Chance: A Day in May Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I stepped back, looking quickly over the crowd. Nobody moved except Helen who jumped behind me wrapping both arms around me and burying her face in my back. After what seemed an hour or so, but was probably less than a minute the bartender asked me if I wanted a job. That seemed to release the tension in the crowd. One of the men asked if I would teach a couple of them how to do that. "It would sure as hell make life a lot easier around here."

Laughing, I told him a bung starter poked into a gut would be a surer guarantee, along with more than one guy standing up to him at a time. Someone asked me what a bung starter was, and I suggested he ask the bartender.

Turning toward the door, it seemed natural to slip my arm around Helen's shoulder and pull her in close against me. She was trembling, which didn't surprise me a bit. It had been an interesting few minutes. Leaning down next to her ear I told her she had done superbly, and that I was proud of her. Then, I don't know why, but I kissed her just behind her jaw and I swear she shivered at my kiss.

Keeping my arm tight around her I kind of swaggered to the door, holding the lovely woman close and tucked under my shoulder, her arms now around me. The cool night air felt good after the last few minutes in the over heated bar.

As the door swung shut behind us some wag asked, "Who was that masked man?"

Someone answered, "I don't know, but he left this here silver bullet!" and the place broke up in nervous laughter. I have to admit Helen's and my laughs, slightly hysteric laughs, were among them.

I couldn't help myself. When we got to the rig, parked right next to an open window, I turned to Helen and told her, "Climb in old Silver here, Tonto, And we'll be on our way." I said it pretty loudly, and we nervously joined the laughter from the bar as we drove away. As we turned a corner a city police car with lights flashing pulled into the bar behind us.

Slumping back into her seat in the rig Helen looked at her watch. "Duncan, do you realize it's after 11:30? I don't have a room yet!"

"Let's go over to the motel by the service station and get you set up," I suggested and headed that way.

When we drove up, the sign said 'No Vacancies". Darn, but there was no room at the inn.

"Oh Duncan, just when I thought the day was going to turn out pretty good after all. What am I going to do now?" she wailed.

12