Claimed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dragontatto
dragontatto
1,215 Followers

"Actually, I'm closer to three eighty but yes I am."

"Relax, Ry-lin. He'll be in complete control of his tiger. Won't you, Daniel? As the Protector you're always in control." She readied a fresh needle and thread. His words from earlier now make sense. A true protector of a pack is a truly scary thing, complete control, savagery and protectiveness in one package. God, I'm glad I'm taking the other back. The only thing worse than the protector is the Alpha of the pack.

A shimmer flowed over Daniel's body as the change over took him. He gracefully moved over towards her, his gait just a bit off from the self-inflicted wound.

"Lay down on your side, Daniel. It'll be easier to stitch if you're not putting any weight on it."

He rolled to his side without protest. The only sign he felt her stitching was the sudden intake of breath before he relaxed. Finishing quickly, she also gave him a shot of antibiotics as an extra precaution.

After cleaning up the mess and making sure Daniel was comfortable, she helped Ry-lin dress Gregory in his brother's clothing. Keeping her eyes diverted she managed to keep her touch impersonal. Deep inside her she could feel her tigress moving closer to the surface. Gregory's earlier words had awakened her hybrid and she wanted to come out and play with the tiger who'd claimed her. Sheer willpower had been the only thing keeping her from shifting in the hallway when he'd pinned her to the ground. The need had eased once he'd shifted into his human form and needed her medical attention. How the hell am I going to resist him when he's awake? Perhaps he won't remember.

"Keep telling yourself that, Shu but the one thing my brother does have, is a mind like a steel trap. When he decides he wants something, he takes it." Daniel's calm voice filled her head. "That's why he's the next alpha."

"Wonderful." Her sarcasm has him chuckling.

* * * *

Once back at the hotel, Shu helped Ry-lin carry Gregory in. Settling him on the queen sized bed in the middle of the room, didn't take much time nor did undressing him. The body difference in between him and Daniel had them holding the pants up for Gregory as they carried him. The moment they let go they dropped and pooled around his feet. Amazing that their cats are similar but their bodies are so different.

"Will you be okay, Shu? I can stay if you like." Ry-lin placed the folded clothing on the small stand next to the bed.

"Go home to your mate, Ry-lin. You've done enough today. The day I can't handle a cat is the day I hang up my medical bag and go back to my pack and become the beta."

"I don't understand your pack, Shu. Why do they treat you so?"

When she just shook her head, he placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You can't let them to continue to affect you this way. What will you do when they've scarred you until you've come to the point you won't shift? Or has it already happened? In all the years I've known you, I've never once seen you in your base form."

"I've a very good reason for not shifting in front of other shifters, Ry-lin."

"Times are changing as our kind travel greater distances. Surely there is a pack out there which will accept you."

She knew he was trying to be kind but she just didn't think she could handle another rejection. She knew the only way she'd ever be accepted into another pack would be as a mate. "Let me show you something. Peeling back the edge of her top from her shoulder, she exposed the long furrows on her shoulder. "This is what happened the last time I changed into my base form in front of other shifters. In my base form I'm damn near four hundred pounds of tigress...if you could call me that. My father's jaguar blood is stamped all over me. If any zoo or human saw me, I'd be either locked in a cage or made into a rug for some one's floor. Thanks but no thanks. I am meant to travel and care for other shifters. Mating is not for me."

"We shall see about that." The groggy, masculine voice washed over her and teased her senses. Spinning around, she expected to see the man sitting up and instead saw he'd reverted back to his tiger form. It seemed as if the tranq had rather strange affects on him.

"Has a Xiamenshifter ever been tranq'ed before?" she asked over her shoulder.

"This one has. Gregory is always rushing in where only fools or angels dare tread. This is the third time he's been tranqed that I know of. Which is why I called both you and Daniel in; I needed you to tend his wounds and Daniel to get him out of the zoo. He'll shift back and forth until the tranquillizer finally wears completely off."

"Wonderful. I guess I'll be sleeping on the floor."

"Like hell."

This time the voice didn't take her by surprise. Ignoring it she escorted Ry-lin to the door after assuring him once more she'd be fine and she'd call in the morning when Gregory was ready to spring Daniel from the zoo.

Locking the hotel door after placing the Do Not Disturb sign out, she turned and examined the large tiger curled up on her bed.

