Carnal Knowledge Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Emmeline
Emmeline
1,746 Followers

He stared at her silently a moment and dropped his hand. Her pretty face had gone pale, and her lower lip trembled.

"I'm a bastard, Eliza," he said quietly. "I want you, and I'm going to use you because I can. I don't care about you or your feelings, so don't try to imagine that I am going to change."

He stooped to pick up his discarded banyan and shoved his arms inside the holes. He took one more look at her face and gritted his teeth, seeing her eyes shimmering with unshed tears.

Some alien instinct clamored inside his head to gather her into his arms, hold her close, and beg for her forgiveness. He clamped down on it ruthlessly and turned to make his exit.

"I think you're a liar."

The soft words caused him to whip around incredulously. Had she just said what he thought she had?

"I beg your pardon?" he asked, eyes narrowed.

She stood nude before him, her golden hair rioting in messy waves about her face and shoulders, but her chin lifted. And despite her small stature, it was suddenly he who felt small.

"I don't know why you lash out and say these things, knowing they are hurtful. But I'm starting to wonder if perhaps you're doing it purposely to keep me at a distance."

"And why, pray tell, would I do that?" His heart inexplicably began to pound in his chest.

She lifted a hand as if dismissing him and walked away, giving him a nice view of her shapely backside.

Unable to move, he watched when she moved to the basin and began to wash herself. "Why?" he pressed, his voice hoarse, mouth dry as the wet cloth slid over her face and body.

She paused at last and looked back over her shoulder at him. "Because you do care, William," she said simply.

He took an unsteady step backwards and nearly stumbled over a chair.

She had given him her back again, but his eyes met hers in the mirror above the basin.

Rockdale smiled without any humor. "I'm afraid you are quite mistaken." He spun around and departed through the rear door, wishing he could believe his own words.

Emmeline
Emmeline
1,746 Followers