City Slicker Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Watching my grandfather affix his signature to the documents made me feel uneasy. I hoped he wasn’t going through all these legalities in an effort to hide something from me. The ranch was very profitable and stable financially. My grandfather’s health matters were another story. Keeping both in good order were my utmost concern.

Stopping for lunch in Canon City on the way back to the ranch, I noticed my grandfather seemed a lot more relaxed and contented. He wasn’t giving me hell about my writing or making comments about my supposed relationship with his ranch foreman.

“I’m glad you’re taking over the ranch.” He mumbled while we ate. “It’s a big load off my mind knowing you’re in control. I know you’ll continue to improve the operations.”

“Is all this your way of telling me you’re health has declined considerably?” I questioned. “If it is, I want to know exactly what’s wrong.”

“My health’s not the best.” J.D. replied. “I won’t try and kid you about that. I’d just like to prolong the year’s I’ve got left.”

“Does that mean you’re not going to question my decisions?” I inquired.

“I may question your decisions.” He answered. “I just won’t argue about them.”

Wheeling the Suburban into the driveway at the ranch, I spotted a sheriff’s car sitting next to the house. At first, I was alarmed, fearing something had happened.

“Must be Juanita’s husband.” J.D. remarked. “Probably stopping by for something to eat.”

Entering the house, we heard women’s voices coming from the kitchen, Katy Weston’s and Juanita’s.

“Hey J.D.!” Katy greeted, giving my grandfather a hug. “How’s my favorite rancher?”

“Retired!” My grandfather exclaimed. “Gonna swing a golf club from now on!”

“What? Retired! No way!” Katy shouted.

“Yep! Michelle’s taking over the ranch.” J.D. explained. “I’ll just be keeping an eye on things from time to time.”

“Well, congratulations.” She asserted, giving me a smile. “Michelle’s the reason I stopped by.”

“Just thought you’d like to know, those three men copped a plea bargain for the cattle thefts and drug charges.” Katy stated. “They gave us the name of the slaughter house where they were selling the stolen cows along with details about their drug supplier’s operation.”

“It was quite a bust, two in one night!” She added. “With elections coming up in November, it’ll be a real boost to my campaign!”

“It’s a relief knowing our cattle are safe.” J.D. commented. “Those bastards took a lot of prime beef off the Lazy K.”

After Katy left in her patrol car, I spent the balance of the afternoon in the office.

“You going with Cody to the calf sale tomorrow in Pueblo?” My grandfather inquired, reclining in his favorite chair.

“Yep, sure am.” I replied. “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

“Well, don’t dress too fancy.” He commented, clicking on the tv with the remote control. “It’s a stockyard not a formal affair.”

“You trying to tell me something?” I asked, grinning.

“Me! No!” He muttered. “I wouldn’t think of trying to tell you anything.”

Cody joined us for dinner that evening. The three of us sat in the office afterwards, sipping coffee and discussing the ranching operations.

“Once we get these additional calves purchased, we need to concentrate on expanding our horse operations.” I asserted.

“We’re not using any of the stalls in the one barn, only half in the other one.” Cody stated.

“That’s thirty stalls we’ve got open.”

“I thought about boarding horses at one time.” My grandfather chimed in. “That’s the reason I built the two barns.”

“That’s an idea but I’d prefer to have a boarding stable somewhere other than here.” I remarked. “I don’t want a lot of traffic in and out past the house.”

“That would involve building another barn though.” J.D. affirmed.

“Not just another barn.” I countered. “I’m talking more than just building a boarding complex.”

“What about building a complex where people can bring their campers and motorhomes as well as their horses?” I suggested. “We could set up a campground with full hookups. People are gonna want all the amenities and conveniences. But, I’m sure they’d be willing to pay the price.”

“Sounds more like a resort than a boarding stable!” Cody exclaimed.

“It’ll be both.” I declared. “We’ll build two barns, enough to house forty horses. We’ll need a large corral to contain the overflow of horses during the summer.”

“Any idea how much this idea of yours would cost?” My grandfather inquired.

“Not a clue but I’ll get some estimates on construction costs.” I replied. “I’ll also work up some figures to give us an idea on the return on our investment.”

“What about the location?” Cody asked.

“How about the north-south county road that borders the ranch to the west.” I responded. “North of the intersection where we caught the cattle rustlers would be perfect. The ranch borders the government land. That would give people more area to ride.”


“Damn! I’m getting to like this idea of yours!” My grandfather exclaimed. “But we’re gettin’ away from the horse operation I was thinking about. I was thinking more along the lines of buying and selling as well as breeding our own horses.”

