Cobalt Blue Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pelaam
Pelaam
1,330 Followers

*************

"Come on, honey," an insistent voice nagged at Shaz. "I'm sure you want out of here."

Shaz batted at the hands that tried to rouse her and growled in discontent. "Now is that any way to treat the cavalry, honey?"

"Leo," Shaz said as she began to be more aware of her surroundings. "Stewie. Where...?"

"Already in the ambulance. Jaze is in full mother-hen mode. Boy do I feel sorry for you and the paramedics."

"As long as Stewie is fine, Jaze can nag all day long," Shaz said fervently as she allowed her partner to lead her unsteadily to the outside world.

**************

By virtue of his concussion, cracked ribs and a mild case of heat exhaustion, Leo told Shiraz that Stewie was being kept in the hospital overnight and they would consider releasing him in the morning. Shaz was pleased that Stewie's injuries weren't worse. Leo offered to let her stay at his flat overnight but, before they left, both wanted to check on their injured friend.

They tapped on the door of Stewie's room and slipped inside.

"How is he?" Shaz asked quietly as she looked at the small frail blond.

"Just sleeping," the big, dark man sitting at the side of the bed answered. "He'll be fine with some rest and fluids."

Shaz watched as Jaze caressed Stewie's hand. She smiled as she saw the glint of gold on Stewie's finger and knew the ring was back where it belonged; a reaffirmation of their vow.

"That's great news, Jaze," Shaz said sincerely. "I'm dossing at Leo's tonight. Is it ok for us to pop in tomorrow?"

"I'm sure Stewie would be happy to see you," Jaze replied. "And thank you, Shaz."

"For what?" she asked confused.

"Stewie came round briefly. He said you'd tried to keep him awake by getting him to talk about us. How you stayed calm and focused." Jaze looked at her and gave her a grateful smile. "Thank you."

"Take good care of him, Jaze." Shaz said, an answering smile lighting her face.

"I will," Jaze vowed returning to keep his vigil over his sleeping lover.

Shaz's smile stayed in place as she left the room. As she and Leo waited for the lift, Shaz glanced heavenwards.

//Thank you, too// she thought.

Pelaam
Pelaam
1,330 Followers
12