Coal Miner Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,682 Followers

He wouldn't be having any more kids or using that part of his anatomy for quite a while if at all. I threw the two by four in the dumpster and walked away and got in my truck. For all I knew he was dead and I really didn't care.

When I got home from work the next day my phone was ringing off the hook. I answered it and it was Brenda. "Rob, please tell me it wasn't you."

"Brenda?" I asked questioningly. "Why are you calling me? What are you talking about, was it me? I have no idea what you're talking about. Are you okay? Do you need something?"

She just started talking. "Brian was nearly beaten to death yesterday. He was still unconscious today and they had to do surgery before he would lose his...you know."

"What the fuck does that have to do with me? I hope the motherfucker dies a slow death. I have no sympathy for the cocksucker. He's your fucking lover, not mine."

"Rob! He's not my lover. I don't like him either. I was just afraid that if you were involved you might get in trouble. Believe me; I'm not worried about him."

"So, what happened? Was he fucking someone's wife, and the husband did something about it, unlike me?"

"Please, Rob, don't say things like that. I can tell you he was with Emmie; she's a new woman at the office. It was her that found him. Apparently, she was doing some reports for him and he was going to take her to dinner. She mentioned a car alarm went off and Brian went to check to see if it was his and never came back in. She got a bit worried and she and the bartender went out and found him. They said he was a mess and barely breathing."

"Good for him. Glad to see that he got his just due. You always hear it's going to happen, but it's nice to know it actually happened. Look, Brenda, I don't know the guy and I don't want to know him. It's just nice to know that maybe he won't be bothering you anymore."

"What? Rob? How did you know he was bothering me?"

"Look, like you said, let it go. I just hear things. Well, I have things to do. If you ever need something, let me know and say hi to the girls for me."

I hung up before she could say anything else. I did hear from Joyce a few days later and she told me that Brian had to have his scrotum removed. Too bad, he was able to keep his pecker. I should have kicked him again. When he was finally able to talk, he said that he was knocked down and at least two guys beat the shit out of him and robbed him. He never got a look at their faces. He said it all happened too fast.

When Joyce got through telling me all about the incident she said, "Thank you."

When I asked her why she was thanking me, I could hear the smile in her voice. She said, "You know."

So I just replied, "You're welcome."

She told me again that Brenda lost a really good man. I didn't want to go there so I just said my goodbyes. Life goes on.

-------------------

Over the last nine years, I stayed in contact with Brenda because of our daughters. We were always civil to each other and for some reason we were always placed together at family events. I attended all the girls' functions through graduation and beyond. Of course, I was present, in fact I helped pay for both of their weddings.

It was the only times I danced with Brenda and I have to say it felt good. I just wasn't going to let myself be fooled again. I was there for the birth of all my grandchildren. I sat there in the waiting room with Brenda. It was funny but she very rarely asked anything of me. There were a few times when Cheryl or Sue mentioned that their mom told them something was broken down in the house. Something like a leaky faucet or maybe an electric socket not working properly.

I would go over when Brenda wasn't home and repair it for her. She would always call me the next day and thank me. Funny that she never asked for her key to the house back. I know it's somewhat of an odd relationship, but that's the way it was. We never kissed or went to dinner or dated in anyway. I would never go to her house when she was home alone.

I figured she dated but no one had ever said anything to me. Of course, she was now a single woman and had every right to live her life the way she chose. It's just that she spent most of her free time with her daughters and grandchildren. I always knew she would be a good grandmother.

Me on the other hand, I went on mining. My daughters told me I was a good father and I tried to be a good granddad. I would make sure I was there for any family doings, birthdays, and holidays. I figured I'd attend school functions when the Grandkids got old enough.

I dated a number of women but couldn't find myself getting serious about them. Maybe it was having been burnt by Brenda or maybe I just couldn't find a woman I cared for as much as I did the ex-wife.

Sex with the women was good but again not equal to the memories I had with my ex-wife. There was always someone trying to fix me up with different woman. You would have thought there was a shortage of men in the world. Maybe they just thought I was safe and had a good job. I really don't know. The only people not trying to fix me up were my daughters, sister and Brenda and my mutual friends. They must have thought that someday Brenda and I would be back together. Not much chance of that; it's been nine years and I held my ground.

Let me get back to my story and tell you about the Earth Day protesters and exactly what happened.

*

Part 3 to follow shortly

Thank you for reading my story

DG Hear

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,682 Followers
12