Choices and Sacrifices Ch. 07 Pt. 2

Story Info
"I'm really happy for you." Sabrina said seriously.
15.5k words
4.68
17k
21

Part 8 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/18/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CoCoNiy101
CoCoNiy101
751 Followers

DISCLAIMER: There is no sex in this chapter.

Sorry for the delay but chapters should start flowing a little better for me since this weird transitional point in the story is over.

Leave lots of feedback and thanks for reading.

*

"I'm really happy for you." Sabrina said seriously. She looked over to Rochelle from her laying position on the bed. Rochelle was standing on the other end, busily packing up clothing and throwing it into a suitcase.

She sighed deeply in response, without even sparing Sabrina a glance. Sabrina stifled a groan. The side effects of Rochelle being such a great friend, was that Sabrina didn't get to pick when she wanted Rochelle to stop being a good friend. For the past three hours Sabrina had been trying to convince her that she'd be fine in Maryland while she went off to Jerusalem for two months.

Sabrina knew how important it was that she visit Yoel's family with Mena and bond with his long distance relatives. But Rochelle kept focusing on how detached Sabrina had grown over the past few weeks.

"Bean, I just can't believe he did that to you." Rochelle finally stopped packing and looked her in the eyes. Her face was solidly set into a tough frown and Sabrina looked sheepishly onto the crown of the baby resting on her chest. Silence filled the room as they both grew motionless. "It makes me so upset because," Rochelle took a reflective pause. "because you don't deserve any of this. You did nothing but care—"

"Okay," Sabrina said the word a bit sharper than she originally planned. The frustration she held with Rochelle best friend was evident. The fact that they'd talked about him every time they were in the other's company was really beginning to get under Sabrina's skin. She was trying her hardest to get over the entire situation and move on, and for the most part she was succeeding; the late night crying sessions were lessening a lot. But when she heard about her circumstances every day, it only set her back.

She tried again, but lowered her tone drastically. "Let's not talk about it anymore." Rochelle seemed to understand, and gave her an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry. I just don't know if I'm ready to leave you yet." She gave Sabrina a tiny grimace as they both relished in the parental nature of her voice. Sabrina laughed lightly.

"Shut up, I'll be fine."

"You know what?" Rochelle continued packing so she could hide her mischievous expression. Sabrina was too immersed with the sight of Mena's lashes resting on her cheek to pay attention yet managed to respond uninterestedly.

"Hm?"

"I think this would be a good time to call that guy—just to go out once and enjoy yourself." Sabrina's groan of displeasure began before she could even finish her suggestion.

"If I say I'll consider it, will you leave it alone? It as in everything—Keegan, the guy and me. Never speak of it again until you come back." Rochelle seemed to think her proposition over for a few seconds.

"You have to really consider it." She aimed her pointer finger at Sabrina and narrowed her eyes to slits.

"I will." Sabrina said honestly although her sly smile contradicted her completely. Sabrina could see she wasn't fully convinced. "Chelle, I will." Sooner or later, she exhaled in defeat.

"Just let me talk to you about it for the next two minutes." Before Sabrina could oppose, Rochelle was climbing onto the bed beside her and getting comfortable. She propped her head onto her forearm right beside Sabrina.

"How are you doing?" Sabrina knew what the question meant.

"I'm hurting," She said almost silently. "but definitely not as much as I was before." Before referred to the day Keegan left her on the street after pretty much telling her he was done with their relationship. Even though that'd only been a week ago, each day got significantly easier for her.

"You're so strong; I know you'll be okay. You just need some time." Sabrina nodded, she had no doubt that she'd get over him and be back to her old self. The only thing that she had a problem with was the time it'd take to get there.

"Yeah, I know. I felt so much better when I put all his stuff in a box and sat it outside." She giggled to herself as she remembered literally tossing his clothes and laptop into a couple too small boxes and setting it outside her apartment complex. Somehow she knew he'd be expecting it so it wasn't a surprise when she returned from work and everything she left for him was gone; either stolen or retrieved by him. "I'm tired of talking about me." Sabrina said after a few seconds of stillness. She turned her head to face Rochelle. "How do you feel about this trip?" Rochelle rolled her eyes dramatically.

