Charmaine's Meaningful Affair

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sometimes things are important enough to require verification."

He grinned. "Well said."

"I'm forty-two with two teenagers and a husband I have no wish to leave."

Earl said, "I'm your junior because I'm only forty with three children, all under ten, who keep my wife on the run and currently she has lost interest in sex."

"Perhaps she's over-worked?"

"I provide her with home help for five hours a day, seven days a week. I too have no wish to leave my family for another woman."

"So we have this unwritten contract sorted?"

"Yes, I'll contribute fully to your project with the promise my total privacy is guaranteed."

"That I promise. Thank you. When can we begin... er the sex?"

"Every Wednesday evening if you wish. My parents who now live on the coast keep a small apartment here in the city. I have set it up as an office and for some five years I've stayed there every Wednesday night, often working late. But while you are in my life I can adjust my workload."

"No I'm sorry Earl but that wouldn't work for me. I wouldn't like my husband thinking Wednesday evening is my away fuck night."

"I see because in his position I wouldn't like it either. Then what about an afternoon, say 1:00 to 3:00? I often have two or even three-hour lunches with clients or when attempting to win over a prospective client."

"Yes, that would be fine," Charmaine said. "Also I could go away with you to conventions... I guess you go to those?"

"Yes usually three times a year."

"If you took me you could book into a non-convention hotel and then you wouldn't have to explain me to your pals."

"No it would be okay. Many don't take their spouses so spouses who attend regularly become used to seeing guys accompanied by different women and generally accept it's wise to keep their mouths shut. Also they know if they try they might get lucky."

"How very decadent."

"Indeed."

Standing outside the restaurant Earl said, "Well?"

"Next Tuesday afternoon would suit me. You can come to my apartment if you wish."

"No my parents' apartment is best. Many of the apartments in that building have been converted into commercial units so no eyebrows will be raised within that building."

"Earl, I haven't..."

"I've only had three affairs myself. It's never easy but it has all the comforts of proper sex and is far preferable to a quickie out in the car lot."

"I've never engaged in one of those."

"Oh."

Charmaine faltered even further. "We mightn't hit it off."

"Sweetie, relax. We won't know the answer to that one until we plow for the first time."

"Plow, I thought..."

"What I meant to say was until we have delightful sex."

Charmaine smiled and patted his arm and said she liked the sound of that.

CHAPTER 2

Charmaine was aware of slight tension between Douglas and her. She knew he'd be fretting about her being with someone else, wondering if she'd started the affair. She'd noticed a decline in his performance in bed and wondered had his mistress noticed sub-par libido. If she knew the woman's identity she'd be tempted to call her to exchange notes. Yeah? She'd be more tempted to cut out the bitch's ovaries. Charmaine clutched her chest, her breathing picking up. God how could a nice person like her even think in that manner. Being a writer? Um yes, that was reasonably plausible.

On Tuesday it was raining as Charmaine entered the apartment building. Everyone should be home on a rainy afternoon fucking. If people did that they wouldn't be depressed by rain, she reasoned.

She hit the doorbell confidently and then felt herself shaking. God what was there to be afraid about in fucking a man, especially when it was for research?

* * *

Earl had been waiting anxiously. He put on his best smile and opened the door. Charmaine choked, "Take me to the bedroom and kiss me passionately."

They did that and Earl cautioned, "Charmaine, slow down. You'll have me ejaculating too early."

She appeared deaf and yanked her top off and removed her bra at breathtaking speed and pulled Earl's hands on to her boobs and that made him breathless. Never had he been up close to a pair of bared beauties like these and so f-i-r-m. His wife had soft tits and wore padded bras.

God what was Charmaine doing. She swore foully when she failed to unbuckle him in one hit so had yanked down his zip and was digging it out, the erection growing in her hand.

She appeared disappointed and his head hung in shame.

The bitch said, "I suppose this will do. My husband is hung like a pony."

Earl stuttered, "It's h-how it's used that c-counts."

"Oh yeah, I hope you are right about that. At least you have big balls."

He had big balls? Earl thought no one had ever told him that. She pulled his dick twice and it squirted over her tits.

Earl groaned in embarrassment and was told not to be silly. Charmaine said at least thirty percent of men fired early when being handled by a new woman for the first time.

