Charlie's Pain And Healing

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Charlie turned to Amanda and looked her in the eyes. He licked his lips and took a deep breath. "Amanda," He said. "I have only been alive these last several weeks when I was talking to you on the phone or when I was with you here and on the road. I have wanted to say something to you but I just couldn't. Amanda I know my wife hasn't been gone long but... Amanda I love you and I want to marry you. Will you marry me?"

Amanda looked shocked and her mother said, "Oh, My."

Finally Amanda saw the little box Charlie was holding out toward her and shook herself. She reached for the ring in the box and picked it up. She slowly placed it on her left ring finger and turned to Charlie. She said, "Yes Charlie. I have loved you since before you left here to go back home. I wanted to tell you several times but I still felt Charlene with us, between us. I wanted to tell you many times on the phone then I found I needed to tell you something else but the time wasn't right. I didn't want you to do anything you didn't want to do so I just." Amanda shrugged her shoulders and fell silent.

By now Charlie and her parents were staring at Amanda. It was plain no one understood a thing she was babbling about. Finally Amanda took a deep breath. She was blushing but she grabbed Charlie's hand and looked him in the eyes as she said, "Charlie I wasn't being careful while you were here and I'm afraid...Charlie we're going to have a baby. I didn't want to tell you and make you feel like you had to marry me." She looked up at Charlie and rushed on with her statements. "I was going to tell you soon, honest. I just... I'm sorry and I... Well I know it's your child. I haven't been with anyone else since I was divorced but if you want we can have tests done after it's born..."

Annalee gasped and Howard said, "What the heck? Just when were you going to tell us about this. For that matter when were you going to tell Charlie here young woman?"

Amanda looked defiant and glanced at Charlie before she faced her father. She said, "I was going to tell you when I had to. I have income and insurance so it's not as if you had anything to do with it. As for Charlie, I wasn't sure when I would tell him. I didn't want to make him think he was responsible or that he had to do anything."

Amanda turned once more to Charlie and said, "I didn't want to make you feel like you had to marry me Honey. Oh, I wouldn't have kept your child from you. I remember how you said you felt when you and Charlene couldn't have children but I wanted you to marry me for me if we were to ever get married, not for the child."

Charlie sat there in shock for a few seconds then he pulled Amanda to him. He gave her a very big kiss and pulled her onto his lap. He just sat there holding her while her mother and father droned on in the background. All at once Amanda pushed away from him and looked at him. She said "Charlie you said you had two things you needed to do when you came out here. I guess we've covered one of them what is the other one?"

Charlie came out of his trance and looked around the room. He looked at Amanda then at her parents. "Well," he said. "I wanted to see Amanda and ask her to marry me. I also wanted to offer her a job. The job had nothing to do with the marriage proposal though. The manager of our feed store is retiring and his assistant isn't ready for the job. I remembered Amanda said she had managed a Farm Supply store until her divorce and I thought..."

Amanda laughed and punched him on the arm then she said, "Sounds like you intended to get me back to Steelville any way you could didn't you? Do you really need a manager? Are you sure your grandfather would want me to do it?"

Charlie looked at Amanda and said, "Yes and yes. I told him I thought I could find a manager for him and that I would be back when I had."

About that time Howard began yawning. He looked around the room and said, "Well, I think we got enough talkin' done for the night. I need to get some sleep. We can hash out the rest of it in the morning."

Everyone stood and headed for the stairs. Amanda latched onto Charlie and wouldn't let go of his hand. She pulled him past the room he had used the last time and into her bedroom. At the door she turned and stuck her head out. "Good night Mama. We'll see you in the morning."

After she said that she closed her door and turned to face Charlie. She lifted her gown over her head and looked Charlie in the eyes. Charlie watched her as she walked slowly up to him and began to unbutton his shirt. In no time he was naked and they were on her bed. This time he gave her a passionate kiss and moved his head between her legs. He already knew how she liked her cunt licked and went right to it. In no time Amanda was moaning and repeating his name. She let out a shriek when she had her first orgasm. Charlie was sure her parents had to hear and felt a little embarrassed.

After Amanda had three more orgasms she pulled Charlie up over her. She drew her knees up and spread her legs. She whispered, "Love me please Charlie. Oh, God Charlie please love me. I need you so."

