City Slicker Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“Michelle! You still there?” Wade asked, breaking our silence. “Are you all right?”

“Yes. I’m.....all right.” I stammered.

“I thought maybe you’d hung up on me.” He mumbled.

“Do you really love me?” I asked. “Are you really sure?”

“Yes, I’m really sure.” Wade answered. “I love you more than anything. Being so far apart is tearing me up.”

“I’m gonna catch a plane and fly up there right away.” He affirmed. “I want to hold you in my arms.”

“Wade! Just hold on a minute!” I exclaimed. “Don’t go off half-cocked!”

“Let’s talk about this calmly.” I spoke softly. “We can work this out over the phone.”

“Let’s get married!” Wade suggested in a raised voice. “Let’s fly up to Vegas and get married right away!”

“I said calmly, not irresponsibly.” I asserted. “We can’t just up and get married without discussing things. A lot of things!”

“How about we get engaged?” I suggested. “That’ll give us time to work things out and see about being together all the time, not just the weekends or whenever.”

“Will you marry me, Michelle?” Wade asked.

“Of course I’ll marry you.” I answered. “I’d be a fool not too. But, we’ve got to work things out first.”

“Wade, I love you.” I affirmed. “I should have told you that yesterday when we were together.”

“How about I pick up an engagement ring and fly up there so I can put it on your finger?” Wade proposed.

“How about I fly down there so we can pick out a ring together?” I countered. “I’ll see how soon I can catch a flight from Pueblo.”

After agreeing to call Wade with my flight number and arrival time, we spoke words of intimacy, professing our love for each other. Neither of us wanted to end our phone conversation but I had a lot of things to get done.

Luck was on my side as I was able to book a 1:15 commuter flight for that afternoon. Departing from the airport in Pueblo, it would get me into Dallas at 3:30. After calling Wade with the information, I set about packing a few things for the overnight trip.

I was just about finished when my grandfather and Juanita returned from their shopping.

“I saw a motorhome at a dealership in Canon City that would be perfect for us.” My grandfather commented. “How about we go take a look at it after I help Juanita put the groceries away?” “I can’t go today, Grandpa.” I replied. “How about the day after tomorrow?”

“Ok. I can wait if you want.” J.D. responded, sounding a little dejected. “It doesn’t have to be today.”

“I’ve got a 1:15 flight to catch for Dallas.” I asserted, grinning.

“Wade? Wade called?” J.D. asked, quite stunned.

“Yeah. Wade called.” I answered. “He told me he loved me and asked me to marry him.”

“HOLY COW, Michelle! You can’t marry him!” My grandfather shouted. “I absolutely forbid it!”

“Forbid it!” I exclaimed. “What the hell do you mean, forbid it?”

“You cannot marry Wade Garrett without getting him to sign a prenuptial agreement first.” J.D. declared. “It’ll ruin everything if you don’t.”

“We’re just getting engaged for now.” I stated. “We’re not going to get married till we work things out.”

“Ok. I’ll allow you to do that. But that’s all I go along with.” My grandfather affirmed. “We need to sit down and talk with my attorneys as soon as you get back from Dallas.”

“Ok! Ok! We’ll sit down and talk with your attorneys when I get back.” I agreed. “I promise I won’t do anything stupid.”

Grabbing my overnighter and purse, I rushed out the door. J.D. was right on my tail.

“You really love this guy, huh?” He asked.

“Yeah. I really do love Wade.” I replied. “I know in my heart he’s the one man I truly love.”

Arriving at the airport in Pueblo, I nervously paced the waiting area. My flight was still on schedule. It was just that I couldn’t wait!

Once I was seated on the plane, I started to calm down some. The flight was smooth but it seemed like we were never going to get to Dallas. I kept looking out the window, trying to figure out where we were.

“You seem a little nervous.” The woman sitting next to me remarked. “Does flying scare you?”

She looked like she was somewhere in her fifties but I wasn’t sure. Her tailored suit led me to believe she might be a businesswoman.

“Oh no. Flying doesn’t bother me.” I answered. “I’m just anxious to get to Dallas.”

“Bet there’s someone waiting for you when you get there.” She surmised with a grin. “A lover perhaps.”

“My fiancée.” I replied. “He called me this morning and asked me to marry him.”

“How long have you known each other?” She inquired.

“Two days.” I mumbled. “Bet it sounds really dumb, doesn’t it?”

“Not really.” The woman responded with a laugh. “I met my husband at a friend’s wedding. I guess we got caught up in all the excitement. Flew to Vegas that night and got married.”

“Really!” I exclaimed. “Are you two still married?”

“Thirty-one years next month.” She replied. “I couldn’t be happier.”

“Course, the Viagra really helps too.” She murmured in my ear.

“I’ll have to remember that.” I whispered back.

Our conversation seemed to wile away the time. Before long, we were touching down in Dallas.

“Good luck, Hon!” The woman asserted as we walked the narrow hallway into the terminal. “Don’t let your love for this guy falter."