Chloe

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Do not get smart with me Chloe, you are knee deep in shit and I want to know what the fuck you are going to do about it?"

Chloe shrank back onto the sofa, for the first time ever Tony had sworn, a proper swear word. He must be mightily pissed off. She pulled herself upright.

"I am very sorry for the hurt and distress I've caused you, I will of course arrange to speak to the press and tell them how bad I feel and that I've made a mistake and say how grateful I am to you for pulling me off the street. I will say how this is not how I usually behave and that I am truly sorry for my antics."

"Really?"

"Yes really, I am truly sorry for how this has come out. You're right I never think through my actions, which as an insignificant nobody never really mattered. However as the person picked by you to run with the ball for your charities I should have known better. I am really so sorry."

"OK, apology accepted, and you were never a nobody and insignificant, nobody is ever that, no matter what they feel. However, let's call it closed. Val and Paula are drafting a press release, you'll be a target for another forty eight hours, then someone else will be thrown to the lions and you can relax."

"Thanks Tone, I really am truly sorry," Chloe hung her head and a few tears fell, before she managed to compose herself. Val appeared with the coffee and gave her shoulder a squeeze as she placed it on the table.

"Okay, well I am arranging for you to go to a Finishing School run by a friend of Eve's, it's two weeks but they will take you through the motions of acting as a lady. I know it'll be tough but I'm sure you'll give it your best shot, yes?"

"Yes, and I suppose it'll keep me out of the way for enough time huh?"

"Got it, okay, let's get back to work."

"what about the papers you sent over."

"You read them?"

"That's why you sent them, so yes I read them, what else would I do?"

"I thought you'd be too hungover,"

"I was but I read them, what gives?"

"These are all about charities I support, but we seem to get only negative press, I was wondering if you could give me some reasons why?"

"Straight up, I think you try too hard. Does the world know what happened to your sister?"

"No, I kept it discreet, the local police were very... helpful."

"Right, then I suggest that when I come back, we go out and air it, it will help explain why you're doing what you're doing with me and give a good reason for why you do your charitable works."

"I'm not sure I'm ready to let the world in on this."

"Then you'll continue to receive mediocre press."

"I'll think on it, by the way phone your mother," he winked and she stood, walked over hugged and kissed him. Taking her coffee in passing she left for her office. Val winked as she passed, Paula appeared and sat at the desk. Chloe walked round and sat.

"Hmmm, think I got away with it, but I'd better be careful next time."

"Think they'll be a next time?"

"Hell yeah, we had a blast didn't we?"

Paula nodded and stood, she leaned forward and lifted the receiver, pointing it at Chloe.

"Call your mother Hun." She waggled the phone in Chloe's face. Chloe gnawed her lip but took it from Paula. Shutting the door behind her Paula heard the tones as Chloe punched the number in.

Half an hour later she replaced the receiver, having picked over the bones of the story with her mother. Grace had let her know that the "arsewipe" had left blaming her for being a bad mother and a poor lover. Grace was upset, but not entirely, there had been tensions even after Chloe left. Grace and Chloe arranged to meet for lunch and Chloe said she would arrange it.

Calling Paula she asked where would be best to take her mother. Paula suggested a local Italian restaurant just around the corner. Paula would have a word with the proprietor and get them a discreet table where they could be out of earshot. An hour later Grace appeared and Chloe ran to hug her mother as Tony walked by. Hugging Grace, after Chloe released her, he asked what was happening. In Tony's office Grace walked them both through the events of the last two weeks. Weeks in which Edward, her ex became increasingly bad tempered and uncontrollable. Tony's kickback had been the final straw, blaming Grace and Chloe for his situation he had almost resorted to physical violence with his threats.

Grace was stronger than she looked and not about to be intimidated by Edward for any reason. She had fought back and he had reacted by leaving, claiming he would sell his story to the papers and ruin her, Tony and everyone. Grace broke down and was comforted by Chloe. Paula told Tony about lunch and he asked if the number could be made four, Paula nodded. Tony phoned Eve and she readily agreed to come over. Twenty minutes later, she appeared and ran to Tony, who whisked her into his arms to update her.

