City Of Dreams Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I pushed myself off the couch and headed down to my room to change. I threw on a pair of comfortable jeans and a black button down shirt over my wife beater. I didn't bother buttoning my shirt up. I grabbed a pair of sandals out my closet and slipped them on. I went back into the kitchen to pick up the list and head over to the grocery store that was a few blocks away. I found Gina and Bailey talking at the table over coffee and laughing.

"So this drag queen kept showing up for the next like 7 days in a row begging Miah to dance in her act. Miah can really move, but he didn't want all the attention."

"Gina, I see you wasted no time in talking about some of my embarrassing moments. You have no class!"

"Oh shut up bitch. You know you would be doing the same thing."

I grabbed the list off the fridge and my keys and wallet off of the counter.

"You two kids place nice and I will be back in a bit ok?"

"Yes dad!" They both exclaimed at the same time.

We all cracked up. I just shook my head and headed out the door.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Gina and Bailey were relaxing on the couches in the living room and enjoying each other's company.

"So Bailey, you got pretty lucky last night finding Miah at Diversity. You should be happy that our club is so popular." Gina said with a laugh.

"I know Gina. It was almost like a scene from a movie. I was pretty shocked."

"Which hotel are you staying out? We should send them a thank you card for referring you to the club." Gina added with a giggle, but had a twinkle in her eye.

Bailey looked at her for a moment. He really underestimated her, and it would be a mistake that he would not make again. That's for sure! What he needed to do know is find out how she figured everything out. Gina saw the emotions filter across Bailey's face and that was all the answer she needed.

"So Bailey, you want to talk about it? Before Miah gets back?"

"Why don't you tell me what you know, and I can fill in the blanks." Bailey had a smile on his face.

He was impressed that Miah had found such a good friend in Gina. He felt comfortable with her and he knew that she would understand.

"Well given the time I've had Bail I don't have much information. Though I do know that you aren't staying at any hotel in the city. I checked that out last night while you two were talking. And I also know that before you ordered your drink at the bar you were checking Miah out for about an hour beforehand. My guess is that he looks different from what you expected, and you weren't sure if it was him or not."

"What are you, Nancy Drew or something?" Bailey just had to laugh.

"You wanna know something Bail," Gina laughed and smiled. "You and Miah are really so much alike. He just said the same thing to me last night. So you want to fill in the blanks?"

"You were right about the hotel. I'm not staying anywhere. My car is still parked a few blocks away and it has all my stuff in it. And I did scan the bar for about an hour. I couldn't believe the change in Miah. He really looks so different. And I was afraid..."

Bailey paused for a moment. It was still difficult to deal with everything that had happened. Gina moved over to sit next to Bailey on the couch. She knew that he was a good person, and felt bad that he was in pain. She knew though that getting him to talk would make me feel better.

"Afraid of what Bailey?"

"I was afraid that he would have rejected me the way I rejected him back in high school. And I am not saying that I didn't deserve it because I think that I did. I was afraid of what the outcome may be. I went to a lot of trouble finding him and I didn't want all of that work to be for nothing."

"And what type of trouble would that be? How did you end up at Diversity?"

Bailey just grinned at her.

"Come on now. I expect you can figure that out."

Gina sat back and thought for a moment. A thought suddenly occurred to her. A huge grin lit up her face.

"You sneaky bastard. You hired someone to find him didn't you!"

"Once again you earn your Nancy Drew nickname!" Bailey said with a laugh "I tried to find Miah on my own, but I was running into a lot of problems. His father was of course no help whatsoever. I even tried looking on the Internet, but I am guessing the phone and everything is in your name. I ended up finding a P.O. box he used before, but that was it. And I knew that the city was way to huge for me to search for him. So I hired a local PI to search for me, and a few weeks ago he found him. It just took me some time to actually work up the courage to come. I decided to go to the club instead of coming here to the apartment. I thought at least at the club he couldn't slam the door in my face and lock me out, but was I wrong. I never knew him to have a temper like that man."

"So you didn't just end up at the club because you were looking for a man?"

