Chance: A Day in May Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"None at all, except I can't believe you think I'm that young. Duncan, I'm forty-four. Not only that, but I have a grown son. If he and his wife have any say in the matter, I'll be a grandmother by this time next year. So you see, we are age contemporaries. Knock off this elder statesman attitude, OK?" replied Helen.

"Well," Duncan said reflectively, "I sure guessed wrong on your age, but I think you guessed wrong on mine, too. Hope it doesn't make a difference, but I'm sixty-one. So, you're still the youngster."

"Well, I never thought you were wet behind the ears, Duncan. Now I know you don't believe I am either. I feel better. Seventeen years difference would have been impossible when I was seventeen, but not so much now. Let's get to bed and catch that morning light," smiled Helen.

"Sure, if we can pull ourselves out of bed. Since my semi-retirement I'm not in the habit of getting up on any kind of schedule," Duncan agreed. "But it's get to bed now or you'll never get me up."

They both rose from their chairs and Duncan walked Helen to the open door connecting their rooms. When Helen turned she saw the hunger in his eyes. It did little nice things to her tummy. Putting her arms around him she leaned against him, lifted her face and kissed him softly.

It was a gentle kiss, but lasted a little longer than either of them expected.

After a moment Duncan leaned back to look at her as she reached up to capture his lips again. This kiss was not as gentle, and a long way from being as innocent. Helen found her arms up around Duncan's neck, her hands clasped tightly together. Her body strained against him, her breasts flattened against his chest she shivered with lust and comfort.

Helen's knees trembled, barely holding her as her mind disappeared except for thoughts of Duncan. Helen's open mouth covered his lips and her tongue pushed out and into his mouth. They strained together, their tongues caressing as the growth of his manhood pushed against her belly.

With an armful of desirable woman, the most desirable he'd ever seen and thoughts of last night's activities clouding his mind, he verged on carrying her off to his bed. There would be no complaint from Helen, she was nearly swooning against him. Her breath was escaping her lips in little pants.

When Duncan felt Helen's bare legs against his Duncan knew their robes had opened. That was the moment his cock sprang free through the opening in his boxers. It met her silken panties sending another shiver through his whole body. Helen was unconsciously grinding her loins hard against his, sensuously rubbing his erection.

For long moments their bodies strained together, their hips rocking. The room was suddenly stifling hot and feeling constricting.

Suddenly, somehow Duncan stepped back away from Helen, holding her shoulders to steady her as the support of his body was taken away. She looked up desperately into his eyes, seeing the naked lust in his hungering eyes as she strained to return to his embrace. Yet he stepped further away, his hands on her shoulders straightened to hold them apart.

With a searching, hungering stare and a husky voice Duncan said, "Helen, this may be one of the hardest things I've ever done but I can't accept your gift. You would question my motives if I did. You are trying to save a marriage and I came out of the blue acting as knight-errant. It isn't fair to you or Gerald for me to just step in."

Helen started to say something, but Duncan put a finger over her lips.

"Please, Helen. Not now. Unless or until you decide the marriage is over you would never forgive me for stepping in like this. What we have so far has been miraculous. It was also spontaneous. This morning we agreed we wouldn't do this and it would be wrong of me, after feeding you drinks and giving you an exciting new experience during a romantic day. If this goes further than good friends, I'll want it to be without regrets by either of us. I know, and you know too, you would regret our not stepping back to look at both our worlds. You are not the kind to take this kind of step lightly. Neither am I."

Both stood silent for a time, studying each other. In a gruff voice Duncan spoke, "Let's get up and enjoy the sunrise, woman. You looked pretty good over breakfast this morning, can you do it two days in a row?"

Helen took a deep breath and smiled, stepping away from his supporting arms. "Duncan, this morning I didn't have my ammunition with me. I have my make-up case in the room behind me now along with my 'vacation on the Riviera' wardrobe. You ain't seen nothing yet." Then she stepped back into her room, slowly shutting the door between them.

Duncan's breath sighed out of him. His body was already telling him he had done something stupid. Still he knew he had done the only thing he could. The connection between Helen and himself had grown incredibly in just a day. He didn't expect anything to come of this. Whether or not that was true what had grown between them was too precious to endanger. His body wanted her, his mind and soul would not allow taking a chance on hurting her. If this thing grew it would not be for a weekend or a month. If he never laid eyes on her after tomorrow what this thing was already something to warm his life in the years to come.

He hoped the phone call this morning to his manager would give him a clue where he should go with this. He would check with the investigator tomorrow.

Hanging her robe in the closet, Helen slipped between the cold sheets, her body shivering with unfulfilled passion. Closing her eyes she started going over the past two days. Almost immediately her eyes popped open. What in the world was going on?

She was a married woman fighting to save her marriage. She had never lost sight of that goal; yet she had been throwing herself at Duncan like a lovesick sixteen-year-old. In her entire life she had never experienced an hour to compare to what she had experienced after meeting Duncan. It felt like she was living on a new level. It all started when she caught him checking her out at the rest stop and not let up since.

The passion was far beyond anything she ever imagined.

Her life, her marriage had been at a crisis point. And suddenly the fabric of her very existence had changed. She needed to sit and think about this. What direction did she want to go. Until the last few years Gerry had been a wonderful man, a good father and a loving husband. Then he changed.

It happened right after the kids had left the nest but she didn't feel that had anything to do with the change.

Gerry had been getting more and more distant since then. When Helen had agreed to the partnership of marriage with Gerry, she had devoted herself to maintaining the marriage. She always assumed her mate would be as devoted to her as she was to him, "Forsaking all others". This long vacation together was to be the opportunity, the revitalization. Then Gerry bailed out at the very beginning; before it began, really.

They had always led a healthy sex life. Sex wasn't the reason for marriage but it was one of the most important glues holding it together. Sex with Gerry had all but disappeared. His health was good except for stress headaches from the increased responsibilities. Gerry wasn't about to step back to lesser responsibilities, the stress of the decision making was what he reveled in. It was what made life interesting.

She wondered about his faithfulness.

He had been unwilling to spend time with her. No sugarcoating that. Before meeting Duncan she was wondering if she had lost her attractiveness. If a man like Duncan found her as compelling as he did, that couldn't be the problem.

Duncan had affected her in ways no man, none, had ever done before.

But that was another worry!

Where in the world was this going with Duncan. She had never had any desire to stray in her marriage, then along came Duncan and she couldn't seem to think of anything else when he was near.

What in the world was she doing?

She spent the long hours of the night worrying her two related problems.

12