Chronicles of Cain

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alison and Ian met under extreme circumstances. She had been caught by a pack of Sabbat vampires, caged, beaten, and stabbed her through the bars. They had taken her to the center of town, and while they rode horses, let her go and had their own version of a foxhunt.

Ian had heard her cries and though he was in association with Sabbat vampires, he felt pity on her and saved her from an untimely death. They became lovers for a while, then as they got closer, afterward they agreed friends was the best choice of action. However they both still feel strongly towards each other.

Then there is Hellblade. He is a renegade garou that had a thirst for bloodshed that made him feared among the feared. Hellblade is almost never in his human form, choosing to take that of a gigantic black wolf-beast. He stands eight feet tall and can lift a car with ease. He wields a huge broad sword that looks as nasty as its owner does.

Hellblade is possibly the most powerful friend he had, next to Steven Ramos, his employer and friend. Steven is the diabolical Tremere that rules over Dallas. He is the Archbishop of Dallas and has acquired much power over its inhabitants. The Kindred of the Sabbat have taken Steven into their ranks willingly and allowed him to rule the city. Although Steven is considered an ally, Ian can not ignore the mystery around him.

Ian entered the city, looking down its cluttered streets, thinking of these friends. He hoped somehow to end the eternal loneliness that he has felt for so long. Even now within the city that feeling was still there, as it has been since his embrace and turning but now there seemed to be hope for a better tomorrow. When morning came he would retire to his room in the Cathedral and with much praying and hope, just maybe he would finally feel at home.

3

Marcus left the hall, glad to be out of the presence of that abomination. Thoughts raced though his head on how about to proceed with his next course of action. Steven was too much trouble to allow him to rule Dallas, this much he was certain of. So he had to get rid of him somehow. Although, the laws of the Sabbat were very clear on matters such as these and he would have to watch his step when he made his next move.

The law states no Sabbat Kindred may harm another, but the law does say that challenges may be made against another. The laws also state that the act of removing a Kindred from power can be done through political means, as long as the actions taken helped further the Sabbat's fight against the Camarilla.

Marcus was not going to challenge Steven to a duel, he knew that there was a good chance that he would not win. So he would have to settle for the next best thing. He would have to hire someone to hunt Steven down and destroy him.

There are many hunters whose services can be acquired. First there is the Inquisition, humans that have learned of the existence of the Kindred, hunt them down, and destroy them in the name of God. There is also lupines that have acquired a taste for Kindred blood that can be bought, and finally there are fellow Kindred that feed off the blood of older vampires.

Marcus hates humans but hates lupines even more, so he would have to find another Kindred to do the deed. He has heard of a vampire that hunts Ventrue. This man's name is Maximilliano.

Maximilliano has become a feared word among the Ventrue, because he has successfully destroyed fifteen Ventrue vampires. He strikes swiftly and his skill with a gun is unmatched.

As Marcus climbed into the limousine he pulled a telephone out of his vest pocket and flipped it open. The phone at the other end rang several times before someone answered.

Marcus's voice was quiet as a whisper, "Yes, may I speak with a Father Edwardo?"

4

Maximilliano walked down the streets of Dallas in search of a victim from which to feed. Max was of Ventrue clan, a high class and prissy clan. They loved politics and stripping their enemies of all their wealth and political power was a favorite pass time. Though Max was Ventrue, he was not one of these stuck up vampires.

Max hated the Ventrue with a passion that exceed his lust for blood. He was a Ventrue hunter, perhaps the best in the business. Max was living in Mexico when he was embraced, the act of being turned into a vampire, by a Ventrue name Makile Johnson. Makile slaughtered Maximilliano's family and instead of killing Max he turned him into one of the Kindred and left him for dead.

Max learned about the Kindred from a Nosferatu in an old Mexican village. Together the Nosferatu and he learned of the werewolves and other creatures that existed in this world hidden behind masks. They traveled, learned, and killed together for years before Max started his vengeance. Then a Ventrue that worked for Makile destroyed his companion. Makile had been watching Max for years and then for some reason decided that Max hadn't suffered enough. So he had his only friend destroyed and that is when it began.

