Cats and Dogs Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ingarlm
ingarlm
1,056 Followers

'I can wait! I didn't like to ask her about it, but is he her mate?'

Finn laughed. 'Not that she'd admit to, but we'd have had to be pretty stupid not to know that there is something going on between them. For a start, excepting him running off last night, he's really calmed down and started to behave himself since he got interested in our Tilly. And if you'd seen her last night when they got back, well, I've never seen her lose it like that.'

Sky was amused by the idea of the panther being "our" Tilly. 'She told me she was one of the wolves. It's a bit odd, but then by the sound of things the whole set-up here is.'

Finn grinned. 'Absolutely! Three months ago there were five of us rattling around this big house. Sam's the Alpha.' Sky nodded to confirm she knew. 'Tilly's his sister, although that's a bit weird in itself, and she's Second. Then there were just the three of us wolves, me, Den and Rob. Then the four panthers moved in. Another Alpha, Tom, and his second Alex, and Dill and Cal. We got used to that pretty quickly, although it's helped that our Alphas get on so well.' He smiled at the understatement in that comment. 'When we got the mission details a few days back the Council sent us two trainees, Peter and Michael, who are lions. Now we've got you and the other four and it's actually starting to feel crowded!'

'Sounds like you've had a busy few months!'

Finn laughed. 'Absolutely, and it's been full-on training for most of that time. I'm gonna be glad of a rest! A couple of Council members are coming down tomorrow and they'll be taking the others from outside the team with them. After that it should get pretty quiet here for a while, and I hope we'll be put on leave so most of the guys can head off to see their mates.'

Sky wondered if she should ask, but almost didn't want to know in case he would be leaving to see his mate. She rather hoped he hadn't got one.

Finn decided to continue, having thought she might ask about the mate situation. 'That should only leave Tilly, Dill, Sam and Tom here with us.'

This time she did pluck up the courage to ask, but not straight out. 'I know about Tilly and Dill. Aren't any of the rest of you mated?' she tried to stop herself blushing, thinking it would be obvious she was really only asking about him.

Finn laughed, two problems solved in one, he could tell her about him and the Alphas. 'I'm not. Sam and Tom are... to each other.'

Sky's eyes went wide. 'And Tom isn't short for something a bit more feminine?'

Finn laughed again and shook his head. She seemed surprised but not bothered. 'Nope!'

There was a knock at the door then, and Sam entered.

'Speak of the devil. Hi boss. Sky, this is Sam. Sam, meet Sky.'

'It's a pleasure Sky. We're glad to see you back with us. Is Finn looking after you okay?' he asked, ignoring the annoyed look on Finn's face.

'Yes, he's been great, and so has Tilly. I can't thank you all enough for getting me out of there and your hospitality.'

'You're welcome. I've been speaking to the Council and you are going to stay with us for a little while, at least until you are back to full health, and then you can decide what you want to do. Meanwhile if you have any family you want to contact we'll bring you the phone. Dill's family is coming here tomorrow.'

'No, there isn't anyone for me to contact. I'll be happy to be here as long as I can.' She couldn't at the moment think of a good reason to leave this place. She was warm and comfy for the first time in months and had a cute man to take care of her. What more could a girl want?

Sam looked off into the distance for a moment. 'Sorry, Tom wants to meet you too, is that okay? We're a two Alpha community here so it gets a bit complicated!'

Sky smiled. 'I've had it explained to me. I don't mind, it will help to put faces to names if I'm going to be here a while.'

Sam looked at Finn as he asked his next question. 'Have you had it all explained to you?'

Finn spoke up. 'I told her about you two, yes.'

'Good. I'm glad for once I don't have to do it!' He opened the door, and Tom was just outside.

'Hi there.' he said, also smiling.

'Hello, it's nice to meet you, and I owe you my thanks as well.'

'We're glad to have helped. It's really good to see you recovering. We've just got to wait for Dill to wake up so I can kick his ass, and then all will be back to normal. I'm gonna go check on him now and I'll see you again soon.' he said, leaving almost as soon as he had arrived. Sam headed out too.

'Finn, we'll send some dinner up for you. Do you need anything else?'

'We'll need more soup for Sky, plus a bit of bread or something solid might be worth a try.' He looked at Sky for confirmation and she nodded. 'Plus, Sky would really like a bath.' Sam raised an eyebrow, wondering whether Finn intended to do it, but he continued talking. 'So she was wondering if Tilly would be able to help her out later.'

'I'm sure she will if I sit with Dill for a bit. I'll ask her. I can't see any reason why not, but you're too weak to do it yourself just yet.'

Sky agreed. She was exhausted, and she had only been lying in bed talking. Her yawn was obvious.