"What the hell am I going to do with you?"

This time Gregory didn't answer. With a sigh, she took her cotton sleep shorts and tank top into the bathroom, leaving the door ajar so she could hear him.

* * * *

Lying on the bed, Gregory watched the woman who was sprawled uncomfortably in a chair through slit eyes. As his brother had predicted, he remembered everything that had occurred before Dr Chen had sedated him. He knew to the marrow of his bones, she was his. It mattered not if she was a hybrid, even though he strongly suspected she was. He wasn't letting her go either way.

But until this damn tranq wears off, I'm powerless to do anything about my desire to mate with her, but there's no need for her to sleep in such an uncomfortable manner. Letting a low growl escape, he watched as she stirred. Her beautiful blue eyes opened for a moment before lowering once more. He growled a bit louder and twitched on the bed. This time she jerked upright in the chair. If he could've smiled in tiger form he would've.

"Damn." Running her hand through the dark thick wavy hair, she sent it into more disarray. She now had a sleepy just loved look. Another growl escaped him. Standing up stiffly, she stumbled towards the bed. Sinking down on the edge she yawned. "What's the matter, boy? Do you need painkiller?" She rubbed the scruff of his neck with a gentle hand. "I wished I had some to give to you but being a hybrid, the locals they give regular tigers may interfere with your unique chemistry."

She seemed startled when the soft purr escaped him. "Ah, I see you just wanted to be touched." It was common knowledge that tigers were very affectionate cats. Continuing to rub him down, she carefully avoided the wound on his foreleg.

More purrs escaped him. Her hands felt wonderful. When they slowed, he opened his eyes to look up at her. Her own eyes were closed and she was swaying obviously exhausted but still trying to care for him. Gathering his remaining strength he spoke to her mind to mind.

"Come, lay down next to me. I'm in no shape to do anything other than sleep, Shu."

"But–"

"Now, mate. I tire of worrying you're going to fall off the damn chair because you're exhausted. Lay down with me. I'll keep you warm the rest of the night."

"Pushy male." Her mumbled reply before curling up on the bed next to him made him purr with pleasure.

Such a feisty thing, she is.

* * * *

The sun streaming in from the open window woke Shu up. The feel of silky fur next to her had her thinking for a moment she was ten again and had crawled into her father's bed feverish after another brutal attack.

Opening her eyes, hazy memories of a man's strong arms wrapping around her, holding her safe and then soft fur keeping her warm washed over her. She groaned when she heard an answering rumble from the hybrid she'd saved the day before.

Fuck I've got to get up before he...

"Before he does what?"

A pair of human arms wrapped around her and a man's breath teased the shell of her ear.

"Let go of me, Gregory." She was proud of the fact her voice remained steady.

"Why, so you can run?" He took a deep breath and she could hear the rumble of his feline purr in his chest. "Damn you smell good, wild and untamed. I could roll in your scent forever."

"Knock it off. I'm not your personal cache of catnip."

"Hmm. You're a hybrid like me, aren't you, Shu? A tigress disguised in a sexy little human body. I want both the woman and tigress, so it only leaves one question."

"Really?" Her sarcasm had little effect on him.

"How hard are you going to fight me before I take what I want?" He buried his face in her hair.

Using his distraction, she jerked herself free of him. Rolling off the bed, she stood standing next to her bed with hands on her hips. Even thought she managed to keep her breathing steady, there was no way she could ignore the wetness between her thighs his words had created. Fuck! I know he can smell me!

"Hmmm, well if you want to I'm more than willing. But fucking in human form won't change the fact I'm going to have you in my mating circle before the week is up. You're going to be my mate."

Her mouth dropped open. "You arrogant ass! What makes you think I even want to mate with you?"

"My senses tell me." He rolled off the bed and stood, uncaring he was naked. Without thinking she backed up. He followed her, stalking her like the cat he was. "My hearing tells me your heart is racing."

"It does when I have to deal with arrogant shifters who manage to get shot and then captured by the local zoo."

"So it's anger and frustration that has your heart racing, Shu?" He continued to stalk her. Running out of room, she backed into the wall. His arms came up on either side of her head. "Is that why my nose is telling me you're creaming right now?" He leaned in and a growled as he gently raked his teeth over the swell of her shoulder.

