Claiming an Ally Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
titania123
titania123
1,513 Followers

Emera raced back to the cook's tent and found Glenna just bedding down. She rinsed off in the wash basin and changed into her sleeping gown. "Well, my Lady? What news have you?"

Emera was quiet a moment. She wanted to confide, but no longer wanted to share the intimacies of her heart with anyone. She was still extremely riled up from her intoxicating experience with Edrich. She decided to stick to business. "The king says he has no desire to take over Adalynd. He only distrusts the lawlessness that threatens to take over the borderlands. He hasn't a diplomat's perspective of discussing all his options, even with those who are potential allies. I think that we can come to an agreement. My father trusts me; perhaps, if he hears Edrich's view, he will do more to protect his boarder and we can stop the bandits and Edrich will give back our land." She smiled slightly, trying to convince herself it might work. She still was uncertain of what Edrich's response would be when he learned who she was, but she hoped that he liked her enough that it wouldn't matter.

The camp made it to Clearvalley before noon the next day. The large town was already full of soldiers. As the cook to the king, Leonard took over. The tent they carried was added to the existing tent. Emera quickly scouted out the numbers and types of troops.

Eventually, Emera and Glenna were able to give their goodbyes to Leonard and Linus and left as quickly as possible, before the king could see her. It took some effort to convince Glenna that she would remain behind. The plausible explanation was that she needed to stay to keep an eye on things and perhaps continue to persuade Edrich to agree to an alliance. And while the reason was true and logical, she would have argued anything to be able to stay near the king just a while longer. His pull on her was more than she could resist, so she decided to not waste energy denying it and to use her energy elsewhere.

The princess was able to procure a horse that Glenna would be able to take back through the mountains. She quickly wrote a letter to her father, detailing the good news and to write back to Edrich, requesting an audience with him to frankly discuss the matters of their respective states. She then wrote a second letter to her father that read like a common-place letter home, with no information about her mission. Glenna secured the significant letter to her person under her shift, bodice and dress. The second she carried less securely in the satchel.

They were standing in an alley way next to the stables. "Now, the way back to the passage through the mountains that will take you to Alistair, should be straight north once you've reached the village of Meadlemeyer. Here is the note for the king. Please, please reiterate to Alistair to tell the king I trust him. That man, Jenner" she said his name with quite a sneer, "lied to the king. Edrich is not evil. We can come to a compromise. Wait for Alistair to bring you a reply from the king and then return to me. Travel safely!" She hugged Glenna and watched her ride away.Now I need to decide what to do with myself, she thought.

Emera was deep in thought as she walked out of the alley. She was taken by surprise as a firm hand grasped her by the arm and painfully forced her back up against the wall. "Who are you!" the disgustingly smooth voice asked.

She looked up startled and angry into the face of the man she recognized as Jenner, the man who offered information to her father. She narrowed her eyes and yanked her arm from his grasp. Then she began to realize this man must have heard at least part of her conversation. "I have nothing to say to you, sir. Excuse me." She stepped to the side, in an attempt to leave but he grabbed her again. "Let me go, you snake!" He back-handed her. Her ears were ringing and her cheek felt as though it had been seared. She stumbled and fought to focus.

"Bite your insolent tongue! You have no idea who you are dealing with."

"I know exactly who you are, traitor! Now release me!" He recoiled from her.

Understanding showed in his angry face. "You are from Adalynd?" He stepped back from her. "Guards!" he yelled to the two men standing a few feet behind him. "Take this spy into custody!"

"Yes, Lord High Marshall," one replied. Before she could react, the two men had approached and taken her away.

titania123
titania123
1,513 Followers