Clark's Story Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I stood in the driveway mouth agape as she backed out and sped off.

It didn't matter, because Gordie spent more time with her and none with me. I saw him in class and that was it. We got into a fight shortly after that. I told him that Carla didn't like me and he accused me of being jealous. I didn't lie.

"Yes, I'm jealous. How could I not be? She stole my boyfriend. But that doesn't have anything to do with it."

"Bullshit. You're trying to sabotage my relationship with Carla. And I wasn't your boyfriend. I was just fucking around with you."

"Gord, you know that's not true. I hope you're using protection with her. If she gets pregnant, it'll ruin your life."

"We use condoms, not that it's any of your fucking business."

After that, Gordie pretty much avoided me. We still sat together in class and made small talk. He'd say 'hey, Clark' in the hallways, but beyond that there was nothing. I was absolutely devastated, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. Gordie made his choice and it wasn't me. I just put on a fake smile and got through my classes.

It was a couple of weeks later that Dad came into my room and sat down on the bed with me.

"Are you okay, son?"

"I'm fine," I said with a fake smile.

"You don't seem fine. You haven't been spending time with Gordon lately. Did you two get into a fight?"

"He has a girlfriend now, Dad," I said and my voice cracked. "He doesn't want... He doesn't have time for me anymore."

My shoulders started to shake and I couldn't hold it in. I started to bawl and Dad put his arm around my shoulder and held me as I cried.

"I'm sorry, son," Dad whispered as he comforted me. I don't know if he knew that I was in love with my best friend, but he knew how hurt I was by the rejection. I wrapped my arms around him and clung to him tightly and sobbed onto his chest.

***

At graduation, I got the courage to walk up and congratulate Gord. He surprised me by hugging me tight. I closed my eyes and inhaled his scent and for that second, I pretended that he loved me as much as I loved him. I heard he got a football scholarship to Central Michigan and I congratulated him and wished him good luck. He congratulated me on my academic scholarship to Western. We didn't get a chance to say much else, because Carla pushed me out of the way and dragged him off. He looked back at me one last time and I smiled back at him.

Over the summer, I worked at my Dad's hardware and tractor parts supply. He paid me minimum wage to work the register, and it would help to have some extra spending money when I started school in the fall. I was working my last week before I left for school in August when Gordie came in and walked up to the counter.

"Hey, Clark. Your mom said you were working here."

"Hi, Gordie."

"I missed you all summer."

I shrugged. "I've been busy."

"Me too."

"I had to see you before I left for school. Can you grab a bite tonight?"

I shrugged and nodded.

Gordie picked me up that evening and we went out and grabbed a pizza. Afterward, he drove me home and we went out and sat on the back deck. He lit up a smoke and told me that he and Carla broke up a couple weeks ago. She was heading to Ferris and didn't want to date long distance. He didn't seem too upset.

"I've been trying to break up with her for a couple months anyway. So, have you been seeing anyone?" he asked.

"What? No, of course not."

"Well, I thought maybe--"

"No."

"I didn't mean to hurt you, Clark, or turn you away. I'm so sorry for that. It's just... I needed to know... Shit. I don't know..."

"It's okay, Gordie. You don't have to explain."

My eyes started to tear up. I didn't want to talk about it or I would start crying.

Gordie sighed. "Listen. I better get going. I gotta finish packing before I head out. I've got football camp."

"Okay, Gordie. Take care of yourself and good luck."

"You too. Be careful, Clark. Don't let anyone take advantage of you. You can be too nice and trusting sometimes."

We both chuckled lightly. Then Gordie pulled me to him and hugged me tight, wrapping his big arms around me and surrounding me with his beefy body. I wrapped my arms around his back and laid my head on his chest. The one that used to be comforting and furry. I couldn't help myself; a couple of tears slipped out and slid down my face.

"I did love you, Clark," he whispered. "I want you to know that."

"I know you did, Gord."

Gordie bent down and gently kissed me on the lips. I walked Gordie through the house and to his truck. He got in and started it and rolled down the window.

"Goodbye, Clark."

"Bye."

I waved to him as he pulled out of the driveway to begin his new life.

"Goodbye, Gordie."