Max tracked down many that worked for Makile. Taking them one by one, destroying them after he got what information that they knew from them. Years passed and Makile still eluded him. But his search still presses on. He moves from place to place. He finds local Ventrue and interrogates them, first asking them nicely, then killing those around them until they confess or there is one left to kill except them.

In his search, many people have come to him asking for his aid. Offering a Ventrue as a reward and that is how he met Marcus. Marcus came to him two nights after meeting the Archbishop of Dallas.

Marcus pulled up in a limousine asking Max to enter, and thinking he was a Ventrue Max agreed. Max wasn't afraid of destruction, in fact he awaited the day that he got destroyed.

"Thank you for meeting with me Mister Max." Marcus was sipping on a glass of red liquid. He reached for another glass and filled it. "Something to drink?" he asked as he handed Max the glass not waiting for a reply.

"Thank you...?" Max asked.

Marcus smiled, "Mr. Levi. Marcus Levi." He extended his hand out to Max. Who accepted it and shook it. "I know you are wondering why I have asked to speak with you. And normally I wouldn't go to an outside party, but this matter is of dire importance. And I am afraid only an outside influence can be trusted."

This was talk that was common of a political figure, Ventrue or not he was involved with them. Max was sure that Marcus would spill his guts before the night was over, or Max would do it for him.

"So why have you come to me?" Max asked.

"Well just to be honest. You are a hunter of sorts. And I have a thorn in my side that has Ventrue written all over it." Marcus watched as Max's eyes widened with the spoken name of his enemy. He smiled, "I see I have your attention."

Max looked around, getting a measure of every thing around him. "Yes you do."

"Good. The man's name is Ian D'Amour. He is formally of the Ventrue High court. The court, for killing an elder, banned him and branded him a traitor to his clan. He is now the most hunted Ventrue in history."

Max frowned in disappointment, "and what does this have to do with me? I don't work clean up for your kind!"

Marcus laughed, "My kind? Is that what you think, that I am Ventrue? No I am not Ventrue." Marcus poured him another drink and refilled Max's glass. "Ian was on the High Court. He must know something of the man you are looking for."

Therefore, that is why he was here. Max had to admit that this line of crap that Marcus was filling him was very enticing. It has already peaked his interest. "So you want me to find this Ian for what purpose?"

Marcus's hands came together and interlocked. "When you find Ian do with him what you will. Get what information you can from him. Just make sure that when you leave him," Marcus leaned forward, his voice becoming a whisper. "Just make sure that he isn't in one piece when you leave him. I prefer a pile of ashes myself. Either way, I want him destroyed at all cost."

Max smiled as they spoke.

"But there is one problem." Marcus pulled an envelope from his vest and handed it to Max. "He isn't the only target that is in need of eradication. His friends also must die."

Max opened the package and held up a photograph of a man standing in front of a Club called the Ascension Club.

"That is Ian. He has been frequenting that club quite often these passed few years. He has many friends within the club, but be warned those that work there are mages. The owner is a High Priestess in a local coven and the bartender is one as well. Most that enter the club you must assume are mages.

Next, he held up a photo of a man in a dark suit. He had long black hair that was tied back. He wore a pentagram necklace and strange rings on his fingers.

"That is Ian's greatest ally, Steven Ramos. He is a Tremere, we believe he is working for darker forces and that is why he is so dangerous." Marcus looked deep into Max's eyes. "Do not under estimate this man. If you go after Ian then you will face Steven sooner or later."

"If that is how it is going to be then so-be-it." Max leaned back in to the seat looking at the photographs. He flipped through them learning the names of Hellblade, Alison, Maliki, and Valin. Also included in the package was a list of places these people had been to in the last several days. A map was included, which had places marked of possible havens and places of refuge.

"I will pay you expensively to rid me of these pests."

Max finished looking through the photographs and papers and placed everything back into the package. He stashed the envelope away in his coat pocket and turned back to Marcus.

"I will look for these people and do what I can the destroy everyone on the list. But Ian is all that I am after." Max made his point clear.

Sliding back into his seat, Marcus smiled shaking his head. "I think you will kill these people. Because I will become your best friend-"

"Mister I have no friends. Nor the desire to have friends." The air between them seemed to thicken.