"Kinsey?"

"No my girlfriends on ladies' night out agreed on that."

Earl finished undressing her, tossed her on to the bed and Charmaine helped him get it in and they were away. They finished unevenly, their climaxes a minute apart.

Drinking coffee after they'd cleaned up Earl said, "Well what did you think?"

"It was lousy. We went at it like two unrehearsed teenagers. We went at it hardnosed as if expected to end in crescendo."

"Yeah, we were too eager and were expecting much too much."

Charmaine said that was an accurate assessment. "In other words we goofed."

"Is there any hope for us?"

"I should think so Earl. We both ought to know how to fuck. We just have to approach it slowly, relaxed and with grace and engage in petting and move into more direct foreplay. Perhaps we ought to start with a couple of drinks first."

"Yeah, like embarking on a real fuck."

"What had we just been doing?"

He smiled. "Providing you with research material. Along the way we forget what fucking was about. We goofed."

She giggled and agreed.

* * *

Six weeks later Douglas asked, "This affair you proposed having. I've noticed no change in you and you remain agreeable to fuck when I tap your hip."

"Well you are my husband. By mutual agreement the guy and I ended our affair two days ago. I have all the information I require. I spend today planning my new book. I was going to cook dinner but we can have sex and go out instead if you wish."

"What have sex this early?"

"I wasn't aware it was time-linked."

"Er, it's not. I lack your sense of adventure don't I?"

"Well you are an attorney."

Douglas grinned. "Let's get your tits out for a lick baby and we'll fall into a sixty-nine and then see where the mood takes us. I've always loved it when you ride me Cowgirl and I see your tits lifting up and down."

"Douglas, you've never told me that."

"Well as you say, I'm only an attorney," he grinned.

She knew he was happy to have been told the affair was over.

* * *

Three months later Mary-Anne Marshall of Women's Night Reading Publishing Inc reacted in surprise. "I'd almost forgotten about you."

"Yeah well lunch, usual place?"

"Well we have VIPs visiting and will be taking them to lunch. So sorry."

"M-A. I want lunch with you to hand over my manuscript."

"Ah, so you've finished. I had warned you..."

"I believe I've punched through the barrier and had consummated my potential."

"You've what? Ohmigod, you are always pessimistic about your final draft?"

"Well not this time."

"Right, I'm lunching with you. Let's see if you've earned your place as my protégé."

Mary-Anne walked into Mrs White's office. "Oh hi Mary-Anne, I was about to call you. The Italian delegation has found we only do romance so has cancelled. I'll still take you to lunch if you wish."

"No Marion. I'm off to see Charmaine Ross."

"Charmaine -- is she still in our stable of authors? My impression was she'd written herself out."

"She just called me. She has a ms for me and in her words says she believes she's broken through."

"Ohmigod she's usually pessimistic about her work."

"Yes."

"I don't recall seeing a submission."

"There wasn't one because it's not romance."

The publisher snorted, "Mary-Anne, you know we only publish romance."

"Perhaps you ought to come to lunch with us. It's fact-fiction and the working title is 'How to Manage Adultery."

Marion's change of expression was interesting to watch. "Christ... that's potentially a handbook for every woman and perhaps guys could be interested."

"Indeed."

"Fact-fiction you say. At least that incorporates the word fiction. Yes, I'll come with you. You've always said that women has yet to really fire but can't seem to believe absolutely in herself."

Charmaine looked stunning, dressed in a bright orange suit and light orange stockings. She lifted an eyebrow at the sight of Mrs White and kissed Mary-Anne and said hi.

"You will remember Marion White, your publisher."

"Yes of course. Hi Mrs White."

Marion moved right in and kissed Charmaine. "You are looking beautiful dear. We really must update our photo of you."

"I don't understand."

"Mary-Anne told me your believe you have broken through."

"Yes, well um that was supposed to be a personal comment between friends."

"It was time to tell Marion, time to strike," Mary-Anne said unabashed. "Already she accepts we might be able to squeeze through a book in a category that includes the word fiction."

"So I don't have to go to another publisher Mrs White."

"God no, at least no unless we reject it. Please call me Marion dear."

"I want it published in both hard-cover and paperback Marion."