"I know the only reason I was invited was because Yoel stood up to his mother and said Mena couldn't go without me." Yoel knew his wife too well. Rochelle would raise hell if anyone tried to take Mena across the world for two months without her being there. "Not that I don't trust Yoel's parenting—he'd be fine with her. But I just can't do it."

Sabrina gazed onto her inquisitively as she tried to piece together whatever she was trying to convey. She knew that having a baby formed an inexpressible bond between the infant and mother, but she didn't quite understand it. The closest thing she had to that sort of relationship was with her childhood dog, Venice. But she still didn't think that was comparable.

"So now I have to go on a trip with Yoel's parents damn near hating me for inviting myself." She groaned inwardly to herself.

"At least you'll have more family to win over and impress." Sabrina said, trying to lighten her situation by revealing that she'd never met Yoel's extended Israeli family.

"Bean, I'm sure his mom already has me on their bad side. I just hope no one says anything out of hand because I know all the Hebrew words required to lay someone out." Sabrina chuckled at her friend's attitude. The truthfulness of her statement made it even more humorous.

"Yoel will defend you before it comes to that." Throughout the course of Rochelle and Yoel's marriage, they began to understand that their relationship depended on one another. A few months of counseling proved their families were successfully attacking them because they were never on the same page with communication and support.

Sabrina would never forget their largest fall out. Rochelle took Mena in the middle of the night to a hotel about a half hour away. They stayed for an entire week while Yoel went crazy looking for his daughter. Rochelle didn't speak of the situation much because she was so ashamed of the low blow she hit her husband with. It was such an inhumane thing to do to a man that loved his daughter and it took awhile for Yoel to forgive her. But after he realized he'd allowed his mother to manipulate him into thinking Rochelle didn't respect his authority in regard to Mena's religion, he softened. He remembered how he threatened to gain full custody and relocate to Israel. That would inevitably put Rochelle into panic mode and frighten her enough to do what she'd done.

They agreed to counseling and miracles were preformed to get the couple to where they were today, which was completely in love. So their unity strengthened as the family harassments ceased in correlation.

Rochelle smiled dreamily as she thought to herself.

"I guess he would." She bit the corner of her lip like a teenage girl. Rochelle's gaze left a spot on the wall to meet Sabrina's tired expression.

*

Keegan had just dropped Bethany off at the psychiatric ward. He sat in the hospital's parking lot and tried to decide what his next step would be. The AC did nothing to cool off his heated body. He leaned his head back on the headrest and tried to get some solitude from his own thoughts.

Bethany hadn't spoken in a week. The doctor said her mute behavior wasn't uncommon after an attempted suicide. She just needed time to get healthy again and then she'd be ready to speak. But since she wasn't speaking, they couldn't start their counseling sessions. The speediness of his voyage back home to Maryland depended on getting the sessions over and done with, and so far, they were already behind schedule.

Keegan hadn't told his mother anything, so she had no idea he was a few minutes away. He was prolonging the moment he'd have to face his parents. His mother had judged him on decisions that caused his current situation, so appearing at her front door would only prove that she was right. However, Bethany's mother was already at her home after checking her daughter in at the hospital. Keegan hoped that her appearance would help urge Bethany to use her voice and show some sort of progress since the incident, but she hardly spared her mother a glance. Because Bethany was checked in after visiting hours, he and her mother had to leave within 10 minutes of arriving. Now Bethany's mom was expecting him to return to her home so he could answer all of her questions.

But discussions weren't quite what Keegan had in mind right then so he wasn't sure if he would visit or not. It wasn't a part of his quest back to Sabrina to have a heartfelt moment with Linda, Bethany's mother. The only result would be another load of remorse and stress.

Although, as he thought further, he owed her some explanation. He could only imagine what she was feeling after having her daughter returned to her weak, mute and vulnerable. He'd always known that Bethany was the most treasured thing in the world to her. So instead of thinking of only himself, he'd start his fresh page of mustered courage with Linda.

