Choices

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
patricia51
patricia51
1,909 Followers

Barb swallowed a deep moan when Lee's finger began to stoke her open, and already quite wet, slit. That finger curled and then dipped inside her. A second one followed, the pair of them spreading inside her pussy. They plunged in and out as Barb sagged against the back wall, half falling against it, half pinned there by the athletic body of her lover.

The older woman stiffened as the outer door opened and closed again to the accompaniment of voices. Lee never slowed down. Indeed, she fingered Barb faster and added her thumb on an already hard clit. All during the noises in the outer room, the sound of the plumbing, the rush of water in the sinks, the conversation of the women, Lee continued to finger fuck her.

Teeth closed on her earlobe and bit gently. A tongue dipped into her ear. Warm breath made her shiver even as she desperately stifled a moan. Her hips moved in time to the motion of Lee's fingers in and out of her. Lee's whispered words poured into her.

"You like that don't you? You know that you're mine, that I can, do this and you love it. You can't tell me 'Stop', you can't push me away." Barb arched as the first spasm ran through her body, bit her lip, and then sagged and buried her face against Lee's neck.

"You," Barb whispered when she had regained control over herself. "What you do to me."

"I know," giggled Lee. She lifted her dripping fingers and sucked first one, then the other. "I love doing things to you." She opened the door a tiny crack and peeked out. Certain that the coast was clear, she slipped through. She hesitated, then, without looking back she murmured "And I love you."

Barb was so surprised she simply stepped out into the main room and stood still, barely managing to keep her mouth from falling open. She managed to mechanically reply to the greetings from a pair of secretaries but she could not remember two minutes later who they were nor what she might have said to them.

Love? LOVE? Why, that was absurd. Wasn't it?

All those memories passed through Barb's mind as she drove home that morning. She thought about them as she showered and dressed for another day at the office. Looking around the carefully furnished rooms, she was struck by a thought. The only hints of color in the otherwise boringly perfect furnishings had been supplied by Lee. The bold painting she had hung in the living room, alive with yellow and red. The riotous flower arrangement that decorated the dining room table, the bright curtains hung over the French doors leading to the balcony, all had been at Lee's urging. She brought color and excitement into Barb's life.

She parked at the office, took the elevator from the garage to the main floor. She made for an opening door with the "Going Up" arrow already lit as the people riding down came out. She stopped in shock as one of those people was Lee. Lee holding a big cardboard box full of her possessions.

"What in the world?" Barb demanded.

Lee's eyes opened and she turned pale. She started to speak and then suddenly turned and bolted, first towards the elevator bank that led to the parking garage before she swerved and ducked through the stairway door.

Barb never hesitated. She immediately took off after Lee. Going through the door, she stopped just long enough to pull her heels off. Then she ran down two flights of stairs, through the metal door into the garage and down a line of cars until she came to Lee's six year old Chevy. The younger woman was trying to push the cardboard box into the back seat. Finally succeeding, she turned just as Barb arrived. Her eyes opened.

"Yes, I know where you park too," Barb informed her. Her tone softened. "Now, Lee Ann Waters, WHAT is going on?"

Lee's eyes dropped. "I'm sorry. I wanted to be out of here before you arrived."

"I guessed that, but why? Why are you leaving and where are you going?"

"I don't know where I'm going. As for why, when I got here this morning I had a message to go see Mr. Bridger, first thing. He talked to me, about us, about you."

"Did he fire you?" Barb demanded angrily.

"Nooooooo," Lee sobbed, her eyes filling with tears. "He made me see though what harm I was causing to you, to your career. I could ruin you. You'd never make senior partner, you might not even keep your junior partnership if it became public that you were involved with a younger employee, and another woman at that."

Barb's anger swelled up in her. She managed to fight it down. "He said that did he?" When Lee nodded, Barb leaned forward. She put her arms around her lover and kissed her, softly but urgently and with passion. Lee's eyes widened and in spite of herself she returned the kiss.

"Now then," Barb said crisply when she took her lips away. "You go to your apartment and wait for me. I'll be there shortly."

"Barbara! Don't do anything foolish."

Barb smiled. "No sweetheart, I won't. Now go. And by the way," Lee looked inquiringly as she stopped her entry into the car, "I love you too."

The fire in Barb's eyes kept anyone from stopping her as she marched down the hallway on the 17th floor. As she passed through Nathaniel's outer office, his executive assistant and girl-on-the-side Pamela sprang to her feet but only managed to stammer "Miss Clausen, Mister Bridger is expecting..." before Barb flung open the inner door and disappeared inside. Pamela scampered to close it quickly behind the angry female lawyer.

