Celestial Wars Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Noble_Truth
Noble_Truth
2,025 Followers

"I'm surprised he hasn't come to find us," Jon said suddenly.

His voice was a welcome break in the monotony.

"We don't know where he is Jon," I said softly, ready to defend my Master, "He might be safe but unable to travel back to us."

Jon shook his head, "I know we don't know anything for sure, but Devnik can travel great distances at a moment's notice. His magic has few limits."

I shrugged, and voiced a concern that had crept into my mind unbidden, "Maybe my wish sent him back down to hell?" I asked.

Again his head shook in the negative, "No, I'm almost positive that your wish would have sent him to his house in Ireland. That was where he first crossed from Hell to Earth, and he is at his strongest and safest there."

I nodded and looked back at the road, "I'm sure he has his reasons Jon," I replied sleepily.

The butler shrugged and fell silent. He wrapped his hands around in the reigns.

***

We didn't reach a village like we had hoped we would before the horses tired. Jon decided that a small stream a few paces into the wood away from the road would be ideal. The ancient man's young face looked haggard as he unbuckled the horses from their carriage and brushed them down.

When he was done the beasts trod over to the stream and began to take water.

I was tasked with gathering small twigs and brambles so that we might have a fire for the night. My mind wandered back to my Master and the ease at which he commanded fire.

My sex pulsed and I felt a wave of arousal travel from my belly to my breasts. It would do no good to think of him, I reminded myself. This excitement is empty without him.

Jon sat down next to me as I began to arrange the brambles and stones I had collected.

"I don't have any flint or tinder," Jon said, "Do you think you can use magic? I haven't used my blade to strike a fire in decades and I would rather not dull the edge."

"I don't know the Angelic words for fire," I said glumly. My vocabulary was rather limited. The only words I knew were 'free me.'

Jon leaned back against a tree trunk and straightened his long legs. I sat down on the ground and stretched mine out as well. My dress flared up my legs, exposing a great deal of thigh.

In my current state of exhaustion I didn't care. Besides, I was no lady. The ex-whore in me giggled.

The butler smiled, "I don't think magic requires the words of Heaven or Hell to work. I think it is more an exercise of will."

I eyed him suspiciously, "Are you questioning my strength of mind Jon?" I asked icily.

He gave a great belly laugh, and after a moment I joined him.

A voice shot out from amongst the trees, "Hello the camp!" Cried a voice tinged with an English accent.

Jon shared a brief look of puzzlement with me before he replied, "Hello the traveler!" he replied loudly, with his hands cupped about his mouth.

Out from the underbrush came a rather bedraggled looking traveler. His dirty blond hair was mussed and had a leaf nestled in it. His clothes looked dirt stained and well worn.

At his hip a rusty sword swung loosely on a belt.

I quickly glanced at Jon's sword next to his feet...and reassured myself that we were not without protection. Again, I missed my Master, and the overwhelming safety he could provide.

"I'm afraid we don't have much to offer stranger," Jon said wearily as he got to his feet, "We don't have any fare with us," he paused and looked down at our unlit fire, "I'm afraid we don't have a tinderbox to offer you a fire either."

The dirty blond haired laughed, "Perhaps I can be of some assistance somehow," he replied as he unbuckled his sword from his hip."

Jon tensed, and with a neat flick of his foot he kicked his sword up into his hands.

"Peace my friend," said the stranger, "I simply need the pommel of my sword, a handful of that dried grass, and the stone next to my lady's foot."

Jon relaxed slightly, "I thought about doing it the old traveler's way...but it has been so long I didn't know if I could do it."

The man nodded, "Some skills fade with time," he said in a faraway voice.

With that, the ragged man went about his business, and within a minute he had the dry grass spitting up glowing embers. Within three a small fire crackled.

The man sat, "There," he said, "That should keep the cold away. Name's Daniel by the way," he said with a nod to each of us.

"Jon," said my companion.

"And I am Maria," I said with a small smile.

True night had fallen, and the fire's glow seemed to be all one could see.

"Thank you for your help," Jon said, "I wish we had something to offer you, but I spoke truly when I said we have no food."

The man shrugged, "In truth, providing me with company and conversation will be enough, my trade does not leave me much time to simply talk."

"What do you do Monsieur?" I asked. I decided I liked this man, despite being rough around the edges.