Charlie was glad to oblige. He moved between her legs and gently fed his cock into his new love, his future wife. They moved together like they had been doing it for years. Charlie was so horny that his orgasm came almost too fast. He was finishing when Amanda had her last one. Charlie smiled down at Amanda then leaned in for a last gentle kiss. After they kissed, he rolled to the side and they fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning Annalee knocked on the door to wake them. She said, "If those mountain lions didn't eat you last night you need to get up and come down for breakfast you two."

Amanda shrieked when she saw the time. It was already 9 a.m. Charlie laughed and looked at Amanda. She was blushing when she threw the covers back. Before she could get out of bed Charlie grabbed her and pulled her back. Before she was allowed up he made sure she was well and thoroughly kissed.

Charlie and Amanda wandered downstairs and into a madhouse. Apparently Annalee had been busy that morning. There were three young women sitting in the living room visiting when they came down the stairs. They all looked up at the two lovers and jumped to their feet. A tall lanky brunet Charlie later found out to be Dorothy burst out with a question.

Dorothy asked, "Amanda how dare you keep something this yummy from us? Just when were you planning to tell the best friends you have in the world about your new man? We had to hear it from my Momma after yours called her this morning. We ought to beat you! Why we never even knew you were seeing anyone!" Charlie was pushed aside when all three of the young women ran up to Amanda and gave her a big hug.

After he was introduced, Charlie walked bemusedly into the kitchen. The four chattering women returned to the living room. Annalee smiled and handed Charlie first a cup of coffee, then a plate full of ham, eggs and potatoes. He looked at her and said, "Thank you. I sure seem to be hungry this morning. I'm sorry I sort of overslept. You know I'm usually up way before this."

Annalee smiled and said, "I suspect you were tired from the long drive and maybe even from wrestling that catamount I heard in Amanda's room last night." Charlie looked at her face and saw her smiling impishly. He felt a small blush and just nodded.

Over the course of the next two days it was decided the wedding would be there in Amanda's parents house in two weeks. They would then take a leisurely trip back to Missouri for their honeymoon. Charlie didn't have much to do most of the day so he began helping Mr. Stiles and the ranch hands occasionally. He even did some veterinarian work for Mr. Stiles. Of course he and Amanda did go into town some and they rode some also. Charlie realized he was as happy as he had been in several years. He was truly over Charlene and though she would always have a special place in his heart he was ready to move on.

Charlie was pretty good on a computer so he was assigned the job of designing invitations, addressing and mailing them. He was working on this task one day after he had been gone for a week. He frowned when the ringing of his phone interrupted his concentration.

He absent-mindedly picked up the phone and saw the call was from his mother. Almost before he said hello she was berating him for leaving in such a hurry and not telling anyone where he had gone. Charlie was embarrassed. He realized he hadn't even told his grandfather where he was going or what he was actually going to do. Of course he had told the family some of the things he had done on his first trip home and he knew he had told them about Amanda but he hadn't told them he had fallen in love with her and was going to Colorado to try and get her.

Finally Charlie broke in on his mother's tirade and said, "Hold it Mother. I know I screwed up and I'm sorry. Until you called just now I thought I had made it clear to Grandpa where I was and what I was doing. He did tell you what I was trying to do didn't he?"

Jennifer thought a minute then said, "All I remember him saying was you thought you could find him a Farm Store Manager and you would be gone for a while to see him. Now what's that got to do with you dropping from sight and sound for a week and worrying us all to death?"

By now Amanda and her mother were standing in the doorway looking at Charlie. They had horrified expressions on their faces and Amanda walked into the room and said in a very angrily horrified voice, "Charles Fielding. Do you mean to tell me you haven't even told your own parents about us? How could you?"

Amanda spoke loudly enough his mother heard part of what she said. She asked, "Charlie who was that and just what did she mean about you not telling me something?"

Charlie actually looked pale and stared up at Amanda with a pleading expression. He said to both women, "Look, I'm sorry. I just got immersed in the minutia and forgot to call. I..." He took a deep breath and resumed, "I did sort of leave to get a store manager but I guess I didn't make it too plain to Grandpa. I'm in Colorado Mother and I'm getting married in ten days. Can you and the family make it? Amanda's the"

Jennifer broke into his sentence and screeched, "WHAT? Charles Fielding did you say you were in Colorado and about to get married?"

