Cats and Dogs Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers

Cassie agreed and started walking, but couldn't help wondering just how close Tilly was to her brother if she had that kind of connection to him. Seeing him awake might give her a clue. Tilly was right about him not being able to shield his feelings, and she suspected she might learn more than she wanted to from his reactions. Her thoughts were interrupted when Tilly started speaking again.

'He's calling me, so he's definitely up. I hope speaking to him can calm your mother's worries a bit, because not all of the guys are as able to keep a civil tongue as me. Come on.'

Tilly practically ran back to the house, aware that Cassie was keeping up with her. Dill was pretty insistent that she get there soon, although he didn't explain why. His mother was probably giving him grief. As she finally reached his bedroom door, she could hear Anne and as suspected she was not happy.

'Now will you leave these people and come home? We miss you and we can look after you there until you get better. Then you can work with us on the farm. It would be for the best.'

'Mum, I love you and Cassie, but I don't want to come home. What I do is important and I enjoy it.' Dill's voice was exasperated, and Anne was clearly not impressed. 'I know this doesn't look good, but it's the first time I have been injured badly. And to be honest, it's my fault for not following orders. Don't blame the others. I don't know what happened, but at least one of them saved me from being any worse.' He left out the possibility that he might have died.

He looked pleased when Tilly and Cassie entered the room. He smiled a welcome to them but both Tilly and Cassie felt his relief, and grinned back at him. Just what he needed, his lover and sister were now partners in crime. 'Hi Cass. It's good to see you. I would give you a hug, but I'm under doctors orders not to do anything like that just now.' Cassie laughed, realising he wasn't just directing that comment at her, and his feelings when he looked at Tilly were highly suggestive. She tried to put a block up. Clearly the two of them were lovers at the very least.

Dill hoped that now his mother would stop trying to persuade him to leave. Even if he didn't love his job as much as he did, he certainly loved Tilly, and there was no way he could leave her. His mother started again, so he decided to shut her up the only way he could think of. 'Tilly, didn't you say that the Alphas need to see me? I don't know how long I'll be awake for, so we should probably talk sooner rather than later. Please god, save me.' Tilly and Cassie knew he was lying, but Tilly agreed to play along, happy to get his mother out of there if all she was going to do was try and get him to leave.

'I've given them a call, they should be up in a couple of minutes. I'm sorry but you will have to leave while we discuss some things. We'll get you back in as soon as possible, but there are some matters we can't raise while you are here.'

Anne wasn't happy. 'I don't see what is so important it can't wait until my baby is better. Doesn't the Alpha understand how ill he has been?'

'We all know how badly he was hurt, yes. When I haven't been here one or other of the Alphas has been, and we've all been willing him to wake up. But there are some things they need to know now, then Dill can just concentrate on getting better.'

When Sam and Tom got to the room Anne brushed past them and out of the room without speaking. Cassie followed, an apologetic look on her face. When they shut the door behind them Sam just looked puzzled.

'What is this all about? Not that it's not good to see you back with us Dill, but we aren't quite sure why you needed to see us so urgently. Unless you just wanted rid of your mother for a bit.'

Dill looked slightly uncomfortable. 'That was part of the reason to be honest. She's driving me nuts wanting me to go back home with her and give up this dangerous life I lead. I really want to apologise though. I saw that door and it just seemed such an easy entry point, I didn't think about the fact I wouldn't have backup. And I guess I've paid for that. I'm very sorry for not obeying orders. If you want to kick me off the team I'll understand, but it won't ever happen again, and I really hope you won't.'

Tom looked at him. 'At the end of the day, it's my call whether you stay or not. I hope Sam will agree with me. I don't want to sack you Dill, and I believe if nothing else, this will have taught you to obey orders. I wish it hadn't taken something like this to make you realise we have our reasons though.'

'Thank you so much. What we do means everything to me. And speaking of which, did we do it? What happened?'

Sam smiled. 'Yes, we did everything we were asked to. We got lots of information that has gone back to HQ, and we rescued five people. Apart from you, the mission went perfectly.'

Tilly gave him a look. She didn't really want to go into that right now, but her hopes were dashed when Dill asked.

'How did I get out of there? Who saved me?'

Sam gave Tilly a look. 'You didn't tell him?'

'Obviously not.' she replied tersely.

Dill just stared at her. 'You did. Why didn't you tell me?'

'You've hardly been conscious yet. And it's not my proudest moment.' Dill looked confused. 'Of course I wanted to save you Dill, but I also wanted to kill that man and it's only thanks to Sam he's still breathing. I've never felt hatred like it, when I saw you lying there so still.' She started to shake, and Sam came across to hug her tight, ignoring the hiss of displeasure from Dill.

'It's okay. We've been through this, you didn't do it. And Tom and I are really impressed you didn't. We don't think anyone could have stopped us in the same situation. And you,' he said, turning to Dill, 'need to chill a little. I'm no threat to whatever you have going on with my sister.'

