Check, Mate Ch. 03

Story Info
Kate catches Mike between her rooks.
7.7k words
4.58
15.8k
23

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 04/19/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is posted on Literotica.com. The story is heavily inspired by the works of other Literotica authors, such as TheTalkMan, en_extase, seducedHylas, WaddleBuff and TemptedOne; it involves cheating, seduction and betraying one's significant other. If you're not into these themes, I advise you not to read further.

As a side note, this is my first erotic story ever, and I'm always looking forward to increasing my skills as a writer. So please feel free to leave constructive criticism, it is greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the story.

*************

The morning sun cast its warming rays through the window blinds covering Michelle's living room window. The light danced around the knocked-over furniture, bouncing off of the empty wine bottles and beer cans.

Kate grabbed one of the half-crushed cans and studied her own reflection on it. Despite last night's wild party her hair had emerged perfect like nothing had happened. Her makeup was a bit worn but due to her natural beauty it hardly mattered. Thinking back to last night she blew a kiss at her reflection. She wondered how Mike would have reacted if he was the one to catch it.

"Are you actually going to clean it up or are you just making out with it?"

Kate turned her head slightly and looked at Michelle. Michelle hadn't been as fortunate as Kate; the oceanic levels of wine hadn't treated her as gently. While Kate was cleaning up the mess, Michelle was lying on her couch, covered by a wool quilt and tightly hugging a plastic bucket. She shifted under her quilt and bobbed her head down over the bucket, making gagging noises.

"You're welcome to help anytime", Kate answered mockingly.

Michelle didn't raise her head but flipped Kate off instead. Kate chuckled with schadenfreude and tossed the can into a garbage bag. She stood up to collect the rest of the cans littered around the room like autumn leaves. Michelle raised her head from the bucket.

"I can't believe what you made me do last night."

Kate feigned innocence in her voice: "Made you do what exactly?"

"Don't you go all Miss Innocent on me", Michelle sneered, "you threw me at Mike like I was your personal attack dog."

"To be perfectly frank", Kate replied, "you did all that on your own, and with great gusto judging by how panicked he was afterwards, I might add."

"I might've done that if he really was single but going after a friend's boyfriend is a new low for me", Michelle threw back.

"So you admit you would've gone all the way if Anna was out of the picture?" Kate asked raising her eyebrow questioningly.

"Yes! Well... maybe. But that wasn't the case!" Michelle tuned up her voice, "I was wasted off my ass! I wasn't thinking straight!"

"Girl, I saw how you were devouring him with you gaze when I retreated to the kitchen with Anna", Kate said turning back to the cans, "and I really don't blame you. Alcohol doesn't make you do stupid things, it brings out the real you. And the real Michelle wanted Mike to rock her wine-hazed world. Unfortunately you keep that Michelle, that strong, aggressive and determined Michelle, in chains, while the care-free and only casually slutty Michelle is allowed to reign free."

Michelle's objection was cut short by another spelunking expedition into the depths of her bucket, accompanied by hangover gagging.

"I, on the other hand", Kate continued, "am more strategically minded. You charged pussy-first into battle and were rejected. Don't worry, the same would've happened to me if I had tried that. The key to victory here is remaining cunning. I need to wear him down subtly; a flirty joke here, a little teasing there, and boom! I'm the one nose-kissing Mike at parties. I'm the one walking hand in hand with him on the street. I'm the one in his bed every night."

Michelle rose again and looked at Kate with slight confusion.

"Nose-kissing? Walking hand in hand? I thought you just wanted to fuck him."

Kate looked at her friend with genuine irritation.

"Do you really think I'm that big a slut? I don't want to just sleep with him, I want to be with him!"

"Guys like Mike are like lightning in a bottle", she added, "good-looking, smart, funny and boyfriend material. He doesn't realize it yet, but Anna's not the right one for him. Anna's sweet, sure, but she's also plain, boring and an all-around snorefest to be with. We've talked a few times and based on her description of her sexual encounters I can tell she's not much fun in bed either."

"No, Mike should be with me. He has the mind for natural phenomena in matter, whereas I have the mind for human behavior. He enjoys the mathematical side of chess, I enjoy mind games that come along with it. He has a great body; pecs and biceps. I have a big pair of breasts, an ass and hips. We complement each other like great couples do."

