Chapter 03: Dear John

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,296 Followers

With that I stood up and told him that was fine with me but if he didn't kill me, he'd live to regret it. The asshole gave up before he even started.

"Keith please leave and don't ever call me again. We're finished and you can pick up your shit tomorrow; it'll be in a trash bag on the driveway. I thought about burning it all but Steve talked me out of it, why I haven't a clue. So if you don't mind, can you please leave, Steve and I still have some unfinished business; you know your way out," she said kissing me and stroked my dick.

Destroyed, totally destroyed and I didn't even skin a knuckle.

We waited until we heard the door slam before we got off the bed.

"You think he bought it?"

"Hook, line and sinker," I told her.

"You know, we could do at least a few of those things I told him we did; all but the anal that is."

"As much as I'd love to," I said tweaking her nipple, "I'd be no better than him because all it would be is a revenge fuck."

"Don't you think you'd like it?"

"Hell yes, but you deserve more than a quick roll in the hay with someone you met just two hours ago."

"Steve, you're a good man. If when you get out and you're not taken, maybe you can give me a call. You know, for old times sake," she said kissing me again. "Last chance." I did the honorable thing, damn it. I got what I came for and I was leaving with my head held high but with a raging hard-on.

"What are we doing Cindy?" I asked as we finished our second session of the night.

"It is true, you went the whole twelve months without getting laid. I called John a damn liar but it is true. Wow, no wonder you're so horny. Come to momma and she'll take care of you," she said me trying to get me hard again.

"Cindy, stop for a minute will you," I said not believing I was telling this sexy girl not to blow me again. "What are we doing here, you and I? Is it just sex or anything else?" I guess I took her a little bit by surprise.

"Steve, we're enjoying each others company what do you think we're doing?"

"To tell you the truth, I haven't a clue. The first couple of nights were great. Hell, it was the best sex of my life but is that all it is?"

Cindy lit a cigarette. "Go on, I want to hear this," she said blowing the smoke towards me.

"All right, here it is, I like you."

"Be still my heart, Steve, I like you too," she said kind of mocking me.

"I mean I really like you. Your smart, independent and know what you want. You don't care about what others think of you and you're really a caring person."

"And I'm great in bed, right?"

"Great doesn't even come close to describing what you do, but it's more than that."

"Steve, I've had a total of four boyfriends and I cheated on all four. I didn't mean to, it just happened when they weren't around. Well, I guess Tommy was technically there but he was in the next room," she said babbling on. "What I'm trying to say, I'm not good at it."

"Ever want to try again? You know, number five?"

"Steve, I'm scared. I like you and have had a fantastic time with you. You're not bad in bed," she said with a laugh as I frowned. "You treat me as something more than a place to drop your load and get off with, but girl- friend boyfriend, I don't know."

"Think about it will you?'

She finally agreed and we went back to trying to knock each other's socks off. "Not bad, I'll show her not bad," I said to myself.

My last week was hard for everyone around me. My family as getting used to me being home and Cindy now said I was better than average but she added that she was also grading on a curve. I almost asked her one night how many guys she'd slept with but figured all it would do was make me feel that much more inadequate. We still went out every night and switched having dinner at either her parents or mine. She got some her friend to swap schedules so we had most nights to each other.

It was Friday night and we were back at the HiLo Motel. The night clerk gave us a funny look when we checked in and put us in the far end room towards the back. I was flying out Sunday morning so we had only two days left.

I thought Cindy was trying to kill me or at least damage me enough where I couldn't fly out Sunday. We did things that were banned in the King James Bible and most southern states including Florida.

"You going to miss me?" she asked snuggling up to me.

"You know I will," I said kissing her and then sucking on her bottom lip.

"I'm going to miss the hell out of you. How much time do you actually have left before you're finally discharged?"

"A total of ninety-two days counting Sunday."

"And you're going to be in Barstow, California the whole time? I looked on the map, and there really isn't anything there, do you know that?"

