Career Shift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wait a minute!" I insisted. "How could you know that I would be interested in doing the job as a woman?" I asked.

"The Max party of course," Tom started. "Your parade around the hotel in the red wig and black dress was a great show," he added. Before I could ask more questions, Mai Wong arrived. She was a slim Asian woman about my age but very beautiful and refined. She had shoulder length black hair and wore the company standard seemed stockings and short skirt with 4" high heels with ankle straps. Her skirt was charcoal and her jacket was royal blue. Mai was also a man in women's clothing. I would carefully screen everyone I met to discover that it was true; all of these gorgeous women were all men in drag.

Mai guided me to a make-up room and began working. She was far more talented at make-up application than I was and gave me some pointers as she worked. She then brought me a red wig, which was slightly longer than my shoulders in a Jennifer Aniston style. She continued with cloths by picking out a navy skirt suit, black seemed stockings and 4" velvet high heels with ankle straps. The transformation was brilliant. After two hours I was a new woman. We made our way to the photo studio where my pictures would be taken but stopped by Tom Hadden's office on the way. Natalie was pleasantly surprised at my new look. She led us into the office with a big smile.

Once inside, it all seemed to make sense. We were not greeted by Tom, but by Audrey Kline instead. She was looking as stunning as I remembered from the party. That's when I realized that they were one in the same person. I can't believe that I never put the two together. I was wondering how Tom got away with being the only male in the office. "Some times, we need a male representative for things as well as making trips to the printing and distribution centre out in the burbs. That's when Tom steps in. Otherwise, Audrey runs the magazine, I like it better that way," Audrey explained. "As for spotting you at the hotel, I figured that hot redhead was a cross dresser but wasn't sure who it was for sure until I spotted you at the bar. You looked like a candidate and when I looked at your eyes, I knew that it was you. You still had a smudge of mascara on your eyelash," she added. So that was it.

After the photo shoot, I went home still dressed as a woman. I gave my old job two weeks notice, which they didn't even try to fight. Male sports writers were dying to get in there. I did get a healthy severance from them, which didn't hurt. I told them that I was going away for a while and getting out of the business. I wonder how many of them would link the arrival of the new Go Girl sports writer with my sudden departure.

The first official day on the job arrived and I was a bundle of nerves. I arrived dressed in official company code. I wore a grey pinstripe skirt suit with white blouse. The hem was of course short and my stockings were black with seems. I wore 4" black heels with ankle straps as required. The receptionist, who was not Janey, greeted me. The new girl introduced herself as Paula and politely welcomed me. She directed me to my new office and I made my own way. Many girls approached me along the way with pleasant smiles and warm greetings. I arrived at my destination to find Janey waiting for me. She was dressed in a very smart black skirt suit. She was full of energy and seemed genuinely excited at my arrival. "Hello Ma'am, I'm Janey and I'll be your personal assistant. Let me show you your new office," she stated with a rehearsed polish. " Can I just say how happy I am to be working for you? When I first heard that you were joining the magazine, I wrote up my memo immediately to be your secretary. I was promoted the next day. I have been getting everything ready for you since then," Janey explained. She was right, everything was prepared for me, office set up, stationary, computer, security pass, everything.

"Well honey, I had set aside the entire morning to get set up, but you have taken care of all of that already. What will I do with all my extra time?" I joked.

Janey grinned, "Well, we could spend it getting to know each other better."

"Great idea hon, come on in and lock the door the behind you," I replied. I was going to love this job.

Next time, I'll tell you about the party they threw for me after work on my first day.

Mary Callahan,
Sports writer
Go Girl magazine

12