Choices and Sacrifices Ch. 07 Pt. 2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CoCoNiy101
CoCoNiy101
752 Followers

Quincy had asked her out to a lot of his client and work events. But he managed to convince her that the professional atmosphere couldn't be met with her textured hair. At first Sabrina decided not to take heed to his bold warning and showed up with the hair that no one could stop staring at. She didn't know if the stares were admiring or ridiculing but she felt out of place. So from that day forward, she straightened her hair to accompany Quincy at his career dealings.

Tonight, it was pressed bone straight with a sleek part down the middle. She and Quincy would be going to the grand opening of his client's bar. Since the setting was a bit more relaxed in comparison to the dining halls they usually attended, she decided she'd wear a black strapless top that cradled her ample breasts. She dressed the shirt down even more with dark skinny jeans and sandals. Her earrings were large and her bracelets clacked whenever she moved her hand.

Subtle steps growing closer drew her attention off of her own reflection. She looked toward him with an aggravated expression.

"It took you an hour to put on jeans, a t-shirt and sneakers?" That was literally all he wore. His light grey v-neck was lose on his muscled frame with medium stone wash jeans and a pair of sneakers he paid a man at footlocker to hold for him while people waited in line at 5 AM.

"I had to cut my hair." Sabrina looked over his crown with a bored expression. "It looks the same as it did yesterday." Quincy suppressed a grin before hustling over to look in the mirror. As if he was self conscious about her words, his toffee tinted eyes roamed over his appearance. Sabrina smiled at his mirror image; he was so pretty it was humorous.

"Shut up and let's go." He pressed his palm over her scalp before running for his wallet and keys. Sabrina took her time getting her things and followed him out of the house, brushing her hair down in the process.

*

The brand new bar was filled to maximum capacity. There were all kinds of young people mixing together and sipping on free drinks. Quincy was looking for his client to give him a 'congratulations' but had a time difficult finding him through the massive clumps of conversing people. He and Sabrina were standing at a tall circular table that she guessed would have chairs around it on a normal day. But since it was so crowded, they probably got rid of them for tonight. She rested her arms on the surface to support her weight.

Sabrina was enjoying herself; the establishment was like nothing she'd ever been in before. There was a stage at the back of the room for live performances, a balcony with outside seating, a giant bar and the entrance had a restaurant feel with booths. There was hip hop music playing through the speakers and she could smell the scent of chicken wings.

"Just relax; you'll see him when you see him." Sabrina said, after watching Quincy give the entire room a look over for the fifth time. He turned toward her with a menacing glare.

"I'm not here for the drinks Sabrina—this is my money." Sabrina rolled her eyes at him before spotting a waitress pushing through people to get to them. Quincy and Sabrina's eyes both lit up at the sight of the woman.

"Do you two want something to eat? Everything is five dollars for the grand opening." Sabrina was about to request chicken wings when Quincy cut her off.

"Can you get the manager for me? Tell him it's Quincy." Sabrina was getting a little annoyed with him. She was trying to have a good time and revel in the idea of not making small talk with a bunch of old, snooty aristocrats as she'd usually have to do at his events. Although Quincy was still acting as if she did. She turned her body away from him so she could look at the people. She knew this would be a popular place for people her age. She and Rochelle would have to visit again soon.

Within a few minutes, Quincy was chatting to someone who had approached the table. Sabrina turned around slowly, giving herself time to put on a false smile. But when she finally faced the people, her beam rapidly fell.

"This is Sabrina." Quincy introduced her but she couldn't respond. Looking into the familiar face had stolen the breath out of her. She thought about what his presence meant.

She could feel her palms slicking under the smooth table. Her pulse had risen to a dangerous pace and time was slowing down. The rhythmic music was now inaudible and all she could hear was a steady thumbing that rattled her brain.

Quincy sat uncomfortably between the 3 people. They each stared at one another as if they were foreign objects.

Sabrina knew that Connor was opening up a bar, but she had no intentions on seeing him again after breaking up with Keegan. So to be here, in his establishment on its grand opening was a paradox. The sight of him and his familiar brown eyes and short hair physically hurt her. His existence brought on memories she was so close to burying. She'd heard a few things about his girlfriend Lacey and it was obvious she'd heard a few things about her too; the deer in headlights stare couldn't have been a mistake.

She was a petite Indian girl with long, curly hair. Her already great eyes were widened even more as she looked at Sabrina.

"Is he here?" Sabrina's words were already hushed; a side effect of shock and anxiety.

She didn't even know why she asked such a stupid question.

Keegan would be here to support his best friend. Sabrina was almost certain they'd spoken plenty of times since she and Keegan had been apart because Connor wouldn't be so dumbfounded if they hadn't. He knew more about Keegan than Sabrina did and that sort of ignorance made her stomach churn.

"He should be here in a few minutes. Sabrina, I really think you should—"Connor was in the midst of giving her a suggestion she was just about to act on when his attention was redirected. His head was fixed at the entrance of his bar and Sabrina was too afraid to look. She didn't want to see Keegan joyful and ready to celebrate with his friends. So she was collecting her clutch in preparation to relocate to the bathroom.

"Sabrina," It was first thing he'd said. The first thing to leave his lips while in her company after over 2 months was her name. To hear it subdued all her worrying and fear. She slowly turned around to face him, with a solemn expression. But the first thing she spotted was a tall, beautiful green eyed brunette clinging to his arm and robbing her of her heart.

CoCoNiy101
CoCoNiy101
752 Followers