Dill managed to look a little ashamed. 'Sorry. I do know that, but I'm already fed up with other people being able to comfort her when I can't.' He continued in his head, just to Tilly. 'You know what we were planning to do when the mission was over? Now seems like a good time unless you have any objection?'

Tilly broke away from Sam a little and looked at him, shaking her head to say she didn't. Dill took a deep breath, which unfortunately only made his ribs hurt more. 'Damn ribs. Anyway, speaking of what I have going on with your sister... well...' He looked at Tilly for support, but she just seemed to be trying not to laugh. Sam and Tom were looking rather serious. He heard Tilly teasing him.

'Come on Dill, you can do it. It's not like he's gonna pummel you when you're already stuck on your back!'

Dill shot her a dirty look. 'Thanks. I was hoping for some help here, not my mate taking the piss out of me.' There was a moment's pause, when he saw the surprised look on Sam and Tom's faces. 'I said that out loud, didn't I?' They nodded, and Tilly started laughing. 'Well, at least that solves how I was going to introduce it into conversation, must be the drugs. We decided before the mission, but Tilly wanted us to speak to you two first, since technically Sam has the right of refusal. Please don't. I feel rough enough as it is.'

Sam smiled. 'I always said it was up to Tilly and I wouldn't interfere. Although I will admit I have spoken to your Alpha and asked if you are suitable. As I recall, he said that apart from your problem following orders you're okay.' He looked at Tilly then and took her arm. 'Are you sure about him?'

Tilly looked at her mate lying on the bed, his eyes pleading with her to say yes. He looked nervous as though she might actually refuse him. She put as much love as she could into her gaze to reassure him, before turning back to Sam. 'Yes, I am. He's everything to me Sam. I think you knew that already from the way I've been since he got injured.'

Sam nodded. 'I know, and to be honest it's been clear for a while you two were involved. I'm glad it's serious though. I don't like to think of anyone taking advantage of my little sister.'

Dill tried to laugh, but found it too painful. 'There's no chance of that. She sure made me prove myself before I got anywhere near her. Although I do have you two to thank for her eventually giving in.'

'Dill' Tilly growled. 'You can stop talking now, if you ever want to get near me again.' She shot him a look that made him shut up, but she could tell from the twinkle in his eyes he was amused at being able to tease her.

Sam just laughed. 'I probably don't want to know more anyway! Is that all for now, because if so we'll leave you two new mates to it?'

'Congratulations' added Tom, before they left the room, leaving Tilly on her own with Dill for the first time since he woke up.

She smiled at him. 'That wasn't so bad. Shame we can't put the seal on it, but in a few weeks...'

Dill groaned. 'It's not fair! Can you at least get in here with me for a bit?'

Tilly shook her head. 'Sorry, no. Even me moving around could hurt you and I don't want to do that. We're just going to have to be good for a while.' She stared at Dill as he made some strange movements with his mouth. 'What are you doing?'

'Just checking. My lips don't hurt.' he said, giving her a come hither look.

Tilly laughed. 'Okay, but if anything hurts I will know, and I will stop.'

'Deal.'

Tilly walked over to the bed and knelt down next to it, trying to get in a position where she could kiss Dill without putting any weight on his injured body, or the bed around him either. Eventually she found it, and brushed her lips gently over his, making both of them moan at the contact after the trauma of the last couple of days. Dill pressed his lips back to hers and licked her, making her open up to him. She eagerly did so, letting their tongues and lips work together in a gentle but passionate kiss. She gently stroked one hand into his hair, unable to resist the urge to touch him.

Tilly felt the pain rising in Dill but he didn't acknowledge it and tried to keep kissing her when she pulled back. 'You're hurting babe.' she explained.

'Damn, I hoped I could keep that from you. It's okay, honestly.'

'Was I touching somewhere painful, or is it just time for more painkillers?'

Dill went a bit red. 'It's probably time for the tablets, but it's more a matter of what we were doing causing a reaction, and it made me hurt.'

Tilly looked confused, until she followed Dill's gaze and saw his dick was almost fully erect under his covers. He grinned. 'Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, it turns out getting an erection pulls on some muscles that are bruised.'

'I'm sorry Dill.'

'Don't worry. I really don't mind, although it's going to be tough not being able to do anything about it just yet. Come back here for a bit.' He managed to lift his uninjured arm slightly, and moved it so he could stroke her arm gently. The look on his face persuaded her back down to kiss him. She still felt that he was uncomfortable but he was trying to keep control of his reactions.

They kissed for a few more minutes, but had to stop suddenly when the door to Dill's room swung open. Tilly turned around fast, thinking it was Sam and Tom trying to get her back for earlier. It was much worse. Dill's mum stood in the doorway with a face like thunder, Cassie behind her trying to stifle a fit of giggles. Tilly couldn't help going red or feeling guilty, even though she hadn't been doing anything wrong. Dill just stared at his mother, cursing her bad timing. She didn't look happy though.

