City Of Dreams Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They both had tears in their eyes. Bailey leaned over and grabbed me in very tight hug. It hurt my ribs so bad I couldn't help but cry out in pain.

"Miah, what's wrong?" Concern was written all over his face.

Our eyes locked together and recognition dawned on his face. He reached over and pulled open my robe before I had to chance to stop him. I could hear Gina gasp and tears started falling down Bailey's face.

"What the fuck did they do to you?" Bailey managed to choke out.

I looked down and saw the damage. The entire right side of my body was covered in dark purple and black bruises. I had to admit that it did look a lot worse than it was, but last night I really wasn't in the state of mind to really look all that much at anything. The site of it just made me very dizzy and light headed. I almost passed out, but Bailey was there to catch me. He picked me up in his arms and started back towards my bedroom.

"Gina I am putting him back to bed."

"Good idea Bail. I will call Gen and cancel our plans tonight."

Oh shit. I forgot that we had plans to go out this new karaoke club with Gen tonight. I stopped Bailey for a second.

"Gina please don't cancel. After last night I really need to unwind. Besides it will be fun, and I think we all need some fun right now. Okay?"

She thought about it for a second and looked silently at Bailey.

"Ok Miah, but only if you go and get some more rest."

I smiled at her and Bailey continued his way back toward my room. Once he got into the room he set me back down on my feet and helped me get my robe off. I laid down on my left side with my back to the door and tried to get comfortable. After a moment I heard the door close quietly. I took a deep breath and tried to stop the tears that were quickly rising to the surface. Just before the tears started falling down my face I felt the bed move behind me.

I looked back to find Bailey sliding in under the covers behind me.

"You ok bro? I thought you might want some company."

"Thanks B." I took a breath. "I was so scared Bailey. I didn't know when it would stop."

I felt him move closer to me until his chest was pressed up against my back. He hadn't put a shirt on this morning and the warmth of his body helped to calm my shuddering body. He placed his arm gently over my waist.

"You're ok now. I got ya buddy. I'm here."

Hearing him say those words did me in. I couldn't stop the tears as they came streaming down my face.

"That's what..." I couldn't even talk.

"Miah what's wrong?"

"That's what you said to me that night in the car. I'm so glad you're here Bailey."

He face lit up with recognition. He pulled me closer to him and I felt his arms tighten a bit.

"How did you know that I said that? I thought you were out of it."

"Gina told me."

"How did she hear me?" Bailey's face was a mask of confusion. "I was barely even muttering those words to you. I didn't even know if you could hear me."

"Gina has got ears like a hawk. Too bad that's her only bird-like quality. She eats like a fucking horse."

I could feel Bailey's chest tighten while he tried to hold back his laughter. I couldn't help it and I started giggling.

"If you can crack jokes like that Miah I know you are going to be ok."

"I'll be ok now that you're here B." I put my arm over his and eased back into chest and relaxed. "I feel safe when you're around."

I felt myself drifting off into sleep when I felt his breath right next to my ear.

"You're ok now. I got ya buddy. I'm here. You're safe Miah."

Just as I felt myself finally giving into the exhaustion I felt his lips press against my neck just below my ear.

"I love you Miah."

"I love you too B." I mumbled as sleep finally overtook me.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Gina peeked her head in the bedroom to wake Miah up to make sure he still wanted to go to the club. And the sight that greeted her made her breath catch in her throat. She silently eased her way into the room. There was Miah and Bailey lying on the bed together. Bailey was on his back with Miah spread across his chest. Miah's head rested right underneath Bailey's chin. A smile spread across Gina's face.

'My God, they are beautiful together.' She thought.

She hated to wake Miah up, but based on their conversation before she felt that he wouldn't want Bailey to wake up and find their bodies entwined like this. She leaned over and very gently rubbed Miah's shoulder.

"Miah, wake up Hun." She whispered.

She saw his eyes open slowly. His body stretched and he looked up at her.

"Come on Miah. You have to get up. We are going to meet Gen in an hour or so. From what I can see from here I thought you'd want to be the first one up."

Miah looked confused for a second, but then realized that he was spooned up against Bailey. His eyes got wide for a second.

'Thank You' He mouthed to her.

Gina winked and walked out of the room. She slowly closed the door behind her and leaned against it.