"But I can give you what you want." The smile on Marcus's face never wavered, just deepened. "I know where Makile lives. And I will give you the location if you do this deed."

Rage surged though Max's veins. His thoughts flooded his head with options. He would leave this car with that knowledge or he would die. His mind made up he maneuvered so he could get to one of his many guns. He would ask nicely then if he still refused to tell him what he needed to know. Then he would ask a second time, just this time he would ask not so nice.

"If you insist on reaching for your weapon then please do. The whereabouts of your enemy will die with me. I will only tell you if you agree to do this job." The expression on the face of Marcus remained solid and unchanging. "You have only one choice here. Accept my offer and the location of Makile is yours. Refuse and you will not ever get your revenge."

Max reached behind his back and pulled his shotgun from its holster. It was sawed off at both ends and looked more like a heavy pistol than that of a double barrel shotgun. "Well, looks like I have no choice."

"No you do not," stated Marcus. He watched Max intently, "And what are you going to do with that?"

"Where can I reach you after this is done?"

The Cardinal reached into his vest one last time and pulled a card out. He held it out to Max, "This has my cell number on it. It also has the number of a message service, if I can't be reached on my cellphone."

Max moved beside Marcus, taking the card and raising his gun. "This is just a warning. Do double cross me!" He was looking in the eyes of Marcus as he pulled the trigger.

The glass that separated the driver from the rest of the limousine shattered. As did the head of the driver, exploding into a red rain. The front windshield shattered as well, pieces of meat and bone coated the front dashboard.

Max opened the door and jumped from the moving car. He watched as the car swerved left then right, finally hitting a telephone pole.

That felt so much better, he thought. Max hurried down the street, jumping from shadow to shadow, until he was a safe distance away from the wreckage of the limousine. Looking back, he could hear the sirens of a fire truck and that of police racing to the scene of the accident.

Max, smiling at the sound, flagged down a taxi and returned to his motel room.

5

The night spread its black sheet over the day's sky spilling darkness over the lands of the world in waves. It splashed down around Dallas in a ritualistic manner, calling out all the creatures of the night. Even now the call was being heard and understood by the Kindred and their servants.

Kindred across the city awoke and emerged from their hidden havens, coming out of the sewers, digging themselves out of the ground, and rising from their beds. The Kindred were everywhere. They spread out across like a virus, feeding on its decadence and decay.

Ian was one of these creatures called from sleep this night. Awaking to the sight and the knowledge that he wasn't in his room any longer. Also came the knowledge that he couldn't move any part of his being. He was strapped to a table that had a mechanical feeling towards it. Also came the realization that his blood was being drained from his body.

Ian tried to hold on to a precious few drops, but the rest was gone leaving him weak and on the edge of an uncontrollable rage that would undoubtedly end in his death or someone else's death. This was not the course of action he wanted, but if there were no other option blood would be shed.

Ian heard a switch being thrown and a motor on the table began to slowly raise the table to a standing position so that Ian could see most of the room.

The room was some sort of torture chamber. It was dark and filled with hurting devices. Shackles cemented to the wall, fire pits, various nail pulling and hand smashing devices littered the room.

"I am really sorry for this Ian," spoke a familiar voice Ian recognized as Steven. Ian watched, as the Archbishop seemed to melt from the shadows, walking past something that looked like a new version of the rack. "It never should have been this way you know." Steven slowly walked around a table with an assortment of blades on it glistening in the dim light. "I had such plans for us." He walked around the table that bound Ian. Face to face, "I have met many in my unlife that are untrustworthy, but you my friend, I never felt threatened by you. In fact it is hard to find friends among the Kindred, because of our beastly nature, but none of that seems to matter in your company. Why is that?"

"Wwwhhyy?" Ian slurred. "Have yyou ddonne this ttto mee 'FRIEND'? The words almost incomprehensible but understood as his strength slowly returned to him.

Steven thought a moment, then turning away he said, "Well, quite simply, the Sabbat want you dead." Steven returned his gaze on Ian, "They feel I have betrayed them, by telling you their secrets.

"Why the look? Oh! I see. They want my head as well, do not worry about that, but you see they can't punish me. I gave them Dallas and for that they owe me big, and I assume this is how they are going to repay me." Steven laughed.

