Choices and Sacrifices Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He'd dismissed everyone a little early, and Sabrina nearly ran for the exit. Since she was the nearest to the door, her path was clear. Mena and her diaper bag definitely slowed her down but wind was still whipping around her head. Although still, she knew Quincy was coming for her. He was on her heels and she could feel it.

Her destination was behind the stage, where the choir and bible study rooms were held. All she had to do was disappear into a hall and tell Rochelle was she was with a quick text. Quincy would be clueless and sooner or later, he'd leave. She was about to make a left hand turn when a hand along her elbow kept her in place.

He was panting, beads of sweat beginning to form on his pitiful little forehead. Sabrina's body was cooling at his touch, his finger prints scorched her skin and put adrenaline in her blood.

"Why are you touching me?" She snapped herself from his hold and continued on her way, but Quincy risked his life and jumped in her path.

"I'm taking your mom and sisters to lunch." She wasn't sure if he was inviting her, or trying to get under her skin even father than he already was. She gave him an expectant look before repositioning Mena.

"I could've sworn I told you to never speak to me again."

"Quincy!" Rochelle approached from behind, a joyous smile on her face and a pep in each step and she came nearer. "How're you and that beautiful car?" She looked out into the parking lot and saw the topic right in the front, for everyone to see. "Just gorgeous. I see it's still in one piece, huh?"

Quincy completely ignored her. "Do you want to come?" Sabrina side stepped him so she could align with Rochelle. She handed Mena to her mother and sauntered off toward the exit.

*

Keegan was up early. He woke up in a puddle of his own sweat, his dick throbbing and scorching his thigh. The light from the rising sun cast a tiny glow in the bedroom, illuminating his new furniture. His first check after sending in his first 10 chapters had been more than expected. The apartment Quincy had left him reeked of adolescent poverty. With his advance, he bought a mattress, headboard and dresser. The room was beginning to look like a room.

Bethany had gotten his old blowup bed. Her first day in town, she thought that she'd be able to lay in bed with Keegan, as if they hadn't gone through what they had. As if he hadn't tried to travel 200 miles without her and forget her existence once more. Needless to say, she'd thought wrong.

He eyed his brand new laptop in the corner of the room. His fingers were twitching for multiple forms of release. His first would include his favorite porn. The webpage was already bookmarked and ready for him. The page loaded up and the opening credits rolled. He pulled his member out of its confines and turned the volume up a little.

There she was.

A woman who did her best to resemble the love of his life. Her skin was a a half shade darker, her bottom a little smaller— even after Sabrina's weight loss. She did have her big, natural hair that shined when the set's lighting hit it at an angel. Her eyes were almost as brown and expressive as the one's he'd fallen so hard for. When she kneeled down in front of the camera, to suck the cock of the actor above her, he was almost sure he could picture Sabrina. He often paused it at just the right second, where the pornstar looked the most like her, and daydream for an hour or two.

He needed to see Sabrina. He wasn't going to give up this easily. Quitting wouldn't be an option until he got the chance to say he'd done all he could to have her back.

*

Sabrina was running late. Her braid out had came out horribly and she'd spilled coffee on her pink and white scrubs. So she had to clean off the seat of her car, go back inside her apartment and change. She then realized that coffee had morphed into a necessity and she needed to make a new cup. So she was taking large strides up to dental office building. She was bringing her coffee mug up to her lips when a vision caught her attention. She stopped dead in her tracks, feeling her face plummet.

Keegan's car was parked along the concrete walkway. He was sitting on the hood, two dozen roses in his hand and a nervous expression on his face. Sabrina took a fleeting glance at the entrance, trying to quickly assess just how fast she could get herself out of this situation. Keegan must've caught on, because he put himself between her and the door. Sabrina shifted on her feet, trying to place her growing agitation.

Keegan wasn't sure how this was going to work. He'd contemplated how to go about getting her attention, and this was the best he'd come up with. Now that he was standing on the street, people staring at them from the building's windows above, he was second guessing himself. This was too flamboyant for both he and Sabrina. But he was in her presence once more, so it'd served its purpose.

She was livid. Remarkably adorable, but pissed beyond comprehension.

"What are you doing?" The question was tight and tense. She refused to make eye contact with him.

"I want to take you to dinner tonight." She gave him an incredulous look. Her mouth was parted in astonishment and her eyebrows were set at strategic angles to give her the perfect look of disbelief.

"You need help. You can't come to my job." She tried to side step him, something she'd done at the party she'd seen him the weekend before. But he was there, moving as she did. They were closer now, less than a foot apart. She looked up at him, hoping her eyes were threatening because her heart had swooned.

His smell was right under her nose. It wasn't a cologne or a special soap. The smell was specifically unique to him and it was something she'd tried to reimagine many times. But to have it right before her was impactful.

"Please." She hadn't realized they were staring at one another until a honk in the distance brought her back. She took a step back and tried to catch her breath. Keegan unconsciously moved toward her— he almost reached his arm out to pull her back. "Sabrina, at least think about it." He pulled a full sized card from the middle of the bouquet and handed it to her. His messy script in the form of an S graced the cover. She snatched it, ready to leave his gaze.

When she got to the office Rochelle was standing at the door, her hands on her hips and an evil eye headed straight for Sabrina.

"You're a half an hour late. Erin had to take your—" Sabrina was trying to gather her thoughts and Rochelle's nagging was only making that more difficult.

"I'm sorry. I had a rough morning." The reply was robotic, but it was enough to send her off with a huff. Sabrina sat in one of the reception chairs and stared at the envelope. Her curiosity was getting the best of her. She felt guilty for caring so much but the corners were scorching her finger tips. She ripped half of the flap out of the fold, but stopped herself.

She had to know. The card was heart warming. The front was plain but moving. "I love you". That's all it said. That's all it needed to say. She could feel her eyes stinging from an internal pressure building from her core. She opened the card and was overwhelmed by how much he'd written.

"Sabrina,

I love you. I don't think I can tell you enough. I am in love with you. I will always be. I'm not asking for forgiveness, I'm asking for a chance to explain myself. I've hurt you in ways I probably couldn't even imagine but knowing that, hurts me too. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Sabrina smiled, noting his cheesiness as well as her response. "Every day I wake up without you, I know that I've wasted another day. I want to know I did all that I could. I need you."

Sabrina looked up at the ceiling, trying to repress some of the tears that threatened to spill over.

She missed him. She missed the man she'd fallen in love with but she had no idea where that man was. The man she'd loved so much wasn't capable of hurting her so deeply. She refused to believe it.

The pads of her fingers felt tiny ridges on the back of the car. She flipped it over to see additional writing in the center.

"Friday afternoon at 1:30. I'll meet be waiting for you." There was a small cafe's name right under that. She had 4 days to decide if she'd meet him.

12