Changed Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
a_koozie
a_koozie
258 Followers

-Go with him- the spyrim said softly

-Bullshit, you only want to go because you think we're 'meant to be'- Karen said bitterly, they had fought over that every day since the incident.

-No.- the spyrim said gently and wrapped Karen in a hug. -I'm saying that because we need to know what your mother left for you. That information is more important than petty fights between you and him.-

Karen swallowed and a the first tear escaped. She turned back to Theo, her stare as blank as his.

"Are you packed?" she asked in a dead voice.

He simply nodded.

She turned to Brett as another tear escaped. "I'll go with him," she swallowed hard as more tears came "But if he attacks me again, I'll shoot him."

To her surprise Brett smiled and then hugged her. "Sounds good to me." He gently held her back slightly and wiped her eyes. "It's not the end of the world." he said softly " I know you're scared, I know you don't trust him any more, but I also know that you still care about him."

She scoffed and he smiled shaking his head "Trust me my dear, he will never harm you again. His actions have hurt him just as much as they hurt you."

He leaned closer and whispered in her ear so Theo couldn't hear him "He's lost just as much sleep as you, and is hurting just as much too."

Karen simply glared, but nodded.

Brett smiled and hugged her again "Have a great trip. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back."

She smile up at the massive Alpha "Thank you. I hope it's everything I've been dreaming it is."

He nodded to her and then Theo "Go get ready, The car is packed to take you to the airport, then you'll catch a plane to Brazil, then it will be helicopter to as close to coordinates, which is about 60 miles away. You'll have to hike the rest."

She nodded at him, they had gone over the plan a few times already, and a smile broke out across her face at the thought of hiking again. He patted her shoulder and then left. She turned to look at Theo. She started to say something, but just shook her head and went upstairs. She came back down, dressed in her travel clothes and a huge pack on her back. Despite everything, Theo gave her a tiny smile, that barely reached his eyes.

"That's almost bigger than you." he said softly.

She tried not to smile, but he caught the slight twitch at the corner of her mouth. The vice that had been squeezing his heart for the past week eased ever so slightly.

She ignored his comment, instead she opened the door. "Are you ready?" she asked coolly.

He nodded, the smile disappearing from his face. He followed her out the door, grabbing his even larger pack and they walked to the car that was going to take them to the airport.

a_koozie
a_koozie
258 Followers
12