Champion of the Goddess Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mother sighed, "The local goddess makes that call. You know that, but if you had the others you would still be level 10. By my numbers, you would be approaching level 14 right now given what you finished with. I know I would never get out of here without you getting a number from me."

Raven looked at mother, "Misleading now Mother? Level 10 with the NPC guards."

She groaned, "Alright with the NPC guards calculated into it."

Raven nodded, "Without it, level 12. With our final numbers and the battles from the half-way point until the end, even fucking higher. I may stop trying to train them if all you are going to produce bricks from your school.

You need to reevaluate the damned curriculum of your fucked schools. You set them up to die repeatedly. You don't teach the fucking basics of survival even in these schools. Especially for slaughterhouse roads like this last one."

Myssara was crying and Raven shook his head, "You did this to yourself, and to those I ran with. You tried to tempt me into unloading and I did not do it. I did not save them this early on. No point. They have to be able to make it on their own, remember! You have made it known to run with your champion is to ask to die.

That you cannot make it fair for those who run with me. 2 paladins learned a very hard lesson that broke their relationship as well. Frank is not speaking with Julia. The others that died will form up in new groups and wonder why the path they took after us was so much easier than the slaughterhouse road they died upon.

Live...yea right. Learn...learn to run with the Raven is to die horribly. Great for both our reputations. Love...I don't even know what to say about that one after this leg. This is how you treat someone you love?

Those who could heal. Then those who could hide, evade, and UMD wands. We burned through every damned healing wand and Mary survived because I could heal myself to heal us both. I was doing that 90% of the damned time in the end.

Just send me the fuck back. I am not due back here until tomorrow and all you are doing is adding to my fucking frustration by keep bringing me here when I don't want to be here right now. "

Myssara cried but nodded and he was back in the inn. Mother sighed, "His energy leaves are extremely high. Too high. He is refusing sex here to bring it down and not having it in-game. He may unload on what you have set up next for him.

If pissing him off was your goal, you have succeeded. I let you try and get him to see you as the Goddess in this relationship, but now he is seeing you as a harbinger of death. Both of us."

Myssara sighed, "He will come back to me tomorrow night and we will work to bring them down. I will work to fix it then. I am still waiting to see if he will unload. He has the power. I am hoping he does so to prove me right for once instead of him proving me wrong at every turn. Flaunting my failures and calling me the harbinger of death."

She returned to crying though as she was worried now about the state of their relationship.

---

He prepared spells. Cresna grabbed his arm, "I saw her and all she did was cry the entire time. I just held her. I finally got out of her that she fucked up with you and does not know how to fix the issue."

He nodded, "That about sums it up. We have a royal writ to deal with today. We will see where it goes."

She nodded.

He got the group gathered and the 5 of them moved quickly through the city to the Duke's Keep.

The place looked like a war zone as bodies still littered the field. They saw heraldry from the wall and Julia looked over, "Another Duke, Transen."

They rode up and the guards tried to disarm them. Raven looked at the men, "We are expected by Dutchess Reinhart and have a writ from the King. I am also a courier for the Elven Queen. Your chances of disarming us are zero."

The Paladins already had their swords out and the writ held up. The man looked at it and handed it back, "Duke Reinhart is already dead, Duke Transen now leads these lands."

Raven looked at him, "Dutchess Reinhart is the leader of these lands now. Did he kill her?"

He shook his head, "He is under orders to marry her."

Raven shook his head, Who do you put first the Goddess or the King?"

The man looked perplexed. Raven shook his head, "I am the Raven and the goddess has decreed the Dutchess rules over these lands." He summoned forth the Raven on one of the Paladin's shoulders. The guard turned white. "I don't know what to do."

Raven looked at him, "Runaway quickly before I unload half a quiver of arrows to send your body to the 9 hells."

The guards abandoned their posts as they walked into the keep. The next 2 guards they had to kill to get past. They got into the throne room and a new Duke sat there. Raven did not say a word before shooting him in the shoulder and having the Raven appear on the fletching of the Arrow. "You are acting counter to the Goddess's wishes. As is the King who sent you here."

The guards had pulled swords but stopped once they saw the Raven. He looked over, "I will unleash on every single one of you who is holding a weapon and has not left this room. You Duke shit for brains will stay put. Where is the Dutchess?"

