Chosen Mate Ch. 10

Story Info
Gambler's and Outlaw's.
12.4k words
4.78
8.7k
9
Story does not have any tags

Part 11 of the 14 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/22/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HarryHill
HarryHill
98 Followers

Harry's notes: chapter 10. This is a longish chapter; it will tie in some important elements in the final two chapters, so pay attention. Again I lament a Military section in Lit. Thanks to all who have commented, favorited and added me to their author list. Also, thanks to all who participated in the Summer Poetry Contest voting. enjoy.


Daniel Sand watched the wedding party depart the streets of Backwater with shouts, waves, and honking horns; the traditionally decorated vehicle led a covert force away behind the newlywed couple. He glanced to the few humans leaving the impromptu reception hosted in Mildred's. Walking into the empty coffee house, he passed below to the hidden domain of Fay. Dropping the tightly held illusion of the impeccably suited business man, he called to his council.

--Brothers, meet me at the war table. I want Operation Sweet Water running as soon as River Base is operational and secure. Striding the corridors under Backwater, he allowed himself a brief moment of satisfaction now that Operation River was running.

***

Harry drifted from one thought to another while Oldman and Sandra used his body to play hold 'em poker at the $5/ $10 table of the Tunica casino. They were on their honeymoon. A working honeymoon Sandra's Father had called it. He could call it what he wanted because he had paid for the rooms and given five thousand dollars as a wedding gift, that was actually seed money. Over the past two days, they had steadily increased that stake, although Sandra did not speak of the accumulated winnings.

They were joined by man as well as Fay now after a quiet ceremony at the courthouse, sans relatives and friends, although all those seemed to attend now.

A long caravan of vehicles, filled with well-wishers, followed them here; they were still celebrating the mating feast, the discovery of their long lost champion who was the eldest of their race, and the temple of treasures, which Edgar had held safe for them. Even now, Harry could see the Fay with his newfound sight. Bright auras were scattered over the visible portion of the casino floor as he looked through the windows separating the poker room from the rest of the casino.

There was no way the slots could be beat by Fay powers; they were bound by the same chances and odds as humans. It didn't stop them from playing though. The flashing lights and chiming sounds held a strange attraction for them. Even the drunken Silas seemed more animated and sober; he sat at a machine attended by one of his waitresses from the bar, aura flashing with his laughter.

Maddie was nearby, steadily playing the quarter slot machine she had claimed for the past two days. It was good being near her, if only through the glass. She conversed animatedly with other grey haired patrons nearby that were pressing buttons and laughing.

Harry reached for his cup of coffee, finding it empty; he put it down in disgust. He was ready for a break from the long hours at the table. Oldman raked in another pot, tossing chips in the pockets of Harry's tweed, worn as a concession to his nuptial duties.

Sandra and Donna appeared at his side, carrying his chips away to the cashier and making a reservation for a 10:00 P.M. game. Harry stood before another hand started; reaching in the pocket of his jacket, he tossed a chip to the dealer, paying no attention to the denomination. Be a player, win big, loose small, and be seen to tip were his instructions. Besides, he had to do something with the chips Oldman kept sticking in his jacket.

He stretched to relieve five hours' worth of inactivity from his limbs. It was hard work to lose enough to seem like a normal player while using Sandra's ability to see the cards in the thoughts of the players. However, such had been his command by his father-in-law. The message had been delivered by his new brother in law, his new business partner, his new friend. He left the poker room to find him. Oldman slid from his mind to supervise the chip redemption greedily with Sandra.

Harry found Gerry at the blackjack tables he had haunted from arrival. Why he played there when a fortune awaited at the poker tables, Harry would never understand.

Gerry sat straight backed in a chair at the number five position of the blackjack table, a half empty beer near his hand; he leaned over the table easily, forearms on the padded rails, studying the cards that lay face up before him. He had a nineteen; he would stand. The Fay on his right held with a fifteen, because he knew the dealer also had a fifteen. He knew because he saw the cards in the surface of the dealers mind. The dealer, forced to draw, hit a nine and busted; he paid the winners. Harry walked up behind him.

"Are you hungry yet," Harry asked as he grabbed Gerry's shoulder. Head nodding, Gerry watched the play and re-bet, he made no verbal reply as he studied the new cards dealt to him.