A whimper escaped her as his masculine scent washed over her and his teeth teased her. Her hands flew up to his shoulders as if to push him away, when he chose to suckle on her pulse. Curling her fingers over them she jerked him against her. The rumbling purr of satisfaction he gave wanted her to bash him up against the nearest wall but the pleasure he was offering was too tempting. Her head arched back as his mouth trailed up her neck.

"Hmmm...no answer? I'll take it as a yes then."

She hissed at him without thinking. Arrogant male!

Spearing his hands into her tumbled hair he held her head still for his kiss. "If you try to bite me, I'll have you on all fours and mounted before you can stop me." He lowered his head.

"Tigers don't do it doggy style!"

He brushed his lips over hers. "But humans do." He swallowed her cry as he parted her lips with his tongue before surging in to explore hers. The erotic rub of his tongue against hers had her wrapping her arms around his neck. His hand drifted down to her breast and teased her straining nipple through the cloth of her tank top. The sudden jangle of the telephone was an irritating sound and had Gregory lifting his head and snarling.

"Let me go. I have to answer it." She wiggled against him.

His nostrils flared. "That is not a good way to convince me to let go, Shu."

The ringing continued. "I'm serious, Gregory. The only one who has this number is the zoo."

"Fuck the zoo." He pressed her back against the wall.

Shoving hard against him, she half expected him to back up but despite his slender body he was like a brick wall. "Damn it, Tiger. They have your brother!"

He stilled. "Why do they have Daniel?" His voice was hard.

"Because after you pulled your stunt and got tranqed, I couldn't care for you at the zoo. You shift back and forth too unpredictably. Unless you want the secret to leak out about shifters, I had no other choice than to bring you back here. Daniel stayed and took you place so Dr Chen wouldn't suspect anything!"

He released her. Moving across the room, she answered the phone. Behind her she could hear the rustle of clothing as Gregory hurriedly dressed.

* * * *

Arriving at the zoo, Shu and Gregory walked into the room where Daniel was pacing. He was edgy and wasn't in a good mood. Knowing the Dr Chen was watching, she carefully approached him. He snarled once at Gregory before calming down. After running her hands over him, she checked his wound.

"Looks good, Daniel. But I expected it to." She kept her voice low. "Are you ready to get out of here?"

"Fuck yes. You should see the slop they tried to feed me. I'm starving. Tell that hardhead over there to hurry up the paperwork, or I'll take a bite out of his ass."

"I heard that, brother. Don't tempt me. As it is you're in for a long ride back home."

"You wouldn't dare!" The tiger growled warningly.

"Enough, Daniel. You're going to get your ass tranqed and even dealing with one tranqed hybrid is one too many right now."

"If he keeps my ass in a cage all the way home, you better tranq me because I'll kick his ass when I get out."

"Come on, Gregory. I do believe he's well enough to travel to the preserve."

* * * *

A Month Later

Shu couldn't help be awed when she'd first laid eyes on the Preserve outside of Nanning. It was quite beautiful and for once she felt as if she were at home. The utter wildness of the surrounding had her wanting to shift and a run.

"It's tempting isn't it, Shu, the idea of being able to run free with no worries about being shot at and or discovered." Daniel walked up behind her, now in human form. He'd just returned from a short trip to Guangzhou. They were in one of the private exam rooms in the clinic on the edge of the preserve.

"It's quite beautiful, Daniel but I don't worry about those things when I shift."

"It's been a month since we arrived but you haven't once shifted. I assumed you would take the opportunity to run free."

"No. There is no freedom for me in my base form." She walked away from the window.

"Why is that?"

"Because –" She stiffened when she smelled the familiar scent of Gregory.

"Afraid to tell the protector of my pack that you're scared of what will happen when you do?" Gregory's snarl wasn't surprising. Since they'd arrived, he'd been trying to draw her into the mating ritual. When she refused to shift he'd been first amused. So he'd set out to seduce her in both forms. When she still refused, his amusement had turned into frustration and rage. He wanted her and wasn't happy about her resistance.

Daniel looked from his brother to Shu. "What's going on?"

"Are you going to tell him, Shu?" Gregory leaned up against the exam table.

"No." She turned and left the room.

Daniel looked at his brother. "What the hell is going on, Gregory. When I left for Guangzhou she was settling in fine. Why is she so skittish now?"