Nathaniel Bridger turned from the window. "You made it faster than I thought you would Barbara. Now, before you explode, sit down, calm down and listen to what I have to say."

Barb managed to keep her mouth shut but refused to sit in the offered chair. Instead she folded her arms over her chest and lifted one eyebrow.

"You are thinking that your girlfriend and you are being treated unfairly. You are perfectly aware that I have a trophy wife who's 25 years younger than me and I also see Pamela out there on a regular basis. You feel like you're being discriminated against, and you are.

"Its NOT right and its not fair. And this is how the world works. My wife and my, you might as well say it, mistress, out there each know what's going on and they accept it. There's no love lost, but they, particularly Rosemary my wife, know that things are better off if they don't rock the boat. Its accepted behavior, even at this stodgy old law firm.

"But YOU are breaking the rules, unwritten though they are. You're emotionally involved and in a lesbian relationship. 'What's the difference?', you might ask. There shouldn't be any but there is. My arrangement is common enough and winked at. Yours is not. If we were a criminal defense outfit or some hot-shot legal firm, having a Lesbian Senior Partner might be a plus. But not here, not in high society corporate law.

"You might be thinking about bringing suit for unfair dismissal. After all, it IS unfair. But she wasn't fired, she quit. And she did it for you. It was quite high minded of her, but you expect that of youth. You on the other hand, are old enough you need to stop and think. You might win, but your career would be ended. There are enough subtle, non-confrontational ways to keep you from ever advancing, getting the good cases, or hell, even a raise. Barbara, you know how the system works."

"Think of it, Barbara," urged Nathaniel in his most persuasive voice, the one that had swayed juries and judges for decades. "The corner office you've worked for all your life can be yours. Senior partnership in a year, two at the most. Real power, money. We NEED you. Maybe in some ways you are a symbolic female lawyer, yes, but a you are a damn good attorney who makes us a lot of money. Don't toss it all aside over some young thing." He smiled. "Believe me, I know it makes you feel good to have a young lover on the side, but is worth throwing all this away for?"

*****************************************

Barb scooped the signed papers together and tucked them into the manila folder. She shook hands with the trio of visitors and escorted them from her office to the front door.

"I'll have everything filed at the courthouse today. You're in business."

"Thank you again," said the oldest member of three. "Its wonderful to find an attorney like you who can handle all of our legal issues." He smiled. "And doesn't charge an arm and a leg."

Barb laughed. "Well, arms and legs aren't my business. I'm not into ambulance chasing. I prefer handling everyday issues for small businesses and individuals."

"Regardless," said the one woman client. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Barb started to close the door. She stopped and studied the words engraved on the sign hanging beside the three steps leading up to the door.

"Barbara Clausen". Underneath her name was "Attorney At Law". She smiled and looked over the busy street in front of her office. It was nice not riding the elevator 15 stories in the air, nice to be able walk down the street for lunch at a local restaurant and chat about local issues with people she saw everyday. Nice to help those people with wills and contracts and the things that ordinary people needed a lawyer for.

She stepped out and looked up. The old Victorian house was split with three other professionals. Each self-contained office had its own stairway to the two upper floors and an entrance to the attic. Sited in the heart of the old Colonial District, trees hung with Spanish Moss shaded the building. Tourists and students from the nearby art college strolled or relaxed in the grassy square.

Coming back in, she closed the door and turned to the desk of her assistant, secretary, paralegal, confidant and partner. That individual had perched herself on the front edge of that desk, her legs swinging freely. She held Barb's day-planner.

"Nice work," smiled Lee.

"Pays the bills. What do we have the rest of the day?"

"We have a real-estate closing at three. I have the Detricks' guardianship papers drawn up for filing. Of course that doesn't pay the bills, we're doing that pro-bono. Not that I would have it any other way," Lee added with a warm smile. "They are nice children and getting them placed permanently with the Uncle they really love after their mother's death is wonderful."

"Any thing else? Its only eleven AM."

"In fact, yes." Lee hopped down from the table. She locked the door and turned around. "I think its time for lunch. Upstairs in our apartment, in the room we converted into a solarium. We can spread a tablecloth on the floor along with some pillows, open the windows and enjoy the breeze." Lee started for the stairs and looked over her shoulder. "And if you hurry, you can have desert too." Her fingers opened, letting a scrap of black lace fall as she started up the staircase.

Barb picked up the black thong and smiled. There was no doubt her choice had been the right one in every way. Eagerly she started after her partner. A partner she would have for the rest of her life.

(The End)

(As always, thanks to my friend and editor Marian for her help and assistance. Any and all errors are solely my responsibility. Comments and suggestions are welcomed.)

patricia51
patricia51
1,909 Followers
12