Choices: Revisited

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Guess who." A male voice said.

"Baby?!" I cried happily and turned.

"Been awhile since you called me that." The male voice said as I turned.

When I saw his face I froze. It was a face I hadn't seen in many years. Jason Tryce. He was taller then me, but I noticed now shorter then Brandon. His blond hair, once long and rebellious was now a crew cut. He had filled out nicely over the years and even after all this time, five years I still felt my heart flutter in my chest when I looked at him. "Jason?" I whispered.

"You look beautiful as ever Monnie." Jason smiled and held open his arms for a hug.

"You couldn't think to tell me you were okay?" I snapped and folded my arms over my chest. "You up and leave at the end of senior year to join the Military and I don't ever see you again!"

"You told me to leave!" Jason snarled. "You told me you weren't going to be just another army wife Monica." I watched his expression soften and he added softly. "Do we have to do this Monnie? Can't we just enjoy our little reunion?"

As much as I wanted to stay mad at him I just nodded and we walked through the market together as I shopped. "So...i notice the rings. Are you married now?"

I wanted to tell him yes, and happily but people from town were all around me so I knew I had to stick to the story. "...no. I was."

"But your single now?" I heard the hope and desire in his voice and felt a shiver run down my spine.

"....It's complicated." I replied softly and looked anywhere but at him. "Look it was nice talking to you Jason, but....i have to go."

"Monnie wait!" Jason grabbed my arm as I tried to walk away and then smiled. "Wanna have dinner with me while I am in town?"

I looked down at my finger and the two rings that sat on my finger and wanted to tell him no, but the house was so quiet. I couldn't believe my own voice when I heard "....Okay. That should be fun."

I gave him my cell number, paid for my groceries and drove home wondering why I had done this. Years later I knew why, I was sad and upset at being left behind, but it still proved to be something I never intended. I was opening Pandora's Box.