"And what about Anna? She's sweet, cute and would make for a good wife for someone as uninteresting. But literature, honestly? Or that she couldn't solve a sudoku to save her life? Or the fact that she has no means to keep her man satisfied in bed with those mosquito bites you can barely call tits?"

Michelle's formerly confident smug had faded away and turned into a disbelieving frown after listening to her friend berating Anna, her friend and Kate's even better friend and roommate.

"I'm only bringing balance to the cosmos", Kate said, "people in relationships should complement each other like yin and yang, like me and Mike. In Anna's case, there's a lot of yang but not even nearly enough yin."

"Sure, they could get married, have beautiful kids and grow old together, but would it be happily ever after? Eventually, even if it's on his deathbed, Mike would realize that Anna's lacking, and that he had wasted his years with her. Then he would look back to his college years and remember me, the girl that he let go instead of ditching his bore of a girlfriend in favor of a far superior woman."

"If you're so sure about your theory, why don't you explain this to Mike?" Michelle asked.

"If I want to catch him, I can't tell him myself. His love for Anna is clouding his judgement, and any points to the contrary would just be rejected, like we saw happen last night. No, he needs to figure it out by himself" Kate explained.

"So what's the plan?" Michelle inquired.

"The plan is to not arouse suspicion. We must work behind their backs, drive a wedge between them so I can slip in, and so he can slip something in me", Kate smiled knowingly.

"Excuse me, but 'we'?" Michelle said.

"Of course it's 'we'! I need my best friend's help on this. Last night you proved to be a valuable ally", Kate replied, "and deep down you know that I'm right. You wouldn't have gone after Mike if you knew that Anna was the right one for him."

Michelle stared at the horizon for the moment contemplating her friend's words. She then met Kate's gaze. Kate raised her eyebrow as asking a question, and Michelle knew the answer.

"Fine, I'll help you", she said, "what's our next move?"

Kate smiled.

"I'll start working on putting myself on display. I need to show Mike that I can replace Anna in anything and do it twice as well."

She casually tossed another empty can into the garbage bag.

"And I know just where to start."

*************

The school library was a grand, old building, predating all the other buildings on the campus. Many an architect had left their fingerprints on it; hall after hall and corridor after corridor of distinct, yet subtly different historical feels. Knowledge transferred from scholar to scholar since time immemorial to be finally printed out and stored in an endless sea of bookshelves. Students and library staff roamed the narrow passages between the shelves like ants, occasionally picking up a dusty tome and scurrying off.

A complete void of any kind of sound could have come across as an intimidating experience for most millennials, but there was a certain group of students who were attracted to nothing but. Behind countless hallways there was a large room where one could only hear occasional chatter and small, gentle sounds of plastic pieces placed on wooden boards. That room belonged to the Chess Club.

Kate entered the room in Anna's wake. She looked around; the room was quite large, and vast Victorian windows allowed the whole room to bathe in the afternoon sun. The room was cluttered with small wooden tables surrounded by worn chairs. Every table had a chess board with two sets of pieces, and most of the tables were occupied by students. None of the people, whether male of female, even turned their gazes away from the boards as a girl as beautiful as Kate walked in.

Kate had been anticipating that, although she had dressed up to the occasion of meeting Mike again. She had put on her favorite pink blouse that morning. One that covered a lot of skin but was tight enough to leave nothing to the imagination. Her jeans matched her appearance; her clothes hugging her every curve, highlighting the roundness of her ass and breasts. She thought a tank top and shorts would've been too obvious and scared her prey away. Anna had put on a light sweater as per usual, hiding everything she had. Kate would have never done that; she came to the club to play. She came there to win.

"Hi, sweetie!" Mike came over to Anna, planting a soft kiss on her cheek.

Kate hid her frown. After Anna had greeted her boyfriend Mike turned to Kate.

"Nice to see you too, Kate. Came to escort Anna?"

"Actually", Kate said, "I came here to check this club out."

"Wow. I never thought of you as a chess enthusiast", Mike said, surprised.