Daniel shrugged, "Oh, I must beg your pardon my lady, but I am hesitant these days to discuss my profession. Many don't believe me when I tell them, and those that do shun me...but the people who have seen what I have seen thank me."

Now I had to know, "Please Monsieur, we will give you the benefit of the doubt."

He seemed to pause, and then decide.

Daniel smiled, "Tell me my lady, do you believe in Monsters?"

My mind instantly flashed to Devnik. I could see his blood red eyes glowing beneath his dark locks, and the fearsome bolts of magic he had hurled at Cariel. Then my mind flashed, and I was pinned to the bed, his arms around my wrists like shackles as he pounded into my body. I could feel him sinking into my wet and throbbing core...sounds of moisture revealing my humiliating level of arousal.

Yes, I believed in monsters. I waited for one to visit my dreams each night.

"Why, yes Monsieur Daniel," I said slowly, "I think monsters must exist, especially when I am out in a dark wood."

Daniel smiled, "That's good," he said lightly, "You will have no problem believing me when I tell you my profession."

He leaned closer, as if whispering an illicit secret, "I'm a Monster Hunter."

-Daniel Fleeting-

'These two reek of magic,'I thought to myself and Vraiel.

They were an unlikely pair. The man was wearing the common cuffs and coat of a Parisian Butler. He had thick dark brown hair with matching brown eyes. His face was riddled with scars, all of them looked old and well healed. He had seen violence early in life.

That and his little trick with his sword made me keep my eye on him.

'There is something amiss with his ring,'Vraiel whispered in my head so I wouldn't miss any of the conversation being spoken aloud.

'Magic?'I queried silently.

'If it is, it is buried too deeply in the metal, and I cannot get a feel for it,'replied Vraiel.

"Would you be an official Hunter then?" Jon asked slowly.

Inwardly I smiled, it would have been much harder if they hadn't risen up to my probing about the supernatural, and had pretended to be unaware.

"Why, yes I am," I said as I rolled back my sleeve to reveal my right wrist.

A small tattoo of a weeping eye glimmered in the firelight.

Jon leaned forward to get a better look, then sat back with a grunt of affirmation. "That looks real enough for me," he said.

"What does a Monster Hunter do?" asked the girl.

I gave the young woman an assessing look.

She looked to be about eighteen, maybe nineteen. Here light blue eyes were incredibly pale, and her blonde wavy hair shimmered all the way down to her lower back. She was beautiful in the way an Angel might be. Less desirable because of overwhelming perfection.

"Why, hunt monsters of course," I said with my best roguish smile and teasing in my voice.

Maria rolled her eyes, "Of course monsieur," she said with bite in her voice, "I perhaps meant to say what does a Monster Hunter hunt for?"

I shrugged, "Whatever I am paid for. Humans are at a disadvantage traditionally when facing the supernatural. I use my experience to help diffuse that disadvantage."

I paused, partly for dramatic effect, partly so I could come up with an unbiased list my kills.

This would be so much easier if I could tell an outright lie. But the Light cannot lie.

"I've killed primarily Imps and Wraiths," I said listing off the most common Monster Hunter quarrys, "But I have dispatched a few sprites, fae and even one Angel."

Jon raised an eyebrow, "A Monster Hunter who's killed an Angel?" Jon said, "Now I've heard everything."

I shrugged, "He was a Fifth Sphere Legionnaire," I said, "Luck was on my side that day," I said the last with a wink at Maria.

Her mouth turned down slightly.

'That one has the Prince of Destruction's magic clinging to her like a second skin,'Vraiel whispered in my head.

That was startling.

My Angel continued,'I can sense nothing of the girl underneath his magic. It is thick and protective. This girl might just be the Demon's newest lover.'

Jon suddenly spoke, "Would you be averse to taking a job that isn't a hunt?" He asked slowly.

Just as planned.

"Not if the money is good," I said simply, as if gold truly mattered. That was almost a lie, and the words felt dry in my throat.

Jon grinned, now he thought he understood me. He was a man who liked to understand things...I could tell.

Jon said, "Then I would like to offer you a job."

-Alarial-

I thought it was an excellent idea.

Jon explained to Daniel that we were trying to get to Northern Ireland to return me to a magical entity of great power, and that we needed protection along the way. He never mentioned Devnik's name, he simply insinuated that some 'Monsters' might be after me because of my importance to this unnamed entity.