“I know! I know!” I stated. “That’s something we’ll work on first. The boarding operation is secondary since it’s too late in the year to do anything now.”

“What kind of horses are we talking about, J.D.?” Cody asked. “Trail horses, cuttin’ horses, cow horses?”

“Those and team penners and pleasure horses.” My grandfather answered.

“Don’t forget Appaloosas and Paints.” I chimed in. “I love them.”

“Better build another barn if we’re gonna have all them horses here on the Lazy K.” J.D. kidded, kicking back in his recliner.

“If we need another barn, we’ll have one built.” I declared. “We’ll have to wait and see first.”

The rest of the evening, while J.D. and Cody watched a western on tv, I worked a little on my book. It was almost 10:00 when the movie ended.

“I’m heading for the ole’ bunkhouse.” Cody remarked, rising from his chair. “We’ll need to leave for Pueblo around 7am.”

“I’ll be ready.” I asserted.

“You wanna walk with me down to my trailer?” Cody asked.

“Why? Afraid you might get lost on the way?” I quipped, grinning.

“No. I just thought you might want to get some fresh air.” He replied.

“Breakfast is at 6am.” J.D. declared. “Don’t forget.”

“I won’t forget, Grandpa.” I retorted, stepping out onto the patio. “I’ll be there.”

“You think your grandfather suspects anything?” Cody asked as we walked down the hill towards his trailer.

“He knows something went on between the two of us the other night.” I answered. “He noticed my bed hadn’t been slept in.”

“So.....he doesn’t have any objection then?” Cody assumed with a smile.

“Well, he’s sure not giving us his blessing, if that’s what you’re thinking.” I asserted. “He’s certainly not a believer in casual sex.”

“I thought what we had was more than just casual sex.” The cowboy stated. “I thought it meant something more. At least for me, it did.”

I wasn’t sure exactly what he meant but I was afraid to ask. Surely he wasn’t thinking seriously about our relationship. Walking slowly towards the trailer gave me a few minutes to think of something to say, if I had to.

Cody opened the door to his travel trailer, motioning for me to enter. I glanced back at the house to see if my grandfather might be watching.

“I better not.” I mumbled. “I don’t want to upset J.D.”

My refusal didn’t set well with Cody. It was clear, by the look on his handsome face, that he wasn’t happy with my decision.

“Well, he surely won’t object if I kiss you goodnight!” He muttered, leaning into to me.

I barely had a chance to moisten my lips before the cowboy pressed his against them. Our tender kiss was soft and very prolonged. I could feel myself melting into Cody’s arms as we embraced. Thoughts of spending the night with him, despite my grandfather’s objections, passed through my mind.

“That was some goodnight kiss.” Cody murmured when our lips finally parted. “I could kiss you all night long.”

“I know.” I whispered. “We’ll get our chance. Just not when my grandfather’s around.”

After giving Cody a brief kiss, I strolled back up towards the house. I briefly looked over my shoulder with the thought of going back but I didn’t.

“I didn’t expect you back.” J.D. remarked when I entered the office through the french doors.

“That was some kiss he gave you.” He added, suppressing a grin.

“Didn’t realize you were watching us.” I responded. “I couldn’t very well just shake hands with him.”

“Michelle, you’re a grown woman.” My grandfather declared. “What you do is your own business, not mine. I just don’t want anything going on in my house is all.”

“I’m gonna grab a shower and get some sleep.” I stated. “I’ll see you at breakfast in the morning.”

After showering and toweling myself dry, I headed across the hallway to my bedroom. I noticed the lights and television were turned off in the office. I suspected my grandfather had decided to go to bed since the rest of the house was dark.

After slipping into a shorty sleeper and my sneakers, I grabbed my cigarettes and lighter. I crept through the house, deciding to leave through the kitchen. As I stepped into the darkened kitchen I didn’t notice my grandfather drinking a beer, standing next to the refrigerator. Just as I reached the back door, I realized I wasn’t alone.

“Going somewhere?” He questioned.

“I’m going down to see Cody.” I boldly replied.

“Don’t forget breakfast is at 6:00.” He joked.

“How could I ever forget.” I responded. “You keep reminding me.”

Closing the door securely behind me, I walked briskly down the hill. The chilly evening air did nothing to cool my sexual desires. My nipples, taunted by the coolness of the evening, were growing hard and erect.

Entering Cody’s trailer, I heard the shower running. I set my cigarettes and lighter down on the counter after lighting one up. Pouring a beer into two glasses, I waited patiently for the cowboy to exit the bathroom.

