Champion of the Goddess Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He looked at Jonni, "How are you handling jobs?"

She looked at Raven, "What do you mean by jobs?"

He called out, "Flar what is your job?"

He laughed, "Cook and driving the wagon."

He called out "Anna?"

She responded, "Gathering firewood, sawing it."

He called out "Rhonda."

She thought, "I tended to the smoker's part of the time last time. I probably should again as we do not have a second arcane."

He looked at Pine, "What would be a job for a Ranger in camp?"

She thought, "Tending to the animals."

He smiled, "Also splitting wood."

He looked at Jonni, "Your job is every job in the camp. You have to be able to fill any role from feeding the animals, getting the horses harnessed and hooked to the wagons, to learning about cooking, the smokers, and all of it.

My job is to train. Mary will be hunting and setting up snares and warning lines around our camp. You have the funds to get the stuff early this time. Not like Shia and the other rogues last time." She nodded.

He looked around, "Who evaluates the horses?"

Pine looked at Raven, "A ranger would but I do not know that much about it."

He nodded, "I will teach you. You are correct you will do that for all the horses and ponies. Which means you will be where Jonni?"

She smiled, "With you and Pine."

Everyone was armored up. "To the tanks. New magic item. Think store armor."

The upper half went into one and lower into the other. Flar lifts his arms, "Has all the weight of the armor in my arms."

He nodded. "Think Armor on" they were dress in mere seconds. "The only thing you can do while that is going on, stand. You are essentially flat-footed. But to wake to a fight. Better one round. The next thing is the guard shifts. Two on every shift.

Three shifts. The Ranger and I will go out first one morning then the next day the rogue will go with me. Raise your hand if you should never be in a mid-shift guard position?"

The two clerics and Raven raise a hand. "The ranger will be in that role later when she gets spells. I will never be on a guard shift because I am on every guard shift with my raven.

That and I leave ahead of the group in the morning with the ranger or the rouge to scout and find food. One cleric should be on the first shift. The other cleric should be on the third shift. The question is, which cleric on which shift Jonni?"

She looked over, "The dwarf, Flar, should be on third shift so he can start preparing food. Right?"

He nodded, "Once you know jobs, who has spells. The ranger or rogue will be on the third shift as well. The other leaving with me. That puts two fighters in the middle watch. The barbarian as a constant on the first watch."

He looked at Jonni, "Starting to feel more like a leader now?"

She nodded, "I have a framework of how to do these things and those things I need to learn."

He nodded, "Then comes challenges, being attacked, tree down across the road, weather, you get the idea. Flar how many horses you need for the wagon? I am replacing the four on it as I do not like them."

He smiled, "6, 4 to pull and 2 spared to rotate in and in case we lose one."

Raven nodded, "That leaves 6 of us on horses and 1 on a pony. What kind of spares should we have Jonni and then does Pine agree?"

Joni thought, "Probably 2-3 spare horses and an extra pony."

Pine looked at Raven, "I would say just 2 spare horses and an extra pony."

He looked at Pine, "Why so definitive?"

She shrugged, "If it came down to it one of the fighters can ride with the cleric." He nodded, "She is correct for that reason and we mentioned earlier someone would be tending the smokers; that gets you an extra horse. Those are portable and in the back of the wagon. I have them built in every group I run with.

We can smoke meat as we go and we hopefully do not have to dip into dry rations much. If the rogue was not hunting, we could take out the extra pony. The rogue needs to learn how to hunt."

He looked at Flar, "What is different about this starting point, from our last starting point?"

Flar thought, "The biggest difference is it is cooler here."

He nodded, "So what should be pick up extras of and for whom Jonni?"

Joni looked at me, "Heavy blankets for everyone."

He looked at Pine, "Do you agree, pretty ranger?"

She smiled and shook her head, "Plus an extra for every horse and pony. They will crowd together for warmth but the blankets do not hurt to have. Better safe than sorry."

He looked at the room, "We need to leave a guard on the room who should it be? Also, how many days' worth of dry rations would you have for everyone within the party?"

She looked around, "The two fighters and clerics will want to get shields. You are teaching Pine and myself so that leave the rouge."

He smiled, "Her name is Mary and she is my true love. She wanted a life without creating children so she went halfling this life. Also, Anna would be a good choice. Only one otherwise they will be naked and all over each other."