Daniel shrugged in a very mercenary sort of way, and said he would be agreeable if the price was right. Jon pulled three livre from the jewelry bag and placed them in Daniel's hand.

Our new companion smiled and a bargain was struck.

We had hired some new protection.

Before Jon put me in the carriage to sleep for the night he explained that I was vulnerable since I didn't know how to use my magic, and he could use an extra sword should things become unpleasant.

He assured me the Monster Hunter's guild was impartial to both the Light and the Dark.

I nodded, and Jon departed the carriage and left me to my coming dreams.

***

I was lying on a bed of black silk.

Devnik was standing next to me. He was talking, but all I could hear was a melodic murmur...noise without meaning. I lifted up on one elbow, and watched him as he talked. Still his voice was lost to me. I felt like a beast, some wild animal that couldn't understand the words of men.

Instead, I admired my Master.

He was gorgeous, and I found my eyes wandering about his strong pale chest, with his pecs clearly defined, and his shoulders strong and broad. I felt feminine and cared for in his arms, as he suddenly crushed me to him. His embrace was at once possessive and loving.

My Master playfully flicked my nipple, and I felt the sharp sting as my breast swayed and rippled supply. He bent down and licked the offended breast...and I moaned helplessly into him.

I loved it when he took control. I didn't want it...I just wanted to be his instrument.

I could feel myself moisten and open. My sex craved him like some men craved ale.

He was masterful. In both a slightly intimidating way and a loving way. My responses seemed primal, like I couldn't stop them anymore than I could command a star to fall. I felt his hand slide over the rounded globes of my buttocks. For a moment I wanted to cover myself...I was too sensitive...too wet...I couldn't be so vulnerable to him.

"Spread your legs," my Master said in his natural cool tone that reminded me of brisk nights and cold grass.

My legs fell apart, and I bared my glistening cunt to him. It pulsed and contracted for him...trying to persuade him to make use of it. But...there was another desire. Beneath my skin my blood was boiling. A very dark part of me wanted him to drink from my veins again.

It was an act I never thought would turn me on...but I felt that insidious desire ringing clear and true throughout my being. I wanted to see my blue blood on his lips. I wanted to give him everything.

My eyes found his, I was silently begging for more.

Finally his cock was inside me. I was riveted to him, as I watched as his body pistoned in and out of me. At this moment, I had completely surrendered. Everything that I was...was his. My body was loose and accepting. The pain and pleasure of his girth mixed into an exquisite sensation of being gloriously full, and then desperate and empty. Scalding hot seed was painting my insides when I awoke.

***

-Daniel Fleeting-

At dawn we rose to meet the beckoning road.

We were all bleary eyed and restless. Muscles we had forgotten ached after a night sleeping in the wilderness. I, however, was content. My two traveling companions had bought my ruse and I was being driven to my target in comfort on a carriage.

Jon and I sat upon the driving bench of the carriage while the Demon's sinful lover sat within. The girl didn't sit well with me. She was too beautiful to be so stupid and sinful as to sleep with the Demon Prince.

Still... I suppose looks can be deceiving.

Jon and I talked of small things and revealed even smaller ones.

I asked him if he preferred beer to wine. He asked me if I preferred songs or mummery.

He preferred wine.

I preferred songs.

Maria didn't emerge to join us.

***

We passed through a village at an awkward part of the day. It was just after lunch, and Jon felt like we would be wasting too much light to simply stop here for the day.

We bought food, and ate bread and drank spiced cider as our carriage carried on through the village and back into the forested road.

"How did you kill the Angel?" Jon asked. He had finished his second cup of cider, and he looked more relaxed. Lines of stress that had pressed down on his forehead had lifted, and he gave me a genuine smile.

I shrugged, and called up a memory that Vraiel hated.

'Go ahead and tell him Daniel,'Vraiel whispered in my mind,'That was a long time ago...another life.'

"I had been judged," I said softly, "By a Judicar."

Jon slipped me a look. His mouth was full of bread, but I could tell he was readjusting his opinion of me.

"Never met a Judicar," Jon said casually, "But if I did I'd run in the other direction."

Smart... but I won't let you run.

"Well, I had done some bad things in my youth, and I was judged to die. I escaped the Judicar but the Celestial Mandate was still on my head. Eventually a Legionnaire was dispatched to fulfill it."