He screamed out, "Dead if you shoot me again!" Raven pulled back and put it through the center of his forehead. He aimed at the Guard, "Where is the Dutchess or you can join your Duke in death."

He pointed to a room off to the side. "She locked herself in with guards loyal to her yesterday when we arrived. She has her children with her. She kept them in that room apparently for feeding times."

Raven nodded, "Take your Duke's body, your dead men and leave this area. You are here in an hour and I will go hunting every fucking one of you. Leave your weapons, you can buy new ones after you are out of the palace district."

The guards dropped their swords as he recovered his Raven to his shoulder. One of them looked over, "I thought the Raven was a half-elf."

Cresna answered for him, "He has many forms as the goddess sees fit for him to use. He could show up as your best friend and cut you down if the goddess demands it. Now leave."

The door unlocked and a guard looked out. He sent his raven in and squawked a few times and then flew back out. The Dutchess came out looking battered. She pointed, "He struck me! My guards got me secure but I lost half of them in the process. He had a writ ordered to marry me and get me pregnant. Then kill my children!"

Raven thought out, "Meeting now!"

He appeared in her chamber and she held up a hand, "I gave them hell but left the free will turned on. He wanted your children dead still."

He looked over, "They had no free will and they defied your orders. Bring them here."

She sighed and the King and Queen were present. He looked at them, "I am sorry I do not have a sword to cut you both down right now."

The woman looked scared. The King defiant, "Did the Duke succeed?"

Raven shook his head, "Dead, you will be joining him soon enough. I warned her of the danger to the fate of her 'father.' Communication stone. She took steps to increase her personal guards and they had her sealed off from the attempted usurper. In who's world do you live in?"

He looked at Raven, "I am am the human King, half-breed."

Raven shook his head, "No you are not now."

Raven mustered every ounce of strength he had and shoved his hands into both of their chests, under the rib cage, and ripped out their hearts where they stood. They both fell over and Myssara screamed, "What have you done?!"

He looked at her as he dropped their hearts, "I took care of the insolence you refuse to suffer. That you refused to address yourself and left to your champion to take down in your name. I unleashed here instead. It's what you wanted. To have me unleash. You are getting your wish. I am unleashing!"

Mother showed up, "You should not be able to kill them here!"

He shrugged, "They obviously deserved it. What do their bodies look like in the world."

Mother sighed, "As if they both died of a heart attack in the middle of the throne room. No physical signs of trauma. You should still not be able to kill here though! Your energy levels are critically high."

He nodded, "With no prospect of going down anytime soon. 12 days without sex. Aggravated to the point of wanting to kill myself, yet again. All from the fucking hell, she put those people through. My stubbornness to keep from unloading on the field to release that energy.

That meant I kept building up that anger and energy and now you have it all in front of you. How are you going to deal with that, Mother? You're not. I am going to deal with it."

He walked toward the pool, "Either of you gets in the pool and I will send 1,000 children into you! EACH!"

Mother put a shield over the pool and tried to pull him back. It did not slow him which shocked her. She found herself trapped in the sanctum and could not spin the world off into a new universe. She knew her creator had a hand in this trap.

Raven looked at the shield and struck it with his hand and smashed into the shield until his hand was in the water. Mother was shocked as he fed power into the pool at that point at an alarming rate.

Until he finally got pulled away by Mother's effort almost an hour later. Mother had to push the power from the pool to other worlds as it was at a critically high level now. Raven was out cold and in a coma-like state at that point.

Mother hissed out, "Fuck that was close! Too close! He pushed power in. If he had drawn it out, who knows how much damage he would have done to this universe. I was being constrained by 'him.' Not Raven."

Mother heard from her creator and Myssara heard it 1,000 times louder, "'MOTHER CREATOR', we need to talk, RIGHT NOW!"

Then Mother was gone and Myssara stood there in shock over Raven's body with her ears bleeding and ringing from the voice.

---

In the world, Cresna starred as Tonya. Raven had disappeared. Myssara sent them both what he did, up to the point before the message came and mother disappeared. They stared at each other in shock.

They all heard from Myssara, "Get to the inn and wait in your rooms!"

She sent a message to Cresna and Tonya, "I cannot bring you up yet. Wait there. He is alive...but barely. He shoved almost every ounce of energy out of himself. If Mother had not managed to pull him back finally he would likely be dead."