*

He didn't even need to knock. The door was cracked behind the screen and open for his arrival. Linda's home was a small, ranch styled dwelling a few minutes from the city. Keegan stepped inside and the smell of food hit him head on. He was too exhausted to really think the scent over so he decided to just search around for her. She was spotted on the couch that faced away from the entrance. He could only see her pixie cut auburn hair over the chair's back. Somehow he could sense her demeanor from where he stood. It caused him to be weary of the sounds his steps made. He cautiously took a seat on the couch adjacent to her and tried not to glimpse in her direction. They sat there for a few minutes, completely speechless as to what to say to the other.

Linda and Keegan both comfortably left reality and entered their own room of deep thought.

"I had no idea she needed to take that medicine." She whispered. Keegan had no idea either. "I never knew she was so unhealthy." Keegan could hear the fault in her voice, and he couldn't stand to know she was blaming herself for what happened to Bethany.

"You know Bethany wouldn't tell anyone something like that. She had too much pride to turn to anyone." That was true. Bethany was into emotional repression and relied on it heavily in regard to what was going on in her head. The only exception was when Keegan was involved. She'd empty out her closet full of skeletons for Keegan, and that was proven.

At the start of their relationship, Keegan thought it was a profound symbol of trust and compassion. He was flattered that she was so comfortable making herself readable. But the downfall was that he'd never trusted her nearly as much as she trusted him. She had no idea why Keegan wanted to leave Florida or the situation that'd been occurring with him and his father all these years; he never felt comfortable sharing that with her. He felt as if she wouldn't understand and would somehow relate it all back to herself. But she wasn't self centered; she just didn't have the tools of empathy. So of course he'd feel some sort of obligation to someone who gave themselves to him willingly while he did nothing to deserve it.

"Now that I think about it, she's never truly been the same since her father passed. And even more so when you left." Keegan swallowed roughly to subdue the sudden discomfort he felt. It was hard for him to hear others recognize the fact that he'd left Bethany while she was completely in love with him.

Bethany's father died of cancer when she was 10 years old. Bethany tried to tell him all the things she could remember about him, and they were always positive. Keegan could tell that their relationship was strong.

"Well, I'm here for her now; she knows that I care." Linda looked over to Keegan for the first time since he'd sat down. Her captivating green eyes hit him familiarly and their effects were native. She gave him an expression of appreciation.

"And for that, I thank you. She needs you, Keegan. More than you know."

*

Sabrina was feeling an unexplainable emotion of rage. She came home from work, completely pissed at the world and Keegan especially. She closed her apartment door a little harder than she planned and stood directly in front of it for a moment. Her hands were poised behind her hips and her chest heaved from her heavy breaths. Her heart was thumping viscously and she could feel each pulsation in her wrist. Venice's head perked up off of the couch as she acknowledged the noisy intrusion. Sabrina smiled, her spirit softening at the sight of her adorable dog. She was still lying on couch but her head was straight up and her eyes alarmed.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to scare you." She whispered to her pet while running a hand over her head. The tiny skull pushed against her palm in response.

Rochelle had been gone for 4 days and Sabrina was already going crazy without her. She had no one to communicate with and the more she thought about it, the more depressing it got. She plopped herself onto her couch and tried to figure out something to do. Anything to keep her busy would lessen the chances of thinking about Keegan. She gazed at the overflowing laundry basket in the hallway.

Her subconscious unknowingly pushed her toward it. She sat down on the floor and began sorting the basket's contents by color.

She missed him. It stung to think about what he'd be doing if he were with her. He'd probably sit down and attempt to help, but only end up sitting in useful piling space instead. He'd push his hair out of his eyes while he looked at the clothes below him. And when he felt her watching, he'd look up through his dirty blonde vines and his grey eyes would twinkle while he smirked. They'd both laugh—a nonverbal agreement that he had no idea what the hell he was doing.

Sabrina groaned piercingly out of frustration. A wail was threatening to leave her lips despite the fact that she was fighting to hold them back. She'd done enough crying over the past two weeks. She needed some improvement because this wasn't doing her any good. She lay back on the carpet, closing her eyes and taking deep, controlled pants.

She eventually got herself together although she no longer felt like doing laundry. She felt like falling asleep right where she was. She hadn't realized she had a pair of scrubs in her hand. They were the bottoms to her favorite set—the black ones she'd worn the day she met Quincy. Sabrina sat up and searched the pockets for the slice of paper she'd put in there from that day.