--Hey Harry, Gerry said in his mind. "I could eat," he said aloud, then continued silently. ...We have our basic requirements to open a store in Memphis with that last game you finished. How much longer are you and Sandra going to stay?

--We'll leave in the morning after breakfast and catch up with you there. Harry replied in the same manner, turning and wandering away to a nearby craps table. ...You should have enough time to decide on a location and start looking for a storefront, as long as it will take us to get there. Immediate possession would be nice; then we could get home faster.

--You're such an optimist, Gerry sent at his retreating back. Amused laughter and calls among the players at the table followed him as the game continued.

While Harry began gambling at the craps table, he followed Sandra's, Oldman's, and Donna's progress from the cashier's cage and across the casino floor toward him.

Oldman, feeling Harry's attention, joined him. His ability to move from mind to mind had become fluid now; his presence was just there or not, as he moved between Harry and Sandra. No one else had cared to permit Oldman to occupy their mind, even though, Sandra had proof that he could be forcefully rejected, if the option was needed; everyone, that is, except Harry of course; he was stuck with him.

--Holy shit Harry, you've got a stack going. Oldman gushed excitedly. The original fifty-dollar chips that begun play at the table, was now five fifty. Harry pushed the entire stack to the field. Oldman sputtered; he was obsessed with the science of probability and began muttering numbers in the background of Harry's thoughts.

--What is this? No hello, no goodbye, you just pop back and forth as you please now? Harry bitched at Oldman. Craps came up; Harry doubled.

--HE, HE, HE, Oldman cackled, as he took possession of Harry's hands, and began stuffing chips in his pockets.

--Help yourself you old bastard, Harry thought.

--I will, Oldman replied tartly. ...Community property and all that you know. Sandra's real and mental laughter echoed in his ears and mind, as she moved close to the table and their bickering play. Oldman sputtered again as Harry pushed the remaining stack of chips to the come line, and turned away.

Donna and Maddie arrived with her, laughing happily, arm in arm. Sandra was dressed in a soft brown suede dress that dripped from her body in supple folds. The eye of many of the women nearby appraised it jealously. A matching purse, with sculptured fringe and bone decorations, depended from her shoulder by a waist length cord. Soft brown leather slippers made no sound, as she slipped next to him, taking his arm, then resting her chin on his shoulder and staring up into his face.

"My bride," Harry said, kissing her softly, letting his eyes descend into the depths of her gaze.

--Community property, where's mine, she said during the kiss. A roar followed the rattle of dice, as they flew over the felt and rebounded for a seven. The croupier paid the pass line, Oldman again pulled chips, stuffing them in Sandra's purse to clatter down over the wads of cash that were accumulated there.

--Here 'ya go. Oldman said magnanimously. Harry regained use of his hands once again, pushing the remaining stack to the pass line. Craps, on the first pass, took the bet. Harry turned from the table.

"Can we eat now?" He asked, with a boyish grin that was engaging on his worn face.

"I'm ready." said Maddie, and led the way toward the lobby and the buffet.

"Me too," Gerry echoed, following closely, leaning over her and speaking in her ear as they walked away. Harry's mind slipped into abstract thoughts as he walked behind. Sandra and Oldman shared a headshake and a thought.

--There he goes again. Sandra called it when he stared out of the windows in his mind. Oldman said it made a great poker face. Whatever it was, the people protected its valuable asset fiercely.

Harry let Oldman move his body through the buffet as the group scattered among the serving lines that were full; hungry gambler's filled their grumbling stomachs with food before assaulting the games and devices of luck and chance once more. Harry chewed mechanically. Oldman stuffed food in his mouth until he noticed one of the Shining People that were not from Backwater moving in the room. He drew back to the shared presence of the Fay in the room, examining her with their eyes.

--Hey Harry, look at this; where did she come from?

The Fay waitress had seated them all at a large, round, table. He could see her faintly orange aura dimly through Sandra's eyes, but little else of her form that moved within her tightly controlled illusion of a young blonde haired woman in serving uniform with 'Lori' on her nametag.

