Caught in the Middle

Story Info
Kara and James meet, will Mac interfere with their future?
2.2k words
4.4
8.4k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hey Everyone, This is my first time posting so let me know if you like it by commenting and voting. Please keep your comments constructive!

I hope you enjoy. THANKS!

*******

Kara woke up and glared at her alarm clock, silently hoping that it would shut off by itself. Realizing that she would actually have to emerge from her warm cocoon to shut the annoying thing off, she groaned, hit the button and rolled out of bed.

After a quick shower she grabbed books and headed to class. Even though it was early Kara loved going to her first class, She loved math to her it was simple and it always made sense to her. Life was complicated, math was not. Her Trigonometry class was, in her opinion, the best way to start the day.

The semester had just started and this was only the third time this class was meeting. She was already in love with the class though, she may not love getting up so early, but she did love the class itself. She sat down in the back row of room 218 and waited for class to begin.

***********

James looked for a seat from the doorway of room 218 and spotted the corner seat in the back row. He sat down just as the teacher began speaking. He quickly toned out the teacher and turned his thoughts inward. He hadn't wanted to take a math class at all, but his adviser told him that he needed it to graduate on time. Seeing as how this was his last semester, it seemed he had little choice in the matter. His placement test had landed him in this Trig class and he was planning on only doing enough to pass the class.

He had dodged his math requirements for his entire college career but it seemed he couldn't any longer. He generally didn't care much about his classes, but his parents approved of it and it gave him something to do. As the next alpha of Wheeler pack it was a good idea to go to college and at least complete a business degree.

His wolf was having a hard time coping with all the indoor time though. His wolf understood that is would make him a better Alpha and their pack stronger, but there were still times when James had to have a little talk with his animal side.

His thoughts were halted as a breeze brought him the most beautiful scent that he had ever tasted. The combined aroma of jasmine and heather swamped his senses his wolf's ears perked up and he howled inside James' head. James' wolf urged James to track the scent and claim whoever it belonged to, because the women who owned that scent was the woman they wanted forever.

His eyes searched the room and honed in on the woman sitting two seats away from him. She was beautiful with red curly hair that waved down her back nestling just above her pert round ass. Her profile gave him the impression of an angel. A small straight nose bordered by high cheek bones and arching eyebrows. As she turned slightly toward him he caught the steel gray color of her eyes. Her bottom lip was caught by her teeth as she concentrated on the problem before her.

He wanted to taste the sweetness of those bow lips. Her pale complexion was littered with freckles and he wanted to kiss every one. Her high perky breast were beautifully formed and they were the perfect counterpoint to her tiny waist and lush bottom. Her obviously long legs further accentuated her athletic curves and he wanted to grab her and lay her across the desk so he could part those never ending legs and dive into the sweetness that they guarded.

He knew that it would be inappropriate to take her there but his human brain didn't particularly care, and his wolf was being very encouraging, but he knew that to do that would embarrass his mate and that was what kept him in his seat for the rest of the 3 hour long class.

He knew he could not mess up. He spent those hours strategizing over how he would approach her and eventually make her his. Finally the teacher let them leave and he was able to approach her.

"Hi, I'm James," he started, "I just added this class to my schedule yesterday, and I was wondering if we could get together and you could help me catch up with the work."

Kara stopped hearing him after the word "hi" she had no idea what he was asking. Her hearing had disappeared the moment that she looked up at him. He was absolutely magnificent. Standing at six foot, four inches, he easily dwarfed her own five foot, eleven inch frame. His t-shirt showed his well-defined biceps and his broad shoulders tapered down to an ass that was perfectly hugged by the jeans slung in his hips. Just staring at him made her insides get all tingly. His shaggy black hair framed his face and his bright green eyes stared at her as she watched his finely shaped lips form around the words he was saying. That was when she realized that he was talking to her and she quickly brought her attention back to what he was saying.

"I'm sorry," she said, "I completely spaced out. What sis you say?"

"Since I registered for this class late, could you help me catch up on the material?" he asked. "Oh yeah, I can do that. Do you have time later today? I'm free after three o'clock" she responded trying not to sound like more of a complete idiot in front of him.

"Three sounds perfect. I can come to your dorm and we can go off campus."

"That sounds good. I live in Harley, room 340. By the way I'm Kara." She stuck out her hand for a shake.

"I'm James, I'll see you later." He walked away leaving her staring after him until he disappeared around the corner of the hallway towards the building exit. She quickly came back to her senses and realized that if she didn't hurry she would be late for her next class. She ran out the door, hoping that she wouldn't miss anything important in the first two minutes of her next class.

********

James walked into the IT building and headed to Brandon's desk. "I need to know everything about a girl named Kara who is in my Trig class. I mean EVERYTHING." He waited for his Beta to respond.

"Brandon!" He yelled

"Oh, yes sir. Just let me pull up your classes roll list and I'll look it up....You said Kara?"

