely familiar. I believe he has been in this office visiting Jean at least once, but I cannot be sure. We rarely have Hispanic visitors so I remember most of them. I will think about it more and call you if successful."

-------------

State Police often contract private detectives for stake out work that all staff tried to avoid. This time they chose one named Sidney Riley.

In Logan's Terminal E, Sidney Riley, Contract Private Investigator, took a seat in the waiting area outside of the immigrations door. The waiting room was crowded with loved ones awaiting the return of foreign travelers. Since he was watching the landings of Jet Blue international from Caribbean origins on his iPad, he knew exactly when to carefully watch the incoming faces very carefully. This left him with much of the day to chat with others or read, and at one point gave him a break to have dinner.

At 8:37 P.M. Riley was very close to the immigration exit door examining each face coming through. He saw an exhausted Jean Harmon pulling a roller type suitcase behind her. She had no make up on and her eyes looked red.

Riley fell in and walked behind her and said, "Ms Jean Harmon?"

She stopped and turned around and said, "How do you know who I am?"

Riley handed her a card in one hand and showed his license in the other while he said, "State Police hired me to ask you some questions about you and Mr. Manuel Jesus Rodriguez. You are both persons of interest to them relating to a body found in your guest room at the Holiday Inn Peabody last Saturday morning."

Riley thought he was going to need to hold her to prevent her from falling in a faint. In a moment she asked, "How do you know my name and Manny's name? Who are you?" For the first time she looked carefully at the detective.

"This is not the time to talk about that, but may we sit down and talk? It's important to you. You can either talk to me here or to the Police in headquarters later. "

With a resigned look that her whole world had crashed on her, she said, "I need the ladies room and then I will talk to you. I don't have much time because my Logan Express bus leaves in 20 minutes."

Riley said, "I will find us a seat in that coffee shop over there and will even watch your suitcase if you like."

"That's nice of you. Thanks."

In short order she spotted him sitting at a table and took the opposite seat. This time she was cleaned up and had combed her hair. She then profusely thanked him for the tea he had set in front of her.

c1992w
c1992w
534 Followers
12