Her surprise and delight to meet rarely encountered members of her race was a brave front, marred by fear. Her smiling face as she moved about them masked her real and assumed image. She tried to convey the danger that frequented this area; the slaughter of her siblings as they reached maturity, moving about the environs in unguarded form, was foremost. Her joy at finding others of her race, and in such force, danced around the warning thoughts in glee.

Sandra and Donna's eyes met across the table. Calming thoughts and images flowed from them; they washed over the agitated surface of the girls thoughts, stilling them, until they were reduced to gently disturbed ripples in the pool of her mind. Sandra raised one of the glasses of water, appearing to look into the vessel for a moment, and spoke softly to the girl.

"Lo ri na, we greet you." She sipped from the glass in a manner no different from those around them. Misted feelings of tears showed in shimmered eyes as the dimly remembered form of ceremony swam blindingly in Lorie's mind; she bustled about the table, head bent at her tasks.

"I greet you." She whispered, casting anxious glances of eye and awareness around the room. She stood straight, leaving the table with a bright covering smile. Harry's eyes followed as she moved about the buffet tables; her minuscule nods to the people of their entourage answered the softly spoken words, thoughts, and greetings.

"Should I be jealous?" Sandra asked, resting her chin on his shoulder.

"Always," he replied, kissing her with sushi stained lips. She fed at his mouth and from the love within him. Sandra wondered at the ease with which Harry accepted the existence of the Fay. The obvious reason was the realization that his fear of insanity was unfounded. There was much more to his transformation into one of the Shining People, although he didn't really shine, at least not like them; but, he had a glow within that was impossible to ignore. She kissed him harder.

--I guess the honeymoons not over yet, remarked Oldman, drawing his presence close to the intense feeling and emotions of love. Sandra spoke into Harry's mouth.

"Eat my love; you need strength for what is to follow. Do not worry about the orphan; she is safe now. She will be returned to Backwater and examined for any information that may be helpful to the people."

***

It was two in the morning. The casino floor was near empty of Fay and Human as the players slowly melted away in the early hours of Monday morning. There were few left, except for Leonard and his new crew and the force providing security until a location was acquired for the shop and remodeling could begin. The three members of his original crew were busy assembling the first LTA from molds and jigs created before leaving Backwater.

The force chatted easily in voice as well as thought; seemingly at ease, but well aware of the comings and goings of the casino. There was a quick communication on the private net of thought used by security.

--Arrival, black Mercedes S550, vanity plate: Golf, Alpha, Mama, Bravo, Lima, Romeo. It is at the front entrance.

Gerry, Donna, and Maddie, left for Memphis earlier, and were established in one of the elegant small hotels near the center of the city by afternoon. Harry wished he were there too after the call came from the security team.

--Intruder! All call signs; we have a Black One entering the casino. Standing by for instructions, security alerted quickly as the Formorian exited the Mercedes.

--All, except members of the Memphis team, will begin Operation Fade Away. Initiate Chase, Hawk is in command until further notice. Sandra turned her thoughts away to Harry and Oldman.

***

Sandra and Oldman spotted The Formorian immediately as he made his way toward the table. Oldman folded the hand of rag cards quickly, causing Harry to stand, while floating the feeling of full bladder and its pressing need on his mind. Sandra stood from her place at an empty booth in the players' lounge, stretching languorously in her black pantsuit, displaying breasts and buttocks in a calculated eye catching pose that drew lustful and admiring thoughts. Oldman ushered him along to the lavatory, keeping tight control of his thoughts. Sandra kissed him in passing and then moved behind the glass to the slot machine Maddie used while she was here, begining to play in a desultory manner. A small pout on her full lips suggested her desire to be elsewhere.

***

In the safety of the restroom they held a hurried three-sided conversation as they planned a course of action.

--Let's get the hell out of here, Harry blurted in their thoughts; revulsion and desperation spilled from him as the careful enclosing shell of mental camouflage was eased. He wanted nothing more than to get away from the empty black mind of the creature seen in their thoughts.

--NO! Sandra and Oldman's shout sounded together loudly and emphatically in his mind. Harry leaned against the wall over the urinal; he waited for his clenched bladder and thoughts to relax.

--What then? There may be more of them, he said, looking at the wall.

--We must be careful; they read emotions as we read thoughts. If we leave while the table falls our way it may cast some suspicion and curiosity inviting further investigation, Sandra said in analysis.