The ladies laughed except for Jonni and Pine.

He looked at them, "They have a history of enjoying each other's company in the last life. I will keep the bag for now. I expect to see the dwarves in an hour or two to pick up their gear. Flar has got a virgin to pop if I had to guess."

Anna smiled, "He never gets a virgin with that thing so I am doing that for him this life."

He kissed her forehead, "I am off limits to you this life. You are with Flar."

She smiled, "I know and that was what I wanted for this life. Just one guy if you will and see how that goes. Marshal stuck by to level 15 but we knew he would be a leader or trainer somewhere else. I did carry 3 children for him last life, which he appreciated, unlike Gardner. I wanted one who has always been there for me."

He smiled at her, "Your room is down the hall so you 2 can go get to rutting around." She laughed and the 2 of them went off and he got a nod from Flar.

Raven knew he was happy that he would not pursue a romp with Anna in this life. He looked at Mary and pulled her to him and gave her a passionate kiss, "I will be back soon my true love. You have two virgin asses to help prepare for me. Remember what Trisha did."

She smiled, "I remember."

He left the lube on the end of the table and she sets another two beside it. They headed to the stables and found the stable master, "We are looking to replace the four horses on that wagon. Horses and a couple of war ponies for our rogue."

They spend the next hour and a half going over horses and ponies. Things to look for and traits to watch out for. Some that might show they were a problem or might be exceptional. They had pulled all the horses they wanted and corralled them in with Raven's horse.

Jonni paid for the horse, tack, and an extra set of harnesses. The wagon had the saw. chisel, sledgehammer, and big ax. He picked up 3 hand axes for the hunters, the shields for the smokers, fighters, and two chain shirts. The extra heavy winter blankets and an extra 16 bedrolls.

Jonni looked at Raven, "Why so many bedrolls?"

He smiled, "Because they make nice insulated walls for the smokers. You can open them like a curtain and keep most of the smoke in."

She nodded, "I get it. I want to see this, but I get it."

They spend everything but just over 2,000 gold pieces left. Jonni looked in the bag, "That went fast!"

He smiled and pulled 60 gold pieces out, "You cannot throw gold at the enemy."

He looked at the store owner, "Arrows. Include 3 containers of bolts." He put 12 quivers full of arrows and bolts on the counter. "But arrows you can shoot at them."

She nodded, "I get it. It is not about accumulating wealth as much as it is about spending it wisely to get to the next location."

He smiled and hugged her, "Yes my new leader you have got it."

She chuckled. They stored their fruits and vegetables that now occupy most of the space in the bag. They got everything big and carried it back to the room until the wagon was cleared. He looked at her, "The bag preserves them. No air. Fresh fruit and vegetables for the stews and morning meals. I like fruit with mid-day meals as well."

She nodded, "You like to eat well."

He smiled, "I always eat well. Just ask my ladies."

She laughed at Raven, "I know!"

He shook his head, "That was an appetizer. When I am doing it for an hour, that is the meal."

She went weak in the knees and he held her up and she looked at him. "How did you get this way?"

He smiled, "Long story and parts I cannot even tell you. But I spent years learning all of the different skills and locations in which to please a woman. Then things happened that increase my stamina. Now I can keep it up as long as I need it too last.

I am the man most women want to experience. The man most men hate because I spoil the ladies and do things they cannot. Yet those who choose to learn from me will do better in this life as you have."

They got back to the room and stored the gear. Mary jumped into his arms, and kissed him. He grabbed her ass and held her up and she smiled, "Being this small is so different."

He smiled, "I will never know but I can imagine. Next life elf for both of us. That way I can call you my wife."

She nodded, "Alright, we can do that."

He kissed her again as he let her down. "Time for all of us to go and eat."

There was a knock on the door and Jonni opened it and it was a mage, "Jonni and Rainer Black?

Jonni nodded, "I am Jonni and he is Rainer. He handed her 3 scroll case tubes. "Each one has one in it. The Countess hopes the Goddess is with you. She told me to tell you, 'thank you for diverting a disaster for her city.'"

Jonni nodded. Raven spoke to him, "We will get these far away and delivered."