"Well yes and no. I went there looking for a man. Miah. I wasn't going there to find some hot sex if that is what you were implying."

"And I guess you got lucky because you found me."

Gina and Bailey's head swung around to look at the front door. Miah was standing there holding a few bags of groceries. The look on his face was unreadable.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Miah!"

They both said my name at the same time.

"That's my name kids."

I kicked my sandals off and headed towards the kitchen to start to put the groceries away. I had heard pretty much all of the conversation they had on the couch. My brain was still processing all the information. I have to admit that I was kind of impressed that he went to all that trouble to find me. I pulled the carton of milk out of the bag and turned and opened up the fridge. As I was closing the fridge door I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. I wasn't sure at first who it was until I felt their chest press against my back. It was like having a soft brick wall to lean against. I felt Bailey place his head on my shoulder and I could feel his breath on my neck.

"How much of the conversation did you hear Miah?" Bailey half whispered in my ear.

I pulled gently away from Bailey and turned around to face him. His arms were still loosely around my waist. He wasn't holding me still, but was just letting me know that he was worried. I looked over his shoulder and I could see Gina hovering around in the background.

"Are you ashamed of what you did Bail?"

"No Miah I'm not."

"Were you going to tell me about it?"

"Yeah I was. I figured when we got a chance later to sit down and talk some more I would bring it up. Last night just didn't feel like the right time to do that."

You could hear in his voice that he was starting to get upset.

"Don't worry about it Bail. I'm actually kind of flattered that you would go to so much trouble to find me. No worries, okay?"

Bailey crushed me against his chest. I'd have to admit that was probably one of the best hugs I ever had.

"I got a question for you B. When did you get all touchy feely?" I said with a grin on my face.

"Are you complaining mister?"

"No, actually I'm not. It's just that..."

"Ignore him Bailey." Gina interrupted. "It's just been so long since a good looking guy was holding him. Miah doesn't know how to react."

"Aw poor little Gina." I smiled at her over Bailey's shoulder and tightened my arms around him. "I think someone's a bit jealous."

"What do I have to be jealous of? He's your friend. Besides he plays on my team ya big mo." Gina said with a wicked laugh.

"He's not my friend Gina." I felt Bailey tense up. I rubbed his back a little bit to soothe him. "He's one my best friends. No scratch that. He's my brother."

Gina's face broke out in a huge grin. I knew she understood what he meant to me.

"Ok boys. I am going to get dressed. Y'all better be ready by the time I am done. We're gonna show B some of the sights in the city today before we go partying tonight."

And with that she headed off down the hallway towards her room. Just as I started to pull away from Bailey I felt his body shudder a little bit. I looked at his face and could see tears silently running down face. I grabbed his face with both of my hands and started to wipe his tears away.

"B, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong Miah. I am just happy. I never thought we'd be friends again, and here I am standing in your apartment joking, laughing, and having a great time. I feel like a piece of my heart is back. You're finally a part of my life again Miah. I missed you so much."

He wrapped his arms around me again and buried his face in my neck. I rubbed my hands up and down his back.

"I'm glad you're back Bail. I was happy here in the city, but it always still felt a little empty. Now though everything feels right for the first time in a long time."

"You're the best friend I've ever had in my entire life Miah." He whispered into my neck. "I love you Jeremiah."

In all the years that I'd known him he had never said that to me. Tears welled up in my eyes, and it was my turn to cry. Bailey's head lifted and he looked into my eyes.

"Hey buddy, are ok you?"

I nodded my head.

"Why are you crying little man?"

He always did like to bring up the fact that I was about an inch and a half shorter then him.

"Nothing B. It's just that...." My voice broke off.

"It's just what Miah?"

"It's just that..." I looked deep into his deep green eyes. "No one has ever said that to me before."

His eyes widened in shock. He started shaking his head like he didn't believe me.

"Are you serious Miah?" He searched my eyes and could see that I was telling him the truth. "Oh Miah, I am so..."

I put my hand over his mouth to stop him from going on. He didn't need to say anything else. Just having him here and then hearing him say that was more than enough for me. I smiled up at him.