'If you could only see how much you care about one another.' She thought with a sigh.

"Men." She muttered on her way to her room to get ready.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A few hours later I found myself at Sing!, one of the better karaoke clubs in town, with Gina and Bailey. I was having a really good time. Gen was running late, but luckily were we able to grab a table that would fit all four of us. Gina had gone up and sang 'Like A Virgin', which of course had Bailey and I in stitches. Bailey actually surprised me when he got up to sing. This surprised me for two reasons. First I was really surprised at the quality of his voice. I knew he had a rich baritone when he talked, but that carried over when he was singing. Second, he sang a song that he knew I really loved, Music Of The Heart. I have to say that it was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. Just as he was finishing up the song I caught sight of Jeff out of the corner of my eye. He was standing over by the bar. I had to catch Jeff before he came over to the table. I really needed to talk to him in private.

"G, I will be right back. Make sure no one tries to steal the chair from the table."

"Bailey is just finishing up. Aren't you going to wait for him to come back first? I mean that song was fucking awesome!"

"Jeff is over there Gina and I have to talk to him really quick."

She looked over towards the bar and saw him.

"Ah, I bet you need to let him know who Bailey is. This way he won't get jealous right?" She said with a smile.

"Right. I don't want there to be any trouble. Thanks G."

I stepped away from the table and made my way over towards the bar.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Bailey walked up to the table and was surprised to see Miah over at the bar chatting with some guy. He thought for sure that Miah would have been there to let him know about the song. He purposely picked it because Miah sang it to him the other night, but Miah was off drinking at the bar. Gina could see that Bailey looked a bit frustrated.

"Hey B, that was a great song buddy. You've got an awesome voice." She grinned and leaned over to high-five Bailey.

"Thanks Gina. Who is that guy Miah is talking to?"

Was Gina imagining it or was there a hint of jealousy in his voice.

'This night might end up be more interesting than I expected it to be.' She thought to herself.

"That's Jeff. That guy he went out with last night."

"Ok. I am gonna use the bathroom. I will be right back."

Gina watched Bailey walk off to the bathroom.

"What is going on in that head of yours mister?" She said to herself out loud.

"If you keep talking to yourself like that people are going to start talking G."

Gina turned around and saw Gen standing there.

"Well it's about time you got here bitch! You're lucky that your drink is still cold." She handed Gen the rum and coke they had ordered for her. "So how are you?"

"I am good G. Where are the guys?" Gen asked while scanning the crowd.

"Bailey just went off to the bathroom, and Miah is over there talking to that guy Jeff he went out with last night." She pointed Miah out at the bar, but his back was to them.

Gen looked to where Gina was pointing to see this guy she heard about. It was hard to tell what he looked like because Miah was standing right in front of him. She lucked out though and Jeff leaned back against the bar and she was able to get a good look at him. She recognized him, but she honestly wished she didn't.

"Gina, how many times has Miah gone out with Jeff?"

"They had their first date last night. Why?" Gina could see concern written all over Gen's face.

"You cannot let him go out with Jeff again. Ok?"

"Why Gen? What's the problem with Jeff?"

"Gina..." Genesis paused for a second.

"Gen tell me what is going on right now!"

"Gina...Jeff used to go out with my brother's friend."

"And let me guess Gen, Jeff cheated on him right?"

"No Gina. Jeff put him in the hospital. It seems that Jeff has a tendency to use his boyfriends for punching bags."

Gina was speechless. She didn't know what to say. She didn't even know what the fuck to think.

"Gina, are you ok?" Gen asked.

Gina was just about to answer her friend when Miah came back to the table.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hey Gen! It's good to see that you finally made it down here."

The two of them just stared at me.

"Hello?? What's the deal? Is my fly open or something?" I glanced down at my pants to make sure I was zipped up.

"Miah, what happened to your face?" Gen asked.

I could hear the concern in her voice. I can't wait until the bruising starts to go away.

"I was on a date last night and on the way back to his place we got jumped. It's really not as bad as it seems..."

"We know Miah." Gina interrupted me.

"You know what Gina?"

"Cut the crap Miah. Gen knows your buddy Jeff there. He put someone in the hospital before Miah because he beat him up so bad."