"You bastard," Ian screamed in a loud whisper, "ssooo beetrayy mee?"

The laugh faded from Steven's face, "Betray you!" Steven leaned within an inch of Ian's face. "You know the fix I'm in.. You..you fucking hypocrite, you wouldn't lay your life down for me! Would you!"

Ian's hands grabbed the edges of Steven's shirt. He concenptrated on his words, "Then what are friends for? Huh!" his whispering voice echoed. Ian spat in disgust.

Steven jumped back, but Ian's hands held fast and did not release their hold until Steven ripped the shirt from his hands.

Steven raged. "Everyone out!" Steven seemed to be talking to himself, but to Ian's surprise a dark skinned man appeared seemingly from nowhere as the door opened by itself.

The Assimites were a deadly clan of Kindred vampires that are natural assassins. The have the ability remain unseen and unheard. Their bloodline is tainted though, their blood is poison to all vampires except for those within the clan. The skin on their bodies darkens as they age.

"Sire," the dark skinned man spoke, "is this wise?"

Steven turned in furry, "Get out! 'Is this wise?' He dares to insult and lay a hand on me? Well I will remove his hands! How about you!? No!? Then get out!"

Steven stomped to the table of blades and chose two. Then with a mighty yell, as the dark skinned man left, he threw the aside cause a deadly rain of razors.

"You want to oppose me?" he screamed. Another table hit the wall spilling spiked balls and stainless steel clamps.

"Do you like pain?" Steven slashed as he spoke. The blades opened a wound on his chest, but also cut the strap that bound Ian, though not totally. Ian's assailant slash back and forth, cutting his legs, arms, stomach, and chest cursing as he did so. Finally Steven plunged the two blades into the backs of Ian's hands pinning them to the table.

Howling in rage Steven threw the table (and Ian) the length of the room. "You will die, FRIEND, Ian D'Amour! At sunrise you will greet the sun and never return!"

The table lay on its side facing away from the door. Steven concentrated for a moment and was rewarded with a click.

Warmth enveloped Ian so fast it made him dizzy. Blood rushed back into his empty veins and with it came strength. Steven appeared before the helpless D'Amour, looking at his mutilated body and smiled a twisted smile. He looked back towards the door and nodded.

"I give you life. Go from this place and disappear my friend." Ian watched in astonishment, Steven had spoken but his lips didn't move.

Steven walked to the door as delicious blood flowed into the mangled body of Ian.

Ian heard Steven address the guards outside the door. "Jack." he heard him say, unable to see his departure. "I apologize sir."

"I understand Sire." the guard replied.

Ian heard the door shut. "Jack you and Brain stand guard here. I don't think Ian is going anywhere" Steven laughed.

"Yes sire."

"Let no one in until just before dawn." Steven paused then, "You others go and prepare the cradle. Spread the word of the barbecue. I must see Satarin before the festivities begin."

"Yes lord," they said and vanished.

Steven turned to the two assimites that remained. "Have you gotten word from the assimites that were sent out to watch the Cardinal?"

"Sire? I did not know that there was a group watching him?" Brain stated.

"Yes David was told to dispatch a group last night." Steven frowned.

"Perhaps he was keeping it under wraps. Knowledge like that is best left unspoken."

The smile returned to Stevens' face, "Yes your right. I am sure I will hear from them tonight."

Laughter echoed down the hall telling Ian it was time to depart.

6

Mercedes walked into the Double Tree hotel, her tight black jeans and tight black T-shirt winning a few admirable looks from the guests in the lobby. Her long black hair hung down passed her shoulders to above the middle of her back. Her legs were tight and muscular as was her arms. She had a flush in her cheeks that suggested that she had already fed tonight.

She walked like a woman with a purpose and in fact, she was. Mercedes survived by acquiring things for various people. Things you could not find on the common or black market. She was a thief. She used her talents as a vampire as a way of life.

Mercedes was Old Clan Tzimice, a clan whose sole purpose was to eradicate the evil of what they called the Soul Eaters. Old Clan Tzimice was a noble clan with noble intentions. The Soul Eaters also had a clan, that clan is called Tzimice. Somewhat ironic, that the clan that they hated so much bore the same name as their own.