"I love you too Bailey."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A few hours later the three of us came from showing Bailey some of the sites of the city. Gina and I were fine, but I don't think Bailey was used to walking that much in his life.

"I can't believe you two evil bitches wouldn't let me get a cab to bring us back to the apartment. I am fucking exhausted."

Gina and I both giggled.

"Hey mister, just be lucky we let you ride the subway part of the way back. Honestly I never heard anyone whine so much in my life! Unless of course it's a few hours before a meal because then I have to deal with Gina bitchin."

Just as I said this Gina's head popped up from behind the kitchen counter with a donut sticking out of her mouth. Bailey and I laughed our asses off.

"You only had me ride the subway because you know that I was a bit scared of it. You two ditched me on the car and left me all by myself. I got stick sitting across from that guy that wouldn't stop rubbing myself and muttering something about Betty Crocker." Bailey said with a pouting puppy dogface.

I sat down next to Bailey on the couch and patted his leg.

"Aw is the poor little guy upset?"

The next thing I know Bailey grabbed me and pulled me down across his lap and started tickling me. I am one of the most ticklish people in the world I think, and the bastard knew that.

"Bailey stop tickling him! I don't want him pissing all over the couch."

I was barely able to understand what she was saying through the mouthful of donut she was screaming through.

"Shut up ya hungry bitch!" I said as she flipped me off.

Bailey had stopped tickling me at least. I moved over towards the other end of the couch and lit up a cigarette. He grinned at me.

"Why you moving down there? You scared?"

"Yes you fucking prick!" I said with a laugh.

I leaned my head back against the couch and tucked one my left leg under my right. It was my favorite position to relax in. I thought back to the afternoon. We did have a good time today in the city. Just then I felt something on my right leg. I opened my eyes and looked down to find that Bailey had stretched himself out along the couch and was using me for a pillow.

"Are you comfy B?" I said with a smile.

He turned his head up and looked at me.

"Yeah. I just wanted to lie down for a minute to get some energy for when Gina takes me out tonight, and I am just feeling too lazy to move to the other couch. Is this ok Miah?" He used that damn puppy dogface again.

"Sure. I don't feel like moving either."

Bailey grinned up at me and then turned his head back on its side. He pushed his one arm up under my leg to make himself more comfortable.

"Thanks bro." He mumbled. You could tell the boy was tired.

"No problem Bail."

After a few minutes he had dozed off. Gina walked into the living room carrying two glasses of soda and set one down next to me. She sat on the other couch and lit up a cigarette herself.

"What's up with sleeping beauty there? He all tuckered out from today?"

"Yeah. He needs to get some energy for the night on the town. Where do you plan on taking him tonight?"

"Well..." Gina thought for a minute. "I was going to just take him back down to Sity for the night, but since that is where you are meeting up with Jeff then I'll just take to a couple other clubs."

"Thanks Gina. I appreciate it. It's not that I don't want to hang with y'all tonight, but it is a first date. I just want things to go smoothly."

"I know Hun. That just means we will have to pump you for information later. And that can be just as fun." She said with that wicked laugh of hers.

"Things finally seem to be falling into place G. Everything seems right for once. So now if I can just find a man then I'll be set."

She gave me one of those classic Gina looks.

"I think you might have already found him Miah."

I looked at her with confusion.

"What are you talking about Gina?"

She pointed towards Bailey. I glanced down and realized that at some point I had started running my finger through his hair. I jerked my hand back, almost like it was on fire. As soon as I stopped though his face scrunched up a bit and he started getting restless. I sighed and started running my fingers gently through his hair again. He calmed down almost instantly and a small smile appeared on his face.

"Gina, he is one of my best friends. I do love him, but it's like the way you love a brother. And besides you lay with your head in my lap all the time and I play with your hair too."

Gina sighed and looked at me.

"Miah I didn't point at you running your fingers in his hair. I just pointed at him in general. You two have been friends forever and from what I've been able to see he's a really great guy. He's sweet too. And please let us not forget the fact that the man is fucking gorgeous!"