My face went completely white with shock. I didn't know what to say. I did not want them to know. I figured I would just cut my ties with Jeff, which I just did at the bar, and they wouldn't even have to know. It would figure that Gen, or someone else we knew would know Jeff.

"Miah you should have told us honey. There is nothing to be ashamed about." Gina started out with calmly, but moved right on to anger from there. "And if we would have known what happened we could have went out and broke the mother fucker's legs!"

This is what I wanted to avoid. Once it happened there was nothing more that I could do about it, and I just wanted to put it behind me. I knew that Gina would go for blood, and if Bailey's temper were anything like I remember it to be, then Jeff would end up in tiny little pieces. It suddenly felt very hot in the bar. There was only one thing that would turn this into a true disaster.

"Hey guys! What's with all the intense faces? What did I miss?"

Never mind. Once again I spoke too soon. Bailey was back.

He looked around the table and no one said a word.

"Come on guys. Lighten up! This is a karaoke bar." He was definitely trying to bring everyone's spirits up. "So Miah, what did you think of my song? I thought you might not have liked it...since you didn't really stick around when it was done."

I knew I had fucked up by not staying to thank him for the song. You could tell from his tone of voice he was a bit hurt. But it was either that or have Jeff end up at the table trying to apologize to me again. That's what he did for over an hour last night before I could get out of there.

"So how is Jeff?" Bailey innocently asked.

Setting a bomb off in the middle of the room wouldn't have had as much reaction as that question did.

"FUCK THAT ASSHOLE! If I ever find him on the street I am gonna rip his balls off with my bare hands and shove them down his fucking throat that piece of shit mother fucking bastard."

Gina's voice got louder and louder. People from other tables started to look over to see what was going on. I had to get this under control quick.

"Gina...you have to settle down...please...you are causing a scene."

"Fuck settling down Miah! He can't get away with what he did to you! He needs to fucking pay!"

Bailey's head was bouncing back and forth between Gina and I. You would have thought he was watching a tennis match.

"What is going on here?!? Someone please let me in on this. What did he do to you Miah?"

The look of concern on his face cut me like a knife.

"Bailey...I...He....I can't."

I took off through the crowd, fighting my way to the door. I couldn't breath I had to get out of here. I was greeted by the sound of crashing thunder as I burst through the doors of the club. Oh just fucking great! Is there anything else that could go wrong tonight???

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Gina, what the fucking is going on? Why is Miah so upset?"

"Bailey, Miah wasn't jumped last night."

"WHAT?!"

Bailey's voice was so loud and so full of rage it frightened Gina.

'This is why Miah didn't tell us. He knew how I would react, and he must have remembered that Bailey has a similar temper.' Gina thought to herself.

"Jeff...Jeff beat him up Bailey."

"Where is he?? I will KILL the mother fucker!"

Bailey's head snapped around scanning the club for any sign of that dirty piece of shit.

'How could anyone do this Miah? Why didn't he tell me?' Bailey thought.

"I've got to go find Miah. I need to talk to him."

Bailey started towards the door, but Gina stopped him.

"Bail wait a second. Miah is probably on his way back to the apartment right now. He will most likely head up the roof. He goes there a lot when he's down, and I am pretty sure that's where you will find him. You HAVE to find him and talk to him."

Bailey could hear the pleading tone in Gina's voice. He grabbed her and gave her a quick hug.

"Don't worry G. I'll take care of it. I will find him and talk to him. Everything will be ok."

Gina watched as Bailey took off out the bar.

"Gina, do you think we should go with him?" Gen asked.

"Let's finish our drinks and then head back to your place Gen. Don't worry about Miah. Bailey will take care of it."

'Please God let Bailey get through to Miah.' Gina thought as she lit up a cigarette.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I stood on the rooftop of our building and started out at the NYC skyline. I barely noticed that rain that was pouring down around me. It didn't matter either way. If my face weren't wet from the rain, then it would have been from the tears pouring down my face. I could hear music playing in the distance from someone who was crazy enough to leave their window open. They had on one of the local rock stations.

Why did I ever go out with Jeff? God, what a mistake that was, but how was I to know that he would turn out to be such a loon? He was all sweet and nice one second, and then when he found out I wasn't having sex on the first date he lost his flippin mind. I tried to stop him, but I couldn't. He took me completely by surprise.