It was there. Quincy's messy script marked the small space. She ran her fingers over the ripped edge, and it seemed to sting her finger a bit. To be honest, the entire thing felt as if it were on fire somehow. It only fueled her random act of spontaneity. Within a second she was up, dialing the number and putting it up to her ear.

A tiny, deep chuckle filled the receiver where a proper 'hello' should've.

"I've been waiting for you to call." Sabrina cracked a little half smile, his cockiness was unbelievably amusing. Her reply was instantaneous.

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you but I called the wrong number." He chuckled lightly on the other end.

"Yeah right," He sighed once quietly. "So what time am I picking you up?"

*

Sabrina was on cloud nine while riding through town in Quincy's brand new Audi. She couldn't believe she was just crying a few hours before. His car was fast and when he accelerated; her neck would plaster itself against the cushioned headrest behind her. All the gadgets on the dashboard lit up the entire car. They hadn't spoken much on the ride to the five star restaurant but it didn't bother either of them. The purring of the engine lulled them both into a sort of meditation. Sabrina was feeding off of his mellow, calm mood. He was so collected and serene.

While he drove, he held the wheel by its bottom. His shinning gold wrist sat against his thigh while he steadied the car. Quincy wore a deep burgundy button down with a black and grey striped tie. The color set off his burning russet honey eyes and flawless caramel skin. He was the prettiest man she'd probably ever seen.

Sabrina was clad in a plain black wrap dress. It ruched across her midsection and fell delicately above her knees. A large gold statement necklace lay just above her hint of cleavage. Her hair rested on her shoulders and her curls were defined from the twist out she'd taken down that morning. She felt the outfit was too boring without a deep purple lipstick on her full lips.

She felt great, which wasn't what she was expecting. She looked good, riding in a car worth more than her life's savings, eating an expensive meal she didn't have to pay for with a handsome man beside her. Even if he seemed a bit uptight, she was enjoying everything else. She felt like she deserved this treatment after all she'd been through because of Keegan. At least that was how she was validating her mooching for the night.

Sabrina questioned whether or not she was being unreasonable. Was it uncommon for today's age of men to open the car door for their date? Especially on the first date. Sabrina ground her teeth together as she closed the Audi door and walked around the vehicle to meet Quincy. They walked up to the lavish steakhouse in silence. Sabrina purposefully allowed Quincy to stay in front to see if he'd hold the door for her.

She didn't think she was the type to be bothered by such tiny things. But his disregard to do them was... a bit impolite. He hadn't come to her apartment door either; instead he sent a text and waited in his car. She mentally shook her thoughts away; she was being ridiculous. Chivalry was very well dead, that was a fact known by all of society. She couldn't be upset with Quincy because he wasn't acting like—Keegan.

So Sabrina overlooked the fact that he was the first to step through the restaurant's threshold, only reaching his hand behind him so that she had time to put her hand against the handle.

*

"How do you feel about being in people's mouths all day long?" Quincy asked her. Sabrina used her knife and fork to cut a piece of her sirloin as she prepared to reply.

"Sometimes I love it, but sometimes I don't. I guess it depends on the day." She laughed to herself as she thought of something. Quincy watched her with a smirk on his full brown lips.

"What's funny?" Admiration saturated his words from across the small table. Sabrina looked up from her plate to meet his intoxicating eyes. His arms were folded on to table and he leaned forward a bit.

"It's really gross," She chuckled again. "I don't want to tell you while you're eating." He pressed further.

"I wanna know, tell me." Sabrina inhaled deeply with a smile on her face. She gently put down her fork and knife so she could share her story. She mimicked his posture and looked around for anyone who might've been listening.

"Okay, one time I had to clean this old man's teeth." He stared at her intently. "And when he opened his mouth, I was hit with this disgusting smell—I almost gagged. That's how bad his breath smelled." Quincy laughed lightly at how animated she was. Her face contorted into an expression of revulsion as she spoke. "Then, I started cleaning his teeth and I saw tonsil stones at the back of his throat." Quincy gave her an inquisitive look with his brows pushed together.

CoCoNiy101
CoCoNiy101
751 Followers