"It's a supply depot in the middle of the desert just south of Twenty-nine Palms which is the other Marine base. If you think Barstow is bad, Twenty- nine Palms is the arm pit of all the bases in California."

"Will you write me?" she asked.

"Everyday."

"Good, this way I'll be able to keep tabs on you."

"What do you think, I'll find some woman marine to replace you?"

"Steve, stranger things have happened."

"Not to me babes, remember Ann?"

"Steve, I'm going to try my best to be good, but you've got to keep in contact with me to make me strong, do you understand? I've never gone four weeks without sex and ninety-one days is going to really push my endurance to the limit."

"Look, I don't want to make you crazy or for you to hate me because you think I'm forcing you to do this. All you have to know is that I want to see you when I get back, ok?"

I think it was more than ok with her. She kept mentioning the number five all the way to the airport.

"My dad said to tell you Semper Fi, whatever that means. And to thank you for taking care of his little girl."

"You didn't tell him everything we did, did you?"

"What are you nuts? He still thinks I'm a virgin and am saving myself for my wedding night. He still looks on me as his little girl."

I kicked her out at the door to the terminal. It would be just too damn hard for the two of us at the gate.

"Call me when you get there and no flirting with the stewardesses," she said making me promise. We kissed twice more and she was gone.

I got into Barstow at one o'clock in the morning. I was wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt; I froze my ass off. Who would have thought it would be this damn cold in the desert; isn't it supposed to be hot all the time?

I was given a bunk in a large barracks and settled in. I called Cindy and said I missed her all ready. They put me in charge of a cash sales outlet that was staffed by all women civilians. All were over forty and had worked on base for at least the last ten years. They took me under their wing and I became their adopted son.

The cash sales was adjacent to the company pool so every day at lunch I swam laps for my full hour. Sometimes they would tell me to just stay by the pool and if they needed me they knew where to find me. I told them about Nam, Ann and Cindy. Or should I say just a little about Cindy; after all, I didn't want to embarrass them.

I wrote Cindy every day and called her once a week on either Friday or Saturday night. After six weeks, when I called her on Saturday night, her dad informed me she was out on a date. Shades of Ann went through my head. I guess deep down I knew Cindy would never make it through the full ninety days, but I was pulling for her just the same. After that I just wrote but not every day any longer, and didn't call on the weekends either.

She sent me letters but she seemed agitated that I wasn't calling her on the weekends and wanted to know why. I tried once more on a Saturday a month later.

"Hi Steve, how's California?" her dad asked.

"Hot and dry but I'm almost done. Cindy around? I asked.

"You just missed her, she went out on a date."

"Fuck," I said under my breath.

"I'll tell her you called, she be sorry she missed your call." I thanked him and hung up. Guess I didn't even warrant a Dear John letter this time.

It beats me why I continued to write her, I guess I was just bored and didn't have any thing better to do. The NCO club was small and although I made a few friends I would be gone soon so I was just marking time before I was out. But she wrote, I wrote to her and everyone else. I felt like I was dealing with Ann again.

They wanted me to re-up. I told them thanks but no thanks. I enrolled at the University of Minnesota College and was given a two-week early out so I could register and start classes in the second summer session. This time I told everyone I was coming home, including Cindy.

Why is it I always got the late night flights? It didn't really bother me because I could always sleep. I reread Cindy's last two letters that went on and on saying basically nothing; I think she finally lost it. I finally fell asleep the last hour before we landed.

I figured my dad would be the one to pick me up so I was looking for him when I got off the plane, but it was Cindy who met me. She ran into my arms and kissed me nonstop for the next five minutes as everyone else getting off the plane had to walk around us. I didn't say anything but just starred at her.

"Come on, let's get the hell out of here," she said beaming. "Your dad dropped off your car at my place last night so I could pick you up."