"No problem if warranted. How can you be sure it's that good?"

"I put my whole heart into it and reached now heights in creativity. After re-reading it my mind tells me I've written what I set out to do... to write a best-seller."

"Dear I really don't think..."

"Marion," Mary-Anne said patiently. "It Charmaine says she'd done that that is what she's done. I've never met an author who normally judges her own work so sternly, but this time Charmaine is without restraints and is in love with her output."

"You are losing professionalism Mary-Anne," Marion said darkly. "I'll be the judge of Charmaine's submission."

Charmaine dug into her hand bag and pulled out the manuscript. "Marion, why don't you take this over to that empty table and join us after reading a couple of chapters. I'll send a wine over to you."

Half an hour and three wines later Marion came to the table looking a little red-cheeked.

"Well?" demanded Mary-Anne.

"I'll give it to be in one word: Hallelujah."

"Meaning?"

"I've only read eight chapters but am confident enough to say it's likely to be our biggest seller several times over."

Mary-Anne said excitedly, "What do you think of that Charmaine?"

"Oh I thought she'd say something like that."

* * *

Charmaine called Earl at his office.

"Hi, missing me?"

He grouched, "Yes, calling it a day wasn't a good idea."

"Well we have families to care about although after what we've done that might sound cynical."

"That's true."

"My publisher has given me an advance, really to secure the rights because I'd pointed our my contract with her had not been renewed. I want you to have it as a reward for your contribution. It would have been impossible for me to have written about the male point of view without those hours and hours talking to you."

"Well okay. What about taking half? You did all the work."

"I will be awash with royalties."

"Says who?"

"My publisher is confident it will sell really well. If you don't want the money give it to your wife or buy something for your wife and children with it."

"Is it enough to make that worthwhile?"

"Yes. Well I must go. We had agreed not to communicate but I had to be sure you wouldn't return my check."

"No you want to give it to me so that's fine."

The next day a courier delivered an envelop to Earl. He smiled as he drew out the check and his mouth fell open when reading the check was for $50,000.

* * *

Charmaine had a meeting with the Marion, Mary-Anne and a graphic artist.

"No that's too complicated and looks too commercial," Charmaine said. "I want it kept simple, allowing the message to tell the story."

"Like what?" demanded the artist.

"Well try this: Charmaine Ross' cutting edge guide, 'How to Manage Adultery'."

The guy looked interested.

"Across that poster you superimpose a ghosted profile of my face and torso."

"Torso?"

"Perhaps I should have said breasts."

He licked his lips and looked at the boss.

Mrs White said, "Your heard Rickie. Do it."

The three women continued their meeting. Marion White pushed an A4 page across to Charmaine.

"Here's a summary of comments from our reader's test review panel."

Charmaine read the selected comments and tingled in delight:

'Stunning.'

'Truly I couldn't put it down.'

'It delivers what every woman wanted to know but there was no one to ask.'

'Riveting.'

'I've just read a runaway best seller.'

Charmaine was delightful and thought her affair that provided the foundation for her greatest book was one of the most meaningful things she'd ever done.

She wasn't to know the opposite could be considered true.

The advance poster as created by Charmaine was sent out to book sellers the day review books were dispatched and a week after that the first books were shipped to book stores that had placed forward orders.

The impact was immediate with the first reviews into print adopting more or less an identical bottom line -- 'a book that every naughty adult woman will cherish'.

A couple of usually outspoken clergymen immediately ranted to newspapers and other people worried about lax morality jumped on to bandwagons.

Charmaine was briefly interviewed on two networks on the same night and when newspaper interviews were published next morning she became immediately famous or infamous, depending on one's viewpoint. Daughter Grace called her to offer congratulations and husband Douglas was worried... "Charmaine, I have a bad feeling about this."

"Rubbish -- you read my second draft and said it was legally safe and the publisher's attorney was of the same opinion. The public won't think I'm morally decadent writing such a book because a quarter of all romance novels published have hotter descriptions of sex than I wrote about."

"I hear what you say and agree on the points you make, individually. But collectively it might not be such a good look."

A week later, with book sales soaring, Charmaine was being broiled in controversy. She was appearing on TV panels defending her right to publish such a book designed to influence women. At a women's group meeting where she was grilled by a panel she had eggs thrown at her, and missing, and was jostled when leaving the meeting and slapped by a woman. That slapping photo appeared on page three of a newspaper next morning.