I looked down at Bailey to make sure he was still sleeping. This was definitely a conversation I didn't need him overhearing. I didn't want to make him uncomfortable. I had to admit though she was right. Not only was he an extremely sweet and funny guy, the man was fucking hot. He had those boy next-door looks and the charm to go along with them. You already know about that brilliant smile he flashes around, and he has the cutest dimples when he smiles. He would have fit in with any group of frat guys at any college in the flipping country. Bailey didn't shave this morning so he had a light five o'clock shadow on his face, but that made him even hotter.

"Miah..."

"Gina I know what you are going to say." I politely interrupted her. "You know I don't feel that way about him, but I get the feeling that you aren't going to let this go. So even if I were to go along with what you are saying, he's not gay. You heard him earlier today. He only went into Diversity because he knew I would be there, not because it's a gay bar. So it's a mute point either way you look at, even if he his my type of guy."

"Miah why should you settle for that 'type of guy' when you can have the real thing. He's right there in front of you."

"Gina!" I said loud as I could without waking Bailey up. I gave her a look.

"Ok Miah. I am sorry." Gina gave me an apologetic smile. "Just after everything that happened with that asshole Josh I just want you to find the perfect guy and be happy."

"I know Gina. It's ok. I just don't want you to get this idea stuck in your head. I just got Bailey back. I don't want to lose him again."

"I got it Miah." She gave me one of her beautiful smiles.

"Good." I gave her a smile back. "We better get sleeping beauty up. We all need to get ready to go out tonight."

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

By the time I quietly eased the apartment door open so I wouldn't wake anyone up. It was sometime after 4 a.m. and I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I was fucking exhausted. This had to be the longest night of fucking life. I eased the door shut and locked it. I tip toed down the hallway and quietly opened my bedroom door. I shut the door and leaned back against it with a sigh. Ever have one of those days where everything that can go wrong will go wrong? That's how my night went.

I eased off my pants and socks. I went into the bathroom and flipped the light. I stretched and looked into the mirror. Oh fuck do I look bad. There was a huge bruise along the left side of my face, and my bottom lip was split open. As I took my shirt off and used to wipe some of the blood of my chin I could feel a sharp pain in side. I guess I can add a few bruised ribs to my list of injuries. I tossed the shirt into the garbage can and shut the light off. I collapsed on my bed and practically passed out. Tomorrow had to be a better day.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I woke to the smell of coffee later in the morning. I started to stretch but immediately eased up once I felt the pain in my side. I remember all the drama from last night and just sighed. I pulled myself gently out of bed and threw on a clean pair of boxer briefs and put my black robe on. I tied it gently around my waist enough to cover my body. I opened the bedroom door and headed towards the kitchen. I could hear Bailey and Gina laughing.

"I can't believe that guy that hit on you last night Gina." I could hear Bailey's booming voice. "He had that blue mohawk and that huge bar through is nose. I thought you were going to shit your pants."

"It was even better when his twin brother came up and they were identical. Except for the fact that his twin's hair was purple and..."

Gina looked up and saw me as I came into the kitchen.

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU???"

Gina jumped out her chair knocking it down and ran over to me. Bailey head snapped around to look at me and then he was out of his seat as well. They both started talking at the same time.

"Jesus Christ Miah, what the fuck happened?"

"You look like you got your fucking face slammed against a wall"

I put my hand up to stop them both.

"Look guys, just let me get a cup of coffee and a smoke and I will explain everything ok?"

They both nodded, but followed me over to the coffee machine.

"I had a great evening with Jeff last night and we really seemed to click. He invited me back to his place to have a drink because it was really loud in the club last night. Since it was a nice night we decided to walk. On the way to his place there was this group of street rats walking down the other side of the street. They saw us walking together and started screaming shit like fag and homo. We just ignored them and kept on walking. The next thing I know I am grabbed from behind and was thrown to the ground. I yelled at Jeff to go and get help. There was like five of them and I knew there was no way the two of us could handle it. Luckily Jeff was able to find a cop car parked just around the corner. It was all over in less than two minutes. I'm just glad that all I got was some bruises and a busted lip. If that cop wouldn't have been so close it could have been worse."