I got my duffel and we headed out to the parking garage, it was a lot warmer this time. When I threw my stuff in the trunk, she gave me my keys and we got in.

"Cindy why are you here?" I asked to a now stunned Cindy.

"What do you mean why am I here? I've been waiting for you for the last ninety-one days, do you have any idea how hard that was for me?"

"It couldn't have been too hard, every time I called you were out with some guy on a date. At least you didn't send me a Dear John letter but I kind of wish you had so I wouldn't have to go through this shit all over again."

Cindy looked at me like I was crazy.

"Steve, what the hell are you talking about? I didn't go out with any guys while you were gone. Where in the hell did you get that idea?"

"Cindy your dad told me; are you calling your dad a liar?"

"Drive, just fucking drive to my house," she said. I could see the steam coming out of her ears. We drove in complete silence until we pulled up to her house. "Come with me," she yelled bolting from the car. Cindy ran into her house yelling for her dad. It was six AM and her dad was still in bed. He walked out rubbing his eyes and when he saw me he smiled.

"Welcome back Steve, you finally done?'

Cindy immediately cut in.

"Dad, remember when Steve called me and you said I wasn't home, what did you tell him?"

"I told him you were out on a date."

"A date, you told him I was on a date?"

"Yeah, a date, you, Jenny and Sue. What's the problem?"

"What's the problem? Steve thought I was out with some guy, that's what the problem is."

"I'm sorry Steve, if I led you to believe Cindy was stepping out on you. Hell, she spent most of her nights working overtime to save money."

I looked at her and she at me. "See, I told I wasn't screwing around on you. Steve, why in the hell didn't you say something?"

"I just thought I had another Ann on my hands."

"Thanks a lot Steve," Cindy said folding her arms in front of her. "Putting me in the same category as Ann. I probably shouldn't even give you your surprise."

"Babes, I'm sorry.

"Thanks dad, at least for straightening out the mess you made," Cindy said taking me by the arm. "Before you say another word let me talk. I haven't been with anyone since the day you left," she said smiling at me. It about killed me but I wanted to see if I could do it, not only for you but for me also. Maybe I am finally starting to get it together and grow up. So right now I'm as pure as the driven snow, well almost anyway. I've got a room booked for us at the HiLo Motel and told them I wanted one all the way in the back. I told your mother she wouldn't see you until tomorrow but you'd call her when you got in. There's a six pack of beer in our room and we can always have a pizza delivered if you get hungry," she said going on and on.

"Is there anything you didn't take care of?" I said smiling and moving over for another kiss.

"If there is, we'll pick it up on the way."

I called mom and said I'd see her tomorrow. I think I caught a bit of a snicker when she told me not to have too much fun. A good Catholic mom would never say that would she? Anyway we did have fun.

I swear to God I thought she was going to kill me. Thankfully I'd slept the last hour of the flight because we didn't get much sleep in the next twenty-four hours. All I remember her saying is how much she missed me and especially how much she missed having sex with me.

We drove over to my house the next day and my mom greeted me with a big kiss and hug.

"Well, I see you're still alive. By the way Cindy's been mopping around here for the last two months I figured you'd both be walking a little funny." If I didn't know any better, I would have swore I saw Cindy blush.

I started school and we became exclusive. Being the low person on the totem pole, she got most of the garbage shift hours but at least the changed every three months. Between my classes, homework and her working we struggled to make a go of it. After eight months sneaking in any hours we could I made a decision.

"Cindy, what would you say to us moving in together?" I sprung on her one Saturday night at dinner; well it was pizza and a beer on my parents' deck.

She didn't answer, she didn't have to, her kiss said it all.

"You know my dad is going to hate the idea and your mom and dad are not going to like it much either; but I love the idea."

She was right we had a fight on our hands. We heard all the things we expected. I was still in school, how would we live, what was the big hurry and didn't we know we'd be living in SIN, in Gods eyes anyway.

