Charlie Ch. 05-08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Beep!

Nathan: You didn't eat yet.

Charlie closed her eyes and gritted her teeth. Fuck him! She opened the book in front of her and began to read. There wasn't anything too exciting about the book. Occasionally, to get her interest back into the reading, she scanned for the sex scene pages to have something interesting to read. It was then that the music started from Nathan's room across the small alley way between their buildings, "Broken" by Seether and Amy Lee. Charlie actually put her book to the side and rolled onto her back. Playing one of her favorite songs. Cool. Playing it to get to me, well that was just mean. She listened to the lyrics about not feeling right when the other person was gone. She had even gone so far as to sing a bit of it under her breath.

There was a small break and some silence. Then, another song began. Charlie actually had to smile for a moment. Nathan definitely had a way with his music. Now, it was "Crash and Burn" by Savage Garden. No fair playing their anthem of friendship. Charlie kept her eyes closed as she listened to the song. Yeah, the lyrics reminded her that Nathan had her back, but that wasn't going to cut it at this moment. She was still pissed about the whole shower thing.

She grabbed her phone that was lying next to her and put in a phone call to Melanie, another one of her good friends from college.

"Hey Mellie!"

"Charlie, my favorite porn writer. What you up to, chica?" Charlie could hear a rush of noise on the receiver of her phone. No doubt Melanie was at some fantastic club with some fantastic guy about ready to have some fantastic sex of her own. She was just that beautiful and charming.

"Not much. Just need a break from the writing. Where you at?" Charlie sat up and scooted the edge of her bed. A night out on the town was beginning to sound appealing. She didn't feel like lying around all night listening to his weak apologetic attempts through music. Distraction was needed at this point.

"I'm at Name right now. If you hurry, I've have a few things waiting for you." Melanie was now basically screaming in her ear.

"Give me 45 minutes. Be sure my name is at the door!" Charlie was now screaming back into her own phone to make sure Melanie got the message.

"Will do." Click and silence.

Charlie jumped off the bed and went to her closet. She stood looking at the pile of clothes, wondering what she might wear. She really wasn't one to do the whole "whore" look that many of the girls at the clubs used, but she at least needed to put on a good show of her endowments. She grabbed her favorite pair of jeans, the ones that actually made her butt look decent and held in her stomach. Next, a black lacy sleeveless top. Not cut so low that her boobs would pop out, but low enough to show off a decent amount of cleavage. A nice pair of black heels would finish off the outfit.

After dressing, she moved into the bathroom to fix her hair and makeup. A bit of a shag within her long tresses and some bangs to cover a bit of her eyes. Some makeup to accentuate her eyes and a dark wine red lipstick. Standing back from the mirror, she did a bit of a twist and turn to check that everything looked okay. Feeling half way decent about her appearance, she moved back to her room. After grabbing her phone, she clicked her way down the stairs and headed for the kitchen. She opened a drawer next to the back door and pulled out her "clubbing" purse. Small enough that she could tuck it into her back pocket, but large enough to hold her ID, some money, a pack of cigs, and a lighter. Thankfully, it was still warm enough at night that she really didn't need a jacket.

She opened the back door and almost stepped on top of a sandwich. A small growl came out of her lips. She grabbed the sandwich and its plate and shoved it onto the nearest counter. Nathan! Pulling the door closed, she made her way off of the balcony. Passing in front of Nathan's balcony, she heard a small cough. He sat on one of his chairs with a book resting in his lap. Charlie dropped her head in order to avoid eye contact with him. Eye contact would mean truce. No way in hell!

Standing up straight, she drew on what confidence she had. Charlie continued her walk in front of his balcony. A low whistle drifted through the air. Nope! Not looking! She continued walking, the click of her heels loud on the pavement, a middle finger extended. Shortly, she was out of the courtyard and making her way down the street. Once she made it to Central Avenue, she gave a brisk run to cross the lanes of traffic. The light rail station was only an eighth of a mile down the street. Luckily, she didn't have to wait too long at the station before the next train approached. She boarded the train and remained standing. The jeans she was wearing weren't the kind for sitting; the possibility of cutting of leg circulation would become a reality if she sat down. Instead, she held onto the pole and wobbled on her heels. Let the evening begin!

12