"Looks can be deceiving", Kate answered with a smile.

"I convinced her to come", Anna said, "I think she might enjoy this."

"Well, we'll see how she'll do. Have you played before?" Mike asked Kate.

"Very rarely, it has been a long time since I last played. I might not remember all the rules", Kate answered.

"Well, I think as the captain it is my duty to refresh your memory. Anna, you are already an experienced player. You can go ahead and find yourself a partner, I will go through the basics with Kate", Mike said.

Before separating the couple shared another quick kiss, but not quick enough for Kate's liking. Anna hurried of to find a game, leaving Mike with Kate. Mike pulled up a chair on a nearby table and gestured Kate to join him. He quickly placed all the pieces on their respective squares. He set out the pieces so he had the white set and she had the black.

"Do you remember how all the pieces move?" he asked her.

Kate nodded, confirming that they didn't have to start from the very beginning. After making sure everything was ready he said:

"I have the white set, therefore I'll start. You're an inexperienced player, so I'll go easy on you. I'll start with an opening that's quite common in this room."

With that said he picked up his white pawn and moved it two squares. Kate followed his hand, not detecting even the slightest amount of hesitation as he put his plan in motion.

"This is called the Ruy Lopez or the Spanish Game. Your best play would be to mirror my play with your pawn. "

Kate had no objections and moved her black pawn to meet Mike's white one. Mike then picked up his knight and placed it adjacent to his pawn, putting pressure on Kate's.

"Now my knight is threatening your pawn. What's your move?"

Kate thought about her next move. She moved her own knight adjacent to her pawn, protecting it from a possible capture.

"Good move", Mike complimented her.

"Thanks", Kate replied with a smile.

He smiled back, happy that she was clearly enjoying herself.

The game went on for quite a while, Mike giving her advice and correcting her plays. Kate was getting the hang of it; she captured a few of Mike's pieces, but it seemed that for every piece she captured she lost two of her own.

"Ha!" she exclaimed, happily striking Mike's rook out of the board with her bishop, "Gotcha!"

This development wasn't enough to break Mike's confidence.

"Just as I planned: check", he said, picking up his queen and capturing the bishop, putting Kate's king between a rock and a hard place, "just as I had planned. You fell into my trap again."

Kate let out a sigh signaling defeat, but also enjoyment, which made Mike chuckle.

"Wanna go again?" he asked.

"Sure", Kate said without hesitation, picking up her pieces from his side.

"You're quite good for a first-timer", he said, putting his side of the board in order.

"Thanks, I do my best", she replied.

"If you keep up the practice, you'll surpass Anna in no time", he said.

While he studied the board with his eyes Kate's eyes never left his handsome face. His eyes were lit with determination and enthusiasm. His pupils moved, sweeping the board with his gaze. His brain was going mile a minute to figure out a tactic fit for a professional but merciful enough to show a newbie the ropes. Not a single brain cell in his head was dedicated to registering the alluring woman sitting in front of him. Kate felt attraction towards his dedication. She decided to put on the pressure.

As Mike thought about his opening move Kate leaned slightly forward, crossing her arms against the table. She leaned forward as if she was thinking about her first move too, but all she really wanted to do was to rest her breasts against her arms.

As she leaned forward, her breasts began pushing against her arms, ballooning outward, their perfect roundness reaching out for him. She put on her poker face and kept her gaze on the game, but from the corner of her eye she could see Mike's eyes resting on her tits for a split second. She had to fight back not to smile in self-indulgence.

Mike had faced many a hustler in his time, but this was completely new for him. His composure took a slight setback as he registered movement from his peripheral vision. Kate had leaned forward to get a better view of the board, which had caused her impressive chest to swell against her arms. The next thing he did lasted for less than a second, but for him it felt like an eternity. He looked at her tits.

For Mike, who had hooked up Anna, a girl with a chestal area reminiscent of the Bolivian salt flats, this sight was irresistible. Kate's DDs lied there before him like two soft melons waiting for someone to pick them up. Their soft flesh filling the cups of her bra, their creamy skin covered by her torturous blouse. Like a melon had to be smashed open to be feasted on, so had to her blouse. The fabric looked quite thin and delicate; it would easily give in to a man ripping it apart, freeing the delicious pair underneath. If Anna had suckers like those, Mike would never let her out of the bed...