Gregory stared impassively at him. "She's running."

"From what?"

"Me."

When Gregory didn't elaborate, Daniel's patience wore thin. "All right, that's enough. I'm tired of pulling answers out of you like teeth. Explain!"

"She's my mate. She won't shift because she knows the first time she does I'm going to claim her."

"And you told her this? No wonder she won't shift. You hardheaded son of bitch, do you have any idea with what you're dealing with?" He rounded on his brother.

"A tigress in denial."

"No. I spoke with Ry-lin while I was gone. She's not just any ordinary hybrid, Gregory. She's a half-breed, one that's been repeatedly rejected and even attacked by her own pack. Your highhandedness is going to backfire."

"She's not the first half-breed. Why would her pack attack her? She can't help one of her parents is full blooded human."

"They're not. Both are hybrids. From what Ry-linn says her mother was a Bengal hybrid and her father a Jaguar hybrid."

Gregory paled. "Good Lord. Which does she take after?" The idea of having a mate from a different race wasn't as appalling as it should have been. Shu had gotten under his skin and he wasn't looking for a way to get her out. He was looking for a way to get her to accept his claim.

"Ry-lin doesn't know. She hasn't ever shifted outside the rainforest of her father's pack. No one other than her own pack mates know what she truly is."

He thought for a moment. "Make arrangements to go to Brazil."

"You're sending her home?" Daniel was no longer relaxed.

"Yes. This is something she's going to have to work through." Rubbing the back of his neck, he wandered to the window.

"You've got to be kidding! You're our next alpha. I can't believe you're giving her up that easily."

Gregory looked over his shoulder at him. "I'm not. You and I are going to accompany her. Facing her fears and misgivings on her own turf are the only way I'm going to have a chance to claim her."

"Let me guess, I'm going as protection?" Daniel looked amused now.

"I may be an Alpha but I'm not stupid, brother. I will be out numbered and I know it. Don't give me any sass about it. Just make the arrangements."

* * * *

Getting off the phone, Gregory sighed. His call to Enrique Rodriguez had gone better than he'd hoped. After explaining his situation to Shu's father, he was amazed at the support the man had given him. The plan they'd hatched was solid and hopefully he'd come back from Brazil a mated man. But he took her father's parting word seriously.

"She's been shunned by the males of my pack because of her form but she has a good heart. Don't break it and we'll get along fine." The words still echoed in his head.

A knock on this outer office door, drew him out of his thoughts.

"Enter."

The door opened and both Daniel and Shu walked in.

"Good, just the people I wanted to see." Leaning forward, he looked at his brother. "Did you make the arrangements?"

"Yes. We're scheduled to leave in the morning."

"Good. Well, Shu, since you're obviously going to continue to fight me and my claim, it's time for you to go home. I just finished talking to your father and he's requested your return. We'll leave in the morning." He stood and a left the room before Shu or his brother could say anything.

* * * *

Standing in front of Gregory's desk Shu trembled. "He no longer wants me?" Tears filled her eyes before anger rushed over her and she turned to follow Gregory. "That hard headed son of bitch!"

"Now, Shu, you need to calm down..." Daniel stepped in front of her.

"Calm down my ass!" She snarled at him and for the first time in his adult life, he was glad he was not going to be on the receiving in of her anger. He loved angry sex as much as the next tiger but he wasn't about to take on Shu. "First he says he wants me and then he doesn't. We'll just see about that! Move your ass out of my way."

Measuring her, he stood in front of her more calmly than he felt. "You're not going to kill him are you, Shu? How are you going to mate with him if he's dead?"

"I won't kill him but he'll wish I had. Now move!"

He wisely moved out of the way.

* * * *

Deep inside of his own tiger, Gregory ran through the preserve, leaving his scent on several trees for Shu to find. Goddess, I hope this works. Her father said telling her I'd changed my mind would, push her to prove herself worthy. I don't understand this reverse psychology stuff but it better work. The tears I heard in her voice damn neared killed me. Then the sound he'd been waiting for echoed through the forest - a female cat's scream of rage. Thank you Goddess.

* * * *

Daniel stood at the opening of the trail. Beside him Shu discarded her clothing. Handing them to him, she stretched. "You make a single snide remark about my cat, I'll tear you to shreds, Protector."

dragontatto
dragontatto
1,215 Followers