That was all Charlie heard because Amanda had finally heard enough. She grabbed his phone and took it from him. He sat there staring at her as she started talking to his mother. She said, "Mrs. Fielding this is Amanda. Amanda Stiles. Did Charlie even tell you anything about me?...Oh, he did huh. Well at least that's something I guess. Mrs. OK, Jennifer then. Jennifer I was in love with Charlie before he even left our ranch two months ago but I just couldn't tell him. Not with Charlene being gone so recently."

"What? Oh, yes. We are. Well of course you're all invited. In fact that is what Charlie was doing when you called. We have him working on the invitations. We were going to mail them tomorrow. I just had no idea he hadn't even called you or.."

Amanda smiled and said, "Yes I think we can do that. Montrose Colorado is the closest. You just let me know. My phone number is XXX-XXX-XXXX.. Oh, the more the merrier. We may not have rooms for all of you but I'm sure we can get motel rooms. Ok. Thanks. Bye."

Amanda handed Charlie his phone and just looked at him in disgust. "Charlie how could you not even tell your parents?" She ran from the room crying. Charlie looked at Annalee and shrugged his shoulders. He ran after Amanda.

Charlie found Amanda crying in what had now become their bedroom. He sat on the side of the bed and pulled her to him. He said, "Honey, I'm sorry. I just didn't think. I was so happy and we got so busy here making plans I just..."

Charlie finally got Amanda calmed down and she wandered off to do whatever she had been doing before. He returned to his computer. Once again he was interrupted by a phone call. This time he saw it was his Grandfather.

Jim said, "Charlie you sure stirred up a nest of hornets down here. Do you know what you're doing son?"

"Yeah Grandpa I do. You made me realize the other morning in the coffee shop that I really love Amanda and I want her to be my wife. I remembered she was a Farm Store Manager and thought that she would fit in well there in our store. I got to thinking how great it would be if she were there all the time and I realized I didn't really care if she managed the store or not but I wanted her there with me all the time. I had looked forward to our calls while I was home and we were talking almost every day so I finally woke up. I really thought I had told you what I was doing though."

Jim laughed and said, "Son all you told me was you were going off to get us a farm store manager. Well never mind. Your mother and the other women folks are chattering like magpies. I think some of them are going to fly out as soon as they can get tickets then most of us men folks are going to drive out. Why don't you just e-mail directions to me for that?"

After his grandfather hung up Charlie began thinking. He decided he needed to make more phone calls and get more people in the loop. He called some of his friends in Washington and he called Jack and Donna also. When Donna heard the news she let out a whoop and said, "I knew this was going to happen. Any fool could see from the way the two of you looked in camp that it was just a matter of time. Can we come to the wedding? We're just down the road at the Royal Gorge and can make it in plenty of time."

Charlie laughed and told her yes. They talked for a short time then he hung up. He only had one more call to make and he was afraid it was going to be a hard one. He had to call Charlene's parents. When they answered the phone Charlie couldn't talk. He didn't know what to say or how to say it. Finally Marilyn said, "Charlie is something wrong. We know it's you because of the caller ID. Charlie?"

Charlie finally found his voice and said, "No Marilyn nothing's wrong exactly but I... Well Charlene's gone now and I, well..."

Marilyn broke in to the conversation and said, "Charlie come on, spit it out. What are you trying to tell me?" There seemed to be a small catch in her voice but she waited for Charlie to answer.

Charlie finally got the courage to answer. He said, "Well, I'm getting married in a few days and I...Well I wanted you to hear it from me first. You know I loved Charlene with all my heart but...well, she's gone now and I've met someone. I met her almost a year after... Well, when I was driving home from Washington after I sold the office I stopped at a festival. She had a sick horse and I helped her with it. I guess it started there. Her family lives outside Glenwood Springs Colorado-between there and Montrose. That's where I'm calling from and where the wedding is going to be. I would like you to come if you can. If you can't though I understand. It's in ten days and...well, I guess I need to tell you we're going to have a baby too."