He nodded and walked away. Raven took the tubes from her and handed them to Mary. "Stuff them in your armor for now. We never leave them anywhere and they will be Rhonda's responsibility to carry them but she is downstairs. You will have to give them to her later."

He emptied the scroll cases so it is just the cloth and padded her bustline with them. She looked down, "Gave me an extra size larger."

He picked up the tubes and hook them into his belt.

"If anyone has been watching then they will think I have them."

She nodded, "I get you."

They carried their weapons and he carried his pack of gear with two extra quivers of arrows. They headed down and joined the others at the booth and the food arrived and the innkeeper looked at Raven, "Thank you again."

He looked at him, "In 3.5 hours I would like three tubs filled with all hot water brought up. I won't be done by then but it will give those baths the time to cool to the right temperature. An hour and a half from now need a tub for my two dwarven comrades."

He nodded, "Not a problem."

Raven looked at them, "Gives you time to eat, fuck, get cleaned up, come get more alcohol, and go back up and pass out. While thinking about fucking."

He smiled, "I do have half the gold."

He smiled, "With all the fruit and vegetables. Getting to that gold will be a pain. I have half the gold as well. Keep the drinking to under 100 gold pieces." He set a 100 gold pieces on the counter. He nodded, "We will keep it down to 20 gold for our drinking tonight."

He smiled, "Who knows you might get to fucking again later. Keep it down to 50."

They laughed and Anna looked at him, "He still has my ass to take!"

The ladies laughed and Jonni commented, "It must take an hour to prepare for something of that size."

Anna laughed, "Once the body gets broken in it takes 5-10 minutes to get my hand inside. Though I have never done it as a dwarf so he may end up doing it. Good thing I got 4 things of lube."

They laughed and Raven looked at her, "What are you going to use if he wants to hit it again tomorrow?"

They all laughed. Raven saw a lanky man checking him out and the suspicious character looked at the scroll cases. He leaned into Mary, "I want you to head up to the top of the stairs and then sneak back down. You will see why. Do not attack until he attacks."

She nodded and walked by the man like she was headed to the room.

Raven looked at the others and whispered, "Keep an eye open for any friends this guy might call in and cut them off if need be."

They nodded and he walked up to the bar. Scroll cases were on the other side of him.

He looked at him, "You have been eyeing me since I walked in here. You got an issue, question, or were you trying to figure out if I would pound your ass? I can answer that last one. I only have eyes for the ladies."

He glared at Raven, "Leave me be."

Raven looked at him, "After you tell me what interest I hold to you. Or is it not me but the scroll cases at my side."

He pulled one out and set it on the bar but kept ahold of it. "Is this what interests you? This is as close as you will ever get to this." He grabbed the case and sliced Raven's face.

He dropped the case as he fell to the floor. He looked over and Rhonda healed him up. He picked up the case and put it back on his belt. He bent down over the dead guy and pulled the sleeve of his shirt up and innkeeper looked.

He looked at Rhonda, "Three snakeheads in a perfect triangle. Local thieves' guild. Looks like we will have to do watches in our room.

Mary and I have to wait for the town guard. The rest of you might want to check the rooms." They took off for the room and killed 6 more thieves who were ransacking the gear looking for the items. An hour went by before someone from the town guard showed. He walked over and Raven pointed, "He slashed my face, my wife is a cleric so she took care of that.

My girlfriend here noticed he was watching me and asked me to go talk to him. She could watch his reaction from the other side. Then he attacked me she attacked and killed him."

The guard looked at Raven, "You have a wife and girlfriend?"

He smiled, "Two girlfriends and working on 2 more friends with benefits who want to spend time with me and my ladies. My wife is a cleric of Myssara, I have to tend to here needs and tenants as well. There are 6 more bodies upstairs in our room.

We have not searched the bodies. If you are aware of the activity with the wagon then you know what he was after."

He set a case on the bar. He looked at Raven, "I will alert those in charge."

Raven shook his head, "Your best bet is to place some guards around the inn so if they decide to hit us again it will be further away from you. Tell them who is interested in what we are transporting. I wish to search the dead and claim their possessions before the bodies are taken. Anything written is of course yours."

He nodded, "You did not search any of the bodies?"

Raven shook his head, "I grew up in this city. Best to do it with a guard present."

He smiled, "Local then."

Raven laughed, "Local who is leaving, but yes."

