Cinderlove Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
allan8d8
allan8d8
11 Followers

"Leywis escorted him back home. We tried to convince him to come to the castle to find shelter and work, but he was very stubborn in his insistence that he would not require further assistance." Mikona answered with a hint of sadness in her voice.

Grazia grunted and stalked toward her bureau. She angrily pulled out her nightgown. "When will people start treating each other better? This is ridiculous! We have laws in place for such acts. Does he not know he can get assistance?"

"I pointed him in the direction of the castle, but he seemed adamant about not taking any more help." Mikona shrugged.

Grazia pursed her lips. She hated suffering, whether it be human or animal, she couldn't stand it. She always had to help. It drove her parents crazy and Leywis often teased that her endeavors would bankrupt the monarchy. It was one of many reasons why she didn't want to marry and didn't wish to rule. To be that tightly bound to someone that she might have no feelings for was a fate worse than death.

"I thank you for doing all you could. I wonder who it is that hurts him and yet he continues to go back there? Argh, this will make me crazy." She stopped speaking and turned to the door. "Mother's coming!" she hissed.

Mikona nodded and shooed Grazia into bed. "I'll take care of it." She opened the door and closed it behind her. "Goodnight, princess," she whispered. She turned around and held a finger up to her lips. "I was just saying goodnight to the princess, my queen. She has decided to be off to bed."

"I see. How convenient that my daughter finds time to fall asleep just as I arrive to speak to her." Liancie eyed the young woman before her. She knew that Mikona was protecting Grazia but this was one time she would not allow it. "Move, Mikona. Sleepy or not, I will be speaking with my daughter tonight."

Mikona bowed and stepped to the side. She tried, but there was only so much she could do when it was the queen. "Yes, my queen."

Liancie swept by Mikona and into the room. She turned on the light and clapped her hands. "Up, Grazia! You will not hide from me."

Grazia sat up and threw her mother her best sullen expression. "Mother, I'm exhausted, I need sleep."

"You can sleep after I've had my say. You are my only child and while I love you and your father both, I am ashamed of your lack of womanly skills. Beginning tomorrow you will spend your mornings with me and etiquette tutors and in the afternoon you can do as you wish. No more riding off or acting like a man. You are female and it is your duty to marry and produce heirs."

"But mother! I don't desire those things! There is more to life than waiting on a man hand and foot and producing babes!" Grazia protested.

Liancie frowned. "You WILL obey, Grazia, or I will have you whipped!"

Grazia gave a horrified gasp and gaped at her mother.

Mikona decided it would be best for her to intervene. "My queen, if I may, I would like to offer to make sure Grazia follows your orders and properly gets ready for the ball." Mikona said cautiously as she watched the queen's reaction.

Grazia was too stunned at her mother's threat to say anything else. She'd only been whipped once and that was a child when she'd hid and no one had been able to find her until well into night time. And then it was only because she had scared her mother and father so badly. It took a moment for Mikona's words to hit home and she gave her best friend a wounded look. How could her friend side with her mother?

Liancie glanced at Mikona and back to Grazia, her lips pressed in a thin hard line. And then she had an idea. "Very well, Mikona, but heed my words, both of you. If Grazia fails to make it to her lessons or is late, she will receive double the punishment, one for herself and one for you, Mikona."

"But, mother that's not fair!" Grazia wailed.

Mikona bowed. "Yes, my queen. I will make sure that she does attend her lessons and is on time."

"Grazia?"

Grazia threw her hands up. She knew when she was defeated. "Yes, mother, I will be with Mikona at lessons tomorrow."

Satisfied that she had things in order, Lianice smiled. "Good night then, my daughter. Good night Mikona. I will see you at nine sharp." She swept from the room.

Grazia turned and glared at Mikona. "Well, that went well," she snapped.

Mikona just smiled. "I think so too. I mean, you could have been whipped." She replied and reached over to turn out the lights.

"Good night, princess." Mikona said as she closed the door behind her.

allan8d8
allan8d8
11 Followers
12