They all left the Duchess's Keep without another word and returned to their rooms at the inn. She sent the Paladins to 2 new starting points and told them, "Work your way into new parties. I have separated you into new level-10 inns. Raven will not be returning to your group.

You will find your share of the treasure in your rooms under the bed. Learn from the mistakes you have made in choosing that caravan. It was a very bad choice and there are such things as very bad choices.

You ignored his advice after he turned that decision over to you. He told you exactly what would happen and it happened. If he had not insisted on buying that stack of healing wands, you would both have died on that road."

She thought to herself, "Even I make very bad choices."

She was trapped in her sanctum at the moment and cut off from all outside communication to other worlds. Unable to bring the ladies up as she stared at Raven's body. She then sat with him and held him in her arms as she cried and pulled him into her bed to make him more comfortable.


Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
6 Comments
biglazydogbiglazydogabout 3 years ago

Sorry, the sword comment wasn't meant to be literal. I just meant that sometimes it feels like he's complaining about his lot (having choices he doesn't like) and veiling it as a matter of infringing on his free will.

But, it doesn't matter. You write an awesome story. I hope you write many, many more. I don't mean to be critical just to discuss.

EmotionalStormEmotionalStormabout 3 years agoAuthor

LOL Biglazydog.

I read your reply to part 4 as well but will reply only once to both parts and this is going to get rambling, I apologize.

To the characters 'wife or wives' is a very loose term in this world when they last for 3 months. (a Single gaming session generally to the players.) The concept of family is not taught to the players growing up in these worlds, no brothers or sisters, no family units of any kind.

He finds it all very frustrating as this is not the world he was born into and he is still adapting after 20 years of hell in the first world. (Spend 20 years trapped in a dead-end job doing something you hate [his first world] then being told by mother that she wants more gamers like him. He plays like he would play. He was not asked to play it down or to adapt to the same style as the others. He was asked to teach new players to play like him.

To do those things that stump DMs at times as he thinks outside the box. He is pushing boundaries, to make better players and a better DM. He should be able to marry a character and live in a town for 50 actual years if he wanted, but he is not allowed to do that. No actual players are allowed to do that…yet. Maybe in the future if he can work changes they will accept. Not likely...but still.

In his case, he is trying to make the best of a bad situation. You have to realize all of the NPC's are personas and personifications of the Goddess. She can seize control of them at any time, but he is looking ahead. For a world with a couple of hundred players, she is struggling. Myssara is new at the Goddess game.

Just like some Goddesses, like the first one who threw free-will out the window and changed the rules. He cannot simply get up and walk out of the gaming group...he is stuck here. Like life here, except he knows how to force a Goddess to break his contract and thus destroy a world again.

I have worked with 'baby DM's' those who are new to that role. As a player and as an observer not in the game. I have taken them aside and pointed out the pitfalls they are likely to run into with a gaming group.

I helped to train many and not all of them had the same style, in fact, most of them varied widely, but core game mechanics is something hard to avoid and keeping a balanced world.

Some are alright with it out of balance, some just make bigger things the parties end up getting and then get stuck on what to do...it is all learning. The 'sword of annilation +1,000. Just don't roll a fumble with it.'

One of the issues Mother has alluded to is issues controlling the population, as far as keeping them alive and reproducing. High suicide rates, gamer frustration, lack of self-worth, or in some cases perceived or actual racism. He is helping to reverse that, but what happens to a hands-on DM who goes from watching over a party of 9 and is suddenly trying to balance 100-200 parties of 9-24 at the same time?

He does not know all of the mechanics in this universe...yet. He could learn them by using that device, then spin off the world he is on and be like Mother. He does not want to do that though. He is teaching players and he is teaching DM's and not just Myssara but others who are watching him. He went through and trained new players on how to look at a caravan, to make the decisions for themselves.

He is playing a cleric to a goddess of love, lust, magic, the hunt, and procreation. As a 'cleric' following those tenants with the abilities he has for fixing fertility it is not him working to cuckhole a married couple of personas. It is him playing his character. What he is seeing here is her trying to give free-will to personas who don't act the way she wants them to act even. She gave them free -will with no training in how to use it while getting the results she wanted.

Now your comment about page 6 and a new sword completely threw me. He asked for no equipment on page 6. Page 6 was all about Myssara feeling she needed to challenge him one-one because he was leading the group. Make it a challenge, fine.