Cody stepped out of the bathroom, toweling himself dry. He was quite stunned seeing me standing there. His first instinct was to wrap the towel around himself.

“How about a cold one?” I offered, handing him a glass of beer.

“Like your outfit.” He muttered. “Love what’s in it.”

“Thanks. Thought I’d wear it to the cattle sale tomorrow.” I kidded.

Catching Cody off-guard, I pulled the towel loose from around his waist. His halfhearted attempt to stop me was unsuccessful. I reached for his cock, stroking the hardening shaft with one hand.

“Better be careful.” Cody warned. “It just might go off.”

“I’m counting on it.” I muttered with a big grin. “And, more than once too.”

Placing his empty glass on the counter, he pulled me into his strong embrace. Our lips crushed together in a heated, passionate kiss. I snaked my tongue between his lips, swirling it maddeningly inside his mouth. I almost had him choking as I flicked it like a serpent.

“That’s some tongue you’ve got.” Cody murmured when our lips finally parted.

“Wait’ll you see what I can do with it.” I quipped.

Getting Cody into the bedroom wasn’t a problem. Letting me assume the part of the aggressor was a different story. I wanted to suck his hard cock and taste his hot cum.

Pulling the top of my shorty sleeper off over my head, I tossed it aside. Cody lie on the bed, looking up at me, his delicious cock protruding straight up. Climbing onto the bed, I grasped his erect manhood near its base. I teased the head of his cock with the tip of my tongue, applying a light film of saliva to the bulbous flesh. My hand brushed lightly up and down his cock, stimulating the cowboy even more. Cody was very relaxed, letting me take control of him. Slipping the head of his beautiful cock between my lips, I lowered my mouth down over the shaft.

“Ohhhhh Godddddddd!” Cody cried out. “Michelle....Ohhhhhh.”

Tightening my lips around his throbbing cock, I pumped my mouth up and down on it, slow at first then hard and fast. Cody’s fingers grasped the sheets and his leg muscles tensed. I rubbed his legs, still pumping my mouth up and down on his thick, hard shaft. My tongue swirled over the taut flesh, teasing and taunting my lover.

Cody began to quiver beneath me. I sensed he was nearing ejaculating. I slowed my oral stimulation of his cock to a slow and steady rhythm. His body started to relax, letting himself enjoy the sensations.

I kept sucking on Cody’s cock, intentionally making loud slurping sounds as I coated his dick with thick saliva. My hand rubbed over his balls, feeling the heat permeating from them. I wanted his cum even more! I pumped my mouth up and down on his cock, gently massaging his balls at the same time. Cody’s body tensed suddenly as he shot his hot load into my mouth. His hand grasped my shoulder, trying to pull me back but I wasn’t about to let a drop of his cum escape my lips.

“MICHELLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.” Cody cried out as the hot cream flooded into my mouth.

I sucked his cock harder, forcing every drop of cum from his throbbing cock. His butt arched up off the bed, almost throwing me off. I grasped his legs to hold on to him. The last drops of his cum flowed onto my tongue as his body went totally limp.

Only the sound of Cody’s heavy breathing filled the small bedroom. His chest was heaving, trying to regain his breath. Sliding my tongue up and down the full length of his shaft, I let him relax beneath me.

My hands brushed lightly over his muscled chest, soothing his tensions. Cody’s eyes were barely open but his face displayed a contented smile. My hands massaged gently down over his body, easing the tensions in his legs.

“I take it that wasn’t your first time doing that?” Cody commented.

“Nope. Won’t be the last time either.” I smarted off.

“So.....how many guys have you been with?” He asked. “Or would you rather not say?”

“Not that many.” I answered. “None except you since my divorce.”

“Why?” I questioned. “Is it important to you?”

“No. I was just curious.” Cody replied. “You seem a little aggressive is all.”

“Aggressive?” I questioned, not fully understanding what he was getting at.

“Yeah. Like maybe you’re taking this boss lady thing a step too far.” He remarked. “When it comes to sex, I’m used to being in charge.”

“Well.....excuse me!” I exclaimed, growing angry. “I thought sex was something shared equally. I didn’t realize the man had to be in charge, as you put it.”

Cody jumped off the bed, scurrying off to the bathroom. It was obvious he was upset with me. But, not as upset as I was with him! Grabbing the top to my shorty sleeper, I quickly put it on. I passed Cody as he was coming out of the bathroom.

“Now what’re you doin’?” He shouted.

