Captured: The Sheik's Bride Ch. 08

Story Info
Setting things straight.
1.2k words
4.58
48.8k
14
0

Part 8 of the 11 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 01/24/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So she rode. Khadeem smiled faintly while he watched Leanna riding a horse, from the looks of it a young one, from inside the rented limousine. That smile was quickly replaced when he watched her get thrown on her back. Quickly opening the door he ran towards the ring where she lay. The man in the ring, he assumed he was her father, yelled to the house for someone to call 9-1-1. Reaching her side he leaned down by her side.

"I'll be guessing that you're Khadeem."

Khadeem looked up into the man's angry face.

"I'm betting you're her father."

"Got it in one. You and I have some things to talk about, but we'll sort it out later."

Khadeem nodded and lent his attention back to Leanna. He heard the faint sounds of an ambulance while both he and her father tried to get a response out of her...it looked like for now she was unconscious. The ambulance arrived and the EMT's quickly loaded Leanna on to a stretcher and into the ambulance. Both Khadeem and Leanna's father went to get in the ambulance with her. As much as it pained Khadeem to not be with her, he knew he wouldn't gain any brownie points with her family if he acted high handed...so he let her father ride with her to the hospital.

When the rest of her family poured out of the house he motioned to them.

"Come ride with me, you don't need to be driving while you're upset."

They all piled into the limousine and sped off following the ambulance. For the duration of the ride there was an uncomfortable silence. No one spoke and Khadeem kept getting dirty looks from what he assumed were Leanna's brothers. After 20 minutes they finally arrived at the hospital and quickly followed the stretcher into the ER.

Leanna's father was at the desk giving out information while the rest of her family anxiously paced the waiting area. Khadeem was through with not being with Leanna and promptly entered the room that he had seen the stretcher enter only minutes before. Striding toward the bed where she lay he was waylaid by a nurse.

"Sir we're sorry but you can't--" He cut her off with a slash of his hand

"Saskeh! The hell I can't!"

He continued to the bed and sat down next to Leanna and held her limp hand. The nurse continued to try and persuade him to leave but her comments were met with deaf ears...he wasn't going anywhere. For the next hour he sat with her while multiple tests were performed.

"Sir, are you this woman's husband?"

"Yes, I am."

"All right...is there any chance that she could be pregnant?"

His heart leapt.

"Yes, she could be."

"All right. We'll run a test."

Nodding Khadeem turned back to his wife. She was so still in the bed...it hurt him to know that he was the reason she had fallen off in the first place. He turned when the door was opened behind him and watched warily while Leanna's family gathered in the room. He knew he had some explaining to do...he didn't blame her family at all for their reactions towards him. Now that he reviewed his actions into marrying Leanna he realized how wrong they were...he hadn't been thinking at the time, all he wanted was her as his wife. Stupid really...he was a government official! Well what's done is done...all he could do now is to try and mend things. He was about to speak when the door opened again. Ella was a blur as she rushed to Leanna's side.

"Oh my God! Sidi...what in the hell happened to her?!" She questioned him frantically.

He explained things to her and had to dodge a blow coming from one of Leanna's brother's.

"--you damned bastard!"

Tsking Ella got in between the two and talked furiously.

"Stop it! There is no reason for you to be going at each other!"

"The hell there isn't! Your lord here kidnapped our sister and then forced her to marry him! I'm ready to damn well knock his--"

With a quick slash of her hand Ella silenced him.

"First of all...the Sidi did not kidnap her! True he did something stupid by going to an auction in the first place but did you think of what could have happened had he not bought her? She could be sitting in a brothel right now with god knows what disease...instead she was bought and married to the Sidi...and a much better outcome than she would have had he not been there!"

Leanna's brother was taken aback with her tirade...she did have some good points.

"Yes he married her, but under duress! He told her if she didn't he would send her back to the--"

"Yes, yes that was stupid of him to do, but he wasn't thinking...it was the only way he thought he could have her! It also kept her from scandal...she is a dignitaries wife and her virginity was proven to many important figures out there! You know your sister and from the time I was with her I came to this conclusion...If she really didn't want to marry him she wouldn't have! Deep down she must have wanted to marry him! I have known the Sidi all his life...he is a decent man, an impulsive man sure but sometimes love makes one act that way!"

Her speech finished she turned and walked back to her Ladies side. Leanna's family stood there...realizing now that Khadeem had most likely saved Leanna from a worse fate...they were still pissed with the man sure, but they saw that really what he had done was save her reputation...and if he did indeed love her then...he'd have to work at it to get her back.

"Well then...now that we have some things straightened out and some thoughts to ponder...we should really introduce ourselves."

The silence was broken by Leanna's mother. Slowly each member of Leanna's family introduced themselves to Khadeem and Ella. Now that a lot of the main issues had been settled by Ella the tension in the room eased a bit. Sighing Khadeem set himself in a chair next to Leanna's bed and taking her hand prepared to wait for her to wake up.

----

He was startled awake by a light shake to his shoulder. Looking up with bleary eyes he saw it was a nurse that had woken him.

"You are this woman's husband?" She queried.

He nodded.

"All right, we took a pregnancy test on her and congratulations, you're going to be a father, your wife's about 6 weeks along. Your wife also hit her head pretty hard; she's still unconscious but should wake up soon without any ill effects. She got some mild trauma in her lower back, but luckily the fetus was unaffected."

As the nurse continued with her explanations Khadeem just stared blankly at her. The joy bubbled up inside of him; he was going to be a father. The nurse finished her explanations and left him alone with Leanna. He sat back in the seat next to his wife and waited for her to gain consciousness.