Grace called crying, saying she'd been boasting about her mom's rise to fame and now some of the girls were giving her a hard time. Charmaine called the school principal who was delighted to be speaking to famous author Charmaine Ross (Miss Roberts' words) and said she would address Grace's problem. Stephen was okay because no one at his school was aware Charmaine Ross was his mom.

Douglas called Charmaine and said he wouldn't be home that night because something had come up. He called next morning to say his partners were disturbed saying the growing notoriety surrounding his wife could impact on the firm. Douglas called in the afternoon to say he'd lost three of his major clients and added he wouldn't be home that evening.

This distressed Charmaine and she was near-exhausted, speaking to reporters two or three times a day and speaking at women's groups. She shrugged, thinking if Douglas had a problem it was up to him to solve it. She was likely to become a millionaire within a couple of months at the rate the book was selling and it was now to be printed under license in Italy, France and Germany. To make matters worse some people, including one of the doormen of their apartment building, were snubbing her. She called Douglas to complain but his PA took the call and said Douglas did not wish to speak to her and she should not call again.

Charmaine was outraged and an hour later took a call from her attorney. Judith spoke ever so nicely and said she was the bearer of sad news.

"Oh god, Douglas has had a heart attack or has something happened to one of the children?"

"No nothing as bad as that Charmaine but it's still serious. Douglas has advised he will be filing for divorce. The worst part is he will be entitled to claim half of your earnings as an author."

"I don't care. It's Douglas I want."

"We'll discuss that point later Charmaine. I take it you'd want sole custody of the children with reasonable access to them for Douglas."

"No the bastard can go to hell. If he's divorcing me he can't have my children."

"I hear you Charmaine but will discuss that point later, huh?"

"Okay. I guess you think I'm over-reacting."

"That's another point we can discuss later in smoother times."

Charmaine cut the call.

Grace called sounding very distressed. "Daddy's just called me to say he and you are splitting. He can't do that over a silly thing like a book you've written can he?"

"If he wishes."

"He wants me to live with him from now on. He's already signed up for another apartment."

Charmaine, pouring herself a whisky asked, "That is very interesting."

"What? What does that mean?"

"My best option is to let you make up your own mind, not to influence you."

"I can't believe I'm hearing this. I wanted you to say you love me dearly and don't want to lose you and to plead with me to align with you."

"I've already given you my stance on this Grace. Please remain calm and be kind to me."

"But I want you. Why go to daddy? He pays little attention to me. Everything that is done for me is done by you."

"Whatever you say darling. Look go to Miss Roberts. I spoke to her earlier about some of the girls ganging up on you. You will find her sympathetic. If you wish tell her what you just told me and how I replied. She may provide some guidance to you. You are seventeen darling and ought to be capable of making your decisions on this like an adult."

"Will you come for me if this gets out of control in my head and I ask you to come for me?"

"Of course darling."

"This must be horrible for you too mom."

"Ah, I hear my near-adult daughter talking. Although I get emotional I am tough darling. This is unlikely to keep me down for long."

Charmaine poured a huge whisky and went off to the bath. She thought she could drink it quickly and then slide under the water to test her courage or to succumb as a coward.

As the bath filled she thought it was excellent whisky. She rarely drank hard spirits. Her mind took over.

Charmaine predicted what would happen.

After talking to Miss Roberts, Grace would call and say, 'Mom I'll want to live with you when I'm not at school and on breaks at college. I'll see daddy if he wants to see me but I want you to be my primary caregiver and for you to love me and to accept my love in return. I feel I belong to you more than I do to daddy. I just can't help the way I feel.'

Stephen would say, 'Yeah mom, I understand what's going on. You do everything for me and not daddy. You'll still take me on good vacations and keep up the supply of spending money won't you? Oh yeah, and allow me to bring pals home?'

Her mother would say, 'I never did like Douglas darling. Too serious and full of his own perceived importance.'

Charmaine smiled. 'Whatever your mother says is good enough for me,' her father would say. 'If you find another guy and decide on a small wedding I guess I'll pay for a small wedding, small mind you.'