Mike's thoughts rushed back to him. He quickly checked if Kate had noticed. He instantly returned his eyes to the board. She was still studying the game. Good.

He would've died of shame if she had noticed. Her roommate's boyfriend checking out her tits? And if she had heard what was going in his head, how he had imagined tearing her blouse apart. She would've been mad, outraged at his perverse thoughts. Stood up, slapped him in the face and left. True, she had given him her number a few days ago, but since that night at Michelle's she had been cool with it. She respected his and Anna's relationship.

And how would that relationship have changed if she had noticed? She would've told Anna, no doubt. Anna, who was already self-conscious about her appearance, would've burst into tears after her boyfriend was found ogling her friend's breasts. Even if she wasn't going to leave him, it would still have left a permanent scar on their relationship.

He quickly conjured up a tactic on the fly and made his move, hurrying to get past that awkward moment. Unbeknownst to him, she had seen everything and read his face like a book. For the split second he had laid eyes on her, she saw what went through his mind. A flash of temptation. A flash of lust. If he had known how willing she was, she could have practically ripped the blouse open for him herself. The thought made her nipples harden.

"Not yet, girls", she thought to herself, "I'll unleash you upon him soon enough."

It was her turn. Mike sifted on his chair uncomfortably, keeping his gaze strictly on the game. She thought he had made an unoptimal move and decided to take advantage. She made her move. She wanted to be on the offensive this time.

Mike realized the recklessness of his move and chuckled nervously.

"Good, you took advantage of my mistake."

"I'm a fast learner", she replied with a hint of seductive tone in her voice.

He moved another pawn into a defensive position.

"It'll take more than that to beat an old hand like me."

"Yeah, it's probably not the first time you have been cornered by a black."

Her remark made him lost his train of thought. He detached his eyes from the board and looked up, meeting her eyes. She felt like a kitten playing with a mouse as his eyes filled with suspicious confusion.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked.

She tilted her head to the side slightly and raised her eyebrows.

"Michelle", she simply stated.

"I... we... it was...", his words were failing him.

"Don't worry", Kate said with a slight giggle, "it was nothing serious. Michelle would try to sleep with a shaved bear if you put pants on it and got her drunk."

"S-so y-you don't think it was anything serious?" Mike managed to stutter out.

"Not at all", she replied, "she really feels bad for it. Wine just brings out her aggressive side."

"You don't say."

"Besides", she continued, "I know you're a good guy. You would never cheat on Anna."

"S-so you're not telling her?" Mike asked with concern.

"Of course not", she smiled.

She leaned forward a bit more and whispered, putting emphasis on the last word:

"It can be our little secret."

Mike nodded, his mind trying to comprehend the meaning of that phrase. He felt bad of hiding things from Anna, but if Michelle really meant nothing by her actions, maybe it was better not to intervene in their friendship. Anna would've had words with Michelle if she'd been told, which would have ruined a good relationship. He felt like he could trust Kate on this. She seemed like a girl with a good head on her shoulders.

Kate leaned back, uncrossed her arms and pulled back her chest. Mike straightened his back once more and now, quilt-free, could concentrate on the game again.

The game went better for Kate this time, but against a seasoned veteran, she soon found herself defeated again. They played one more game, Kate being white this time. Mike felt a little bit bad beating her twice and thought about losing to her on purpose but thought that he owned her a fair match. Another game followed that one, and then another, and another. Kate decided tune down the flirt, and instead of talking about what happened at Michelle's, they started talking about things they had in common.

It turned out they both had received a similar upbringing. An intact suburban family, one child, strict but fair attitude to bringing up one's offspring. They both had started studying a major they wanted, had enrolled without much effort and that they both took their studies seriously.

They both enjoyed long walks and listening to the sound of rain hitting a window. They both liked the odd wild college parties but also appreciated a quiet domestic evening with a glass of red wine and a good book. They both liked similar music; she listened to Ben Howard and he was a The Lumineers fan. As the turns went on the two people got more acquainted with each other. All this just confirmed Kate's theory; that they were made for each other.