Marilyn gasped and started to say something but Charlie broke in, "No, it's not that. She didn't even tell me until after I had asked her to marry me. I'm sure it's mine though if that's what was going through your mind. Now, please, I haven't even told my family yet so..."

"Oh, Charlie. I know how much you wanted children. I just wish.." Marilyn was quiet and Charlie could hear sniffling in the background then he heard Fred and her talking.

Fred came on the line and said, "Charlie she's pretty upset now. I don't know if we'll be there or not but you got our blessing boy. We know you wouldn't marry the girl if you didn't love her. And we're happy you found someone and are going on with your life. We're both happy about the baby too. Every man needs children. Sometimes I just wish we could have had more..." Fred's voice broke too and he said, "Charlie I gotta go. Keep in touch, ya hear?" Charlie heard the clatter as the phone hung up.

The next day Amanda and her mother drove to town for supplies. Charlie was in the office with Homer when they returned. They were making way too much noise and bumping and banging things getting them through the door. It sounded like way too many voices too. Charlie and Homer went to investigate.

Charlie walked into the hallway and came face to face with his mother. Just behind her was his grandmother. Jennifer just hugged Charlie and whispered in his ear, "Charlie, she's so sweet. I think she loves you very much. I think you'll be so happy together." Jennifer stood back from Charlie and said in a louder voice, "But Charlie if you ever do something like this to me again I'll beat you half to death!"

Amanda smiled and wrapped her arm around him. She said, "Don't worry Mrs. Fielding. This is the LAST time either one of us is getting married and I'll make sure you know everything you need to know from now on even if he doesn't."

Jennifer looked at Amanda and said, "I've told you my name is Jennifer. Now I don't want to hear Mrs. Fielding again."

Annalee cleared her throat and Amanda looked at her. She seemed to turn white and then blushed. She looked up at Charlie and turned to her mother once again. "Now?" she asked. "Can't we wait a few..." Annalee pressed her lips together, stood silently and shook her head no.

Amanda sighed and grabbed Charlie again. This time she held him tighter and said, "Would you ladies like to come into the living room. Charlie and I have something we need to tell you."

Charlie, Amanda, Jennifer, Ann, his grandmother, and Annalee all walked into the living room. Amanda cleared her throat and blushed deeply then she turned to the already seated women. She said, "You see...Well, I'm pregnant and..."

Jennifer and Ann gasped and looked at Charlie. Before they could say anything Amanda spoke once again. "It's not what you think. I didn't tell Charlie to make him marry me. I made the mistake and. I waited until after he asked me to marry him before I told him about the baby. I didn't want a man that didn't want to marry me for me."

Amanda saw the looks on her future in laws faces and rushed on. "I would have told him. I know how much he wanted children and I would have never kept his child from him but..." Amanda wailed, "But I wanted him to want ME first."

Charlie reached out and pulled her to him then settled her on his lap. He looked at his mother and grandmother to see if he could determine their reaction. He said, "Look, this may not have been the best time to tell you but you did need to know. I had decided I loved Amanda before I even knew about the child. I know we were careless but I just didn't think. She has offered to get DNA testing done after it is born but I...Well, I trust her and that's not something I intend to put her through."

Jennifer's face broke up and she started crying. She said, "Oh, Charlie. I'm so happy for you; for you both. I wish you had waited but..." Jennifer stood and hugged Charlie and Amanda. "Now I guess we'd better get this wedding over with so my first grandchild can join the family properly."

After that, Charlie was shunted aside and the women took over. He and Homer finally just took to sitting outside on the porch. More often than not they had a few beers and got to know each other better and better. When the Fielding males arrived they really began to party.

Finally the day of the wedding arrived. Everyone was excited and fluttering around waiting on the starting time. Homer looked up and saw a trail of dust coming down the road. He said, "What the? Looks like some darn RV'er has got lost again. Come on boy let's turn them around before they get dust all over everything."

Charlie looked and could see the RV then he smiled and said, "Hang on there Homer. That may be some friends of mine and Amanda's. They travel around the country all the time in an RV and we invited them. Sure enough, when the RV pulled up Charlie could see Jack and Donna inside. They descended and were introduced all around.