I heard the roof to the door bang open and I spun around.

"Miah!"

Bailey came rushing towards me, but stopped when he was a few feet away.

"Why are you standing out here in the pouring down rain?"

"I just had to get away and think. I couldn't deal with all the drama that was going on. I had to get away."

From the look on his face you would have thought I slapped him.

"You mean get away from me. That's what you mean isn't it? Because the three of you were talking about until I showed up and then when I got there everyone got quiet. Why Miah Why?"

"Bailey I didn't leave the club to get away from you." I stepped towards him, but he took a step back. "I left because I didn't want anyone to find out, and having everyone questioning me and staring at me, it just made me very uncomfortable."

"Why didn't you tell me Miah?"

I could hear the pain in his voice.

"I was embarrassed Bailey. How many times did I go running to you after my dad beat my ass? I feel like all I ever do is run to you with my problems. You have always been the strong one, and I wanted to try to be the strong one for myself this time."

"Miah, going to someone to talk to, or asking someone for help is not a sign of weakness. In fact it shows a sign of your strength. You've gone through so much Miah, and the only way you could have done that is if you had a great deal of strength. That's one of the things I love most about you. No matter what happens you are able to get through it."

"I do get through things Bailey, but I am always doing it alone. I am tired of being alone. Why is it that every guy I meet turns out to be some type of fucking lunatic or he sleeps with every person with a dick behind my back? What's wrong with me?"

"There is nothing wrong with you Miah. Fuck those assholes if they can't see what they are missing. You are a beautiful person Miah, inside and out. One of these days someone is going to see how special you are and he's going to snatch you up and never let you go."

I pushed back the hair that was plastered all over my face. It didn't seem like the rain was ever going to stop tonight.

"Well...I don't think that's ever going to happen Bailey. You might just be the only one to think that about me, and I really appreciate you saying those things..."

"I can hear the 'but' coming Miah, so let me just ask it for you." Bailey stepped closer to me and looked me right in the eyes. "You appreciate what I said, but what?"

My mouth moved, but I couldn't find the words. I just stared into his eyes trying to come up with something to say.

"Damn it Miah, BUT WHAT?"

"Why is it that every time you have someone say things like that it has to be from someone you can't have?"

The words were no sooner out of my mouth and I wanted to take them right back. I looked away and bit on my bottom lip. FUCK.

"What do you mean Miah?"

"Nothing, it was nothing..."

"Bullshit. I don't believe you. Damn it Miah talk to me!" I could see the pleading in his eyes and I couldn't stop myself.

"I love you Bailey."

"I know Miah, I love you too..."

"No Bailey. That's not what I meant."

His face became very serious. As I began to speak again I could still hear the music playing from someone's apartment. One my favorite songs, Iris, had begun to play.

"Bailey, I don't just love you. I am IN love with you. I've been in love with you ever since we were little. I just don't think I realized it then. That's why it hurt so much when weren't friends anymore, and that's why it fucking hurts so much now. I love you and I still can't fucking have you."

"Miah...who said you couldn't?"

Bailey stepped towards me and I could hear the words of the song echoing through the dark sky.

And I'd give up forever to touch you

Cause I know that you feel me somehow

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

And I don't wanna go home right now

"Bailey what are you talking about?"

Bailey didn't say a word. His hand reached out and ran gently down the side of my face. The tears started running down my face again, and I could see tears building up in Bailey's eyes as well. I felt his arm wrap around my waist and he pulled me up against his wet, rain soaked body. I looked into his eyes and I had a thousand questions on the tip of my tongue, but before I could say anything his head started to lean down towards mine. Oh please God don't let this be another one of his twisted jokes. My eyes closed and I felt his soft, wet lips press against mine.

My lips opened just a little bit and I felt his tongue ease it's way into my mouth. My entire body exploded in pleasure. I slide my tongue out into his hot, eager mouth. I wrapped my arm around him and ran my other hand through his hair the back of his head. I could feel the hunger and need in Bailey as we kissed. He needs this just as badly as I did. I have never experience a kiss like this in my life. I swear I was seeing fucking fireworks! I felt his hand run down my back and onto my ass. He squeezed firmly and pulled me even closer if that was possible. My body arched against his and I moaned.