'Well, it seems you have an unusual idea of what nursing a patient involves.' she said, directing her anger at Tilly.

Dill wasn't going to take that. 'She has a very good idea of what taking care of her mate means though, and I don't want you to talk to her like that when she's family.'

Anne looked really shocked at his comment. 'She's your mate?' she asked, still clearly not impressed.

'Yes, she is. And she's another good reason I won't leave this place or my job. I need to be with her as much as I need to do my work, in fact a lot more.'

'And you weren't going to discuss this with me, as head of our family?'

'Tom is my Alpha. I have his blessing, and that of Tilly's. You are the only other person to know so far. There is nothing to discuss, she's mine and I'm hers.' He gave Tilly a look that was filled with so much love and caring it made her warm inside, and she smiled.

Cassie broke the awkward silence. 'Well, I'm really glad that Dill has found someone who will put up with him. It explains a lot of what you were saying earlier Tilly. I wondered about how strong your connection to him was.'

'Sorry not to tell you, but we'd decided to discuss it with the Alphas after our mission, and we didn't get the opportunity until just now.' Tilly turned to Anne, wanting to try and make a good impression on her even if so far it hadn't been going well. 'I'm sorry you found out this way, but I want you to know, I love Dill so much, and I want to be a part of your family as well and get to know you all. I know you don't like what we do, but we make a difference, and we want to do that together.'

Anne's face did soften a little. 'Actually, I hate that Dill does this job, and the fact that his family is less important than his team. I can't accept the idea that Tom has more say over what my son does than I do, even though that's Dill's choice. But, if he chooses you for a mate, I can't help but be happy that he has found someone special in his life. I won't pretend I like what you do either, but I'd like to get to know you too.' She ended with the first smile that anyone had seen from her since she got there.

Tilly couldn't help smiling back, partly out of relief. She glanced over to Dill to check his reaction to his mother's comments, but there wasn't one because he had fallen back to sleep. She started laughing. 'He's gone again!' she looked back to Anne. 'Do you mind staying with him for a bit? I need to check up on our other invalid, and find out what else has been going on while I've been here. It sounds like the Council have made some decisions that as Second I should know about.'

'You're a Second?' asked Anne and Cassie almost at the same moment.

Tilly grinned, amused at the dual question. 'Yes, I am Second to Sam. He and I have worked together a long time. The other wolves work well under the pair of us.'

'Other wolves? Aren't you panther?' Anne said, looking rather concerned.

'Sorry, I forget not everyone knows the story. Yes, I'm panther, but I was adopted by wolves so I'm Sam's sister. I guess that's one of many things we can discuss as we get to know each other.'

She left Dill's family just looking at each other, trying to work that one out, and headed down to the office where she knew Sam and Tom were. Mindful of her last entry, this time she knocked and waited, hearing Sam call her in after a moment. She entered to see them clothed and not in the middle of anything, although judging by their slightly swollen lips they had been snogging before she got there. She smiled at them.

'See, I remembered to knock this time! I wanted to know what orders have come in from Council. I saw Peter and Michael outside so I know about them, but is there anything else?'

Sam and Tom grinned at each other, clearly pleased with what they had to say. Sam started to tell her.

'Aside from the new trainees, the better news is that our teams are staying together. So you and Dill don't need to split up, and neither do we.'

Tilly couldn't help grinning either, that news was great for her as well. She'd been thinking so much about Dill being injured she hadn't considered that their mission was over and the Council might want to break the teams up. 'That's fantastic! What's happening with the ones we rescued?'

Tom took up the story. 'The four men are leaving today with Mark and Sandra. Sky will have to go to HQ to talk to them when she is better, but in the meantime she stays here, and once they've found out what they need to know it's up to her. She has nowhere else to go, and if she and Finn want to, we'll offer her the chance to stay here.'

Tilly was even more pleased at that news. 'Seems like it's going to work out well for everybody then. All we have to do is get Dill and Sky back on their feet.'

Sam laughed. 'And we may have forgotten to mention, we also have a minimum six week break, so that should help.'

'Is it Christmas? That's a lot of good news for one day!'

'The Council are really pleased with what we achieved, and they need time to digest the information. Plus Mark is on our side, and he's been pressing for the teams to combine more permanently. We may get a call when they've got some more details from it. I suppose it will depend on what they find out and whether we've shut down the operation entirely. I hope that at the very least they will find out enough from the stuff we've provided to do just that.'

Tilly hugged both of them. 'I hope so too, but I think we can finally celebrate! It's been a crazy few months, but we're finally through it all, and it's time for us to relax, and for new beginnings for all of us. Much as it's been tough, I can't help thinking this whole thing was fate. Otherwise how come we've all ended up with the loves of our lives!'

ingarlm
ingarlm
1,059 Followers