Making it an unbalanced slaughter to just kill the players…bad form. Unless the players do something stupid like take on an ancient dragon as 3rd level characters. Then by all means kill them.

In the later part of this leg he did not unload, he let another lead it, let them choose, and make the bad choice on the next caravan. He kept alive who he could. He held back on sex, frustration, and anger he was having...until he let it go.

Those in the party who knew he was the champion knew that to run with him in the group was a disaster on the road. She did not challenge the other players in the same fashion, she just did it to him and those who went with him. That reputation will hurt her in getting others to run with a champion over time. He is trying to get her to see this.

I hope you find part 6 better.

biglazydogbiglazydogabout 3 years ago

Again the whole use of the term "free will" from Raven comes off very child-like and simplistic. Being given 7 or so "meh" or even bad choices for a caravan doesn't mean he has no "free will"... he could have used his free-will to wait, he could have used it to steal, he could have improved a caravan with his trademark craftiness, etc... Instead he just bitches... imagine having that guy playing DnD with you in real life... that would be miserable. And he was being such an asshole by page 6 that I was firmly on Myssara's side. Is she a perfect DM? No, but she's okay. Is Raven acting like a petulant child wining about not finding his favorite sword after the first encounter? Yes, he is.

I think what they should do is cut him off. He's gotten to influential and he thinks he's the de facto DM and a player simultaneously. They should throw him into a city and cut him off from communication and a dream state for a while. Let him send them his notes by "carrier raven" or something until he learns to act like an adult.

EmotionalStormEmotionalStormover 3 years agoAuthor
Re:jpz007ahren Wowzers response.

Well... I think he may have gotten her portfolio expanded again.

>>Raven is looking at this from his perspective of those he is trying to train. What she is doing with all of the other parties are also a factor. He cannot dictate a change in her portfolio, just what he sees happening to her portfolio on the rode she keeps putting him upon.

She has been especially adversarial with him because of the 2 universes they lived in. She grew up in the game while he grew up on Earth. Things will get revealed in parts already written and part 6 is already in the queue. Before him Goddesses were the top of the order, where they surrender free will to Mother, Champion don't surrender it as they are not Gods. That makes them new and difficult to control, as they cannot override their free will.

The upcoming sections provides some details on her own scaring background. What did she learn about herself when past lives were restored? About things she did vs things done to her? We are all a product of our environment and sometimes an outside eye can get others to see what they are doing. Everyone has baggage, it is how they carry it, deal with it, or lock it way that defines them and in some cases they are doing all 3 of them. Even Raven...

---

Glad to have started on these series.

>>I am happy to hear it when people enjoy the stories.

---

He's not a metagamer. He's a powergamer. At least from my perspective.

>>He is but he dials back a notch or two because he has to run gestalts. I would not argue that point, he just tries to keep it at a metagamer level. Until he is forced into action or reaction. He wants others to succeed on their own merits and willingness to learn. He wants to do his role, throw a few surprises, and make it fun for them all.

---

>>verisimilitude.

Your vocabulary astounds me. This was just one word I had to look up to in your reply. Not a criticism. I worked vocabulary with my kids to the point when they finally met one of their cousins, she was 18 and they were 12-14 at the time. She asked, "Why do they both talk so funny?"

I used big words on my children and they would ask, "what does that mean?"

I would smile and tell them, "Look it up." Always forcing them to learn more. So they had a vastly larger vocabulary than she had growing up in rural SC.

---

Mostly though, it feels more like this confrontation that we have been left on cliffhanger for wasn't for the divine lovers. Not really. Sure, it has been traumatic for both of them, and I do hope they make it through this. I would wager this is more about someone else being held to task and called out on it by the powers that be.

>>Will be answered in days..it is in queue.

---

Looking forward to what's coming next. Be well.

I say it again to really make clear my point, but I don't seem him and his goddess as enemies. An enemy doesn't weep for the loss of their other, or wonder how wrong they've done.

>>I would agree, more 'adversarial' in this part. He loves her too much and does not want to hate her. Answers are coming. You be well in these difficult times.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

The Next Game Master Pt. 01 A three part follow-on series to the New Game Master.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The New Game Master The first short story to another series I have been working.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Sam A man is taken then returned. He's not the same or is he? No.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Astra Pt. 01 With the fall of humanity the fate resides in Astra and Jack.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Missing Dragon An elusive fire breathing monster leads him to a new world.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories