Changing Husbands

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My head of department Mrs Anderson briefed me extensively about what you wanted dug up and how I must work meticulously in noting the responses and compiling the findings for you to analyze. Mrs Anderson said the paper you'll produce would bring credit on this hospital."

"Paper?"

"Your research findings that will be published in one of the medical journals."

"Oh that paper," Judith said coloring.

* * *

Twelve weeks later Judith signed the covering letter of the final draft and handed it to Rachel to post.

"You have done brilliantly on this project Rachel and I'm so pleased you have enrolled with an on-line university to gain a qualification in research.

"It has been a real pleasure working with you Dr Kennedy. You are so highly respected throughout the orthopedic department."

"Nonsense Rachel, research your facts. Most of the people here are simply scared of me."

"Actually I have done the research and you may have to revised just who is talking nonsense," Rachel said, opening a file on her laptop. "I simply asked people casually what they thought of you as a surgeon, as part of the team here and as a person. I did not mention I'd record their responses so would appreciate you not mentioning this little study to anyone. Here we go, working up from the two juniors below me up to the deputy chief surgeon."

Judith listened to the noted responses being read to her and soon was considerably embarrassed but allowed Rachel to continue.

Finally Rachel said, "Perhaps this is the most astonishing comment. When the deputy chief surgeon Dr Perkins was waiting for the elevator I asked him who was the person in his entire department who impressed him most. He said he couldn't say so I said I had been engaged in helping you with a research project so could he just say what did he think of you. He stepped into the elevator, turned and said, "The most impressive person and my favorite surgeon would be that person you just mentioned. That's just between you and me Rachel. I trust you don't gossip."

"Thank you Rachel. I was embarrassed but interested to be told of your findings," said Judith. "Please trash that file. It ought not be discussed with anyone else."

"I agree. Dr Kennedy would you lunch with me on Saturday as my guest? The assistance you gave me in developing the research program allowed me to produce work that will be noted by my supervisors. I wish to thank you."

"I accept with pleasure Rachel," said Judith who had been disappointed the findings had not produced some possible dates from quality people. She conceded it was a ridiculous idea and no wonder it had failed in that respect.

The lunch with Rachel went well and she later took a call from Micki who sounded very excited.

"Mom you know I'm due home to see you guys next weekend as someone had to keep an eye on you?"

"So you have other plans. That's okay darling. We can manage without need for supervision until your visit the following month."

Micki laughed, appreciating the sarcasm. "Mom I'll be brining Blue with me to stay; is that okay?"

"Of course dear. Just tell him to keep his hands off me."

Her daughter giggled but did no comment on that. "Are you still taking next week off to reduce your backlog of leave owing?"

"Yes I plan to loll around and try to determine if I still have a garden and to have a couple of visits to beauticians and to buy some things to upgrade my autumn-winter wardrobe."

"Oh fine. Mom can we bring a mystery guest?"

"Who?"

"If I told you it wouldn't be a mystery and I'd like you to show our guest round Boston and outer attractions and then drive our guest to New York where our guest has a convention beginning the following Monday when you will be due back at the hospital."

"Darling aren't you a little old to be engaging me in guessing games?"

"Just ride with the flow mom. Do I have a yes to everything including our guest staying on with you?"

"I suppose so but on the understanding that if she or he and I are not particularly compatible then I don't go to New York."

"Yes that is understood but don't expect a problem."'

"I feel so stupid agreeing to these things."

"Mom where is your sense of excitement? Act your age; you are not an old woman. Have you set up dates with numerous eligible men?"

Judith emitted a big sigh.

"I thought as much. You really do need someone to push you along mom. You'll be hopeless by yourself."

"I won't be alone. I have... oh god, Trudy will be off to college next year and from about that time about all I'll see of Johnny will be to help sort out his problems and to hand over more money and then he'll be gone. I'll have to get a cat."

"A good sturdy erection will fulfill most of your needs mom. Stop attempting to scare me with his spinster talk."

"You are a disgusting girl Michelle," Judith laughed. "Just where did I go wrong?"

"Your Micki has one of the best moms in the world and do you forget it. We'll arrive Friday night late so will eat on the way."

"So you are not going to ID this mystery guest?"

"No mom. And don't attempt to guess."

Judith yawned and poured herself a drink. She had a suspicion it would be a guy from her past, probably a guy Michelle er Micki had met at some time. It could be one of her friends or a partner of one of her friends or someone her estranged husband had introduced her to over the years. God there were so many; she didn't know where to start. She picked up a book thinking how childish to try to be so mysterious but quickly forget being displeased as the novel began to seize her attention.

A few days later she attended a conference with her outgoing husband and their lawyers and reached settlement on their divorce, the two younger children having signed papers opting to stay with their mother. The decisions reached made it easy for their father to gain access to them should he be interested. Already they were seeing less and less of him since Harry had pulled out lunching with them on Sundays because his latest girlfriend insisted they lunch with her parents most Sundays.

CHAPTER 3

Judith had a 'wet' Sunday lunch with a couple of girlfriends. She felt free not having to be on standby or performing routine operations for a week so later at home when wandering round the house aimlessly and after a couple of swims had a few more drinks and in between served the kids dinner. Trudy went out and Johnny who had a friend over went into the garage to take their bikes to pieces for unnecessary maintenance.

It was almost 11:00 when the toot of a car coming up the driveway awoke her.

Micki rushed in and smothered her with kisses and was obviously excited. Judith peered at the tall guy with a chisel-shaped chin and very penetrating green eyes, noting his hair was obviously colored. She wondered if her danced or fucked, perhaps both and was conscious of her head spinning.

"Mom are your okay," she heard Micki say. She alleged she was a box of birds.

The guys laughed and Blue said she looked great and added with a huge smile, "Judith this is my father?"

"You have a father?" the hostess slurred.

Micki yelled, ""Mom you're drunk."

Judith heard a roaring noise and felt she was floating and was only dimly conscious of one or both men catching her as she flew towards them or had she fallen?

Judith awoke next morning to hear the radio booming and Micki and Trudy singing at the top of their voices. Oh it was so great having Micki home and those two girls continuing to relate so well now they were a one-parent family.

Aghast, remembering last night, Judith pulled a sheet over her head, felt the headache and groaned in embarrassment. Well time to face up to them.

She showed and because it was hot put on the black swimsuit and admired her figure in the mirror, thinking not bad or an old duck. She barely put on makeup knowing no one would notice because she was in disgrace.

Judith entered the kitchen and the dark headed older guy, the father, was standing at the breakfast bar. He looked up and cried "Jesus" and dropped his orange juice. The non-breakable glass bounced three times and was then trapped by Blue's foot. She looked up and saw Blue hand the tumbler to Micki .

They were both grinning like Cheshire cats.

"Good one mom," Micki giggled. "Bluey and I hoped Neal would see you looking sensation in tight black."

"Please accept my apologies Mr Border for my informality but I swim before breakfast most mornings," she lied. Well she did occasionally but being a late riser was usually on the run weekday mornings.

"Oh join us to coffee first and please call me Neal. And don't apologize for being so exhausted last night. I was so relieved to find you possess at least one human frailty because after listening to these two go on about you I was left with the impression you were a goddess."

Judith heard Micki suck in breath as she said politely, "Oh what a lovely thing to say Neal."

"You appear to be in tremendously good shape Judith."

Aware the two youngsters were slipping off Judith said, "Well I do use the pool at the hospital at midday all year whenever possible and spend some time with light weights."

The other two disappeared, taking Trudy and Johnny to where they wanted to go, leaving Judith to spend all day alone with Neal. When he appeared in his 'swimmers' she noted the bulge and couldn't help herself, her mind filled with thoughts about sex. Whenever she adjusted the top of her swimsuit he just stared at her, making Judith feel a little weak at the knees. She was tempted not to keep on adjusting and allow a breast to pop out but then who would be the most embarrassed?

Judith arrived back from the kitchen later with a jug of mint juleps and apologized for being a bit early with alcohol.

"It's fine. I have been drilled to fit in with local customs."

"Um this is not a local custom at this home but I... well I didn't know what else to do."

"How often are you getting sex? Micki told me you and her father split three months ago and divorce is on the way."

Judith almost gasped as hearing him being so impertinent. Or was he just being brave? God how would she deal with this? Her mind told her to reply sensibly and to be plausible and indicate just a hint of interest.