He chuckled. Raven went down and pulled his boot dagger.

He cut open his pockets. A long needle with two glass vials was inside. He took the two vials and handed them to Mary. He cut open his other pocket and he has twenty-four gold pieces with a folded piece of paper. He looked at Mary, "You finish checking this one over then go up and do the other 6. I see nothing magical on this guy but that is not always telling.

He pulled on the finger of his glove several times as he talked with her. She nodded He walked up with the guard, "Shall we head up and check the other 6 bodies?"

He blocked the view and gave her enough time to get the invisible gloves off and tucked away. She palmed away two rings as well. The guard shook his head, "We will do them one at a time."

She found nothing else of note on the guy. They headed upstairs. Another 2 thieves had these gloves on. He distracted the guard for one. He looked down at the body, "He has some sort of invisible gloves on."

The guard went wide-eyed, "Those are illegal in the city!"

Raven looked at him, "Technically we are just outside the city but if you really want them you can have them."

He nodded and took the gloves which became visible and he checked and threw 4 lock picks on the ground from them. "That is about the only use for these things. He looked at the guy, "Or to hide jewelry." Raven pull off 4 rings from this guy.

The guard nodded. They took the bodies away. Mary grabbed the lock picks. She threw out the 2 sets of gloves she already took.

The guys laughed. With the exception of a short bow and another dagger, none of it was magical. He looked at them, "They were hiding money in the form of jewelry. Mary has a new short bow."

Mary looked at Raven, "Why did you tell the guard I saw him?"

He smiled, "A sneaky halfling rogue should have seen him. I just blocked your view. I saw him and let you take credit for it. I keep a sterling reputation in this town; at least since I was apprenticed. You get a reputation as being observant.

Before you ask, I could have stopped him from cutting my face but if I had done so they would have taken you away because he did not draw blood. This put his own death on himself and not you. The thing about growing up here.

There are shades of gray with the law. Drawing a weapon is not enough reason to kill someone. Blood gets drawn, game on."

She nodded, "You took the hit to protect me?"

He nodded. She pulled him down to her level and kissed him passionately. He looked at her after being allowed to pull away, "I got you some tools and a place to hide them with a spare. In case someone decides to multiclass into rogue."

She nodded, "You let him have the third one to enhance your sterling reputation."

Raven nodded, "He left you the picks though because they would not normally do that. Anna and Flar, when you get back to your room you will find a bath given the time. Get your drinks and take them back to your room to fuck. Fuck each other silly. But bathe with soap and water. Please! For the rest of us."

Everyone laughed. Mary pointed under the bed.

He wiped around his bow and went prone, "I can kill you now or you can come out on your own. They did not move. Raven fired under the bed and hit someone who cried out. Another rolled out the other side with daggers drawn.

He found a giant ax splitting him in two as he tried to charge past Jonni. He pulled the dead halfling out from under the bed. He had daggers out covered in poison. He looked at Mary, "What kind of poison?"

She looked and smelled it, "A spider-based paralyzing poison. Same as what was in the two vials I found."

Raven nodded, "Never use poison when we hunt. It could make us all sick if we digested it. Even in small amounts."

She nodded. He looked at her, "Search their hands to see if they have any more of them. They both had them and she pulled them and they found a magical ring. Raven tossed it to her, "Helps with your spot checks."

She smiled and put it on. Raven looked at Jonni, "Go get the guard. Nobody has searched any of the corpses. That guy's boots are magical and based on the way he was moving." Raven leaned over and examined them, "Boots of speed. There are two fighters and a barbarian who do not have boots and anyone of you could use them. Jonni how would you decide this?"

She sighed, "Best I can come up with is have them roll dice for them."

He chuckled, "That is one method Anna what was our going-in position with the last party."

She looked at me, "Put it in the right hands. Else if you bleed for it, killed, helped kill it, and then anyone else down the line."

He looked at Jonni, "I would recommend you combine the methods as you had him cut off when the barbarian brought the ax down on him so you two should roll dice for it." Anna nodded, "Who has dice?"

Raven pulled a twenty-sided die. "This will work."

He handed it to Jonni, and she rolled a 13. Anna rolled and rolled a 20. He looked at them, "Well that was definitive" As he picked up his die.

1...45678...11