At one fifteen they arrived at the restaurant and were shown to a rear booth. Tony ensured that the tables around would be kept free after a discreet word with the owner. The owner was assured that any potential loss of income would be covered. Additionally any guests who wished to would get a free meal the following day. Back at the booth, Grace was feeling better and the meal was a lazy two hours. They ate talked and laughed, Chloe relaxing as her mother showed her steely side when discussing the arsewipe, as she also now referred to him. Having left, she removed all traces of his existence, sending items to a local storage unit and when he phoned her asking for forgiveness, she had asked for a contact address and posted the key.

As they left the Restaurant a few Paparazzi were ready to take photo's and they even agreed to pose for them. Linking arms and smiling, Tony kissing Eve. Then they pressed to the kerb, where Mike was waiting to whisk them away. In the office, Val led them to Tony's office where coffee was waiting. Tony asked Val to bring Paula in and he began pouring coffee for everyone. Handing coffee to Val and Paula he looked at the assembled company.

"Right troops we need to be on the same page, I suspect there are going to be stormy days ahead and we need to have our ducks in a row. As you probably guessed Grace's ex has been trying to shake me down for a while. It appears he has been less than enthusiastic about Chloe's return and is looking for money to fund his old age. From now on we will have Grace with us at the Hotel, There is another suite and I will cover that, so Chloe and Grace have their own space. I'm not being altruistic by the way, much as I love you Chloe, Eve and I could use some space. Sorry."

"No worries Tone, it'll be good to have mum around. Oh I'll miss you and our little chats but then you'll just be next door so it'll not be too different."

"Hey wait a minute, who says I'm moving in with you?"

"We do!" Chloe and Tony said together. Eve put her hand over her face to disguise her smile. Val and Paula grinned, Grace's mouth opened in shock.

"OK, so I will beef up our security, Mike will sort that. Val can you do that for me." Val nodded, making a note. "anything else?"

"Tony, what are your movements over the next few days, do you need to reschedule or are you confident Mike can uprate your cover soonest."

"Good point Paula, check with Mike then go over the next week with him, for everybody, then get back to me." Val nodded.

"I probably don't need to say this, but Paula, Val, you may need to keep your wits about you, I don't want you two put in any danger. If you need to be in the office alone, I want building security to know and a guard up here too, agreed?" They nodded, "No exceptions understood?" again they nodded.

Ten minutes later, Eve and Grace were leaving to go to Grace's to organise moving her wardrobe to the hotel. Mike had a driver and a people carrier ready outside. In the passenger seat up front a muscular guard accompanied the driver. They sped off as the others returned to work. Val asked Tony if Paula and she could have ten minutes of his time and he readily agreed although he insisted Chloe stay. Val nodded. She and Paula sat with Tony and Chloe at the coffee table sofa's.

"Tony, Paula and I aren't scared or anything, but we're aware that this guy could try something stupid. If he does you should have an escape route or safe place to go until the police or security can control the situation. A Panic Room I think they call it in America." She sat back, Paula nodded.

"It will take time to create a secure room, so in the meantime, you need to plan on how you'll get out of here if he can get through security downstairs. " Paula added.

"Seems a bit far fetched, but OK, we'll look into it." Tony nodded and Val made notes. "Is that all?"

"For the moment, but please be careful, we need these jobs so if you get knocked off, we'd be pretty devastated, not to say unemployed."

"thanks Paula, that's so kind of you," Tony grinned and stood.

"Seriously Boss, be careful," Paula added. Tony nodded and looked at Chloe.

"They mean you too Princess." Chloe smiled and nodded.

Later back at the hotel, Chloe met Eve and went through to her new apartment. Grace was there with the Security Manager of the Hotel. He was dressed in a smart modern suit and it clung to his broad shoulders and muscular arms. He stood about six foot three and he was obviously very fit. Chloe smiled and held a hand out as Grace introduced her to him. Taking his leave the three girls sat in the lounge area of the suite. It was four weary people who assembled for their evening meal of some cold cuts and salads. They sat picking at their food and strangely there was no talk, no discussion between them. They were too tired to talk and eat. Later Chloe and Grace excused themselves and left to go to their apartment.

Later, in bed Tony lay with Eve and they talked in low tones before falling asleep in each others arms. Tomorrow would be a very busy day. In the other apartment Chloe and Grace kissed goodnight and went to their rooms. Chloe undressed and slipped into bed, wondering what new sensations would be rushing in to meet her in the next few weeks. It had been a roller coaster ride and she was going to hang on to this for as long as she could. Slowly she slipped into a peaceful sleep.