'I'll send Tilly round later, but in the meantime get some more sleep.' Sam smiled and left.

Sky turned to Finn. 'Sorry, I can't seem to keep my eyes open any longer.'

'It's okay baby, you sleep and I'll be here when you wake up.' As Sky drifted off with a content smile on her face, Finn was left wondering where the term of endearment had come from, and what was going on with him.

Sam and Tom met in the corridor, heading down to check on Dill and Tilly.

Sam spoke first. 'Just when we think it can't get more complicated, Finn is lusting after our new guest.'

'Yep, I picked up on that. Can we get Tilly to keep an eye on things?'

'I already asked her to! She may know more than we do. Finn asked me to see if Tilly will help Sky with a bath later, assuming we can tear her away from Dill.'

'She left him with you earlier, didn't she?'

'Yes. And she told me that he's family.'

Tom raised an eyebrow. 'That's the closest she's come to admitting there is anything between them.'

'I know. It makes me wonder what they had agreed to before the mission. As his Alpha, do you think he's suitable for my sister?' Sam asked with a smile.

Tom laughed. 'Aside from his inability to follow orders when he thinks he knows best, I reckon he's good enough. And I'd have to say since we have been here he has become a lot better. She sure knows how to keep him in line.'

They got to the door at that point and could hear Tilly still talking away to Dill. She seemed to have resorted to reading him her book, which was about dragons on a distant planet. 'I hope he likes fantasy stories.' Sam thought.

'I don't think he'd mind. After all, it's not that much of a leap from werewolves and werecats, is it?'

Sam grinned. 'Who believes in that stuff?!'

* * * * * *

Tilly looked up from her book when the Alphas entered. 'Hi guys. There's no change so far. The swelling on his face is coming down fast though. He almost looks normal, if it weren't for the bruises.'

'Well, normal for Dill, at least.' Tom smiled sweetly when Tilly shot him a dirty look for his comment.

Sam nudged him in the ribs. 'Don't annoy my sister. It's good to know, and the doctor's still here, and will check on him again before he leaves. He said that he will probably sedate him again for the night and then leave off in the morning. Anyhow, we need to update you on the current situation, now that this place is becoming more like a holiday camp with people coming and going all the time! For the rest of today you can do pretty much what you like, but Sky would really like a bath, if you're happy to leave Dill with me for a bit later on.'

'Sure. I was thinking it would make her feel better if I could wash her hair and get the tangles out. Do you want me to do that now?'

'She's just gone back to sleep. I suggest we ask Finn to contact you next time she is awake and you can go then. And on the subject of Finn...'

Tilly smirked. 'You were wondering what's going on with him?'

'Exactly. You've seen them both, is everything okay? We don't want to scare the poor girl.'

'You really don't need to worry about that. She's more than happy for Finn to be looking after her!'

'Really? Just keep an eye on it though, she's too weak yet to be getting involved in anything.'

'Finn won't take advantage of her, you know that. You trust the guy with your life on a mission but not with a girl?'

'I know what men are like!' replied Sam, grinning at his mate who had been taking in the conversation between the siblings.

Tom picked up on the teasing then. 'Don't tar me with that brush. I was the perfect example of restraint with you my love.'

Sam laughed loudly. 'Funny, I seem to recall you trying to pounce on me the first day you were here.'

Tom blushed slightly. 'You can't blame a guy for trying. Anyway, I was right about what you wanted, you just weren't ready to admit it.'

'Uh, guys, if you want to be reminiscing that's great, but is there other stuff I need to know?'

'Sorry sis. Mark and someone else from Council will be here tomorrow. The computer files we recovered have already been sent to them by Peter and Michael, who have been doing sterling work sorting out the stuff we brought back. The four guys we found will go back with them, but Sky is staying here for the timebeing. I'm not sure whether they will take Peter and Michael back, Mark wasn't clear on that. Most importantly though, Dill's mother and sister are coming tomorrow.'

Tilly looked a little shocked. 'We can take care of him fine without their help.'

Sam smiled. 'Don't you go getting possessive as well as Finn! We had to let them know, and there's no reason why they shouldn't visit. They are worried about him too. They should get here in the afternoon.'

Sam and Tom left then, and Tilly sat wondering what Dill's family would be like. She didn't really want to meet them while he was unconscious, especially since they might not appreciate her being there with him. At least if he was awake he could make his wishes clear. What if they didn't like her? It was his place to tell his family she was his mate, and she didn't want to do it without his permission. She'd be happy looking after him as long as he needed. She guessed that she was being a little possessive, and it was unreasonable of her to want Dill all to herself.

* * * * * *

ingarlm
ingarlm
1,056 Followers