“I’m leaving.” I shouted back. “What did you expect me to do, stay here and listen to your bullshit?”

“Remember, I’m the boss lady!” I exclaimed. “I can damn well do as I please! So get used to it or move on!”

Slamming the door on Cody’s camper, I stormed back up to the house. It was starting to rain, hard enough that I was soaked by the time I reached the back door. I half expected Cody to come running after me to apologize for his behavior but it wasn’t to be. I found it difficult to sleep that night, thinking about Cody.

The following morning at breakfast, Cody and I did our best to ignore each other. My grandfather was too busy chatting with the ranch-hands to notice. After Cody reviewed the day’s work schedule with the men, he and I set out for the calf sale in Pueblo.

We rode along without speaking to each other for most of the drive.

“We need to talk.” Cody remarked, breaking the silence. “I shouldn’t have said what I did last night.”

“Maybe it’s a good thing that you did.” I responded. “At least now I know what you’re really thinking.”

“You’re still upset, I take it.” He surmised.

“No. I got over being upset.” I stated. “I’m just going to let it pass.”

“So.....we’re still a couple then?” Cody presumed. “That’s a relief.”

“Cody, we were never a couple.” I asserted. “And.....we’re never going to be a couple either.”

“Our relationship is going to be kept on a strictly professional basis from now on.” I added with a stern look on my face. “You’re the ranch foreman and I’m the boss lady. Keep that in mind and we’ll get along just fine.”

“Geez! What a........!” Cody muttered, catching himself.

“Bitch!” I affirmed, finishing his comment. “Only by creation, not by choice.”

The sale at the fairgrounds proved worthwhile. By the middle of the afternoon, I’d purchased seventy-five spring calves, all Angus, from three different breeders. After making arrangements for delivery, Cody and I headed back to the ranch.

“You seem to have acquired an eye for cows.” Cody commented. “But how come you didn’t buy any Herford or Polled Herfords?”

“There’s a better profit margin on Angus beef.” I replied. “I’ve been checking the latest beef prices on the Chicago market report the past few mornings. That, along with market predictions, proves Angus beef to be the better investment.”

“If Angus beef is what people want, Angus beef is what we’ll raise.” I declared. “They’ll just have to pay the price.”

I looked over at Cody, figuring he was going to say something in rebuttal. Instead, he seemed to be letting my statements sink in. He didn’t ask any more questions and I didn’t offer any more statements.

It was late afternoon when we drove onto the Lazy K. Pulling up to the house, I jumped out of the truck, dragging my purse along with me.

“See you at dinner.....or breakfast.” I remarked, slamming the door shut.

I found my grandfather taking a nap, snoozing soundly in the recliner in his office. I set my purse down gently on the desk, being careful not to awaken him. Picking up the remote, I lowered the volume on the television.

Much to my surprise, Cody came up to the house for dinner. As usual, Juanita had prepared a delicious meal for us. All I had to do was put it in the microwave to heat it up, then serve it.

J.D. seemed quite pleased with my purchase decisions. He asked several questions similar to Cody’s. I gave him the same sound reasoning that I’d mentioned to Cody earlier.

“Damn ranching’s gettin’ to be more like running a corporation.” My grandfather remarked, disgruntled. “Used to be, you operated by the seat of your pants and conducted business with a handshake.”

“Well, those days are long over.” I affirmed. “Nowadays it’s extensive research, computerized operating systems and documentation of all transactions.”

“You can bet your ass, John Wayne would never have operated this way!” J.D. exclaimed, grinning.

“Well, if John Wayne were alive, I’d sure as hell try to hire him.” I jested. “We could use the promotional benefits of having him around.”

“Why not use your name for promotional benefits?” Cody seriously suggested. “I’m sure a lot of people would buy horses from us if they knew Michelle Gray were tied into the ranch.”

“The Lazy K can stand on its name alone.” I replied. “Besides, some people don’t particularly care for my writing. It could prove more detrimental than promotional.”

After dinner, I worked on my book. My grandfather and Cody sat out on the patio, enjoying the cool evening air. The book was still flowing through my mind onto the keyboard. I completed one chapter, immediately starting on another. It was a little after 10:30 when my grandfather re-entered the house.

“I’m going to bed, Hon.” J.D. muttered, giving my arm a light squeeze. “Don’t stay up too late.”

“I won’t, Grandpa.” I responded. “I’m going to bed shortly, myself.”

An hour later I sauntered off to bed to catch up on the sleep I’d missed the night before. I slept soundly, not being wakened by the thunderstorm that passed through sometime during the night.