--And their emotions are unreadable. Oldman thought with irritation of the fat stacks of chips still in play around their table. ...There is still profit to be made, in spite of the danger of you revealing your knowledge. The Fay have had long practice concealing their form and thought. You must learn to cover your own mind. This will not be the last of them we will encounter. He turned to Sandra's studied thoughts.

--We will continue to play, Sandra said with determined defiant thought from her position at Maddie's machine. ...Hawk, perimeter check. Eyes all, say status soonest. She turned her mind back to where their thoughts stared at one another. ...We will continue; would you not beat them at their own game?

--Good idea, if you can get Harry to perform correctly, Oldman replied in sarcastic thoughts of disbelief.

--Play, how can I play with that monster sitting at the table? Detest, disgust, and dread bled from him.

--You have to Harry. He has to see you as a simple businessman enjoying himself during his 'honey moon' with his trophy wife and money stacked before him, although not as stacked as that waitress, Oldman crowed.

--Ooh, lust and greed, what a wonderful cover; I love it, Sandra said. ...We will make you a mental actor. Harry laughed aloud in the empty restroom, zipping his trousers and moving to the sink.

--A mental actor, you two are mental. Okay, fine, try this you mental directors, a smile played in his thoughts. He said jokingly ...What's my motivation? Excitement burst from Oldman's furrowed thoughts.

--Exactly Harry, that's what I'm trying to tell you. Sandra jumped in the conversation excitedly.

--Listen, she said with a piercing thought. ...You hardly ever look at the cards Oldman plays. Concentrate on them; think of my body. The image of the 'nap' they shared after lunch drifted through his mind, forming a picture of Sandra as she lay gap legged on the bed, her smoldering eyes seeming to look at him as her hands moved over her body. He felt the rise of arousal in his thoughts.

--A star is born, Oldman quipped, as Harry adjusted his trousers and returned to the floor of the casino. He walked past rows of machines, drinking a shot as he passed the bar.

--Jack Daniels cures, he said. ...I'll think about our waterfall and no stick outside the archway.

--That will work. I will add some positive reinforcement as we go along. Remember, we want to rob the bank and ride off in a cloud of lust. Her smiling thoughts betrayed her.

Harry groaned at the pun, but the lightening tone of their thought began to relax him.

***

The Formorian watched as the grey bearded, longhaired man returned from the washroom where he had so hurriedly gone. The sense of his urgent need was like a wave of panic as he had moved away with haste. The beautiful, svelte, auburn haired girl, watched by all through the glass while the eccentric looking hairy man was gone, twisted and turned about her chair; she played the slot with a piqued expression at her husband's pre-occupation at the poker table. Her need was clear on her face and emotions. He admired the view of her bent over form, as she had retrieved something from the floor.

She ran to the man as he returned, spreading her body over his, whispering in his ear. There was no mistaking the interest in his face and emotions as his hands moved over her body; but his eye moved to the table, seen over her head, and the accumulation of chips there. He patted her fanny, kissed her, and continued into the room; taking his chair and looking at the cards on the table; his eyes slid over the players.

The player to the left of the Formorian had a sudden burst of excited emotion as the turn card was displayed. A small movement of his lips was the only outward sign of his excitement. The Formorian folded his cards ahead of the excited player and began studying the hairy man. Lust and greed played equally in his emotions, dividing his attention between the pile of chips on the table and where the woman was twisting again behind the glass. She dropped many things. The hairy man's emotions slid away from greed each time she did.

The hand ended, won by the excited man to his left, who smiled as he drew the pile of chips toward him. The hairy man paid for his missed blinds so that he could begin playing immediately. He also threw a chip to the dealer from his pocket without looking. The dealer took the black chip with a nod of thanks.

***

--You are doing good Harry. Oldman told him. ...Now look away from the table for the cocktail waitress. There she is. She gives you a big smile. Sandra fumes.

Harry looked and mimed for a drink. The waitress knew what he wanted. It was all the strange man drank, but he tipped well. She was back before play started; placing the cup of coffee in a holder at his right hand, bending low, she displayed her ample cleavage to him.

HarryHill
HarryHill
98 Followers