"Yea, Kara. I need to know everything you can find out about her from what her major is to what she normally buys at the grocery store every week."

"Well, I just pulled up her transcripts, student info, her application, and her social sites. She seems like a pretty normal girl. She has great grades, nothing extraordinary though. She's a decent looking gi—"at that moment Brandon found himself slammed against the wall as the air rushed out of his lungs. James had his face nose to nose with Brandon's and James' hand was wrapped around his neck slowly squeezing as his eyes flickered from green to black. James was trying to calm hi wolf down. His wolf was incensed with Brandon's comments though at it was proving difficult.

"That woman in MY MATE! I never want to hear another word or thought from you thinking of her as ordinary." Brandon audibly gulped and bared his neck to James in a show of submission. "I'm sorry sir. I had no idea that she was Madam Alpha. Congratulations. I will print out all of her information, is there anything else you need Alpha?"

"No, that's really all. Oh! I need a car brought around so I can pick her up at three."

"Ok, no problem would you like your Corvette or something else?"

"I'll use one of the pack sedans. Keep it simple for now. I would also like a little bit of security to be placed around her dorm and classes. Just a pack member or two at least in the building, maybe somebody she already has classes with or that lives in her dorm."

"Of course sir. In fact my sister lives in her dorm and would be more than happy to keep an eye out for her and I believe that Haley also has a class of two with her. I'll call her and tell her what the situation is. I'll have the rest of it covered by tomorrow. There will also be a Ford Focus outside your apartment at 2:45"

"Thanks Brandon, and tell Haley thanks for me too, it will help sleep at least a little better."

*******

Through all the rest of her classes Kara couldn't concentrate. All she could think about was how handsome James was, how lucky she was to see him again and what she would wear when she was helping him with the class work. She was so distracted that her American Literature teacher had to call her name four times in order to get her opinion on Mark Twain's writing style.

Kara was relieved when her last class of the day got out at two. She hurried to her dorm and prayed that her fried Mac was out of class. She needed his help on her outfit since he knew her closet almost as well as she did. His style sense was amazing. Kara rushed down the hallway and poked her head into the room next to hers.

"Hey Mac, I need your help with something. Come over to my room, please?" Mac looked up from the book he was reading on his bed, "Sure, I'll be right there."

Kara nodded and ran into her room. Mac watched her leave and wondered what she was so excited about. Mac and Kara hung out a lot together since they were so close. Mac thought that Kara was amazing but he kept his distance. His kind wouldn't take well to him being attached to a human, even if he was a lone vampire and couldn't and didn't belong to a coven.

Mac cared about Kara a lot and he wanted to there for her no matter what. Being around Kara kept him feeling light and happy. Her cheerfulness was contagious and he loved soaking in it. As he pushed open her door he was stopped in mid-step. Kara was standing in the middle of her room in only a matching black lace underwear and matching bra.

"Oh there you are." She turned to him, "I need your help picking out an outfit. I got asked to help this really hot guy in my trig-"

"Kara! Yo-you're naked! Put some clothes on! I am a guy!"

"Oh please Mac, you're like an older brother. Besides I don't have anything the multitudes of women you've slept with don't have." And just like that another reminder of why Mac could never have Kara. Kara only thought of him as a sibling, which was ok. It made it easier to protect her. Mac may not be able to have her for himself but he would keep her safe and ensure that she would always be happy. He was shaken out of his thoughts by Kara calling for his attention.

"Mac, Mac!" she clapped her hands in front of him. "Oh, yea. What did you say?"

"Which outfit?" Mac settled his gaze on the clothes laid out on the bed and tried to keep it there. Looking at her would be a mistake.

After several seconds consideration he pointed to a pair of blue jeans and a bright blue tank top. "Those jeans make your ass look amazing and that tank top will set off your skin tone. Then just wear your white sandals."

"Oh! That's great! You're amazing. That would have taken me forever to figure out."

Mac nodded and sat down on a stray chair as she talked about classes and about the guy she was going to be helping. Five minutes later she walked out of the bathroom with her hair slightly curled, her makeup touched up and she looked raring to go.

"You look magnificent!" Mac complimented as he stepped forward and gave her a hug. "It's all because of you!" She giggled and kissed him on the cheek. Just then a knock on the door brought their attention to the clock. Kara looked at Mac, gave him a smile and strode to the door, books in hand. On the other side stood James looking absolutely amazing to Kara.

***********

As the door opened James immediately looked Kara up and down. Damn my mate looks so edible. How am I going to concentrate? His thoughts changed the minute his senses told him there was someone else in the room. He looked over his head and his eyes locked with a tall blond man standing behind her. Tension shot down his spine. Vampire! James was rocked out of his thoughts by Kara's words.

"Are we all ready to go?" she asked. "Oh, yea you?" he replied. "Yep! I got my books and notes." She shifted her books to the other arm.

"Ok, let's go." He guided her in front of him and shot a back look over his shoulder at the blond vampire watching their departure.