I had all the right answers worked out. The V.A. money would be enough to pay my books and tuition along with food. With Cindy working full time and me part time we'd have more than enough money. Then came the tough one. I told them I wasn't going to get married until after I graduated and got a full time job.

"Mom, living with her twenty four seven will only bring us closer together and don't lay the guilt trip on me about what everyone will say. And if you haven't guess by now we know each other in the biblical sense but are making sure there won't be any additions to our family. My dad was ok with it from the start but her dad was a different matter.

The phrase why would a guy marry a girl when he can get the milk for free were the first words out of his mouth. Her mother didn't like it either but after Cindy had a private talk with her she came around. I guess her father didn't like the fact that his little girl was growing up.

Since we weren't giving them a choice, they finally accepted it and even helped us decorate. Her dad wanted a key but Cindy told him flatly no way.

It felt really weird coming home to each other for a while. We could do anything we wanted, whenever, and we took full advantage. When the neighbor lady came to our door and talked to Cindy she told me we had to keep it down after eleven o'clock at night. I guess her husband told her that they should be doing it more after hearing us every night. Life was pretty good.

Fifteen months after we moved in I decided to take it to the next level. Cindy got off work at two-thirty in the morning and had pulled a double shift. She was bone tired as she dragged her ass into the apartment. We kissed and I talked her into taking a shower with me.

"Steve, I know your not going to believe this, but all I want to do is sleep tonight. I promise I'll take care of you in the morning." We made out in the shower, but I even balked when she tried to give me a blowjob.

I dried off my girl and put her to bed. I gave her a half ass back rub because she fell asleep on me ten minutes after I started. I waited until I knew she was dead asleep before I took out the ring and slipped it on her finger. I didn't get much sleep that night.

Sometime during the night she'd come over and was now pressed against my side. I was awake by eight o'clock and was just waiting for her. I took a strand of her hair and dragged it across her face. She twitched the first time and tried to wipe it away the second and third times. Every time I did it, I'd pretend to be asleep breathing deeply and not moving. The last time I dragged it under her nose and left it there and she wiped her face with her hand and was finally awake.

I waited and waited; but nothing happened. I moved a little bit closer to her, pretending I was half asleep. Finally, finally after almost ten minutes our world erupted.

I heard, "what the hell?" and then, "holy shit," as she started bouncing on the bed.

"Babes, can you hold it down a little, I'm trying to sleep," I said trying not to laugh.

"Steve, yes, yes, yes, yes," she shouted jumping on me kissing me all over my face.

"Cindy what are you talking about?" I said before smiling and losing it.

I know it was early and Cindy made way too much noise but we were celebrating this morning. I guess we could have called her parents and mine but she was wound way too tight. After a quick shower we hit her parents' house than mine. The first question from both sides was, when?

"Not until I graduate," was my only reply. That gave them almost eighteen months to get it planned.

John and Craig thought I was nuts but their girlfriends were all in an uproar. I guess they were now looking at their own relationships. "Thanks buddy," were their exact words.

It was a fast eighteen months as there was always something to do or look at. I let them make ninety percent of the decisions, but I did put my foot down when the guest list hit one hundred and fifty.

"Cindy, I wanted a small casual wedding with just family and a few close friends. I don't want this to be a social event or a splash." She cut back the guest list and her father privately thanked me.

It went on without a hitch. We had a short honeymoon because money was tight after the wedding. We were happy like any newlyweds should be. The guy next door told me that because of us his sex life was a lot better and he'd kill me if we ever thought about moving. We had our first disagreement six months after we got married.

Cindy was reading the newspaper when she saw an announcement. She dragged my ass to the mall and we went shopping for a wedding gift, for Ann. Against my objections, Cindy sent a beautiful crystal bowl to her as a wedding present. When I asked why? She just looked at me and said, "You're the college boy, you figure it out."

Guys can be so brain dead sometimes.

Slirpuff
Slirpuff
4,296 Followers