"Sex is not a requirement at my age."

Even in his laconic way of speaking, Neal's words sent tingles to Judith's core.

"Don't be so damn ridiculous. Good heavens woman, you are in your prime. I see you as thirty-something, not forty-something."

"Meaning?" she asked stupidly.

"You require sex daily."

They were propped back on sun loafers. Judith's instinct won over common sense. Instead of chastising him or alleging he was being ridiculous, she just kept relaxed and giggled, knowing he'd see the wobble in her breasts despite her swimsuit being tight; the fabric was elasticized.

He sat up and looked down at her and said softly, "I'd be more than happy to take you to bed."

His choice of words excited her and she thought how couth he was.

"I'd thought you were leading up to this," she smiled. And to encourage him said, "Well this is something to think about but not here, not with the children about, as they will still be a little confused by the marital breakup."

He lay back.

She thought well that's him turned off. But no."

"I agree. I understand you have agreed to take me up to Boston for two nights for me to be with my aunt and then take me down the coast for some way and then to visit Albany and then on to New York where I'm to speak at a property investment convention on Tuesday."

"Yes so would you like to sleep with me on one of those nights?"

"All of those nights," he laughed and she giggled. He reached for her hand and she held it up and it was squeezed lightly.

"Oh I'm going to really enjoy me week with you. What say we leave tomorrow instead of Monday?"

"A great idea," she smiled, squeezing his hand. "I know my children won't mind and Trudy will be delighted to have Micki virtually to herself."

* * *

They drove to Boston in Judith's car, leaving Blue and Micki to travel back in the hire car. As they approached the city Neal called his aunt to advise he'd visit her in the morning.

"That was kind of you," Judith said, having taken the wheel because she was familiar with Boston, having been educated there. "Aunt Doris would have been wondering if you would arrive as planned; I know how older people living alone tend to think."

"I am a kind man."

"Yeah in business??"

"Let's say that is one exception," he grinned. "Another exception is living it up for our first couple of nights together. I have booked a river view suite at the Liberty."

"Oh beautiful. I'll pay half."

"Thank you but no. My company pays."

They sat drinking champagne, attempting not to eye each other and keep relaxed but failed on both counts."

Finally Judith could bear it no longer. "Undress me," she said huskily and groaned in delight as she felt Neal's hands work over her body. After he tossed away her bra his lips closed over a nipple. Her mouth opened and she screamed silently.

They skipped fellatio and cunnilingus with Judith gasping, "Push it in."

Neal positioned himself and commanded, "You want it; you push it in."

She happily obliged and then placing her legs over his shoulders said, "Oooh, lovely fit."

* * *

Neal and Judith were married in Sydney five months after Judith's divorce had come through. She'd relocated there with Johnny and Trudy and although Trudy in particular still wept over the loss of her friends she was happy with Australia and said to her mom she was unlikely to take up the offer to reunited with her old friends at college.

"They are spreading out to numerous colleges and anyway Kate, Liz and Alan plan to go to Sydney University and so will I."

"Alan? I've not heard that name before."

"Oh he's just a guy who's teaching me to surf," Trudy said evasively.

Harry the children's father had phoned to say he'd decided not to come to the wedding as his fiancée thought with them planning to have a new house built it would be such a waste of money.

"Pease yourself," Judith had snapped, crying and cutting the call. Well little had changed; Harry had long lost his sensitivity in their relationship. She expected soon he'd stop calling the kids and then birthday and Christmas presents would be the next to go.

An hour later that disappointment was smothered when her sister called.

Maxine was excited to advise she'd had a dress fitting as matron on honor. "It looks so gorgeous on me. I've never worn lilac before."

"I had thought sky blue like the bridesmaids but Linda my mother-in-law said no, that judging by your photo you were worthy of your own standout color and it was she who suggested lilac."

"So you still describe yourself as 'best mates' with your new extended family?

"Yes, for some reason they all like me."

"And probably very much," Maxine said dryly. "God only eight more steep nights before we head for Sydney, Are your two brothers-by-in law worth a try?"

"Darling please, this is to be my second and my best wedding. Don 't fuck it up."

THE END