Child of the Klein Bottle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Akito01
Akito01
172 Followers

"How can this be," Sarah wondered aloud, crouching down so that her face was level with the cage, her eyes watering behind her glasses. She was clearly horrified, but finally curiosity caught up with her. She poked a finger through the thin wire bars, touching Sara for the first time, as if to confirm that she was real.

"I, um, I'm sure I can explain all this," I lamely floundered, making a vague gesture with my hand.

"I don't even want to know," Sarah spat, rising back to her feet. "If she's me, she's mine. I'm taking her with me."

That was pretty much all that need be said. I should have been glad this was the worst punishment Sarah decided to level. She wrapped the rabbit cage in her cloak, hugging the contraption close to her chest as she rose to leave.

"I honestly don't know how to apologize," I said, hanging back. "It wasn't done to ..."

"I said I don't want to know," Sarah cried, close to the edge of tears. Needless to say, I didn't stop her as she smuggled little Sara out of my apartment, and I dare say out of my life for good.

* * *

This wasn't the end of the story. Roughly two weeks later I got a phone call. It wasn't completely unexpected, but even when it came I was surprised and elated.

"I think she's dying," I heard a voice say. "It's like she's wasting away. I don't know what to do."

"Sarah?"

"Yes, it's me," she said, voice filled with panicked desperation. "You have to tell me what to do!"

"It's alright. I thought this might happen. It's likely separation anxiety," I explained. It was part of the process of the Klein Bottle, and the genetic ties that went into her creation. As I wrote here earlier, it wasn't the same as cloning.

"Seper.. what??"

"It's OK, doesn't matter," I said. "I know what to do. Will you let me come over. I have something to give her."

I glanced over at the package that sat to one side on my desk. There was a pause as Sarah considered this option.

"Alright, come as quick as you can," she finally assented.

* * *

Showing up at Sarah's door, I shifted the large box I was carrying over to one arm as I rang the bell. Within short order, it opened, and she let me inside. Sarah appeared upset, but deliberately reserved in my presence. She nervously resettled her glasses over and over, leading me into her living room. In terms of layout and size, it turns out the women's dorms weren't that different from the guy's after all. Had to admit Sarah's was much nicer, at least in terms of the elegant wooden furniture, though the clutter of papers and books wasn't that different from mine. A student was a student regardless of gender.

"It's like she isn't eating or anything," Sarah hopelessly explained. "But I've been feeding her. I've done everything right. I can't figure it out."

Sara's cage was set in the middle of the room on top of a spacious round coffee table. She was sitting in the middle of the bare plastic floor of her container, knees drawn up to her legs, head down. It had been so long since I'd laid eyes on her. I quietly stepped forward, not wishing to startle her, but it wasn't long before she noticed my presence. She stood up, and I noticed that Sarah had managed a better job than I at dressing her, since she now sported a reasonably well stitched blue shift dress. Despite this, she didn't look all that well. However, once she caught sight of me, she eagerly stood up, green eyes shinning bright.

"That's right, it's me," I said softly, setting down the cardboard box. I lifted the top flap and reached inside. "Can you open the cage for me, Sarah?"

Sarah nodded, frowning with concern at what I was about to do. Opening the cage, she stood to one side and watched with Sara as I lifted the foot tall naked male figure from inside and gently placed him into the cage.

Sara's eyes widened, and she nearly ran into his arms, hugging him as tightly as I'd ever seen anyone embrace their lover. He was startled by this sudden reception, but raising a hand to gently hold the back of her head, he returned her affectionate hug.

"It's you," Sarah marvelled, shaking her head in disbelief. "You made yourself."

I nodded.

"In this midst of creating Sara, I nearly forgot the second half of the equation," I said, as if to explain. "I meant to all along. I thought it was the only way we two could be together. A foolish thing, I know, and unforgiveable. But, at the very least, I hope they can find some of the happiness that I hoped to share."

Sarah was still looking at the two miniature representations of ourselves, probably still too overwhelmed to properly understand or appreciate what I was saying. Come to that, did I even fully understand it all myself? If there were any answers to be had, it must reside in the two figures holding each other in the cage.

"Promise me you'll let me know if they happen to have any children," I asked before leaving.

Sarah looked back at me, startled, but another look back at the table and I think she understood.

"I will."

And that, for all intents and purposes, is the end of the story -at least for now.

Akito01
Akito01
172 Followers