CHOGM Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I hope it is in Fiji or Tahiti or somewhere warm."

"Close. I am sending you to Sydney."

"Whatever for? Not that I'm complaining." John started thinking about Sydney and the one and only time that he had been there.

"Last week we intercepted information that indicated that there would be an attempt to disrupt the CHOGM Regional Conference that's being held there."

"Wouldn't that be best looked after by the local security people?"

"No. I am under explicit instructions from the PM on this matter. I have been placed in overall charge of it. We don't know who is involved or why. All we do know is that we won't be able to call on the local police or security forces. I'm not saying that they have been suborned in any way but we are not prepared to take that chance."

"What about the Commonwealth Police?"

"Why?"

"It's just that I worked with them in Cyprus and got to know them pretty well. I think that they can be trusted."

"Who in particular do you know?" A name was given and a list consulted. "Oh yes. He is in charge of airport security. Should be all right. But don't tell him too much."

"How can I when I know nothing myself?"

"This is strictly confidential. Here is all the information that we have so far." He opened his desk drawer and handed John a folder that was prominently marked For Your Eyes only.

"Why hit this conference? There wouldn't seem to be any political or strategic significance in it."

"We have had a think about that and haven't come up with any definite ideas."

"That makes it real easy for us. Are you sure you don't want us to wear blindfolds while we work? Talk about flying blind."

"OK John I can understand your concerns but I'm afraid that there is little more that we can tell you, except that you have approximately ten days to find out who is to blame for this and stop it. That is ten days from right now."

"What are the local security forces doing about this?"

"You have to remember that this is Australia we're talking about and everyone is treating it with a distinct lack of interest. It is up to us to show them how to mount a proper security operation."

"How do you think we can achieve anything that the locals can't?"

"Because there is the possibility that whoever is behind this can, and will, wield a lot of power over them."

"It sounds very much as if you have already got a suspect in mind but are not prepared to name him or them."

"I have said enough already, more than enough actually. I chose you chaps because you have the best cover, the best reason for being there, and you are not known in the espionage fraternity on either side of the border."

"I wouldn't be at all surprised if our friends from across the Atlantic have a finger in this."

"You said that, not I."

"Uh huh. A case of 'I can neither confirm nor deny the information that you have put to me.' Have you ever thought of going into politics?"

"No. Now, you are booked on a Qantas flight to Sydney tomorrow. That give you ample time to pack your toothbrushes and say your good-byes, I'm sure that the young ladies of this town will breathe a collective sigh of relief when the news spreads of your departure for warmer climes."

The four sat around for some time discussing tactics, pausing only when a dusty little tea person (female) came into the room pushing a squeaky trolley full of rattling cups into which she dispensed a vile brew that passed as Civil Service tea. Several minutes after her departure, having at last removed the tannin from their teeth, planning was resumed.

The sun had given up the ghost and retired defeated for the night behind the grey buildings and swirling grey clouds when the three men emerged separately from the building and made their separate ways to their separate lodgings to arrange their joint visit to the land of the bronzed Surf Lifesaver and nubile young persons (female) who congregated with minimal covering on the golden sands of the beaches.

* * *

"Scramble," the voice spoke quickly and quietly into the phone. The speaker flicked a switch on the side of his black standard issue Civil Service phone. "They are on their way. You have your orders."