"How did you survive?" Jon asked, thoroughly curious.

I shrugged, "I purchased some bottled Hellfire from a Warlock in Constantinople. The bottle hit the bored and distracted Legionnaire in the face. He thought when I saw him I would die quietly. I buried him while he burned."

"Bottled Hellfire," Jon mused aloud. "I suppose that would work."

Something far flung and long forgotten itched at the back of my memory. Jon reminded me of someone, but that memory was lost in five hundred years of living.

***

We saw the cottage in the dying light of the late afternoon. There was a well, which meant water.

Jon was yawing, and practically falling asleep at the reins.

Maria poked her head out of the carriage window, "This cottage looks like as good a place as any. Let's ask them if we can impose ourselves on their grounds."

"That would probably be best," Jon said as he pulled the carriage to a halt outside of the cottage.

With slow movements, Jon hefted himself down from the driver's bench, and moved to knock on the door.

Maria had climbed out of the carriage, and was stretching out her legs and arms.

A middle aged woman opened the cottage door before Jon could reach it. From what I could see around Jon's back, the woman was quite striking.

She had straight black hair that fell like a liquid down to her shoulders. Her dark hair was contrasted by bright penetrating green eyes.

About her face a few wrinkles brushed the corners of her eyes and mouth, making it impossible to judge her age.

"If you are selling something monsieur," the lady began in a voice of a queen, "I can tell you right now that I want for nothing, and that I am not buying."

Her eyes landed on Maria who looked like she might be limbering up for a performance, "Nor do I have any coins for a traveling troop, no matter how prettily she might..." the woman trailed off. Maria had turned around to look at this imperious woman.

Jon made a placating gesture, "We are no traveling merchants nor actors," Jon said, "We simply wish for a place to stay out of the wilderness proper. We can pay you for allowing us to make camp near the cottage, and for the use of your well."

The lady shook herself, and tore her gaze from Maria back to Jon.

"Let's see the money then."

***

-Alarial-

The water from the well was sweet and cool.

I shivered slightly as the chilled water and the bracing late afternoon air touched me. The sun dappled the cottage through the tree tops, and lazy smoke drifted from the chimney.

Jon and Daniel were talking by the well. The two seemed to get along well. They were both swordsmen, and they were both immersed in supernatural affairs.

I was surprised that Jon, who was half a millennium old, found it very interesting to talk to a man in his late twenties.

Daniel himself was a bit odd, but not in a bad way. Every once in a while he would disappear into his head, and look startled when anyone tried to break his reverie. Perhaps memories of past Monsters distracted him.

The cottage door opened, and the woman, who we learned was a widow, emerged with a tray of teacups in hand. The cups looked all mismatched. There was one cup of white porcelain, one cup made of hard iron, and another one that was dark green and made of jade.

She must not get many visitors.

"I made tea," she said, "My well is not worth the money you gave me, but I appreciate it nonetheless. Please accept a little of my hospitality."

Jon nodded, and Daniel treated the lady to a wide smile. Daniel probably fancied her.

She handed Jon the cup of iron, and Daniel the cup of porcelain.

She turned to me and smiled, "For you too my dear," she said as she proffered the last cup.

I tried my best to return her smile. My dreams still clawed at the back of my mind. The awakening bond still made me ache for my Master.

I reached out, and grasped the cup.

My hand went numb as a searing cold crawled up my arm. The hand I had taken the cup with felt frozen, as if it were made of immobile stone, rather than my flesh.

I looked up at the woman. Her smile was fierce and twisted. "I know what you are girl," she snarled.

The cold reached my face, and I knew no more.

Chapter 4

Black Flames

-The Royalty of the Dark were once Angels. Betrayal sent them to Hell, but it was Hell that corrupted them. They are the original Fallen. Other Angels have been corrupted by Hell since, but none can compare to the Original Ten. They are to be scorned. They are to be pitied.-A scrap of Parchment that burned at Alexandria-

-Devnik-

I had almost forgotten.

Strange really...how I could have almost forgotten. Like a piece of gristle between a tooth, or a pain that lingered and wouldn't go away, I had learned to ignore it...almost.

I was sitting with my legs crossed, in a room with no doors nor windows. It was perfectly dark.

Noble_Truth
Noble_Truth
2,025 Followers